AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-05, 21:10   Link #461
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore!
Well if Deneve didn't say anything during Clare and Priscilla's fight would any of us really have come to the conclusion that it was the memory of Jean that kept reverting Clare back? I don't think so.
ROFLMAO, are you serious? Honestly?

You're really underestimating yourself and everyone else if you are -- people have been making a million and one theories and predictions on what eventually went down for years, and what happened, is essentially what we all expected -- just smaller and more anticlimatic because apparently it's all on Jean and not because of also, well, everyone else.

The fact that it's suddenly from Deneve of all people, also suddenly makes a degree of skepticism.

*sigh...I swear I'm gonna try to make this is the final time I talk about this, but once more: I'm not saying she's wrong, but I'm not saying she's right either -- she may be in the right direction, but I feel the true answer is much more complicated then what Deneve made it out to be.

, "Dr.Deneve"....honestly, she'd make a good doctor, how cold and clinical she is sometimes.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:18   Link #462
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

, "Dr.Deneve"....honestly, she'd make a good doctor, how cold and clinical she is sometimes.
Spoiler for Paging Dr. Deneve:

edit: My god, what will I do for an entire month now.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:18   Link #463
The Based

I dream of pastures where the ghosts recruit Cassy and everyone gets along. But in the given situation all that is left is despair. Few AB are able to regain their humanity. Maybe she'll react to seeing Cynthia but that's a stretch. Yes, I'll be calling #35, the one who made Cassy smile for the first time, Cynthia's ancestor.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:23   Link #464
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Spoiler for Paging Dr. Deneve:

edit: My god, what will I do for an entire month now.
*shrug, hey, at least nobody seems to be complaining about the lack of Claire anymore.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:25   Link #465
Nixl

Quote:
*shrug, hey, at least nobody seems to be complaining about the lack of Claire anymore.
Shhhhhh, Shiekamatic, pretend you don't notice or they will catch on. Act natural, put on your cool face and keep walking. They can smell fear...and being too weary to reply to something that has been typed to death with subjective rage.

What ever you do not say it three times.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:26   Link #466
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Fenrir_valindri
Hysteria still holds the advantage by far. In the end is all about yoki power and hysteria has not even started. What makes me crazy is that miata smell her saying that she was a number 1 and now she seems a lot weaker than hysteria.
That is just the thing, we have had no confirmation that Hysteria's yoki is far beyond Miria's own, we just know that her technique is far superior. Not once has anyone comment (till just this chapter) on the yoki of any of the #1's. I highly doubt that they are 100% suppressed, or are even trying to hide their strength (except maybe Roxanne), so I honestly don't think that are that superior Yoki-wise to Miria (or at least not Hysteria). AKA, Hysteria's technique simply trumped Miria's Phantom, but her actual abilities (speed/strength/yoki) aren't that much higher then Miria's.

Not to mention Miria could immediately tell that they were no match for Riful, but has said nothing of the sort against Hysteria.

I think the perceived gap in their combat ability just looks a lot bigger then it actually is.

Quote:
Although is a nice point, it makes me think about what rigardo said about isley – that despite his size he could reach speeds far superior to himself which indicates that higher yoki power, higher speed and strength. Also, when isley is fighting with pris, she is able to hold down his arrows ( extra chapter). Riful seems also surprised that pris was able to reach her so fast ( when she dies at her hands). This allows me to think that every single ability will grow up if you put more yoki power in that ability( miria have just done that). So, the bigger monster, better reflexes they have.
These are all in concern to full awakened beings, I ask you to recall Clare going over her limit against Rigaldo, but being completely unable to control her own speed. Something similar is occurring here, except Hysteria and Miria are clashing head on, while Rigaldo was simply trying to avoid Clare. Keep in mind that full awakened beings completely change both their bodies and minds.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:30   Link #467
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Shhhhhh, Shiekamatic, pretend you don't notice or they will catch on. Act natural, put on your cool face and keep walking. They can smell fear...and being too weary to reply to something that has been typed to death with subjective rage.

What ever you do not say it three times.

Shiekamatic....that's the first time I've ever heard that one before

Right right, three times...like Beetlejuice
Old 2011-10-05, 21:35   Link #468
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I think the perceived gap in their combat ability just looks a lot bigger then it actually is.
Lets just hope that for the sake of the story
Old 2011-10-05, 21:37   Link #469
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Sorry, got forced to watch X-Factor with my family... if I didn't look so much like them I'd sware I was adopted

Quote:
Firstly was this bit by Roxanne: "That's why I hate to have children as opponents".

Nothing crazy just...I don't know, it stuck out -- obviously the shrimp twins aren't exactly physically old by any means, but the line seemed to be bigger then just a simple taunt.

Not that I'm thinking Roxanne literraly fought/killed children at one point or another, but something about that line jumped out at me. Keeping it in mind till I get further on it.
That was my first impression too... however since Cassandra only seems to have an interest in powers I suspect the children she spoke of are either other victims of her "Love and Hate" cycle or fully awakened warriors like Riful whom just happen to have been children when they awakened. Riful was knowledgeable due to her age, based on that line and Miata's poor ability at reattaching her limbs too I'm now beginning to suspect she too would have been poor at regenerating in the beginning. I'm just not sure I see Roxanne bothering with humans beyond simply messing with there heads like Teresa did, unlike Ophelia whom was implied to have killed quite a few.

------------

As to the "sword hilt" and "blade of evil" a little lesson for those who forgot or are new here. The hilt in the entire handle of the blade, it is has three parts guard (the cross part), grip (duh) and pommel (the tip below the handle). The "sword of evil" uses all three to attack instead of the blade and by pure coincidence the real life sword named Claymore (used by the Scotts) was know for commonly using both the guard and pommel to attack since the sword was so massive it was often easier and more efficient to attack with them rather than wasting time to take another massive swing.

Now it wasn't considered evil or dirty by the scotts but logical and practical, in fact it was so approved that only the top 2 feet or so of the blade was sharpened so they could use the sword like a staff if need be too and attack with either the blade with one hand or the guard/pommel with the other.

It's considered an evil move by the Claymores since they're so strong and fast to them a Claymore is light one handed blade and that massive blade is only part of the weapon that is a weapon. They view using the guard or pommel to attack as be a desperate ploy to survive... recall how Deneve and Helen first acted like they hated Clare when they first meet her since they considered her a burden that at best would likely get killed and cause them emotional trauma for bringing her into that mess or at worst get them all killed. So to many warriors seeing such a weakness or desperate ploy is a sign of there inevitable fate and many people just can't stand to look at such a sign.

Roxanne being a very low digit at the time of learning the move saw it as a way she could have a shot at surviving so learned it but later rejected the move once she became strong enough to not to need to rely on it any more... so it was a very nice spot that she used that move anyways against Cassandra no matter how much she now hated that move (it really does make one wonder why she used it on her rather than her other techniques).

I've been suspecting for a bit now that Roxanne wouldn't use her Beautiful sword technique that she learned from #5 Elizabeth until she was up against Awakened Cassandra... I'm really excited to learn what new sword technique Yagi has invented next month. (please reveal it next month Yagi) Anyways I'm really expecting it to at least give Roxanne a chance against an AO for more than a few moments at worst and at best defeat her with it (since lets face it Yagi will kill someone to prop another's power level up, it's just the nature of how he's handled the series thus far and a hybrid killing an AO would more greatly make warrior seem Teresa ish level than the AO defeating the hybrid) Plus in the end someone is going to have to fight Clare or Priscilla and one of these 3 would be the most logical choice.

------------

As to why Hysteria doesn't just go to "50%" and defeat Miria it's quite simple, she'll lose her ability to use the Elegant attack if she does. The principle is the same as Phantom and it requires one be at a low yoki and instantly raise it to between 60% and 78ish% as outlined on Yagi's chart here which was put int the databook.

Databook entry of power used when phantoming http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post3723450

Hysteria can't use Miria's new method without awakening and she seems to have not enough desire to risk that yet for the reward of survival, after all Miria stated that the idea came to her because of what she became and Hysteria isn't partially awakened so for her to do it would be a death sentence to her humanity. Now she did seemingly choose to choose awakening over death in her past, but for all we know she thought she could resist it instead of choosing life over as an awakened since after all if survival was her sole priority she could have just awakened and defeated everyone then and there but she choose to fight as a warrior instead... so what was going through her mind is still an unknown.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:40   Link #470
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
it is has three parts guard (the cross part), grip (duh) and pommel (the tip below the handle).
You lost me,

Can you start over gain with a visual representation?
Old 2011-10-05, 21:48   Link #471
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You lost me,

Can you start over gain with a visual representation?

Grip (handle): Area behind the guard designed to safely hold and control a sword. The center part of the hilt encompassing the tang. Outer materials include leather, wire and fabric, or metal plates applied to a hollow cylindrical core of wood, horn or metal. Other designs include two pieces of wood (or other material) applied to both sides of the tang as found in Japanese swords like the samurai or katana. Modifications and variations have been developed based upon safety needs, as well as comfort and fashion.

Guard (cross guard, hand guard): Protective part of the hilt designed to block, deflect, pin or redirect an opponent's sword thereby minimizing or avoiding injury. Typically located between the blade and grip with the tang passing thru the center. Some of the various styles include straight perpendicular designs as found in medieval knight swords, petite cylindrical designs as in Roman short swords, and elaborately coiled designs common to rapiers. Other unique designs exist on sabers, foils, cutlass, etc.

Hilt: Commonly referred to as the 'handle of a sword'. Comprised of three parts: Guard (hand-guard), Grip (area to safely hold and control sword) and Pommel (secures guard and grip to blade). Often the most distinctive part of a sword giving it charm, character and status. Is a basis for determining sword history, value and classification for many sword collectors. These sword parts can be reused or replaced to make a sword more unique or personalized for the owner.

Pommel: Rear-end part of a sword's hilt (handle). Designed to function as a counter-weight, of specific weight, to offset the blade heaviness of a sword. Gives balance to the sword close to the guard increasing the user's ability to maneuver the sword, and with increased speed. Common to broad swords, Roman short swords and rapiers with varying styles elaborately designed to compliment the guard. Are often threaded for mounting directly to the tang, or attached to the tang by using a small bolt known as either a pommel nut, tang nut, pommel bolt or capstan rivet.

Quillion: The extended portion of the guard occurring on either side of the blade in either a straight or ‘cross’ design (as in medieval knight swords), or curved (as in Renaissance rapiers and swords).

Note the above is for western swords... but not all eastern swords
Old 2011-10-05, 21:49   Link #472
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Thank you for the history lesson and reminders Ryus -- my line-of-thinking is more like the Scotts in, whatever is logical and practical, is what works; I don't believe in fair-fights or intentionally not using manuevers/techniques/etc simply because the appearence or perception of them may be viewed as negative. Even if you outgrow it; what works then, will work now.

As for Hysteria, you are also right in that their really isn't much she can do that isn't really just doing what Miria is doing right now - unless she has a trick up her sleeve, she could very well be pushed onto the defensive.

--

Nixl -- let me try: their is the large cyndrinical hand-grip, the metel above between the blade and the grip (cross part) which connects the blade to the handle, and the spiky bit beneath the hilt which is the pommel.

EDIT: *stares at Ryus' new picture

suddenly my description feels lacking...
Old 2011-10-05, 21:51   Link #473
Nixl

Quote:

But...can it fly?
Old 2011-10-05, 21:55   Link #474
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
But...can it fly?
Depends... is Yuma throwing it?
Old 2011-10-05, 21:57   Link #475
Nixl

Quote:
Depends... is Yuma throwing it?
I was thinking she would be the one riding it like the Silver Surfer.

Omg, Yuma's awakened form....
Old 2011-10-05, 21:59   Link #476
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I was thinking she would be the one riding it like the Silver Surfer.

Omg, Yuma's awakened form....
Pure genius
Old 2011-10-05, 22:12   Link #477
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
Plus in the end someone is going to have to fight Clare or Priscilla and one of these 3 would be the most logical choice.
..........Elaborate, why do you say this?
Old 2011-10-05, 22:18   Link #478
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I just read the translated chapter, so I'll toss some impressions out there.

1. I swear to god Roxanne is inspired by the Joker. She makes Ophelia seem nice in comparison...truly an evil bitch. Kudos to Yagi for creating such a character.

2. This story is clearly a parallel to Miria and Ophelia. It's interesting to see the other parallel in Hysteria versus Miria. Conspicuously absent (to me at least) is the presence of a Teresa type character. Was she really that unique among Claymore, personality wise?

3. Poor Audrey. Lost all her limbs, got covered in blood, and now a former number one just Awakened right on top of her.

4. I don't think Hysteria is going to keep fighting Miria with a strong Awakened rampaging around. Then again I'm rooting for Roxanne to get the beatdown she deserves.

5. It seems Dae didn't choose these number ones randomly. It appears he picked them based on their chances of Awakening. A fun experiment to watch I'm sure, but you can see the method to his madness - it's doubtful if all three Awakened anyone would be left alive, including the Awakened, since they'd probably turn on each other too.

6. The Ghosts and the group of Claymore they rescued are way overdue for arrival. It's also about time we got some stirrings from Claireblob and maybe even some cameos from the three Claymore in Rabona.
Old 2011-10-05, 22:22   Link #479
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
6. The Ghosts and the group of Claymore they rescued are way overdue for arrival. It's also about time we got some stirrings from Claireblob and maybe even some cameos from the three Claymore in Rabona.
Woops. Yagi forgot to put in the page showing us the current status of the Ghosts and the Claireblob:

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2011-10-05, 22:24   Link #480
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760 Send a message via Skype™ to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Woops. Yagi forgot to put in the page showing us the current status of the Ghosts and the Claireblob.
that is kinda getting on my nerves
I mean, claymore and all, super stuff, but what about claire?!
the authors probably forgot about her and the story continues without her lol
Closed Thread