AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 05:34   Link #301
Destined_Fate

Index doesn't really seem like a main character though, at least not compared to Touma and Misaka.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 06:37   Link #302
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Misaka is definitely no more the main heroine than Index.

The reason why you're thinking that is because Misaka is the main romantic interest, plot-wise they are about even.
Old 2012-06-30, 00:06   Link #303
Destined_Fate

I'm just used to Main Characters that actively do things on their own. Index for the most part just leaves all the typical main character stuff to Touma.
Old 2012-06-30, 00:28   Link #304
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Misaka is definitely no more the main heroine than Index.

The reason why you're thinking that is because Misaka is the main romantic interest, plot-wise they are about even.
I would personally say Misaka is more important then Index by the very fact she has her own series and Index doesn't.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 00:31   Link #305
Kimidori
Let's Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
I would personally say Misaka is more important then Index by the very fact she has her own series and Index doesn't.
so A Certain Magical Index isn't about Index?
Old 2012-06-30, 00:36   Link #306
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'm just used to Main Characters that actively do things on their own. Index for the most part just leaves all the typical main character stuff to Touma.
That's because Touma is the Main Protagonist while Index is the main Heroine.

However in the Index series, the same could be said for Mikoto not doing much.

Quote:
It doesn't translate to anything story-wise.
Old 2012-06-30, 01:51   Link #307
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
so A Certain Magical Index isn't about Index?
Well considering she's the name sake she really doesn't feature all that often, does she.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 02:02   Link #308
Destined_Fate

Well, they can't have Misaka stealing the show in Index when she's the star of Railgun, though I don't think many would complain if she did.
Old 2012-06-30, 02:09   Link #309
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, they can't have Misaka stealing the show in Index when she's the star of Railgun, though I don't think many would complain if she did.
Heh, funny you should say that, because the star of Railgun is starting to become Saten after the Anime.

Mah, not completely of course.

Quote:
Well considering she's the name sake she really doesn't feature all that often, does she.
It's just a title, and frankly I have no in idea why it's bothering people so much. She may be the titular character but Touma is the protagonist, I don't know why is that so hard for them to comprehend. The story doesn't always revolve around her just like how no one character is the center of everything... Not even Touma. But she has far more face time than any other girl save for Mikoto, not even the other Protagonists and their heroines have done as much.

Anyway, as fascinating as all this is, we really shouldn't be using the movie thread to discuss this.
Old 2012-06-30, 02:17   Link #310
Destined_Fate

Eh, Saten is nice but she's no Misaka. Great for her to get some attention but the main attraction to Railgun is and always will be Misaka and her appearances in Index are always something golden.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:33   Link #311
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Heh, funny you should say that, because the star of Railgun is starting to become Saten after the Anime.

Mah, not completely of course.

It's just a title, and frankly I have no in idea why it's bothering people so much. She may be the titular character but Touma is the protagonist, I don't know why is that so hard for them to comprehend. The story doesn't always revolve around her just like how no one character is the center of everything... Not even Touma. But she has far more face time than any other girl save for Mikoto, not even the other Protagonists and their heroines have done as much.

Anyway, as fascinating as all this is, we really shouldn't be using the movie thread to discuss this.
Well, its exactly because the tittle has her name on it people expected/expects more just like Shana in Shakugan no Shana ....
Old 2012-06-30, 10:20   Link #312
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, its exactly because the tittle has her name on it people expected/expects more just like Shana in Shakugan no Shana ....
I've said again, please don't continue this conversation here, I've still got 5 more months before the rest of my Infractions points from this year and last year expires -_- And I don't need another one right now discussing off-topic stuff.

Moved the conversation to the General thread
Old 2012-07-02, 06:19   Link #313
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Official date for this movie

hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 06:48   Link #314
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

^

To add to the above

(You know, just in case you find yourself in the Neighborhood lol)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-07-02 at 07:00.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 09:14   Link #315
desrtsku
Hold this for me.

^ How many does that make? My eyes are burning so I can't count . Well I expected it to be open in at least 30 screens, seems like it was too much demanded (assuming it's less than 30 screens ... and assuming it's about the screening >.>).
And, it's the first time in my life I ever noticed Touma's eye colour.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:30   Link #316
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
it's the first time in my life I ever noticed Touma's eye colour.
I've always thought of it as blue, you know, in contrast to Accelerator's red eyes.

Just like how they always wear opposite colored clothes... Not to mention hair colour.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:07   Link #317
blackwhite67
Banned

Alright, I just finished reading the whole thread. Time for some real speculation. First, are we absolutely sure Stiyl says the reason for the attack was because of something in her body?

The only reason I can think of for Arisa being able to star a war between Magic and Science is that she is able to destroy the balance of power between Magic and Science. Probably by strengthening the Science. Maybe Arisa's power is to amplify AIM fields and the abilities of other Espers? It would explain why she is a Level 0 since the system scan wouldnt be able to detect such an ability.

Maybe Endymion has a darker purpose. Besides its obvious purpose as a space elevator, maybe it will act as some sort of tower that Arisa could use to expand the AIM field all over the world. Potentially making it impossible to use magic. This would be enough reason for the Magic side to attack.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 20:31   Link #318
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Alright, I just finished reading the whole thread. Time for some real speculation. First, are we absolutely sure Stiyl says the reason for the attack was because of something in her body?

The only reason I can think of for Arisa being able to star a war between Magic and Science is that she is able to destroy the balance of power between Magic and Science. Probably by strengthening the Science. Maybe Arisa's power is to amplify AIM fields and the abilities of other Espers? It would explain why she is a Level 0 since the system scan wouldnt be able to detect such an ability.

Maybe Endymion has a darker purpose. Besides its obvious purpose as a space elevator, maybe it will act as some sort of tower that Arisa could use to expand the AIM field all over the world. Potentially making it impossible to use magic. This would be enough reason for the Magic side to attack.

That's seems too big of a scale; and if our speculation is right all this happened before Vento attacked so there's no way for the magic side to know anything about Imaginary Number District.

Though in the first place, saying 'magic side' is abit too vague- there are several dozens of different cabals, churches and organizations and they definitely don't all work together. I think in this case, it's one small cabal acting on it's own with Stiyl's as the Necessarius contact... Though if this is a complete Necessarius operation it could put a political strain on the two factions.

Honestly though, my first thoughts were that Arisa (the heroine in question) has some kind of data/information to help complete the Endymion, but that wouldn't explain why magicians would want her. At the same time the synopsis said that the Academy City forces sent to counter them are Law Enforcements, not Black Ops, which makes me think this has more to do with what Magician Side wants.
Old 2012-07-02, 22:38   Link #319
Ilidsor
Angelerator

My guess is that she has some important magical power, but she became an esper either in ignorance or to avoid having to use it. And the magic side (Necessarius probably because Styil is there) want to kill her to get it back. I just don't have any idea what it might be (a really important/strong grimoire maybe?).
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 22:53   Link #320
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
My guess is that she has some important magical power, but she became an esper either in ignorance or to avoid having to use it. And the magic side (Necessarius probably because Styil is there) want to kill her to get it back. I just don't have any idea what it might be (a really important/strong grimoire maybe?).
I suppose the key clue is why would she cause a war between science and magic? Because that would imply that she is or has something that is of value to both scientist and magician.