AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 12:18   Link #401
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for stuff:
Examining the poster...

Hmm, whoever drew this, must've seen the future. I believe this wallpaper material was from the days the first season of Index aired!

Spoiler for Though, it might be just coincidence:

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 12:49   Link #402
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Examining the poster...

Hmm, whoever drew this, must've seen the future. I believe this wallpaper material was from the days the first season of Index aired!

Spoiler for Though, it might be just coincidence:
Holy shit! The person who drew that saw into the future!

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 14:29   Link #403
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Then what? You won't watch it? Well that's a huge loss for the Index franchise.
No, I'll watch it and make fun of it on the internet. I know, I'm hardcore.

What really chafes my asshole is that I KNOW that by the end of this movie, we will have learned nothing of particular interest (at best foreshadowing for what's going on in NT) and NOTHING relevant to the actual plot of the series will be accomplished. The entire point of making this movie is blatantly jerking us by the dick and cashing in on a no-surprises SIDE STORY plot Kamachi wrote up in a week or so.

Now here comes the cries of the fanboys

OK, OK, truth-telling aside, this is a huge problem. In fact, from the point of view of a studio who wants to appeal to their fanbase as much as possible, not having Accelerator in there somewhere to balance it out is such a mind-boggling fuck-up that I have to consider their entire marketing department as fucking incompetent, or, suffering a RL case of the Kami-yan disease.

Hey, J.C., Kamachi, let me give you a lesson on how you should have planned this shit out. I'll hold your hand.

1. Keep the plot simple (though not stupid) and don't try to pretend this has ramifications on the main series. This is, at best, a side story. And that's all it is. Don't take it too seriously. Academy City possibly being destroyed? Big conflict between Science and Magic? Oh yeah, totally buying it. Such dire consequences! Y'know, it kinda kill tension when we already know that nothing major happened because we read from V1 to NT4. YOU DONKEY!

2. Design it to appeal to your entire fanbase. What do I mean by that? Instead of making this movie a Touma-central story with his two girlfriends Pikachu and Michael Moore's long lost daughter, branch it out. Have the story of the movie take place AFTER Index 2 so it feels fresh, before V14 and V15. Have us follow, and switch perspectives, from Touma and [Insert numerous allies here] to Accelerator and GROUP as they deal with [Insert thing that's happening in Academy City]. That way, everyone is happy, except Hamazura fans. So throw them a quick cameo in there. Speaking of cameo...

3. Fanservice. LOADS OF FANSERVICE. No, don't show me underaged girls in panties and bra. I want cameos from characters that we'll see later on in Index. Hell, take my advice: introduce Six in the movie. Everyone will want to see it just because of that.

That's all I've got.

Asses KICKED.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 15:34.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 15:33   Link #404
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
1. Keep the plot simple (though not stupid) and don't try to pretend this has ramifications on the main series. This is, at best, a side story. And that's all it is. Don't take it too seriously. Academy City possibly being destroyed? Big conflict between Science and Magic? Oh yeah, totally buying it. Such dire consequences! Y'know, it kinda kill tension when we already know that nothing major happened because we read from V1 to NT4. YOU DONKEY!
In Shopping Mall Demonstration Side Story Academy City almost end up destroyed and while you know it is not going to, your heart skip a beat many times...

Especially in the explosion...
Old 2012-07-16, 15:46   Link #405
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
NOTHING relevant to the actual plot of the series will be accomplished. The entire point of making this movie is blatantly jerking us by the dick and cashing in on a no-surprises SIDE STORY plot Kamachi wrote up in a week or so.
And knowing Kamachi, he could, like, you know, feel like it and novelize the movie as a side story (or use it's event within a side story) and make it as cannon as it is?
He has done weirder stuff with the extra material, I mean, you can't act like this is a random generic & un-exiting Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball or whatever movie. It's Kamachi after all
Old 2012-07-16, 15:51   Link #406
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Kyon all I got from you is:

*Waahh waahhh waahhh!! They're not doing things MY WAY! I WANT IT MY WAY! I'M A FANFIC WRITER GOODDAMNIT! I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 16:01   Link #407
Ashaman

Quote:
-snip-

Asses KICKED.
I agree with point 2 and 3; Accel is really popular and not including him is a waste. But lets be honest - Touma is the MC and is actually more popular than Accel. He doesn't need the Number 1 to make a compelling story. He's done it plenty of times on his own merit.

But I do have problem with point 1; just because we ultimately know that AC doesn't get destroyed or whatever, doesn't mean that they can't make it exciting. We have at least 3 characters and a Space Elevator that we have no idea what happens to.

Hell, depending on how they play it, it could at least give the appearence that its had an impact on the actual plot.
Old 2012-07-16, 16:10   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

No, having Accelerator contradicts the very first rule of Anime Original Movies- Keep it simple.

First you got to create a subplot for him to use otherwise he'll just be a cameo, then you have to find a way to converge that plotline into the main story while giving him enough script-time and focus. Accelerator is not like other protagonists from other shows, he's not working in the same setting as Kamijou.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-07-16 at 16:52. Reason: Edited it out >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 16:28   Link #409
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, having Accelerator contradicts the very first rule of Anime Original Movies- Keep it simple.

First you got to create a subplot for him to use otherwise he'll just be a cameo, then you have to find a way to converge that plotline into the main story while giving him enough script-time and focus. Accelerator is not like other protagonists from other shows, he's not working in the same setting as Kamijou.

Kyon pretty much doesn't know what he's talking about and for some reason is getting annoyingly anal about it.
But he has a point on his third if they include Misaki, ITEM, SCHOOL, GRS or even Aogami the 6th Level5 most of the fanbase will go 'Shut up and take my money' .
Old 2012-07-16, 18:05   Link #410
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
But I do have problem with point 1; just because we ultimately know that AC doesn't get destroyed or whatever, doesn't mean that they can't make it exciting. We have at least 3 characters and a Space Elevator that we have no idea what happens to.

Hell, depending on how they play it, it could at least give the appearence that its had an impact on the actual plot.
That's the whole point, isn't it. Is the really necessary? Is this a story needed to be told? If you're going to make a 2 hour + production, don't waste it on a pointless story that doesn't lead to anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Or you could put the script in a stump grinder and get on with Index 3. You know, THE GOOD STUFF.

Also, calling it right now, there will be a Railgun 2 teaser trailer after this movie's credits. Back from where we never left.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:09. Reason: No retort images!
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 18:53   Link #411
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Anyway, I wonder if it'll take place in space at one point. Imagine Touma punching someone in Zero G.
If there was a Zero G punch, I would think they'd announce the movie in 3D.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:10.
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 03:40   Link #412
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Back on topic, I don't know why there's so much flak about the movie.
It becomes canon, complaints everywhere. "It's gonna destroy the Index canon!"
It doesn't comprise canon, complaints everywhere. "Where's the animated versions of the later volumes, J.C. Staff?!"
Not to mention the involvement of Touma and Mikoto in the series always stirs up all kinds of shit.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:11.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 10:23   Link #413
Miraluka
18 forever

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10745.html

New Nishikiori's twitt
Old 2012-07-17, 10:28   Link #414
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

subject it covers have nothing to do with it >_>

Recently updated Rika's Story 5/22/2014
Looking for playtesters
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 10:36   Link #415
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
subject it covers have nothing to do with it >_>
^ This.

Nishikiori is commenting on the K-On! movie.

One of the blogger's remarks: "Let's have Director Nishikiori direct the next K-On movie."

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:01   Link #416
zaeraal

I'll also add a commentary for Mr.Kyon posts.

Even if it is a sidestory at best, it still can be good.

Just look at railgun for example, it is also a sidestory.
It has it's own new characters (to those can happen anything) and characters from the main story.
It adds a lot to the original story and still remains canon.
You know that the MC is not going to die, or be death more than 5 minutes (with a heroic return) and you know the city is not going to be destroyed.
But it still can be really entertaining to watch/read.

Even though I personally prefer the ending movies that "end unfinished anime" I still have some hope that it will be good (not much, but enough).
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:23   Link #417
desrtsku
wuaaai!

Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Nishikiori is commenting on the K-On! movie.
Hmm ... what?
Well, what did he say?
Old 2012-07-17, 12:32   Link #418
leukrota

So much judgement and it hasn't even been screened. I personally don't have high expectations (it's JC Staff after all), but I'm not going to trash it without giving it the benefit of the doubt. It could be a good movie having Kamachi as the plot writer, I'd say it will depend a lot in how much time/money they decide to allow for the scripting, but that's just another issue for which we can only speculate.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:12. Reason: Off topic bit removed!
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:42   Link #419
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
So much judgement and it hasn't even been screened. I personally don't have high expectations (it's JC Staff after all), but I'm not going to trash it without giving it the benefit of the doubt. It could be a good movie having Kamachi as the plot writer, I'd say it will depend a lot in how much time/money they decide to allow for the scripting, but that's just another issue for which we can only speculate.
The complains about Index's anime seasons were about animation issues and some resumed talks like the one between Alesiter and Dr. Heaven Canceller. I don't take in account shipping stupid talks.

But, yeah I know what you mean. Quite the opposite, watching more anime should make one more tolerable to the changes an anime adaption comes with. Btw, about SAO do you mean on SAO's sub-forum?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:12.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 13:28   Link #420
leukrota

Yeah... on other sites, I haven't checked the one on animesuki (though I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing was happening here)
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote