AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-02, 22:12   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Shonen Comedy Manga/Anime with unique fight

i am searching for manga/anime that shonen which heavily emphasize on comedy

also i want it to have uniqueness in their fight. no simply simple sword or punch fight

something like

shaman king
law of ueki
one piece
raman 1/2

dont have to be fighting genre also. some detective like Conan will do

also dont be to dark
Old 2011-10-02, 23:09   Link #2
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Slayers.. Although this show is old its kind of funny.. sometimes.. BUT i'll tell you this THEY ALWAYS TRY HARD! LOL....
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=657

I always forget what shonen means... LOL...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-10-02, 23:57   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i am searching for manga/anime that shonen which heavily emphasize on comedy

also i want it to have uniqueness in their fight. no simply simple sword or punch fight

also dont be to dark
There's Gintama although the fights involve swords most of the times. Have you read Beelzebub & Air Gear? There's also the hilarious The World God Only Knows if you like different kind of 'fights'. Sora no Otoshimono is also funny as hell (the fights is between angelic-battle-droid maidens). Furthermore, I think almost all manga by Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail, Rave, etc) has what you're looking for. In addition, you might want to read Busou Renkin though I'm not sure about anything of it coz I only read the first three chapters. As for 'unique fight' element, have you read the original Yu-Gi-Oh! manga? I promise you, it's NOT LIKE what its anime depicted, which is about cards, cards, and more cards. It actually, has decent story about an ancient pharaoh spirit looking for his lost memory (No saving the world by playing cards ) and different kind of fights/games in each arc, although it lacks in the humour element. If you like Detective Conan, you might want to read Q.E.D.

Although there are anime versions of those titles, what I suggest above are the manga title only. Still, you're welcome to watch the anime version.

If you have read or don't like all of the above titles, I can recommend more.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-10-03 at 00:41.
Old 2011-10-04, 15:34   Link #4
Undertaker

Kekkaishi => 'Nuff said.

Nurarihyon no Mago => Story abou Youkai

Toaru Majutsu no Index/Toaru Kagaku no Railgun => Not exactly based on Shonen action, but great fights nevertheless and nice comedy.
Old 2011-10-07, 11:29   Link #5
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Beelzebub - if your not already reading this then you have to get ot it right now!

Baka to Tesuto to Shoukanjuu - Same as above, altho I also have to say that you should check out the anime for this one as well, it's brilliant stuff.

Medaka Box - not exactly a heavy emphasize on the comedy but it's there.
Alot of dialogue to be had in this but it's a interesting read to say the least

The World God Only Knows - like said before this is a different kinda "fight" but it's def worth a look, it is indeed hilarious stuff.

D-Frag - Not so much a fighting series, altho there are fights, this is just about random, silly fun and should provide the lolz but not quite for everyone.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! - Good stuff here with the comedy and also has a anime currently airing as well.

Bamboo Blade - Based on kendo, really good and funny series this altho not shounen but seinen I think it's worth a shot.

Mx0 - A finsihed but rushed ending series that has magic as main theme for the fights. Not exactly heavy on the comedy but still pretty funny.
Plus it's got one of the cutest mascot chracter's you'll ever see