AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2015-06-22, 07:16   Link #1
Morbidden

Location: At the state of Madness, on the county of Confusion.
I opened my eyes and became a Dungeon Master.

As some of you might have guessed by the name of this Web Novel that I am writing takes a few inspirations from some other series which have long names.

But before we get back into the curious name of my series and the premise itself let's get familiar shall we? I will answer all of your questions by myself without you needing to ask them yourself. I know, it is genious isin't it?

Question 1: Who are you?

A horrible person. Just kidding, I am your typical low paid jobber from Finland who has trouble with debt and has horrible health issues and can't find a stable job because of it. Or I may not be the brightest lightbulb around, and that's why my life is miserable.

Question 2: What kind of name is Morbidden?

Clever as hell! When you have a morbid person who is always bedridden they become Morbidden.

Question 3: You think you're funny and clever don't you?

No.

Now that I have answered all the immidiate important questions I will tell you about my upcoming web novel. Written by me and probably edited horribly by me too. I am finnish for god's sake and poor. I can't afford an editor! So don't bug me about my numerous grammatical errors and mistakes. Also don't comment about me butchering the english language, I know about it.

I opened my eyes and became a Dungeon Master

Premise

Our story begins suddenly, our main character sees only flashing lights and hears unbearable noise. After noises stop and he is finally able to see again he wakes up in a large and almost empty checkered room.

After investigating the points of interest around the room he is inevitably sucked into a world of fantasy through a portal that resides in the middle of the previously mentioned room.

However his being in this new world is completely intangible and unseen by the inhabitants of this world. He has no natural way to interact with anything, without using his special abilities through his menu system.

Interaction Points (IP) are used to interact with the world by either changing it's shape or giving otherwordly suggestions to people and influencing them. Interactions can go from dreams to creating dungeons.

God Points (GP) are used to create new items and creatures from fiction. It can range from creating a small pebbles of stones to mythicals creatures to mundane humans.

Through his menu, he finds his end goal. To reincarnate into this new mystical world as a living being. His problem is the massive paywall which he despairs. 1 million gp, that is what he needs to converse and feel the warmth of other people again. Too bad he only has 999,999,900 points to go.

And the worst part? The only way to gather those points is to influence the world itself. To create myths, people of those myths, events of the myths and monsters and locations of the myths. A world where every action matters and everything interconnected, our main character must disturb the peace of the world for his own gain...and amusement.

Inspiration

My inspiration for this series stems from tabletops. The Dungeon Masters or Game Masters of those sorts of games. They're both story tellers, villains and the primary audience for their own stories and they enjoy watching their toys (others players) struggle.

I have read Legendary Moonlight Sculptor to volume 20 and all translated Overlord to date which are also massive inspirations.

Also I would like to break the mold where a main character ain't all important and super stong when transported to new world. This series will focus on the other characters who our Dungeon Master is playing with.

Question 4: When is the first chapter coming out?

I thought we were over these! But if I must answer you, hopefully soon. I am a slow writer with no deadlines. So first chapter may take a bit. In my head I am imagining a +3000 words for my first chapter without fleshing it out. So please be patient.

I will later edit this post to contain the link for the first chapter when it is ready. Feel free to chat to me about the series. I am excited that I may finally be able to get from my ass to do this!

Chapter I Progress: 80% / 100%
''Whatever we choose to do with our lives is meaningless in the end. It takes only time for us to be forgotten, and everyone will be forgotten in the end. Some only leave an impression and loud noise as they go. But even the noise will fade and eerie silence will remain. It takes only 10000, maybe 20000 years and no one will remember WW2, it would be as it never were. It does indeed make our lives insignificant. Even memories of genocides will fade, making our own lifes completely meaningless. In the end, it doesn't matter what you do, when you do or how you did it. You will be forgotten.'' - Morbidden 2015.

Last edited by Morbidden; 2015-06-25 at 07:29. Reason: Updated progress status!
Morbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 12:08   Link #2
Morbidden

Location: At the state of Madness, on the county of Confusion.
Prologue

Since no one else has posted anything I will take advantage of it and post a prologue here with my post. Carry on people, after I release my first chapter I would love the feedback.

Prologue

Awakening

Flashing lights and noise that was unbearable were his first memories since regaining his conciousness. He couldn’t see nor could he move.

He tried calling for help, but his efforts were in vain. He was holding his ears, trying to protect them from the noise. It was like a jukebox was placed inside his head and it was booming on full volume. It didn’t sound like music either, more like a metal grinding on metal, bending steel and undistinguishable cracking sounds. There were other noises, he could’ve swore one of them sounded like a man speaking. Before he could make out what was said there was a loud bang. It was sound a kin to that of a large gong. It completely veiled other noise beneath it. After the vibrations of the gong were over he finally noticed that the other noises had finally gone silent. It was finally quiet.

His eyes saw lights. They came in multitude of different colours, and it seemed like they were racing. Getting closer and closer and spinning around him when they finally reached him. These light combined with the unspeakable noise he heard made him feel lightheaded and sick, no… that’s not right. He may have been lightheaded from the beginning.

Did I hit my head? Was a first thing that came to his mind as he tried to touch his head but he didn’t seem to feel anything out of the ordinary. There was no blood at least. It took a while but lights in his eyes were getting dimmer and dimmer as well. Was I having a shock or a seizure? And was it finally getting better?

”Anyone there?”

He tried calling for help. He could finally hear his own voice, at least he had that. He tried calling a few more times but to his dismay he didn’t get an answer.

”Shit…am I really alone here…?”

”Wait, exactly where is here? Where am I?”

Questions started to swirl in his head. How did he get here, why wasen’t anyone anwering him and most importantly:

”Who am I exactly?”

Then he finally opened his eyes…
''Whatever we choose to do with our lives is meaningless in the end. It takes only time for us to be forgotten, and everyone will be forgotten in the end. Some only leave an impression and loud noise as they go. But even the noise will fade and eerie silence will remain. It takes only 10000, maybe 20000 years and no one will remember WW2, it would be as it never were. It does indeed make our lives insignificant. Even memories of genocides will fade, making our own lifes completely meaningless. In the end, it doesn't matter what you do, when you do or how you did it. You will be forgotten.'' - Morbidden 2015.
Morbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 23:55   Link #3
IhazID

ay lmaoooo
IhazID is offline   Reply With Quote