AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 02:05   Link #341
Kaoru Chujo
Uchida Maaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Mizuki Nana's the blue-haired Tsubasa. Kanade (Takayama Minami) is the one who died...
In that case, I'll say I liked Nana's work here, as I have in her last couple of roles. Quick look from a Chinese hotel room not enough, I guess, lol.

Definitely agree this is not the same kind of show as MadoMagi. Similarities just on the surface, at least so far.
Uchida Maaya 内田真礼 2010 (3 roles). 2011 (7 roles) Mari (Yuruyuri), Alluka Zoldyk (HxH). 2012 (19 roles) Izumi (Space Pirates), Sanka Rea, Aoi (Akibaranger),Yuu (NakaImo), Rikka (Chuunibyou); 2013 (17) Mii (Ai Mai Mii), Mao (GJ Club), Rei (Vividred), Wakana (Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live), Hajime (Gatchaman), Koganuma (Outbreak Co.). 2014 (26) Futaba (Aoha Ride), Hiyori (Noragami), Sharo (Did You Order Rabbit?), Haruka (Rail Wars). 2015 (15) Ranko (Idolm@ster Cinderella), Haruka (World Break), Ririruka Ahde (Dungeon), Miyabi (Yamada-kun Witches).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime schedule - previews
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 02:49   Link #342
Dawnstorm

@Madoka Magica: Well, I wouldn't be surprised if noise is what remains when the music dies...

I am sort of curious where this show goes. I'm also wondering if death means we won't see that character again. Two possibilities: (a) death by noise is not what it seems, (b) non-linear story telling.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:25   Link #343
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
@Madoka Magica: Well, I wouldn't be surprised if noise is what remains when the music dies...

I am sort of curious where this show goes. I'm also wondering if death means we won't see that character again. Two possibilities: (a) death by noise is not what it seems, (b) non-linear story telling.
I don't get part (a).

I wonder if that opening scene of episode 1 will be shown in the middle part of the series...plus how many cours are there?
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 10:20   Link #344
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
When promoting the show, were there indications that it's going to be fabulous (as in how Star Driver was)

Anyway, it is pretty bad (art, animation, music, plot, characters, concept), yet put all them together ends up being really funny to watch
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 10:44   Link #345
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Okey watching episode 1 I was promised this...

TTGL Mahou Shoujo? LOL, count me in!

Epsiode 2. WTF happend to BERSERKER MODE!?
Old 2012-01-16, 10:54   Link #346
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

^That was pretty much everyone's response, to some extent or another.
Old 2012-01-16, 11:03   Link #347
sirn
レス乞食

I didn't expected to fall in love with this series, but after 2 episodes, here I am...

Since there's no manga thread, I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but from what I've read from the first chapter…

Spoiler for not really a spoilers, just in case:
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:06   Link #348
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
^That was pretty much everyone's response, to some extent or another.
Not me. It went exactly as I expected.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:15   Link #349
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Glad I'm not the only person that been seeing Nanoha connections. Anyway I think he let himself in
The way so far i've seen the show is more or less like this:

Nanoha meets Madoka, meets Vocaloid: THE ANIMATION!

And is surprisingly good xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
TTGL Mahou Shoujo? LOL, count me in!

Epsiode 2. WTF happend to BERSERKER MODE!?
I also enjoyed the over the top action but don't worry, once Hibiki learns to use her powers probably we're gonna see more Giga Spear Breakers from her just like Kanade.

Talking about Kanade i already love her character even if shortlived because she fall like a true hero should do, dying fighting on the battlefield while saying some cool lines and kikcking as much butt as possible xD! She leaves a sufficiently strong impact on me and the characters to consider her a solid character on the show. Also her short moments with Tsubasa were well depicted.

Aaaand talking about Tsubasa i really want to see what will happen to her. She goes form shy girl to stoic and rude attitude because of Kanade's death and closed her heart to accept Hibiki as her partner. We already know Hibiki is gonna die and i'm pretty sure that only will happen once Tsubasa started to open to her. Again, poor Tsubasa ToT.

...5 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:30   Link #350
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Agreed. I wasn't expecting the berserk form to stay like that ether. It was just an exaggerated first-time transformation, often seen in anime. Maybe later.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:38   Link #351
sirn
レス乞食

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
It was just an exaggerated first-time transformation, often seen in anime. Maybe later.
Am I the only one who think that's some kind of foreshadowing?

That aside, newspaper in episode 1 mentioned "rescued girl disappearing", I wonder if that's referring to the white-haired girl in the OP? (Kurisu?)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 13:04   Link #352
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Agreed. I wasn't expecting the berserk form to stay like that ether. It was just an exaggerated first-time transformation, often seen in anime. Maybe later.
To be fair I kind of expected at least a short berserker moment. They could have just had the crazy power awakening moment and ended with her looking rational if they didn't intend to go berserk just yet. Seems like they were just teasing for little reason.

But anyways things have gotten pretty interesting. Have to say Hibiki in some ways gives me a Shirou (FSN) kind of feel. After what happens she's been unable to turn away from anyone in need and doesn't think twice about putting herself in danger if it means saving someone. Coming so close to death in that concert and being saved has really affected her.

In terms of Hibiki's 'death' kind of seems too predictable now. Someone that will just keep trying to save people until it literally destroys her. Well could just be about the journey of getting there or maybe there will be some kind of deception involved with this. Either way on the safe side will try to not care too much about Hibiki.
Old 2012-01-16, 14:09   Link #353
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I don't get part (a).
Nor do I, really. I meant that literally. People might not "die" in a way we can imagine. That is, maybe "noise" is some sort of attempt to communicate from the other side of the sonic divide, and death would be... silence? Makes no more sense, does it?
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:42   Link #354
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

On Nanoha comparisons: Hibiki's fighting style is similar to Kaiserform Vivio from the Vivid manga. At this point I was expecting Shinbo in the directing lineup somewhere, hiding behind a flimsy disguise like Urobutcher did in a certain magical girl series.
Old 2012-01-16, 18:55   Link #355
hyl
reading #hikaributts

i don't think hibiki will be using spears yet, even if her symphogear is called gungnir.
Because i think she only has little fragments inside of her, not the whole thing like Tsubasa had.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 19:22   Link #356
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Am I the only one who think that's some kind of foreshadowing?
Could be. If her loved ones are threatened or something, she could get a main character's plot power for a brief moment in a form of what berserk form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Either way on the safe side will try to not care too much about Hibiki.
I'm already not caring, but I am worried about Tsubasa though. Her life is hanging on a very thin line. Well, pretty much every character in this show in fact.
Old 2012-01-16, 19:30   Link #357
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I meant what I said I little less literally than it might've sounded. XD I know not everyone felt that way.

Quote:
To be fair I kind of expected at least a short berserker moment. They could have just had the crazy power awakening moment and ended with her looking rational if they didn't intend to go berserk just yet. Seems like they were just teasing for little reason.
Yeah, I kinda wish they did something along those lines, too. But hey, things can always be worse.
Old 2012-01-16, 23:44   Link #358
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

But anyways things have gotten pretty interesting. Have to say Hibiki in some ways gives me a Shirou (FSN) kind of feel. After what happens she's been unable to turn away from anyone in need and doesn't think twice about putting herself in danger if it means saving someone. Coming so close to death in that concert and being saved has really affected her. .
I think she's just kind of moegar. What I mean by that is she emphasizes all the aspects of the typical shonen hero type character while also happening to be a really profoundly ditzy schoolgirl. Kind of just reminds me of Noriko from Gunbuster to be honest or many a super robot show heroine.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:48   Link #359
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^ moe-gar
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 02:33   Link #360
Kagayaki

^ The 3rd google result for moegar is http://animehistory.wordpress.com/20...t-to-prove-it/, but unfortunately the explanation video there is down. What did it used to be, Kaioshin?

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy