AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2011-10-12, 08:08   Link #41
haegar
mangaviking

yeah I am aware of that Mr. Shady - what makes me curious is that somebody somewhere else mentioned that part was supposedly sloppily translated. So now I wanna know 1) was it weird translation and 2) if it was: WHAT does Edo-Madara comment about the technique he got rezzed with??? Kinda important detail imho - I still haven't found out yet though, sry.

edit: @ Milan, yeah, valid point, I know. But so far that is an assumption only (if a likely one) ...it would help to know the precise translation here if it indeed was botched -> that is to say if Madara sez "Nooo, shoots, you edoed me, you did it WRONG!!!" that would be interesting info which for one would substanciate the Tobi theory you propose...basically I agree with ya, all I am saying is we cannot be sure about Tobi "completely" just yet...
Old 2011-10-12, 08:17   Link #42
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Well here is the chapter in Japanese (don't even know if it's the whole chapter because I don't understand a word ) If someone can read it, that would be nice
Spoiler for :
Old 2011-10-12, 08:20   Link #43
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
yeah I am aware of that Mr. Shady - what makes me curious is that somebody somewhere else mentioned that part was supposedly sloppily translated. So now I wanna know 1) was it weird translation and 2) if it was: WHAT does Edo-Madara comment about the technique he got rezzed with??? Kinda important detail imho - I still haven't found out yet though, sry.

edit: @ Milan, yeah, valid point, I know. But so far that is an assumption only (if a likely one) ...it would help to know the precise translation here if it indeed was botched -> that is to say if Madara sez "Nooo, shoots, you edoed me, you did it WRONG!!!" that would be interesting info which for one would substanciate the Tobi theory you propose...basically I agree with ya, all I am saying is we cannot be sure about Tobi "completely" just yet...
Yeah oke I get what your getting at....
I hope more about this is revealed next chapter though.
Till that time we just have to keep an eye out for possible re translations.
It's the problem with fan translations.... The same happened with hxh last week it now has 2different chapter translation.
The most annoying part is that you don't know which is the correct one.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:25   Link #44
haegar
mangaviking

Well surely somebody will clarify this over the course of the day
THough of course it might turn out there was but a slight mistranslation and even with the correction we are as stupefied as we are now

btw I doubt next week will hold all the answers. Experience dictates revelations will trickle in slowly after such a huge surprise chap as this weeks...
Old 2011-10-12, 08:29   Link #45
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
The last pages of the chapter ... O_o
OH ... MY ... GOD !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:37   Link #46
farhan

wow its madara...who is tobi???

so itachi is wrong???

hey...in 2nd page madara mentioned "nagato"...

how did he know someone not from his era???
farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:39   Link #47
The Small One

Makes me wonder: Didn't Itachi place an Amaterasu in Sasuke's eyes, which triggered when he saw Madaras eyes? So Tobi should at least have the real eyes of Madara...
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:42   Link #48
kakakka

Yeah, look like this Madara have the right Sharigan eye (this chapter) and the Masked one have the left Sharingan eye.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:42   Link #49
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Makes me wonder: Didn't Itachi place an Amaterasu in Sasuke's eyes, which triggered when he saw Madaras eyes? So Tobi should at least have the real eyes of Madara...
Zombie Itachi also had sharingan eyes despite Sasuke taking them so yeah Tobi can still have Madara's eyes. But doesn't necessarily have to be Madara's eyes that Itachi trigged the Amaterasu on. He might have thought it was Madara's eyes but he probably set it to "whatever eye Tobi has".
Old 2011-10-12, 08:44   Link #50
haegar
mangaviking

I still do not have a proper translation but I know do know for sure now that one of the spoiler translators that had the raw did label that panel by Madara on p3 as "This isn't Rinne Tensei ...???!" ... so there definetely is some mess up there and it seems indeed highly likely he did want to return via Rinne - what that entails for the progress of his plans remains to be seen.

In any case there is a chance Kabuto just pulled of the most epic trolling act he ever commited -possibly even without knowing it
Old 2011-10-12, 08:45   Link #51
kakakka

I have to wonder who have the control over this Madara. Is it Kabuto or Muu?

EDIT: Or Still Kabuto. He could just command Muu to command over Madara.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:49   Link #52
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

So unsurprisingly the 6th coffin contained Madara, it was the only character that made sense afterall.
The last piece of information needing to be explained now is when did he die. Whether the Tobis (the one with long hair Itachi and Kisame met and the current one) were both Madara's avatars all along for decades or if the one with long hair was the old dying Madara who created this clone a couple of decades ago to continue his will and be resurrected eventually all according to plan.
Considering this one knew of Nagato it's probably the 2nd option but he looks a bit young if that's the case.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:51   Link #53
haegar
mangaviking

@ kakakka That is prly how it currently is but I suspect it will not take long before Madara breaks free of the control - question is what does this mean for his plan to "become one again" - if there was such a thing in store for him and Tobi...
Old 2011-10-12, 08:51   Link #54
Icer

I still think its more likely Tobi has been Madara's younger brother this whole time.
I think thats more likely than a soul split/Tobito/zetsu shell
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 09:10   Link #55
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
It could still be Madara behind the mask. probably yin or yang part of him. That would explain how he knew about Nagato and expected to be resurrected by him.
i agree with this. i still think tobi is madara, in essence at least. or maybe he's a clone. the zetsus must have been created for this reason. itachi called tobi a shell of madara's former shell, then perhaps he has madara's genes, thoughts and memories. but he's not whole because he couldn't be fully revived without nagato's rinnegan. maybe madara had planned this all along. when he fought hashirama, he purposely stole his dna, found a way to implant them into his zetsus and used it to prolong his life long enough to see nagato born. then he died, left his will to his clone and waited for the time tobi could resurrect him. just a theory.
Old 2011-10-12, 09:17   Link #56
yakumo-chan

Obito = Tobi is still possible though...

remember, Obito actually acts like Naruto when he was a kid.

And Itachi did say to Naruto that he will become like Tobi in the future if he keeps being arrogant and selfish
Old 2011-10-12, 09:24   Link #57
haegar
mangaviking

so I finally got some sorta translation on that:

Quote:
…穢土転生だと…!? 輪廻転生ではないのか…!?
English trans: ...The Edo Tensei...!? Is this not the Rinne Tensei...!?
(alternate: ...Did you say the Edo Tensei...!? So this isn't the Rinne Tensei...!?)
(whichever sounds better)

Isn't that the technique known as a complete atrocity against the entire flow of life and death in the universe...!!?
Japanese trans: それはこの世の全ての生と死の流れを???すると言われている術ではないか・・・!!?
I dunno what atrocity is in Japanese... The online translators ain't helping either. Blah.
the second part is a retranslation eng -> jap of the line most of us probably read, which apparently doesn't quite fit..
Old 2011-10-12, 09:43   Link #58
yakumo-chan

I have this theory that the first Hokage is the real bad guy here, And Uchiha Madara is a good guy,

the way he said edo tensei an atrocity to the flow of life and death makes him a good guy for some reason,,

just a theory!!

cant wait for the next chapter next week!!!
Old 2011-10-12, 09:46   Link #59
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

I trust Kishi knows just how much controversy this trolling over us with 'Madara' is going to spark. >__>

When all's said and done, I still think Tobi has some direct connection to Madara. Tobi only ever showing his right eye as having the Sharingan and Madara only ever showing his left is too much of a coincidence not to have some deeper meaning.

-Sigh- This whole matter would be a lot less confusing if we had ever seen Tobi using his Mangekyo and checked if it's identical to Madara's. But he didn't, not even when he unleashed the Nine-Tails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan
I have this theory that the first Hokage is the real bad guy here, And Uchiha Madara is a good guy,
Jun Mochizuki-level trolling where good guys and bad guys are flipped on their heads, huh? Interesting idea, but it doesn't quite fly. Hashirama was already revived once by Orochimaru way back and his soul was sealed by the Third. Seriously hard to believe he's behind this without some serious trolling and a hell of an explanation.

Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 2011-10-12 at 10:48.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 09:55   Link #60
Lunarskylar

here's the one problem though...
edo tensei rezzes zombies when they die, which is why chiyo grandma is still old

madara looks like all the incantations of him that we've seen so far, which was during his youth... so eve if he did survive teh VotE battle, he didn't live long enough to age

so how kishimoto explains his knowledge of nagato will be interesting
conspiracyyy

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion