AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-30, 20:25   Link #2401
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
As with any source material I wouldn't cling to it too much. I my experience the longer a series goes the more it will divert from the source and sometimes abandoning it completely at some point. If my perception doesn't fool me this manga has already gone from the "Genji here, Genji there" of the first 30 chapters to rare mentions of the Genji Monogatari lately.
Some patterns exist. The order of girls are different. As a matter of fact, I found 10 different Genji story with the same girls in different encounters. Even though there are 3 females introduce, their personalities has heavy resemblance to their Genji counterparts.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 22:24   Link #2402
F34R

If the 'like' she said meant friendzoning him them I would find it pretty inconsistent with her behavior. For instance back in c74 she said, "I was really happy about the confession and the kiss", followed by "I wonder why I wasn't against your kiss". Fast forward to c80, (after our favorite cockblockee gets, well cockblocked) she says "I just can't keep calm thinking of that amazing day", again followed by "Because of me he had perverted thought", "Weird, I'm happy". So either she is genuinely in love with Minamoto or she has a hidden slut personality who enjoys being touched by anyone (or something in between, both sides of the extreme may not exactly be appropriate).

On a side note, I hope that for the next girl we get something other than "Introduction->Tension->Foreplay->Cockblock - repeat until either we get another cockblock or gets cockunblocked.
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 22:29   Link #2403
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
If the 'like' she said meant friendzoning him them I would find it pretty inconsistent with her behavior. For instance back in c74 she said, "I was really happy about the confession and the kiss", followed by "I wonder why I wasn't against your kiss". Fast forward to c80, (after our favorite cockblockee gets, well cockblocked) she says "I just can't keep calm thinking of that amazing day", again followed by "Because of me he had perverted thought", "Weird, I'm happy". So either she is genuinely in love with Minamoto or she has a hidden slut personality who enjoys being touched by anyone (or something in between, both sides of the extreme may not exactly be appropriate).
Hanada is pretty inconsistent which is why she is Hanachirusato from Genji. Hanachirusato met with Genj in chapter 11. She bounces around in the tale, appearing in chapter 14, 21, 25, and 41. She slept with Genji a numbered of times, it was only later in the Novel when she decided to live with Genji. Its a close resemblance between the two.

Which is why I said its okay for Hanada to be not conquered immediately. Genji couldn't do it even with his wealth, nobility, charms, and reputation. Do we really expect Terumi, who only in a month ago, was scared of women to accomplished that feat which probably the most renown playboy of Japan couldn;t even do? Hanada is supposed to be conquered later in the story, if Hanada is truly the representative of Hanachirusato. If she was conquered now, how would the story progress? There are 9 more females left to introduced.
Old 2013-08-31, 00:30   Link #2404
F34R

Of course that is under the basis that the author follows The Tale of Genji that extensively. Whether or not they become a couple, either is fine. I could see Minamoto with Handa while playing along with Kaoruko's research or moving on to the next target.

However at the very least I would at least like to see Handa reciprocate his feelings (provided Minamoto has any other than lust), as I said earlier there's just too many signs. They don't have to be a couple, Handa can just say make up an excuse of "wanting to sort out her feelings" first, and Minamoto can go Genji on the remaning targets while waiting. All in all I just want proper closure in this story arc without having some sudden 180 degree turns.

Btw iirc Kaoruko mentioned 14 women, we have The Cousin, The Carnivore, and The Wifu, (Slut doesn't count) so don't we have 11 remaining? If it's taking about 80 Chapters just introducing (since technically none have been conquered, so I expect a 'conquering' segment for each woman) for 3 girls (minus the Slut), I can't begin to imagine to what extent the author plans on taking the story.
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 08:23   Link #2405
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well it's been 91 chapters but honestly it would have been more like 45 if the chapters were the normal 18-19 pages.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 09:34   Link #2406
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Of course that is under the basis that the author follows The Tale of Genji that extensively. Whether or not they become a couple, either is fine. I could see Minamoto with Handa while playing along with Kaoruko's research or moving on to the next target.

However at the very least I would at least like to see Handa reciprocate his feelings (provided Minamoto has any other than lust), as I said earlier there's just too many signs. They don't have to be a couple, Handa can just say make up an excuse of "wanting to sort out her feelings" first, and Minamoto can go Genji on the remaning targets while waiting. All in all I just want proper closure in this story arc without having some sudden 180 degree turns.

Btw iirc Kaoruko mentioned 14 women, we have The Cousin, The Carnivore, and The Wifu, (Slut doesn't count) so don't we have 11 remaining? If it's taking about 80 Chapters just introducing (since technically none have been conquered, so I expect a 'conquering' segment for each woman) for 3 girls (minus the Slut), I can't begin to imagine to what extent the author plans on taking the story.
Sorry about that it is 11, it was 12:00 in the morning then and I didn't sleep the night before. The thing about Hanada is that there isn't suppose to be any closure in her arc. Hanada, like Hanachirusato, couldn't sort out her feelings. Much due to Genji playing around with many females. If Hanada say she don't know what she feels, it would be good to leave it at that. Hanachirusato didn't know her feelings until Genji got serious about another female midway in the Genji story, think it was chapter 25.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-08-31 at 09:47.
Old 2013-09-03, 10:57   Link #2407
JAGI_X

ok guys just saw the raw chap 92 and i don't know what the Aunt is saying to Terumi
Old 2013-09-06, 22:02   Link #2408
zoolanderbr

hi everybody i have one question.

He loses his virginity with aoi?
zoolanderbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 22:08   Link #2409
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolanderbr View Post
hi everybody i have one question.

He loses his virginity with aoi?
Depends on which definition. I consider the definition of popping your cherry is that you continue until climax so in my opinion no. The general definition is that once you inserted your manhood inside a woman's heaven then yes he did lose his virginity.
Old 2013-09-07, 09:11   Link #2410
ellifeedn
Thinker

Looks like he won't be hooking up with one girl.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 10:13   Link #2411
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Looks like I was spot on, Terumi only felt lust for Hanada. Hanada was indifferent in the situation. Hanada mirrors Hanachirusato in almost everything aside from the giant breasts complex.
Old 2013-09-07, 10:33   Link #2412
Kirito
Tease to Please!♥

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Makes sense since his "concept" of love is really conflicted due to his inexperience with this emotion. Despite the feelings of lust he feels, he still genuinely cares for her considering its his first real "relationship" with a girl, who in turn is the same age and had similar experiences.

Him saying I love you was expected, but I wonder in what pretext does he mean it by. Considering Chisato, I doubt she'll return his feeling simply because she's the type to not favor anyone over others, and his too kind spirited and naive in general.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:07   Link #2413
JAGI_X

Hmmm....OK i think the Aunt was right when she ask him if he really loves Hanada but now he quickly confess to her and what happen next chap will he screw up or not
Old 2013-09-07, 12:48   Link #2414
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Terumi is still inexperience. This is the first time that he actually interact with girls, so no doubt that he is unable to know his feelings. I felt that Kaoruko jumped the gun when decided for him to go after girls, she should have him developed more. Though if it was like that, doubt anyone would read the manga.
Old 2013-09-11, 06:10   Link #2415
Kirihara_R

Spoiler for 93….:
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 01:53   Link #2416
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm not surprise Hanada just accepted that she was a subject to the experiment.
Old 2013-09-13, 03:15   Link #2417
JAGI_X

Ok the chap is out but damn what surprise and what is going to happen in the next chap can't wait
Old 2013-09-13, 05:00   Link #2418
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok that was.....unexpected.
Old 2013-09-13, 05:12   Link #2419
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Expected outcome. Well, the author had to do something to have him move to other girls for the plot's sake I suppose even though it was still executed quite clumsy and barely believable.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 11:42   Link #2420
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Expected outcome. Well, the author had to do something to have him move to other girls for the plot's sake I suppose even though it was still executed quite clumsy and barely believable.
Lets look at the bright side, Hanada knew her part in this. So there isn't anything like abandonment or anything. Of course the series wouldn't end just like that. There are 11 girls, even the hardest girl to conquer in the story of Genji still haven't been introduce which is Utsusemi. P.S.: Randrak you know what Genji did to get her

At least, now there is another training session for Minamoto. He will improve before he meets the next girl.

Tags
harem, seinen, smut