AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 05:28   Link #541
casval cehack

From the gunpla, the Age-3 would be headless without the Core Fighter. So it has a VERY important purpose after all (aside from functioning as an escape pod).
Old 2012-04-03, 05:37   Link #542
PzIVf3

Hmmm a new version Impulse. I wonder if that core fighter has defensive armaments or protective shield? It will be vulnerable when docking in properly while leaving yourself at open to the enemy naked eye.

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-04-03 at 05:59.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 06:11   Link #543
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Hmmm a new version Impulse. I wonder if that core fighter has defensive armaments or protective shield? It will be vulnerable when docking in properly while leaving yourself at open to the enemy naked eye.
It could just rely on pure speed with those big MS class thrusters. Besides those ZZ shoulder fins could very well shield it from enemy fire while docking.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:24   Link #544
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Or they could just simply operate in a group, like how they've done Wear swaps so far. Have an MS team keep the enemy busy while docking. And I doubt that Core Fighter docking will take longer than Wear swaps.

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 15:48   Link #545
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I'm beginning to question the whole purpose of the Core Fighter if it just attaches and disataches the head, seems pointless to me so far at first glance. Unless the cockpit (and/or AGE System Core) is actually located there in the head like the current Vagan suits.
Old 2012-04-04, 15:59   Link #546
kakakka

The Age System is obviously there too. The chest part were the "A" goes is there with the Core.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 16:00   Link #547
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's probably in the chest, since the rest of the body looks hollow for it. That said, Core Fighter encompasses the chest, head, and antennae, which are the main components for the AGE System (AGE-1 Flat implies that the A-symbol viewplates are specialized sensors for it). As the Vagan are constantly gunning to destroy the Gundam and its AGE System to prevent more development of Federation weaponry, it makes sense for them to make a mode to save the system from danger if everything goes south.
Old 2012-04-04, 16:08   Link #548
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's probably in the chest, since the rest of the body looks hollow for it. That said, Core Fighter encompasses the chest, head, and antennae, which are the main components for the AGE System (AGE-1 Flat implies that the A-symbol viewplates are specialized sensors for it). As the Vagan are constantly gunning to destroy the Gundam and its AGE System to prevent more development of Federation weaponry, it makes sense for them to make a mode to save the system from danger if everything goes south.
As long as it doesnt screw up like Celestial Being's GN Drive-saving Core Fighter prototype, it should be fine.
Old 2012-04-04, 18:58   Link #549
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Personally I think making an escape use Core Fighter for a Gundam is pointless. It is not like we will see a Gundam destroyed and the pilot using the Core Fighter, except that it is the final episode.

It would make more sense if the Core fighter consists of AGE-3's upper body sans arms. It would make Wear swapping much more feasible
Old 2012-04-04, 19:28   Link #550
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Personally I think making an escape use Core Fighter for a Gundam is pointless. It is not like we will see a Gundam destroyed and the pilot using the Core Fighter, except that it is the final episode.

It would make more sense if the Core fighter consists of AGE-3's upper body sans arms. It would make Wear swapping much more feasible
The Gundam could just be knocked-out not downright destroyed, necessitating the use of the fighter for escape (back to Diva or another Wear).

The core fighter arguably consists of the head AND the top part of the upper body, including the previously mentioned "A" FLIR like sensors.
Old 2012-04-04, 19:37   Link #551
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

That, or if the other 2 wears feature different torsos, sans the head and AGE core.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 01:25   Link #552
PzIVf3

Its bother me which one is the main cockpit? Head core fighter or G-ceptor fighter?
Old 2012-04-05, 02:08   Link #553
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Its bother me which one is the main cockpit? Head core fighter or G-ceptor fighter?
Most likely the smaller corefighter. As usual with the Gundam series.
GN0010 Nosferatu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 04:56   Link #554
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Saw this at mechatalk, someone took notice of a new MS on the Federation side. Seems to be an Adele Cannon.

http://i.imgur.com/u06nY.jpg
Old 2012-04-08, 05:02   Link #555
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Saw this at mechatalk, someone took notice of a new MS on the Federation side. Seems to be an Adele cannon.

Nice find. Age-1 FLAT could use that weapon attachment in awesome ways.
Old 2012-04-08, 09:35   Link #556
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Saw this at mechatalk, someone took notice of a new MS on the Federation side. Seems to be an Adele Cannon.

Reminds me of AGE-3's Seravee-ish variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Nice find. Age-1 FLAT could use that weapon attachment in awesome ways.
Speaking of which, the AGE-1 featured a new red booster backpack in the latest episode. Anyone has pictures of it?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 09:39   Link #557
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Asemu chopping up Desil's MS into bits AND firing beams at the remaining debris to burn it into star dust has to be the most brutal finishing move I've seen in Gundam for a long time.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 10:25   Link #558
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

Speaking of which, the AGE-1 featured a new red booster backpack in the latest episode. Anyone has pictures of it?
Possible counter measure for the Shield fortress
Spoiler for Age-1 special booster pack:

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-04-08 at 10:36.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:28   Link #559
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Reminds me of AGE-3's Seravee-ish variant.

Why is it that new grunt variations are always seen in the background, all far away? That's bullshit!

I also don't see the purpose of the flight pack for the AGE-1. Isn't the Spallow G-Wear supposed to be for that?
Old 2012-04-08, 22:45   Link #560
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Why is it that new grunt variations are always seen in the background, all far away? That's bullshit!

I also don't see the purpose of the flight pack for the AGE-1. Isn't the Spallow G-Wear supposed to be for that?
Long distance flight or extra thrusters for speed. Spallow has an extremely limited scope because its only armed with a melee blade and the Needleguns has weak attack power.