AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-18, 01:16   Link #641
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I'm pretty sure you do, that why I said here. Nice to see you again though, its been awhile.
It really has.

Quote:
Unless of course its tailored to counteract beam weapons in general, making it more of an anti beam weapon than anything. This would put what Nos said earlier in a beam particle context rather than just DODS beam particles I guess. In this way, the creation of the EM Armor was mainly as a higher form of defence because traditional Vagan physical armor won't do it as good anymore.
If it really was tailored to counteract beam weapons in general then it makes you wonder why the EM armor isn't doing it's job in Gen 2. Granted there is a glass ceiling that basically limits the effectiveness of any technology, but after 20 years you'd think the Vagan would have come up with a way to counteract the DODS Rifles used by basic Genoace 2s. I personally like to think of EM Armor like GN Composite Armor: It's practically invincible against conventional weapons, but the moment you start using tech on that level it becomes not nearly as effective. That was where dedicated external GN Fields came in a lot of the time. The Vagan have yet to create something like that.

Quote:
Man, its been awhile since we had these type of discussions. We do it a lot in the 00 days.
It brings back a lot of good memories.
Old 2012-04-18, 01:23   Link #642
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
If it really was tailored to counteract beam weapons in general then it makes you wonder why the EM armor isn't doing it's job in Gen 2. Granted there is a glass ceiling that basically limits the effectiveness of any technology, but after 20 years you'd think the Vagan would have come up with a way to counteract the DODS Rifles used by basic Genoace 2s. I personally like to think of EM Armor like GN Composite Armor: It's practically invincible against conventional weapons, but the moment you start using tech on that level it becomes not nearly as effective. That was where dedicated external GN Fields came in a lot of the time. The Vagan have yet to create something like that.
It's possible that whenever the Vagan made a mode to their EM armor, the Federation probably did the same with the DODS weapons. Like tick-tack-toe.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 01:51   Link #643
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It's possible that whenever the Vagan made a mode to their EM armor, the Federation probably did the same with the DODS weapons. Like tick-tack-toe.
Its possible but in general they have been mostly effective so far. That sort of stuff likely happens anyways, where both sides continue to improve their stuff over time.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:36   Link #644
PzIVf3

I've been wondering all the time is the beam shield, deflector shield, plasma shield, i-field works on atmosphere entry?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 05:27   Link #645
casval cehack

Quote:
I don't have any screen caps, but I do know where to pick examples. In the first episode of the second generation for instance, the Dorados were able to shrug off the Genoace IIs beams. But there are other scenes where we've seen Max and Arisa scoring kills in their Adele's. Same goes with the G-Bouncer.
There was a quick shield effect similar to the Khronos in that scene, so probably the same protection technology. It also required some kind of arm movement (blocking) to initiate; if the vegan MS failed to do it, the DODS round works.

@PzIVf3 - It would require those particles somehow prevent aerodynamic heating. I remember in UC some MS relies on balutte for reentry. Any particular scene your scenario worked?
Old 2012-04-18, 16:59   Link #646
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
There was a quick shield effect similar to the Khronos in that scene, so probably the same protection technology. It also required some kind of arm movement (blocking) to initiate; if the vegan MS failed to do it, the DODS round works.
This is basically the point I'm getting at. Electromagnetic Armor to my knowledge refers specifically to this protection mechanism that uses this energy field, not the Vagan armor in general. It can has been seen to block DODS beams easily, at least in the times it has been potrayed anyways.

One example that I mentioned earlier was in Episode 25, the episode in which Woolf killed a female X-Rounder. She used her EM Armor to block one of his shots but not long after got shot (and killed) from a position in which she was unable to defend and her range of protection was small anyways. I can't recall in my head at the moment an example where we've seen the EM Armor not block DODS beams, although in theory some powerful shots like Hyper DODS should be able to defeat, say a Dorado's EM Armor; it being so small and tiny and all and possibly even stronger ones as well.

Standard Vagan armor though, pretty sure has been penetrated loads of times by all kinds of DODS weapons. If it wasn't the case, the Adeles and Genoace IIs have no fighting chance at all like in Gen I.
Old 2012-04-18, 17:11   Link #647
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Speaking of shields, I'm starting to think that the AGE-3 wrist beam saber storage things might be actual shields themselves.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d2otZLKcz3.../s1600/121.jpg
Old 2012-04-19, 00:26   Link #648
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Looks like the Sigmasis rifles are still going to use DODS tech, and the new red Vagan MS has a tail.

Old 2012-04-19, 01:45   Link #649
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
They're really holding off the pilot of that red ms
Old 2012-04-19, 01:54   Link #650
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I haven't written off the possibility of it being a grunt MS. The only true one-off machines we've seen had two horns; that machine only has one, like all the other mass-produced machines (Gafran, Zedas, Baqto, Dorado).
Old 2012-04-19, 14:02   Link #651
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

More images of the AGE-1 Gundead, Magna and Swordia wears (Game Only):

Despite the discrepancy in art quality on the second image, I think it's the official image, as it closely matches the art in earlier images.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-04-21 at 03:59.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 16:46   Link #652
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Speaking of shields, I'm starting to think that the AGE-3 wrist beam saber storage things might be actual shields themselves.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d2otZLKcz3.../s1600/121.jpg
I've always had that opinion when I saw it, they're perfectly placed to act like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
We still don't know whether it's a unique suit or a mass production at this point.
Old 2012-04-19, 18:40   Link #653
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
More images of the AGE-1 Gundead, Magna and Swordia wears (Game Only):

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-04-19 at 20:41.
Old 2012-04-19, 20:13   Link #654
kakakka

I think the blue one looks like Knight Gundam. I am half-expecting it comes with a cape in its backpack
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 20:41   Link #655
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

How come there isn't a lineart for the AGE-1 with the lance?
Old 2012-04-20, 10:09   Link #656
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Could be part of the 3rd chapter's plot; a secret like Decil in Zedas. Based on the gunpla schedule, I think the Giraga is a special unit (a spear/heatrod vs. Age-3's cannons?) and the Danajin will be the more numerous one.
Old 2012-04-20, 20:21   Link #657
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The wear with sword and shield is pretty good, I love close combat units

I really hope there will be more AGE 2 Wears in the game
Old 2012-04-21, 03:47   Link #658
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Looks like the Sigmasis rifles are still going to use DODS tech, and the new red Vagan MS has a tail.
Yeah, not just the Sigmasis Cannons but the Sigmasis Rifle too.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:42   Link #659
bio9205
Reborn

By the way - if Kio's piloting the Core Fighter, who's piloting the G-Ceptor? Is it remotely controlled? (For the switching of wears, I assume.) Or does someone else pilot the G-Ceptor? (Read somewhere that Flit would be piloting part of the AGE-3 as well, not sure if it's credible.)
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 07:58   Link #660
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
By the way - if Kio's piloting the Core Fighter, who's piloting the G-Ceptor? Is it remotely controlled? (For the switching of wears, I assume.) Or does someone else pilot the G-Ceptor? (Read somewhere that Flit would be piloting part of the AGE-3 as well, not sure if it's credible.)
It was based on this translation of episode 29 summary.