AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 11:03   Link #261
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
No, but seriously, innocent Hanako is caught up in this when she probably has nothing to do with it. She has parents right? Are Players born a player or are they somehow made?
They're artificial beings created in a lab for some rich people sport who gained sentience and escaped. Like a fighting rooster or pit bull all of a sudden became aware of his situation (cock/dog fight to the death) and escaped. She lied about everything. Some unsuspecting family could have adopted her but she's not a natural human or for that matter human. This title is similar to Guyver.

Wasn't it strange that no one is looking for her? No missing children posters? She's sporting braces. Her family did care about her if she did have one. Definitely something was up with her.

Last edited by orion; 2012-06-22 at 11:18.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 19:09   Link #262
RikaNipah
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to RikaNipah
Spoiler for Ep12:
RikaNipah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 20:18   Link #263
sayde

I knew something was bound to happen to mess up the HanakoxJin Pairing. But I didn't see this coming. I simply thought she'd just get killed off quickly, perhaps while trying to protect Jin. Instead it now seems more likely that she'll get killed off by Jin or Kouga. Pretty sad turn of events.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 16:45   Link #264
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen

Spoiler for Ep 13 - FINAL:
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 11:44   Link #265
ookamigirl

Jin took Hanako's death really badly.
Kouga & his Alphas were practically helpless against Haitani.
I'm glad Jin managed to get a grip and put an end to that madman.
Childhood friendship broken...
I was expecting Jin to go nuts, but Kouga outdid himself with his twisted sense of justice.
Jin's new transformation was just amazing.
Looks like the city has got 2 heroes now.
Good final episode.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 13:25   Link #266
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Hanakoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;_; nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hope manga end in a total different way from the anime (and from the RAW this seems the case)

Last edited by Evil_Sephiroth; 2012-06-26 at 14:35.
Evil_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 14:58   Link #267
MontyAI

Another great series has ended.
The pacing made it far from perfect but every week was fun.
Will definitely miss this unless I find a time to finish those 100+ chapters of the manga.
MontyAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 16:25   Link #268
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The fact that a quite popular manga like this got only one cour speaks, I think, to the widening gap between the manga and anime fan base. A series like this was never likely to succeed as an anime – it’s too violent and subtle for younger kids, and offer no moe or yuri for the modern otaku. Without toy or BD/DVD sales an anime simply isn’t going to make money, and there’s no “in” for Zetman in those markets. In manga the fanbase is still diverse enough (and production cheap enough) for a series like this to survive even in a mainstream publication, but the anime has become so niche-oriented and specialized that there’s simply no room any more for series without a commercial hook – certainly not for them to receive an extended run, at the very least. It’s a shame TMS only had one cour to tell the manga’s story but in retrospect, it’s surprising that it even received that. Under trying circumstances, I think they did a pretty good job.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 04:31   Link #269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nice final episode, no loose ends left and everything finally set to place. I was expecting at least one or two more characters to die, so this was a really good end in my opinion. Since this has now ended, I daresay it could have easily been spread out to 26 episodes or so...but I certainly don't regret watching this

10/10 from me, for having good animation and soundtracks (OP exempted but whatever), a solid plot, engaging characters with either a lot of development or a good role to play in the plot and for not falling into the ever so many hero anime cliches that you meet in pretty much every other title.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:04   Link #270
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
no loose ends left and everything finally set to place.
What about the peaceful co-existing kinda Players, the bartender dude, the Sweeper etc.? I understand they have some (different) purpose in the manga, but here they were left hanging in the air, so to speak...
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 09:16   Link #271
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
What about the peaceful co-existing kinda Players, the bartender dude, the Sweeper etc.? I understand they have some (different) purpose in the manga, but here they were left hanging in the air, so to speak...
Not to mention even Haitani is still alive (he shows up briefly after Jin kills those two players; I really don't see the point in keeping him alive by the way...). The ending is decent, but they definitely left a lot of plot threads hanging. I think the writing could have been a lot better. Their mistake was trying to stick to the manga for as long as they could even though they obviously didn't have the time to show everything nor conclude the story of the manga properly.

The closing narration was cheesy as well, in a good way.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:54   Link #272
Haak
F**k my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I got major Batman vibes.

I thought the ending was pretty good except for the egregious exclusion of the bartender and the sweeper. But I think it would've been a lot better if Jin was no longer capable of turning back to human.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:18   Link #273
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not to mention even Haitani is still alive (he shows up briefly after Jin kills those two players; I really don't see the point in keeping him alive by the way...). The ending is decent, but they definitely left a lot of plot threads hanging. I think the writing could have been a lot better. Their mistake was trying to stick to the manga for as long as they could even though they obviously didn't have the time to show everything nor conclude the story of the manga properly.

Perhaps as justification why Jin hasn't visited his mom and by extension Konoha. If Haitani tracks him to them, they are going to be in danger.

I got Batman vibes from the ending too.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:09   Link #274
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I got Batman vibes from the ending too.
Most that watched the recent batman movies will understand that quite well, and those few lines allowed me to end the show on a decent note. I suppose it could be worse.
Was kinda hoping to see Kouga's descent into madness over his 'justice' more though.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 14:54   Link #275
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ok, what the HELL did I just watch?

Did I just watch a lunatic kill his nutcase father and not even blink killing his mother in the process, then kill anything on sight including Hanako, really shoot his old friend, be allowed to live, gain fortune, fame and a girl, while the basically good guy got shafted?

Eh... What has the world come to, seriously...
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 15:01   Link #276
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
The way I see it, Haitani's ulterior goal was to have Jin become a player-killer, hopefully taking out the boss along the way, so that he can...iunno, take over EVOL?
Quote:
But I think it would've been a lot better if Jin was no longer capable of turning back to human.
As long as his ring is complete, it should be pretty awkward walking around the streets...random glow, monster appears, Jin transforms, Alphas comes to the rescue!
Old 2012-06-27, 15:16   Link #277
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I got major Batman vibes.
I'm pretty sure they were inspired by the Dark Knight to some extent when they came up with this ending. Even the music was sort of Batman-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Ok, what the HELL did I just watch?

Did I just watch a lunatic kill his nutcase father and not even blink killing his mother in the process, then kill anything on sight including Hanako, really shoot his old friend, be allowed to live, gain fortune, fame and a girl, while the basically good guy got shafted?

Eh... What has the world come to, seriously...
Yeah, I could hardly believe he managed to get away with killing with his parents. He even apparently recovered his sanity. The last two episodes had me thinking he was irredeemable now that he had crossed a line he shouldn't have... but nope.
Old 2012-06-27, 22:10   Link #278
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh this was just to fast it just skip so much such and so many holes but the finale episode was good

6/10 this would of been better if it was 26 to 50eps
Old 2012-06-28, 03:34   Link #279
FateAnomaly

2 things that surprised me.
Alphas gun actually shoot bullets (never see any spent cartridges or Alphas reloading it) and the cop is able to identify it.
Jin actually still dare to say he wanted to save everyone while keeping Hanako alive to kill people left and right. (Maybe nameless bystanders are not considered part of everyone)
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 08:06   Link #280
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Damn I admit i pray for charisma/Jin killing Alphas....

Kouga need to die......

Tags
action, seinen