AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-19, 17:28   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

World Customize Creator

Another medieval fantasy manga.

This one is a weird one. MC is a gamer that gets summoned to another world. The entity that summons him is looking for a Evil God of Calamity. When asked what power he wants in return the MC says he wants to be able to customize anything. So basically he has some sort of virtual window, like the ones you see in SAO, where he can customize anything. Kinda of a cheat but oh well.

It seems interesting but seems something lacking or something not quite right. It's classified as Shounen but the I feel like there is Shoujo here.
Old 2014-06-19, 17:32   Link #2
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
It seems interesting but seems something lacking or something not quite right. It's classified as Shounen but the I feel like there is Shoujo here.
Demographics aren't genres.

Anyway it seems interesting, I'd like to see more of what Yuusuke can do with his powers. I mean can he really not customize living things?
Old 2014-06-19, 17:44   Link #3
bakato

Yuusuke's a little too shounen-y. His attitude is too bright and his sense of justice is a bit strong for my taste.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 18:16   Link #4
Kerfirou

I feel this story will be more of a world building ones rather than the traditional shounen routes.

is it based of a novel?
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 03:38   Link #5
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfirou View Post
I feel this story will be more of a world building one rather than the traditional shounen routes.

is it based of a novel?
Yes. It is based off a series of light novels currently 5 long, but with enough web novel material remaining for 5 or 6 more volumes. The web novel is finished, but the parts equivalent to the first 5 volumes have been reduced to digests. It works out to roughly 2 parts per light novel.

(I've discovered there is a site which has online pdf versions of that site's various digests / web novels. This (724 page) pdf is the entirety of the story, albeit with the first 5 volumes only as digests, of course.)

Last edited by Brin A'sair; 2014-06-20 at 03:50.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 07:25   Link #6
bladestorm91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post
Yes. It is based off a series of light novels currently 5 long, but with enough web novel material remaining for 5 or 6 more volumes. The web novel is finished, but the parts equivalent to the first 5 volumes have been reduced to digests. It works out to roughly 2 parts per light novel.

(I've discovered there is a site which has online pdf versions of that site's various digests / web novels. This (724 page) pdf is the entirety of the story, albeit with the first 5 volumes only as digests, of course.)
Have you read the digest version? Does anything interesting happen?
bladestorm91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 07:52   Link #7
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestorm91 View Post
Have you read the digest version? Does anything interesting happen?
Still working my way through it; google translate is difficult on the brain.

[Edit] I have finished working my way through the first digest (all 49 pages), using a split screen combination of GT on one side and the Japanese on the other (using Rikaichan to mouse over for translation). I used GT for general understanding and Rikaichan for clearer understanding when GT was too confusing / irrational. It (usually) helped, but even then there were times when I was not quite sure what was being said - unsure if my understanding was faulty, the two translations were faulty / incomplete, or even if the digest was too concise at those parts.

What follows is discussion of the digest with occasional little bits of translation.

Spoiler:

[Edit 2] Just hours after this, I learned on the Tsuyokute New Saga thread that archive.org works on the ncode.syosetsu.com website. So now I present a link to the entire World Customize Creator story, un-digest-ed. (GT version)

I still can't believe I never thought to try using archive.org at that site.

Last edited by Brin A'sair; 2014-06-22 at 20:32.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote