AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 14:21   Link #201
Undertaker

exactly, and I think that is too hard for any LN writer to do. The only LN I've seen so far that is able to run the plot on 3 front is the Index series, and despise it's popularity, there are reader who starts to feel the series is starting spreading itself too thin character development-wise. Which is why I think RKB will probably end with the Tomoka and co. graduating and maybe a volume or two as epilogue.

Of course, if the series somehow able to reach Index or Shana level of success, all bets are off.
Old 2012-01-23, 22:36   Link #202
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Well, sort of.

Spoiler for OT:

Here's to hoping RKB will handle the 3 fronts well.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 02:36   Link #203
tsunade666

well index is plot driven and not character driven story so I don't mind though the current plot is interesting for index because the MC took a dive or a miss on his way.

That's kinda different from RKB which is character driven with the character interaction and development makes it interesting to read. Seeing Subaru becoming a full fledged lolicon master coach or is he already one

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 03:20   Link #204
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Okay. The usual problem I have with sports anime is that the writers keep on making new teams that don't make sense at all in the plot except as cannon fodder just to show how good the heroes are, or as breather opponents for the hero team before the awaited match against their rival team, if not the strongest team in the league.

RKB doesn't make me worry about all that. I'm actually more interested on how Mokkan's group and their proteges develop as persons and as players than how they will kick ass. I still don't know what's up with the new Keishin team but it's not that they're the focus of the story anyway.

- Mokkan's team as a whole realizes that winning is not everything in basketball. As a motivational says, "Teamwork: Share victory, share defeat."
- Good god, Subaru. You've just become a lolicon master! Hope to see his team come back, though. But recruitment drive sure is going to be tough, considering the tarnished reputation of his team after that incident with the lolicon captain.
- Mokkan has discovered that while winning with the team is good in itself, having fun playing with the team is much more important than that.
- Airi's CD is my personal favorite. She had overcome her height complex and hydrophobia and went on to become a potentially good "Big Man" Center. I mean, not everyone are able to do that while at a young age, and those kinds of fears, no matter how small, can scar them for life.
- Hinata as well. Who would have thought an innocent-looking girl to be THAT good at playing defense and making the needed shots?
- Saki turned from an average player into a good tactician, which is VERY good for their team as their best player can now focus on offense without worrying about failing to make the important plays happen.
- Haven't seen Maho's CD yet, but I would rather have her drop her Leeroy Jenkins tendencies and start playing according to plan.
- I would want to see the CDs of the second unit, but then again, they're not the center of the plot.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:46   Link #205
tsunade666

sigh..... but still with all this development and such they can't still join an official tournament which is a huge let down for me. But with the second string players. I wish they decide to join already.

it's really fun in winning a game and a tournament. Well if for them they play for fun and all but I still think that winning the tournament is important and the real reason you work hard is to compete and test your strength on the others. Well for me that is. I leveled up myself to challenge others. And winning is a real satisfaction.

Old 2012-01-24, 09:58   Link #206
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

I agree with the idea that the reason you work hard is to win games, win tournaments. But there is something called "teamwork" and "losing gracefully".

Winning games and tournaments in itself is of course important, if not less important than just having fun playing the game with the team. It's being too proud to accept defeat and underestimating opponents that is bad.

@topic At this pace however, it seems that the second unit will continue the Keishin girls' basketball team, while the main unit will get to play in a single team once again should they attend the same school together. THAT is what I'm banking for, that Mokkan's group will still attend the same middle school together.

Cue Nanashiba boys' team coming back with a vengeance.
Old 2012-01-24, 21:29   Link #207
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
@topic At this pace however, it seems that the second unit will continue the Keishin girls' basketball team, while the main unit will get to play in a single team once again should they attend the same school together. THAT is what I'm banking for, that Mokkan's group will still attend the same middle school together.

That's shouldn't be an issue if that ends up to be the direction the series take.

If I remember correctly, Keishin is being portray as one of those elite, high-class escalator school. So unless something drastic happens, they should be able to go all the way up to college.
Old 2012-01-24, 23:08   Link #208
Athena
The Power of One

Wish that these girls graduate soon, get to a middle school where Subaru teaches them with other older girls...
Old 2012-01-25, 03:35   Link #209
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Okay. The usual problem I have with sports anime is that the writers keep on making new teams that don't make sense at all in the plot except as cannon fodder just to show how good the heroes are, or as breather opponents for the hero team before the awaited match against their rival team, if not the strongest team in the league.

RKB doesn't make me worry about all that. I'm actually more interested on how Mokkan's group and their proteges develop as persons and as players than how they will kick ass. I still don't know what's up with the new Keishin team but it's not that they're the focus of the story anyway.
At this point, there should be no problem with teamwork. I thought Subaru has taught everything on how they should play. Problem is that they can't keep on training forever. There should be games that they will play because the team doesn't achieve anything by only developing themselves.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 04:07   Link #210
Undertaker

That's where 5th graders comes in. Presumably they'll join the club with with allow them to enter official tournaments. The question now is that would they use rotation style or match-up type substitution in games?
Old 2012-01-25, 07:49   Link #211
tsunade666

^ but so far no clues or hints of them entering a tournament right?

Old 2012-01-26, 15:16   Link #212
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ but so far no clues or hints of them entering a tournament right?
We will have to wait for Vol.10 to know

Thanks a lot houkoholic and under for volume 7 info , now we know almost everything of that volume

I guess banri and Ryuichi didn't appear in vol. 8 and 9

The author should explain more about the lolicon captain
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:37   Link #213
Athena
The Power of One

^Well, maybe going through too much details would put RKB into troubles...
Old 2012-01-27, 12:49   Link #214
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-6881.html

It seems the 6th BD will include a extra mini-novel? Am I right?

Old 2012-01-27, 18:42   Link #215
Athena
The Power of One

^That pic was...
Old 2012-02-13, 20:42   Link #216
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Oh, is Vol. 10 published? I saw a new cover on dengeki website.
Old 2012-02-13, 22:26   Link #217
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Question here: Does post-Character Development Airi fit under Mighty Glacier or Stone Wall?
Old 2012-02-15, 10:55   Link #218
stormtrooper

If you ask me, I want Airi to be more of a defender so Stone Wall. When you have Tomoka running the offense, it's best to concentrate on defense.

As for Post Character Development, I don't know.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 05:31   Link #219
Undertaker

Based on Banri's nickname in middle school, The Great Wall, I expect him to be more of power player working in the paint like rather than skill center relying on jumpers and hooks.
Old 2012-02-16, 07:30   Link #220
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
If you ask me, I want Airi to be more of a defender so Stone Wall. When you have Tomoka running the offense, it's best to concentrate on defense.

As for Post Character Development, I don't know.
I mean by Post Character Development after Aoi helped her overcome her height complex.

Before that, I think she was a Glass Cannon because she doesn't like getting hit despite being big enough for a center, which would require her to play a very physical game.

After that event, Airi made up her mind to do what it takes to be a good center for the sake of the team, which is to defend the rim on defense. She has also good inside scoring, and this is why I'm torn between Mighty Glacier and Stone Wall.

In addition, I don't know any Glass Cannon who progressed to Stone Wall via Character Development. It's more like Glass Cannon -> Mighty Glacier. If anyone can give an example of GC -> SW character, I'll take it to mean that Airi is really more of SW than MG.

Tags
comedy, shounen