AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 13.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-23, 02:04   Link #81
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Godly music as usual...

Nostalgia of previous series regardless of their quality was still nice...
Old 2011-10-23, 02:34   Link #82
yumichan808
tra la la la la~

I think we should think of this way... if we didn't know what will happen, will we be sooo mad that they ended it like that??? I guess we are all just thinking "AAAHHHH show me the good parts!!!!", but if you didn't read the spoilers, how would you know what would happen????

I myself was very excited to watch this ep, anticipating what I know will happen (unless JC Staff made this huge mistake... *knocks on wood*), but I think I won't be as excited if I didn't know what will happen.

Regardless, there was no story development at all!!!! Just climbing up the freakin ladder? NO WAY!!! I wanna see what happens between Shana and Yuji, not so much the character development of (I hope they kill her off soon ahhaha jkjkjkjk ) Yoshida and Eita~
Old 2011-10-23, 03:30   Link #83
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I really agree with what Nightengale said, but I still couldn't help but be irked while watching this episode. Yes, we do find out that Yuji didn't randomly join the darkside, and flash scenes only took half the time, but I was hoping for more of a development in a 20 min time frame. Rewatching old snippets of previous seasons just felt like a waste of time especially when there are so many questions, expectations, and anticipations to be met and answered. But after having endured all of Endless Eight through sheer willpower, something like this is nothing, really. After all, we know (or do we..) that next episode is going to be awesome.

Also, having watched Shana-tan episode too many times, I just cant take Yoshida seriously anymore, and the fact that I didn't really care for her from the first place doesn't help either. Whenever she has any screen time, all I can think about is her "Sakai-kyun" and such silly antics she showed in the mini-series.
Old 2011-10-23, 04:51   Link #84
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post

Also, having watched Shana-tan episode too many times, I just cant take Yoshida seriously anymore, and the fact that I didn't really care for her from the first place doesn't help either. Whenever she has any screen time, all I can think about is her "Sakai-kyun" and such silly antics she showed in the mini-series.
That's not really the fault of this ep is it....?
Old 2011-10-23, 04:57   Link #85
alvinkhorfire

There is a slight difference in the flashback scene of Yuji fighting Silver, if we compare it to Anime Season 2 Episode 24, as to be included in discussion of whether Yuji feeds his sword with power of existence in Image Thread. Don't worry, no spoiler there.

Season 2 Episode 24, 20m 30s: Blutsauger does not display its effect.
Sesaon 3 Episode 3 (current episode), 20m 39s: Blutsauger does display its effect, as Yuji feeds it with his power of existence.
Old 2011-10-23, 05:54   Link #86
ookamigirl

This was a pretty relaxed episode.
More strategizing and less fighting.
Also, there were some flashbacks, quite a few, too.

Old 2011-10-23, 06:17   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

The flashback scene reminded me of something I thought was amusing at that time- Yuji's dad couldn't be back for more than a few days and he had already knocked up his wife again

That must have been some business trip.
Old 2011-10-23, 08:25   Link #88
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The flashback scene reminded me of something I thought was amusing at that time- Yuji's dad couldn't be back for more than a few days and he had already knocked up his wife again

That must have been some business trip.
That or all the males in Yuji's family must have some extremely powerful sperm...
Old 2011-10-23, 09:35   Link #89
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
That or all the males in Yuji's family must have some extremely powerful sperm...
I guess it can't be helped when his wife is looking like that...
Old 2011-10-23, 09:37   Link #90
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yes I liked this episode

And yes I like Yoshida more than Shana.

And no this is not a troll.
Old 2011-10-23, 10:48   Link #91
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yes I liked this episode

-1 friend.

Spoiler for Not really.:
Old 2011-10-23, 11:07   Link #92
Primary Consult

Episode was a lot better than I expected. I had read the first few "recap??" posts and went in expecting the worst, and was pleasantly surprised. With the narration framing around it, it shows that Yuji fully appreciates what he gave up in leaving his Misaki-shi life; this is not something you can show in a line or two. This was definitely *not* a recap ep.

Anyway, one thing that surprised me is that this season, I'm starting to not hate Yoshida. With the Yuji rivalry seemingly out of the way, you can see that she is now Shana's *friend*... arguably Shana's only friend. She is the first one Shana goes to when Yuji disappears, and Shana includes her when things start going down. Everyone else Shana interacts with fits one or more categories of mentor, co-worker/acquaintance, or parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354
But I'm still confused on why Yoshida, Eita, and Satou remembers Yuji but no one else.
All of them have hougu that allow them to move in Fuzetsu, I'm guessing having that on them while the disappearing happened saved their memories.
Old 2011-10-23, 13:06   Link #93
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

GASP!...the minority speaks!
Old 2011-10-23, 13:23   Link #94
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's not really the fault of this ep is it....?
It is the fault of the series, if one took the Shana-tan one more seriously, or it was more memorable.

Though tbh Shana-tan Yoshida is much more awesome.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-23, 16:05   Link #95
Senshigeia

I don't actually think it was just a recap episode. I would like a little more action, but it was interesting to see Yuji's point of view of the whole story. Also, he admited for the first time (I think) he loves Shana. I gave it an 8/10.
Old 2011-10-23, 18:39   Link #96
Headgamer

First let me say that I've yet to watch this episode in Eng. I've only seen it raw because the subbers were slow and I haven't had the time to waste on it since Friday.

That being said, although it was 85% talking (which I couldn't hear) it wasn't half bad. Now I never like recaps (really, who dose? Even on TV?), but it was presented well. I mean, there really wasn't a huge amount of recap and there was new content (not even counting whatever he said). To me it was just a nice stole down memory lain which would be appropriated and complected in character for Yuji who has just returned to his beloved home town after so long and so much had happened. By that I mean it didn't seem forced; it just seemed like something we would expect from Yuji.

As far as new stuff, it's now seems apparent to me (having not read the book) that Yuji isn't some puppet being control by SoF(?) as it seemed in the last episode. Instead, it seems Yuji at least going along with SoF's plan if not the founder of the plan himself. Hopefully the subs will shed more light on that, but even with just the images it was more info then before.

Also, despite her being a minor character I can't help but be a bit disappointed that Ogata did not recognize Yuji. I mean, given what we know she shouldn't be able to recognize him, but none the less I was hoping for at least a small glimmer of recognition from her as if to say that his old life was not completely gone.... but no. If there was any I missed it.

Otherwise I need to watch it with subs. I'll probably do that when I watch next weeks episode which should be a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Oh btw, season II started out with a recap, but hey those were good episodes weren't they? It was mixed in with a filler plot and villain, and managed to be entertaining. It served as a good opener.
Eh, yes and no. It was a good episode after the recap section when things started to differ from S1 an ok opener in hindsight, however in the beginning while the recaps were still going i was board stiff. I think I even skipped half the episode and only later went back to re-watch it. That being said, it wasn't bad and I've defiantly seen much worse recaps, but not great either.
Old 2011-10-23, 20:01   Link #97
virox

Stop being so mad, everyone.
As many others already stated, this episode was a good one. The flashbacks helped illustrating Yuuji's thoughts, what lead up to his decision. We also had plot development, given, not so much, but we learned a few things, for example, even though everyone should have seen it from a mile away, Yuuji stating that he loves Shana for the first time in the series. Tanaka is back with the group, trying to help out and Shana is awaiting Yuuji.
It was a fine episode, and "shit is going down" next week, so just be patient.

And for those arguing that J.C.Staff simply reused old animation: You clearly haven't seen the "blurays" they threw out a while back. They are horrible, horrible upscaled of the lowest sort possible, because the first two seasons weren't produced in HD or for bluray, but all the flashbacks, even though they used the same art as back then, looked fine, and, as alvinkhorfire said, they even changed some stuff, so stop saying they were lazy, they reanimated all these scenes into high definition.

I also can't wait for the glorious OSTs.
The soundtrack they played during the scene when Yuuji arrives at the ladder was a piano version of Light my Fire.

8/10

Spoiler for scene:

I'm so glad the art of the eyes is back to normal. While they looked derpy sometimes in the first season, they were way too small and too far apart in the second. Good to see they fixed it.

Last edited by virox; 2011-10-23 at 20:39.
Old 2011-10-23, 21:50   Link #98
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headgamer View Post
Eh, yes and no. It was a good episode after the recap section when things started to differ from S1 an ok opener in hindsight, however in the beginning while the recaps were still going i was board stiff. I think I even skipped half the episode and only later went back to re-watch it. That being said, it wasn't bad and I've defiantly seen much worse recaps, but not great either.
Well, I wouldn't pass either off as great material, but at the very least it kept one occupied for a bit and brought me back into the world of Shana after a certain break. Then again, I can't blame anyone for calling them boring either.

At the very least, I can appreciate the fact that they actually provided material to go with it instead of just shoving stock footage down our throats. But then again, I don't feel the episode was absolutely needed either.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-24, 03:57   Link #99
alvinkhorfire

+1, virox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Stop being so mad, everyone.
As many others already stated, this episode was a good one.
When last episode of Shakugan no Shana Second was broadcasted at March 27, 2008, many of us were left wondering whether there will be a third season. Yes, it did provide some form of closure to the anime, but it only animated up to Volume 14. What about Volume 15 to Volume 22?

For the past 2 to 3 years, we were uncertain about the status of Season 3. Luckily, our wish are granted and we now have Season 3 to view and enjoy. Granted, it is understandable that the first 3 episodes of Season 3 are not up to everyone's expectation. Still, we still have to be grateful that there is a third season for us, right?
Old 2011-10-24, 07:32   Link #100
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A better episode than expected. Yes, there wasn't as much plot progression as one would have liked, but the way the episode is done was great, and I thought old fans would have liked it as it brings back memories. Well it certainly did for me.
Closed Thread