AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-28, 22:15   Link #1
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Mahou Tsukai no Yome - The Ancient Magus Bride

The romance/ slice-of-life/mystery manga of the year (for me). Which has both lovable character, excellent plot and pacing, deep lore, with a touch sense of humor and adorable moment.

The actual description is:
Quote:
Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But, a chance encounter began to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chitose, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
So have a look at this, and throw your echi/smut manga that you are holding out of the window. As if this does not give you the fluffy heartwarming feelings to suppress your lust and desire. Then you are incurable!!
Old 2014-08-29, 02:45   Link #2
chaosbeowulf

The feeling that I get from reading this manga is the same feeling I get when I read Natsume Yuujinchou.
chaosbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 04:55   Link #3
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbeowulf View Post
The feeling that I get from reading this manga is the same feeling I get when I read Natsume Yuujinchou.
I only watched season 1, but how so? Thought Natsume Yuujinchou was a bit mix of drama and slice of life?
Old 2014-08-29, 05:07   Link #4
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Ah good - you made a thread for it. ^^

Ch 9 was just released a day or so ago, and it is more of the same - very interesting writing and compelling characters.

Must admit I also really like the art too!
Old 2014-08-29, 05:31   Link #5
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

A pretty interesting manga. The settings and characters are very nice and the couple even has some cute non creepy moments which might seem odd, but you really get it as you read further and see developments between them. The pairing is not sexualized at all and can be really sweet (that chapter alone with Titania & Oberon can make you go D'aaaww).

The world also makes you want to see more of it as well as the quirky side characters.

...Present Me though is quite alright.
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 05:47   Link #6
luinna

yeah and next arc likely will involve BIG BLACK monster, BIG BLACK dog and BIG BLACK miasma
luinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 06:13   Link #7
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ah good - you made a thread for it. ^^

Ch 9 was just released a day or so ago, and it is more of the same - very interesting writing and compelling characters.

Must admit I also really like the art too!
A begin of a new arc. But i'm glad that they skip all of the more boring magic training part and just get straight to the interesting one.

Was giggling at the note about the ring through "left one is too early"...
(not to mention the shivering mandrake when she picked up its petal....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
A pretty interesting manga. The settings and characters are very nice and the couple even has some cute non creepy moments which might seem odd, but you really get it as you read further and see developments between them. The pairing is not sexualized at all and can be really sweet (that chapter alone with Titania & Oberon can make you go D'aaaww).

The world also makes you want to see more of it as well as the quirky side characters.
Yeah i mean even the side cast are very interesting characters as well. Titania & Oberon for example. Other manga would have portrayed those with high status by their power/ their ruling over others. But in this case, even without lifting a finger, just the way Titania treated Thorn, and then his reaction showed how much power, and more important, respect, Titania was commanding.

Or the King Cat and her human child as well