AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 14:19   Link #1
AnimeRainbowWolf
Typhoon of Random

Location: In the imaginary end of the 19th century in England
Smile Some Good Action/Fantasy Animes?

Well, I've watched a lot of the well known series like Bleach and FMA, and I have pretty much ran out of good animes to watch. I am watching Digimon (=_=) and Pandora Hearts right now, and I'm planing on watching Dream Eater Merry, but Pandora became so confusing and Digimon is just... Childish. Dream Eater Merry is only 13 episodes, also. I would like an anime with more than 20 episodes, but it's fine if it has less. A few animes I like are:

Bleach- like it because of the interesting idea, but has too many fillers and episodes.

Full Metal Alchemist- One of my favorites! I loved it! The plot for the first AND second series great.

Tokyo Mew Mew- Has a bit of fighting and a bit of romance, perfect for a girl like me. Faved and watched three times!

InuYasha- A great series. The love... um... Octagon? Was a good spice to the series. XD There was a lot of action to balance out the romance. X3 And I like how most of it was in the Feudal Era. I loved it!

Here are some I didn't really like:

High School of the Dead- It's OK... I just don't like how much blood and creepy parts were in it... =___=''' Plus I watch most of my anime in the middle of the night... BAD IDEA. O_e

Mermaid Melody- A classic and I though it was pretty good. But it had a little too much romance for me... Also, in Pichi Pichi Pure, the new villian confused me. :|

Well, I hope you can help! Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Last edited by AnimeRainbowWolf; 2011-12-21 at 01:25.
AnimeRainbowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:27   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

There's A LOT to recommend, but I'll give you this first: To Aru Majutsu no Index and its side story To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. It's a good action fantasy (to me). If you haven't seen it, you may want to try it.
Old 2011-10-23, 15:00   Link #3
AnimeRainbowWolf
Typhoon of Random

thanks, I'll try those two! ^^
Old 2011-10-23, 15:08   Link #4
kitten320

I guess more bloody shows are not your thing, let's see:

Fairy Tail are an ongoing series with 101 episode out already. It has magic and action.

07-Ghost are good action series with some fantasy elements. Biggest cast of seiyus is from Bleach.

Ao no Exorcist - has finished airing not so long ago. Series are about demon hunting but shounen style.

Baccano! - are really good series but only 16 episodes long if count specials which are a continuation. Setting is in our world with guns, knifes and stuff but there still is a fantasy element.

Busou Renkin are not a bad series about alchemy and homonculus though don't expecte to see anything like FMA.

D.Gray Man is kind of similar to Bleach and FMA.

You can try Mai HiME or Magical Madoka if you don't mind girls as main heroines.

Nurarihyon no Mago are not a bad series, season 2 is better though. Main hero looks like Inuyasha.

Soul Eater are good action series.

I'll second Toaru Majutsu no Index though I was dissapointed with season 2.

I think that's enough for now, I can add more later
Old 2011-10-23, 15:32   Link #5
AnimeRainbowWolf
Typhoon of Random

Talking

Yeah, I very much dislike a ton of blood. I guess you could say I have hemophobia. I've watched Nurarihyon no Mago, Ao no Exorcist, Soul Eater, & Fairy Tail, but the others you suggested sound good. I'll try some of them! Thanks bunches! ^_^ And I don't mind Heroines, it helps me cut down on anime crushes. LOL <X3

Last edited by AnimeRainbowWolf; 2011-11-03 at 18:02.
Old 2011-10-23, 15:35   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeRainbowWolf View Post
Tokyo Mew Mew- Has a bit of fighting and a bit of romance, perfect for a girl like me.
Darn. It kinda slip my mind that you're a girl. If that's the case, then you may want to try To Aru Kagaku no Railgun even more than Index since this side story is almost all about the girls' life that didn't got (enough) screen time in the main series. My advice is: watch Index 1st season first to know the characters, then go watch Railgun. That IF you really find this series interesting enough.

PS: Both Index and Railgun series are 20+ episodes, btw.
Old 2011-10-23, 15:39   Link #7
AnimeRainbowWolf
Typhoon of Random

LOL XD Ok then.
Old 2011-10-23, 15:51   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Katanagatari comes to mind. A bit wordy in the first two episodes, but still pretty good I thought.

Chrome Shelled Regios is another.

And of course, Madoka Magica.

If you liked Inuyasha you might like Ranma 1/2 by the same author.

If Sci-Fi is okay I think you'd love Crest of the Stars. Also Full Metal Panic!

You might also try Chrono Crusade and Shakugan no Shana.

Tiger & Bunny might interest you if you'd like a take off on American style super heroes.

If you're fine with comedy I'd suggest checking out the currently running Ben-To.

Both A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun are possibilities. Railgun has a lot more fanservice though.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:54   Link #9
AnimeRainbowWolf
Typhoon of Random

Thanks for the suggestions. ^_^ I'll try them. :3
Old 2011-10-23, 16:11   Link #10
kitten320

Since you have cut my list by 4 shows I guess I could add the following ones. I did not like them as much as I hoped for but they were not bad shows and might suit your taste:

Chrno Crusade, has a nice but sad ending and does have some good themes going on

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles - characters mosly use guns, tanks and all other ordinary weapon but some supernatural stuff is mentioned and it finally appears towards the end.

Tears to Tiara had some interesting ideas.

Tales of the Abyss has a really nice cast of characters.
Old 2011-10-23, 16:38   Link #11
AnimeRainbowWolf
Typhoon of Random

LOL Thanks! Again!
Old 2011-10-23, 18:26   Link #12
GreatTeacherKen

Baccano! is a great series, but if you're squeamish than I'll have to warn you that it's quite violent, more so than HOTD, though it is quite funny though which may soften it a bit. Episode 9, in particular, being especially gruesome and unfortunately for squeamish people you can't skip it as the events are very plot important.

You can try Durarara! It is by the same creators as the above and has a similar appeal, but it's comparatively less brutal. It's a fantasy crime series set in modern day Japan with a lot of memorable characters and has quite a few fight scenes with the best ones IMO involving the superhumanly strong Shizuo.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 07:59   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Fantasy action with no blood? I'll recommend Bakeneko, and its sequel Mononoke. The main character travels Japan selling medications and slaying the occasional demon.

You might also give Noein a try. It's a sci-fi series, but most Japanese sci-fi anime have a lot in common with fantasy shows. Some remarkably well-choreographed bloodless battle scenes, an intriguing concept and script, and a lovable young heroine make this worth your while. (Dubbed stream available here.)
Old 2011-10-30, 19:31   Link #14
AnimeRainbowWolf
Typhoon of Random

Thanks! @GreatTeacherKen: Yeah, I can handle violence and some blood. Just not a ton of it like in Blood-C A little overkill with the blood there.
@SejiSensei: The third one sounds Awesome.
Old 2011-10-30, 20:53   Link #15
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

There is a quite old anime, Yu Yu Hakusho, that is about a student who dies (in the first episode) to save a kid, and is chosen to work as a spirits detective. He discovers soon some power, encounters demoniac enemies (who'll become allies later on), take part on a tournament ecc.

When they were transmitting it, i really enjoyed it. It's mainly combat oriented, there is like 1% romance in there, rest is fights, some ripping off, cool moves, and is barely funny (Oh ye, there are surely funny moments, but the main characters keep a quite serious attitude for the whole series)

There are 2 seasons of this anime (112 episodes in total):
1 season: first 25 episodes are about the protagonist being a detective of spirits, the following 40 episodes are about the tournament
2 season:, first 25+ episodes are about an enemy in particular, that will be the antagonist, while the remaining episodes are about a tournament in the demon world

The particularity of this anime is the very end. It will surprise you (if you'll watch all the episodes), but it won't disappoint you (it didn't for me, even tho it was really... different).

I'll show you some pic:
Spoiler for Pics:

As you can see from the SS, it's quite an old anime, but i enjoyed it back then. If you are looking for something more similar to FMA tho, or even inuyasha, with adventures spread all over the world, it will disappoint you (Because 50% of this anime plays around tournaments, but got cool fights).

Btw, the first episodes are about resurrecting, so no fights. Things get interesting the more you progress with the story; i'd say in an exponential way. There are ALL kinds of enemies in there, really every kind of characters. Btw, if you liked bleach, you should enjoy this.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-05 at 07:58.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 20:33   Link #16
Trudinh

Shakugan no shana
Naruto
One piece
Trudinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 02:42   Link #17
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Everyone listed most of the major ones already. I will have to second One Piece, considering your gender. Remember to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles, or else you might lose interest from the English dub. It is the difference between night and day for that series, and it is one of Japan's most popular series.

A new current series is Beelzebub. It is currently ongoing and shounen type. It has a lot of powerful and magical fights, with comedy mixed in.

As for another action plus romance series, Tsubasa Chronicles is a nice adaptation from Clamp.

Macross Frontier has both action and romance, but I am not sure if it will be to your type. It is mecha, a lot of singing, and beautifully animated.

Kiba was also a very entertaining action series with a nice unique world setting, although the action is nothing too spectacular. They use magical spirit like beings to fight one another.

KenIchi: The Mightiest Disciple is shounen at its best. It has great combination of comedy and martial arts action.

Also, Hunter X Hunter, the original version from 1999. It is similar to Naruto style, but a bit darker and more serious. It is absolutely fantastic. The new version this year is a little on the childish side and a lot brighter.

I would recommend Saint Seiya, but it is a bit old and outdated. However, the new Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas is just fantastic. Beautiful art as well as awesome fights. You don't need to watch Saint Seiya to understand The Lost Canvas, since they are set in different eras with different story lines.

The Twelve Kingdoms is one of the best action/fantasy animes you will ever see. The only problem with it is that it ends abruptly at 45 episodes, making you long for more.

Last Exile is also one of the best fantasy animes ever, and it does have some action scenes in it. Even though it was released in 2003, it is still a masterpiece in art and music even when compared to today's anime. The new sequel series is currently airing.

Good luck with all these animes. They will keep you occupied for a long, long time.
Old 2011-11-06, 11:02   Link #18
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

go watch slayers next if you want good characters/story/comedy/drama/background music/voice-acting/all that stuff. if you're still not gonna watch it because of its animation or the year it came out then it's your loss.
Old 2011-11-18, 08:48   Link #19
dametsuna

I would suggest you to watch Katekyo Hitman Reborn. There are 203 episodes in total so u wont run out of anime to watch in sometime. At the first 10+ episodes, it would be quite disappointing but it will get better afterwards.
dametsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 19:51   Link #20
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.

Watch Fate/Stay Night ; comparatively less bloody and covers the genres you mentioned.
Also, try these if you like, Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Black Cat, Darker than Black, Tears to Tiara.
I would have also recommended Blood+ but since you don't like bloody animes.... but still feel free to check it out.