AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-18, 12:09   Link #401
brightman
Ancient Member

That's the thing... Flit's already showing some Newtype powers of his own... So Asem might just as well inherit them from him... No need for Yurin.

Hate to say it but right now it seems to be leading down that predictable path. The whole episode this week seems to be for setting it up.
Old 2011-12-18, 12:22   Link #402
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

I hope Yurin actually lives (and not just immortalized in some kind of Newtypish purgatory), but every Gundam series requires sacrifice of at least one tragic heroine.

Pure speculation: it's also entirely possible that Asem would be so hot-headed that he would fail to channel his inner Newtype powers until overcoming his own personal tragedy, which may be caused by his inability to communicate and understand.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 12:45   Link #403
ReddyRedWolf

Well Yurin maybe wont die. We know there is cold sleep technology in the Diva. So there is the possibility of her being in either Assem or Kio's arcs.

Desil is likely set up as the enemy of the Asuno family for a century.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 13:08   Link #404
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
I hope Yurin actually lives (and not just immortalized in some kind of Newtypish purgatory), but every Gundam series requires sacrifice of at least one tragic heroine.

Pure speculation: it's also entirely possible that Asem would be so hot-headed that he would fail to channel his inner Newtype powers until overcoming his own personal tragedy, which may be caused by his inability to communicate and understand.
Here's an idea. Yurin lived and married Flit. Asem is her child but he might not be able to get along very well with her from some event that happened in the past. However he was on good terms with Emily and kinda saw her as more like a mother that he dyed his hir and changed his hairstyle to more match hers. The point of his story would be coming to tems with his parents and working out the problem from the past.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 06:26   Link #405
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well Yurin maybe wont die. We know there is cold sleep technology in the Diva. So there is the possibility of her being in either Assem or Kio's arcs.

Desil is likely set up as the enemy of the Asuno family for a century.
Possible future scenario:
Yurin (to Kio) : I've gone camping with your grandpa. For two weeks.

Quite elegant, especially if she doesn't remember Flit's arc at first (then it all comes back later at a critical junction). The healing pod is one of the most unused technology in Age.
Old 2011-12-19, 06:57   Link #406
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Here's an idea. Yurin lived and married Flit. Asem is her child but he might not be able to get along very well with her from some event that happened in the past. However he was on good terms with Emily and kinda saw her as more like a mother that he dyed his hir and changed his hairstyle to more match hers. The point of his story would be coming to tems with his parents and working out the problem from the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Possible future scenario:
Yurin (to Kio) : I've gone camping with your grandpa. For two weeks.

Quite elegant, especially if she doesn't remember Flit's arc at first (then it all comes back later at a critical junction). The healing pod is one of the most unused technology in Age.
Yeah, the possibilities are endless with this generational setup. Now if the writers could just summon their creative spirits and produce!
Old 2011-12-19, 08:09   Link #407
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Yeah, the possibilities are endless with this generational setup. Now if the writers could just summon their creative spirits and produce!
Exactly! Which is why i would be so horribly disappointed with the show if they decide to take the cliched and most obvious route instead.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 08:18   Link #408
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Exactly! Which is why i would be so horribly disappointed with the show if they decide to take the cliched and most obvious route instead.
The cliched, obvious route (for me) would mean a regurgitation of all the tropes we're all too familiar with. While it's somewhat entertaining to point them out every Sunday, AGE has yet established anything significant in terms of content that adds to the Gundam lore--other than this generational spanning idea. I realize it's probably still early, but my expectations for how this story pans out remains high.
Old 2011-12-19, 11:46   Link #409
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Keep in mind that this is a show primarily targetted at first timers so whether it's been done in past Gundam history might not necessarily be a consideration for the staff. Also as far as I'm concerned how cliches are used come down not to if they are used, but how they are used within the context of a particular story. It's unreasonable not to expect at least some tropes to be common across several Gundam series, I just hope they never take the Seed route and start copying various arcs, plot elements and resulting story branches verbatim from other shows.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 18:23   Link #410
Sciel
Etoilé

When i meant the cliched and obvious route, i was referring to how they would deal with FlitxYurin . As you've said, its Gundam so one would expect some degree of repetition/similarities from series from series. I don't mind repetition as long as its kept to an acceptable level; however, "Lalah-fying" Yurin would be typical of Gundam wouldn't it? Would be so , considering they could do so much more with her character.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:04   Link #411
casval cehack

Quote:
The cliched, obvious route (for me) would mean a regurgitation of all the tropes we're all too familiar with. While it's somewhat entertaining to point them out every Sunday, AGE has yet established anything significant in terms of content that adds to the Gundam lore--other than this generational spanning idea. I realize it's probably still early, but my expectations for how this story pans out remains high.
Lore-wise, seeing the new white haired character with near-Millias eyes and with the amount of Millias X Woolf scenes in the last episode (11th), the generation spanning idea is thankfully not exclusive to the main character. I'm speculating that Kio would also have a white-haired teammate.
Old 2011-12-20, 04:35   Link #412
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
To add to that, I just wish that the girl from Fardain grows up to be one hot chick.
Old 2011-12-20, 04:39   Link #413
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Lore-wise, seeing the new white haired character with near-Millias eyes and with the amount of Millias X Woolf scenes in the last episode (11th), the generation spanning idea is thankfully not exclusive to the main character. I'm speculating that Kio would also have a white-haired teammate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
To add to that, I just wish that the girl from Fardain grows up to be one hot chick.
The writers could make sooo much fodder just by paying attention to continuity. The generational concept is brilliant:

1. Characters
2. Timeskip!
3. ????
4. Profit (as in implied character development)

As for Step 4, a little exposition could go a long way. Otherwise, the fan fiction community could also make a splash.
Old 2011-12-21, 23:11   Link #414
brightman
Ancient Member

Spoiler for translation:
Old 2011-12-22, 05:04   Link #415
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post

Spoiler for translation:
Spoiler for Oho!:
Old 2011-12-22, 05:28   Link #416
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Spoiler for Oho!:
Yurin's mind is going to be f'd Anew
Old 2011-12-22, 05:40   Link #417
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Yurin's mind is going to be f'd Anew

Or even worse, a sentient human drone, except they are mostly on sleeper mode until they are actually of use.
Old 2011-12-22, 06:37   Link #418
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Spoiler for translation:
Spoiler for Ep 15:
Old 2011-12-22, 07:28   Link #419
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep 15:
Spoiler for ep 15:
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 05:23   Link #420
casval cehack

A lot could happen in 25 years of fighting the UE.