AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-27, 21:43   Link #61
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I don't have much time, so I couldn't give proper explanation right now, but let's think about the "resource". We don't know what's the resource, and you keep assume it's material substance, now that's the problem. It could be as well as an organic catalyst that created specifically for this (could be Yurin, who knows?). Again, you assume that they have a luxury of time to do and try the looping. They might already be near at their death when operate the time travel.

Remember the UE in Flit's time only commit several assault, and few big one in the 14 years time span. That could mean they didn't manage to bring much thing together with them back to this time, and need time to rebuild their force. Given their few numbers, I don't find it's unreasonable to believe that.

Everything is just speculation, because frankly, there are too little information to have any proper logical explanation. Your argument all based on assumption that everything should be as you think it is, without considering outside factor.

And time paradox, for your last question.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 21:57   Link #62
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't have much time, so I couldn't give proper explanation right now, but let's think about the "resource". We don't know what's the resource, and you keep assume it's material substance, now that's the problem. It could be as well as an organic catalyst that created specifically for this (could be Yurin, who knows?). Again, you assume that they have a luxury of time to do and try the looping. They might already be near at their death when operate the time travel.

Remember the UE in Flit's time only commit several assault, and few big one in the 14 years time span. That could mean they didn't manage to bring much thing together with them back to this time, and need time to rebuild their force. Given their few numbers, I don't find it's unreasonable to believe that.

Everything is just speculation, because frankly, there are too little information to have any proper logical explanation. Your argument all based on assumption that everything should be as you think it is, without considering outside factor.

And time paradox, for your last question.
Time travel is a paradox in and of itself.

I don't understand how they could not have the luxury of time of looping, when looping implies infinite amounts of time. The only way that would work is if they were bleeding out while time traveling and literally facing death, but, then, again they could have met themselves who were not quite dead and pass on their knowledge, forever and ever.

I'm fine with waiting and seeing, but this is a discussion board so I'd like to discuss it.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:01   Link #63
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
All this time travel talk makes me want to watch Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles all over again. DAMN YOU FOX FOR ALWAYS CANCELLING YOUR SCI-FI SHOWS!!!

Anyways, to get back on topic, what're the odds Grodek actually gets away, repercussion-free, with stealing the Diva? I don't really get what the point was for him to erase the personnel records. Is the Federation really so incompetent not to have a centralized personnel system that any colonies the Diva is going to be visiting in the next few episodes would just blindly accept the Diva's records that have been tampered with?
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 01:29   Link #64
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Time travel is a paradox in and of itself.

I don't understand how they could not have the luxury of time of looping, when looping implies infinite amounts of time.
The problem is that all we know from this spoiler is that the UE went back 100+ years in the past. Since we don't know anything else at this point, it's hard to say why they wouldn't/couldn't do certain things.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 22:09   Link #65
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
This made me laugh:

Originally posted by bearzerger on T.H.A.T. Anime blog:

It is already beyond obvious that Yurin is the final villain. Just look at how skillfully she eliminated Bruzar. As a precog she must have known about the UE attack and yet instead of getting herself to an escape pod as quickly as possible she started wandering about and when finally Flit caught up with her despite knowing that he would help her she played the damsel in distress and delayed Flit by running away from him for minutes. Then she used her femine wiles to ingratiate herself with the emotionally unstable pubescent Flit.

Moreover as we can see when she navigates Flit through the tunnels out of the colony she must have known that the core would get stuck when they attempted to pull it out, but again instead of warning people ahead of time she intentionally forced Bruzar to kill himself to free the core.

To sum up, she already got rid of his parent figure, sidelined the girl who tried to be the closest to him and she got first hand data on the Gundam. There can only be one conclusion Yurin is the leader of UE trying to mold Flit into her loyal pawn.

----------------------------------

On a different note, I wonder if it means anything when they gave the status report on the Diva that all the colonists were accounted for when they didn't know there was a purple-haired girl sitting in Flit's cockpit. Oversight, or ominous plot detail?
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 22:49   Link #66
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
This made me laugh:

Originally posted by bearzerger on T.H.A.T. Anime blog:

It is already beyond obvious that Yurin is the final villain. Just look at how skillfully she eliminated Bruzar. As a precog she must have known about the UE attack and yet instead of getting herself to an escape pod as quickly as possible she started wandering about and when finally Flit caught up with her despite knowing that he would help her she played the damsel in distress and delayed Flit by running away from him for minutes. Then she used her femine wiles to ingratiate herself with the emotionally unstable pubescent Flit.

Moreover as we can see when she navigates Flit through the tunnels out of the colony she must have known that the core would get stuck when they attempted to pull it out, but again instead of warning people ahead of time she intentionally forced Bruzar to kill himself to free the core.

To sum up, she already got rid of his parent figure, sidelined the girl who tried to be the closest to him and she got first hand data on the Gundam. There can only be one conclusion Yurin is the leader of UE trying to mold Flit into her loyal pawn.

----------------------------------

On a different note, I wonder if it means anything when they gave the status report on the Diva that all the colonists were accounted for when they didn't know there was a purple-haired girl sitting in Flit's cockpit. Oversight, or ominous plot detail?
Wow. That actually makes sense!

I wonder when AGE will start introducing the Newtype/Innovator concept, with Yurin's special abilities, of sorts.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 06:53   Link #67
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I wonder when AGE will start introducing the Newtype/Innovator concept, with Yurin's special abilities, of sorts.
Probably next ep when we meet Decil the demon boy.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 10:23   Link #68
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Given what Grodek said about the UE stealth technology it may be in the past this technology was used during one of the wars prior to this era of peace.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 11:08   Link #69
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
I think you are right, looks like Grodek has seen this or a similar technology before.
The stealth field/shield used by the UE makes me a bit curious. For what I have seen, it looks like within the field, radar or other sensors are useless except for the optical/visual ones. So it is useful, but it has also have some drawbacks.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 13:06   Link #70
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Ep.names up to ep.14

Spoiler for Lists:


OMG, the name of ep.12 ...........
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 13:14   Link #71
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.names up to ep.14

Spoiler for Lists:


OMG, the name of ep.12 ...........
Those are fake... We know what the official titles for Eps 6-8 are and those aren't it.

Hope that makes you feel a bit better.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 13:37   Link #72
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Flit is starting to gain some Newtype ace skills (from touching Yurin's hand no doubt); the signature blue-tinged screen appeared twice by now, first when he tried predicting Gafran's movements during episode 3 and now when split-second dodging Woolf's round.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 22:14   Link #73
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
And now the UE are shown to have a giant space fortress/ship.

I'm liking the time traveling scenario less and less.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 22:18   Link #74
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
And now the UE are shown to have a giant space fortress/ship.

I'm liking the time traveling scenario less and less.
Just because they have a large space ship doesn't solidify the rumor of time travel.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 10:59   Link #75
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Just because they have a large space ship doesn't solidify the rumor of time travel.
You mean Grodek comes from the future as well?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 16:20   Link #76
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
You mean Grodek comes from the future as well?
*SLAP*

I'll have no such heresy spoken here!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 03:36   Link #77
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
You mean Grodek comes from the future as well?
MIND BLOWN lol
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic95212_4.gif
rocawarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 05:47   Link #78
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Just to add fuel to the speculation?

Remember when he quipped how lousy the security of the EFF database was?

To contextualise, maybe in the future the security was much better. Or maybe in the future they were taught that the EFF were very powerful/glorious.

RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 06:25   Link #79
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Gundam has faced many different types of enemies already, ranging from martains(Oldsmobile Zeon/Mars from Gundam Seed Delta Astray), jovians(Jupiter Empire), undeads(DG Army), to aliens(ELS) & now time travelers?
__________________
GUNDAM SENTINEL
Ice Queen Sumeragi is our friend!!!
support our empire!!!
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 08:40   Link #80
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Caution Major Spoiler Sorry I have no mood to translate.
Spoiler for About UE, Zedas (hidden secret reveal):
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.