AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 00:53   Link #741
Aesthetic Shampoo

Just caught up with all the eps, and wow this is really good. Only gripe so far is that there's too much Taichi being the white knight. I'm hoping the guys' problems will be and handled as seriously as the girls' were though.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 00:57   Link #742
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
@Kirito: Sure feel free to use it
Don't have any more of Inaba at the time being but got others.

Old 2012-08-03, 01:07   Link #743
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Don't have any more of Inaba at the time being but got others.
Here's some to stock up
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 04:59   Link #744
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
More Inaba you want? More you shall get~

Old 2012-08-03, 05:04   Link #745
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Well Damn... I might actually have to change my sig... once I get off this bus -_-

But I wasn't expecting you to turn them into sigs so soon

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-03 at 05:16.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 22:32   Link #746
Sakanaka Shouko

I'll be taking this one. ^_^

Thanks a lot.
Old 2012-08-04, 03:18   Link #747
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Freebies.

Can I take this one?
Old 2012-08-04, 11:27   Link #748
Midonin
Last Engage

KokoCo 05 - Ward 9B

Iori's death was through no fault of her own - if anything, before Heartseed took over her body, she looked like she was feeling fine. I agree with Taichi's general philosophy, and the things he said to Iori were true. Everyone plays different roles in life at different times, that's how it works. I'm not one to comment on shipping that much, so all I can say is the Heartseed put himself as being just a notch below Kyubey here. Maybe he's also doing this for entropy-related reasons? Sure, his apathy is kind of funny, but it's also dangerous. He's the real freaky stoic character here.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 11:49   Link #749
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Episode 5:

That smile Inaba had at the end was one evil, devious smirk. I wonder what she has planned fot Taichi

Quite the episode though, I enjoyed it the whole way through It had it's sad and tense moments, I found it nice that it was ended was comedy to lighten up the mood

And I am indeed happy from the outcome of this episode.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:19   Link #750
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

A creative yet somewhat predictable twist.
Spoiler for plot spoiler:

Spoiler for plot spoiler 2:
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 12:25   Link #751
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Spoiler for large image:

You know half way through I was thinking to myself that I would be more emotionally invested if I knew these characters better but I'm glad I wasn't.

Also am I the only one who had to look sophistry in the dictionary?
Old 2012-08-04, 12:27   Link #752
HandofFate

**** this 'Heartseed' guy.

What a jerk.
Even if they 'benefit' from the experience, as he said, its still an evil move.

And wtf, it seemed like Iori was gonna be fine with Taichi's confession to her anyway, then he takes over Iori's body, and attempts suicide in her body. And at the end, its almost the same result, only now with 10x more drama.

Don't care what 'intentions' or whatever it is. He's a bad entity.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:36   Link #753
Seiryuu

This episode really surprised me on many spots. I'd heard a few bits and pieces, but that'd led me to expect something far from what we got. I knew that someone was going to try and fool Taichi for one reason or another, but I should've figured that it'd be like that. And I'm glad that that's how the "suicide" turned out, in all respects. The one thing I'm wondering is whether Iori will want to take back her last request...
Spoiler:

From what I've heard, that's the end of Heartseed, right? I think I heard each volume was a different weirdo doing something different to everyone...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 12:39   Link #754
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Worked for me. We got a nice emotional hit, but without it being too intense.
Spoiler for ep5:
Another one of those good anime episodes that is over before you realize it.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 12:40   Link #755
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
This episode really surprised me on many spots. I'd heard a few bits and pieces, but that'd led me to expect something far from what we got. I knew that someone was going to try and fool Taichi for one reason or another, but I should've figured that it'd be like that. And I'm glad that that's how the "suicide" turned out, in all respects. The one thing I'm wondering is whether Iori will want to take back her last request...
Spoiler:

From what I've heard, that's the end of Heartseed, right? I think I heard each volume was a different weirdo doing something different to everyone...
I don't know how that would work. I thought the whole premise around this show was the body swapping thing, and without Heartseed, that doesn't happen.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 12:41   Link #756
HandofFate

I didn't like the beginning part with Iori/Taichi/Inaba.

Iori pretends to be Inaba, and Taichi believes that, and Iori feels betrayed and runs out crying. And Inaba blames Taichi and punches him.

Iori wanted to be able to trust Taichi, and yet pulls that little act off which pretty much if anything helps to break any trust Taichi would have in her. But because its Taichi, Iori gets off with no repercussions on that.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:54   Link #757
ookamigirl

Aoki confessed to Yui. It was nice ^^
Well... at least until he got rejected.
Taichi is really something.
Always there to help his friends deal with their problems.
Sudden appearance of Heartseed was pretty surprising.
Especially when it/he possessed Nagase.
It sure gave them an interesting task.
Wow, that Heartseed guy really has a weird sense of doing things.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 13:06   Link #758
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, never in my mind I thought Iori was in danager. Heartseed pretty much said in the beginning he was doing all these just for kicks, and what's more trolololol than having them squirm at the thought of sacrificing one of the group when it was all just a joke? XD

Which on the other hand didn't give me the impact the drama scenes should have had, unfortunately. Nothing like taking out the drama when you know the very foundation of that drama is a lie.

And oooh, Iori and Taichi confessed to each other. Now I'm looking forward to next episode as to how Inaba is going to react when those two are all but official. Ganbare Inaba!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 13:12   Link #759
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Aoki confessed to Yui. It was nice ^^
Well... at least until he got rejected.
In a harem series any guy besides the MC is fated to be forever alone.

Although, if that blush is any indication, Aoki might be able to pull it off. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 2012-08-04, 13:20   Link #760
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Although I didn't buy Iori's death for a second, this episode was still emotional for me. Iori's farewell scene to Taichi was fantastic, Miyukichi did a terrific job there. That definitely made up for last week. Taichi's speech even made sense this time. What he said to Iori rung true. I don't know if that will be enough to "cure" her, but she seems to be on the right path after what she's experienced.

Heartseed has dubious methods but good intentions, I think. As he himself pointed out, this whole experience has been beneficial to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
No way. I doubt there are other supernatural entities around that would happen to take a fancy to our protagonist. Besides, Heartseed's intentions are still not clear and he said he'd see them again as he left. He'll definitely be back. I think it's probably the end of the body switching though. He strongly implied there was more he could do, so I'm expecting him to come up with something new and far more bothersome next.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life