AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-19, 02:03   Link #1421
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
I think Taichi was afraid of snapping and making things worse. Same as Inaba
I very much agree.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 02:15   Link #1422
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
I think Taichi was afraid of snapping and making things worse. Same as Inaba
Now that you mention it... wouldn't that make his outburst on Inaba seemed a bit hypocratical? Then again he didn't try to leave the scene like she did. Just a thought.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 02:20   Link #1423
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
I think Taichi was afraid of snapping and making things worse. Same as Inaba
I'm not doubting that and I know that's the reason but I wasn't expecting it given his lack of self control shown earlier (and then similarly later with Inaba). It feels as if Heartseed is sitting at a TV watching and pressing a button to get the best bang for his buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Now that you mention it... wouldn't that make his outburst on Inaba seemed a bit hypocratical? Then again he didn't try to leave the scene like she did. Just a thought.
He didn't leave but distracted himself nonetheless.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 02:21   Link #1424
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Now that you mention it... wouldn't that make his outburst on Inaba seemed a bit hypocratical? Then again he didn't try to leave the scene like she did. Just a thought.
Oh, it's completely hypocritical. And that he didn't leave the scene only makes it worse. Inaba was decisive - she wasn't going to intervene, for whatever reason, so she removed herself.

Taichi stayed and watch, risking an episode anyway. The best that could be said was that he was hesitating. That way he gets to have it both way: he didn't do anything foolish, and he can still harps on Inaba for "abandoning Iori".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 03:12   Link #1425
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere I can draw inspiration from
Age: 32
Wow that was an intense episode. Man, yo, Tachi, deem fightin' words. You better have the actions to back them up.

Spoiler:


So much anger in this episode. Why so serious?
__________________
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 03:24   Link #1426
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Now that you mention it... wouldn't that make his outburst on Inaba seemed a bit hypocratical? Then again he didn't try to leave the scene like she did. Just a thought.
I think when inhibitions are eliminated and everyone is acting on their true impulses, hypocrisy is just par for the course - and I think there were examples of it from pretty much everybody this week. Since so much of what we project publicly is an effort to be popular or conform to what's socially acceptable, it's naturally going to run counter to much of what we'd really like to say and do.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 03:43   Link #1427
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
I think the main idea is that Taichi was the one in danger of overreacting due to his saving-people persona, while he believed (be it correctly or incorrectly) that Himiko was not as susceptible since she didn't share the same obsession. As such, he believed that Himiko should have done something to diffuse the situation.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:04   Link #1428
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Wow that was an intense episode. Man, yo, Tachi, deem fightin' words. You better have the actions to back them up.

Spoiler:


So much anger in this episode. Why so serious?
With the HQ aka Inaba down and nobody else to keep both the guys in check, it's only a matter of time...

Teenage tantrum is serious business
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:12   Link #1429
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I also believe in the same principle as fujishima meaning
"I thought people are meant to hurt each other"
because through pain we learn and that is basic principle of humankind.

Furthermore teenager is the time when we are very unstable in both mind and body. It is also at this time that we search for who we truly are and accept of what it may be and what society might think. That is why many teenagers are prone to have unexpected outburst where ever and whenever they are. They are also quick to lash out on the people they are close with like family and friends.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:24   Link #1430
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere I can draw inspiration from
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
With the HQ aka Inaba down and nobody else to keep both the guys in check, it's only a matter of time...

Teenage tantrum is serious business
No kidding.
Spoiler:
__________________
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:41   Link #1431
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Oh, it's completely hypocritical.
I disagree. How is it hypocritical?

Hypocritical is expecting something of other people that you don't expect of yourself and aren't willing to live up to yourself. But I don't think that Taichi is expecting any more from Inaba than he expects from himself and that he lives up to himself.

I don't think he was trying to "have it both ways" just to soothe his conscience. I think his feelings were "I'm going to hold off on intervening here because it could cause an episode for me. However, the situation might escalate even without me intervening, and if so, I want to be here for Iori in case of that eventuality." I don't think that's an unreasonable overall position. Actually, I think it's pretty balanced.

I don't think that Taichi's problem is hypocrisy. I think that his problem is that he expects too much of himself, and so when he projects such expectations unto others, he ends up expecting too much of them to.

Perhaps what Taichi will learn from this is that playing White Knight doesn't always work, and may in fact burn you out if you play that role constantly. Inaction is sometimes a better, and even more helpful, course to take than action.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:52   Link #1432
Markerlight
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Spoiler:
I hope we get some, but most series never give secondary male characters any development at all. Some good scenes this episode, especially that last one with Taichi and Inaba, but I dont think it was believable that Aoki did nothing while Inaba berated a crying Yui. Given how he reacted to the incident with Yui last episode.
__________________
"If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-hazard will always be open to you."
Markerlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:55   Link #1433
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space Battle Cruiser Gurokken
Darn it's like the StuCo peepz are commenting like crazy on the Internet in this episode. It's quite the trial and tribulations to go through with not having any self control...and daem Iori going on an outburst like that...Inner personality? She did mention how her sense of self has been in turmoil for a while now.

Also...daem, Taichi, ur reminding me of Yuuya lawl.
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:56   Link #1434
Blonto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 21
Two highlights for me: Inaban's public announcement of Yui's secrets and Aoki using "okaasan" because Inaba did the same.
So far "true desire" seems to be a mixture of general and situational desire, but more situational, so focusing all the intense emotions into something else would be a good way to calm down. I like how this episode added a number of smaller issues, such as getting an urge to stuff yourself with food, or sleeping in when you feel like it or yelling something random in public. I like that about Kokoro Connect, not every instance when the gimmick is on will be a world shattering event nor a completely irrelevant comedy/fanservice scene.
Inaba must be envious of the fact that Taichi feels such a strong need to help others, which is the opposite of hers. She uses every opportunity to bring it up as if it's something bad. She did say she hates herself for being selfish, so her way of coping with a person who's oozing with a positive quality she's lacking is to try to paint him in a negative light, a sort of a defense mechanism. I can't remember the last time I've seen a male lead show some spine against a female. Fortunately they didn't make Inaba cry like a baby, the way they dealt with that scene was pretty much perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
No, surprise here, but no Aoki development...again! I know his issues relate to Yui, but come on, I'm more interested on what he'd do if he lost control like everyone else did. Inaba did a good job calming him, but I think all it did was keeping all the emotions he has bottling up.
My hypothetical hat is still intact and uneaten. It doesn't even seem to be on the menu.
I felt this episode focused only on Taichi and Inaba. Yui is hiding home, Iori had a couple of outbursts but nothing of consequence, Aoki is...Aoki. I guess he had a couple of moments when he was serious for a change but I'd expect a more stressed attitude given his situation. This gimmick makes him the most dangerous to Yui, because he can get an uncontrollable urge any time to touch her (though I think his crazy devotion would override any attempts of rape) which would definitively be at odds with Yui's androphobia. I don't think it would be good for anyone's confidence to be seen as a monster by the girl you're obsessing over. I doubt anything will be made of it though.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:59   Link #1435
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere I can draw inspiration from
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markerlight View Post
I hope we get some, but most series never give secondary male characters any development at all. Some good scenes this episode, especially that last one with Taichi and Inaba, but I dont think it was believable that Aoki did nothing while Inaba berated a crying Yui. Given how he reacted to the incident with Yui last episode.
That could be the case. But my beef is I want to see it. I know he may have done something after Inaba had her say, but I wanted to see him do something and not it be assumed or implied (off screen).
__________________
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:01   Link #1436
AmeNoJaku
dead-pan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Work in Europe... imminent :(
I read a lot that Taichi is in danger because he wants to save people, but in fact he is in danger because he wants to sacrifice himself... several times Himeko pointed out that saving helping others is the means not the end.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:22   Link #1437
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere I can draw inspiration from
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
My hypothetical hat is still intact and uneaten. It doesn't even seem to be on the menu.
I felt this episode focused only on Taichi and Inaba. Yui is hiding home, Iori had a couple of outbursts but nothing of consequence, Aoki is...Aoki. I guess he had a couple of moments when he was serious for a change but I'd expect a more stressed attitude given his situation. This gimmick makes him the most dangerous to Yui, because he can get an uncontrollable urge any time to touch her (though I think his crazy devotion would override any attempts of rape) which would definitively be at odds with Yui's androphobia. I don't think it would be good for anyone's confidence to be seen as a monster by the girl you're obsessing over. I doubt anything will be made of it though.
Your most likely right nothing may come of it and Aoki isn't as big a perv as I thought him to be but:
Spoiler:
__________________
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:43   Link #1438
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Your most likely right nothing may come of it and Aoki isn't as big a perv as I thought him to be but:
Spoiler:
Given how he clashed head on with the cops, I wouldn't be surprised if he does. I mean anyone would at least feel more than pissed off if their love interest is being toyed with like that. Which is why losing a number for the group will be devastating in the next episode. Less people to keep each other in check, more chances of blowing up at each other. And it doesn't help that the said number also happens to be the most observant and rational member among them who can spot the slightest twitch on them.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:45   Link #1439
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I liked this ep more than I liked the last two. On a shallow level it was the absence of Heartseed airtime - I can't stand this character from both writing and believability perspectives. But on a deeper, fairer, because of the absence of Heartseed, the characters themselves were able to face and try to deal with the problems/drama themselves. They took up the matter with thier own hands rather than being forcibly puppeteered by the puppet-master, which always has made for a poor way/reason to move the plot.

Some bits did give me an eyebrow though, like the scene with Taichi's little sister trying to wake him up by mounting herself on Taichi and when Taichi got fired up when his "white knight" desire was lit, it was suggested that Iori was used as "sex bait" to awaken Taichi's dirty side. Doesn't really contrast very well considering how thick the drama (which I've always had -sort- of a problem with since it doesn't feel genuine) has been overall for this series. In other words, I've don't think Kokoro Connect's comedy presentation is very good.

Regardless, like every other week, I appreciate how the series is trying to do be more than just romcom body/personality swapping hijinks. The drama is enticing despite feeling somewhat forced and the character development, in particular of the females have been more than satisfactory. Now only if this continued by the characters themselves taking action rather being trolled into it by Mr. God.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 06:13   Link #1440
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
In other words, I've don't think Kokoro Connect's comedy presentation is very good.
Was it comedy? I think the opposite. They were serious acts within the general drama.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.