AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-01, 14:32   Link #1761
Sumeragi
Banned

Our Inaban is now reaching a breaking point, with Heartseed basically breaking through a weak point in the construction of Himeko's mental defenses. Now, with the romantic field trip coming up, will it be the coup de grâce, for our Princess? Will the world she worked so hard to preserve come crashing down, and what would happen to her?

This is what makes Kokoro Connect great: It dives right into the insecurities of youth.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 14:37   Link #1762
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Our Inaban is now reaching a breaking point, with Heartseed basically breaking through a weak point in the construction of Himeko's mental defenses. Now, with the romantic field trip coming up, will it be the coup de grâce, for our Princess? Will the world she worked so hard to preserve come crashing down, and what would happen to her?

This is what makes Kokoro Connect great: It dives right into the insecurities of youth.
I will admit this latest arc has had me on the edge of my seat. Very entertaining to say the lest.
Old 2012-09-01, 15:02   Link #1763
Blonto

I really liked this episode. It addressed some things we talked about here on the forum, such as Taichi's selfishness and Inaba's hypocrisy. It's always nice when a show confirms that what you're seeing is right, because I've lost count of the times I saw something deeper in a story, only to realize it was all in my head. Even though I disagree with the idea that all actions are selfish, it's great to see the story has a theme it wants to explore.

Ah, poor Inaba, breaking down like that. Her crush on Taichi is totally her weak spot and Heartseed seems bent on using that. As usual I really like her voice acting and how she lost her nerves when she realized Heartseed knows her little secret. Looks like Iori will find out the truth next episode and my sadistic mind is looking forward to that.
Aoki was actually in the same situation as Yui, except he always trusted himself to know his priorities. It's good that the story used that parallel to fix Yui's problem and finally get Aoki into the spotlight.

The animation is just...ARHG! These recent episodes really hurt my animator eyes. Why can't you at least get static drawings right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Most interesting part of the episode was Heartseed's comment about how he has to use Go because most other people would wonder about the gaps in their memory. Is the implication that he's the Tommy Chong of Japan? Or perhaps that as long as he's not waking up next to a dead hooker, he doesn't worry about blackouts?
Haha, yeah I also got way too interested in that line. I think it's just because Gossan is dumb like that, but the atmosphere made it sound like he has Alzheimer's or something

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-09-01 at 15:19.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 16:48   Link #1764
Zeross

blushing yui <3

this episode reconciled me with the serie. it worked very well for me, i laughted, i got interested, and when the preview showed up i was "whaaa? 20min already ? noo ! " wich generaly mean i found the episode great.

aoki got a little spotlight, his idea was hilariously stupid but made yui put on some cute faces, heartseed appearence was less annoying than before (less deaus ex machina like), and thing started moving in a natural manner.

can't wait for ep 10
Old 2012-09-01, 17:02   Link #1765
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 09:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 17:34   Link #1766
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

HandofFate

You should search for info before guessing. Second arc would end next episode. Third arc would take 3 more episodes and there would be 4 additional episodes(still unknown web+DVD/BD or DVD/BD only) with 4th arc. It was confirmed couple of weeks ago.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 19:02   Link #1767
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
HandofFate

You should search for info before guessing. Second arc would end next episode. Third arc would take 3 more episodes and there would be 4 additional episodes(still unknown web+DVD/BD or DVD/BD only) with 4th arc. It was confirmed couple of weeks ago.
I know that, still leaves room to wonder what kind of pacing pattern they're gonna do with 3rd arc with only 3 episodes.

No idea what the theme is, but with 3 episodes, it feels like it be really fast. Pretty much

episode 1: damn you Heartseed, not again!
episode 2: quick, drama
episode 3: conclusion

maybe the gimmick isn't that big a deal and its a breather gimmick for that arc.
Old 2012-09-01, 19:55   Link #1768
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

All I have to say is that Fuusenkasura (sp?) is a troll. I loved the food scene.

To all of you comedy haters, that's how comedy works. That's exactly how comedy works.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 20:19   Link #1769
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

There we go; that's the episode I've been waiting for.

Yui and Aoki finally have a really good week. More of them being useful pls.

I suspected after the end of the last arc that Heartseed's gimmicks were tailored especially for one member of the group, and his "special visit just for you" to Inaba shows that he's had not only a specific person, but a specific desire in mind all along. Or at the very least that he always intended for it to be the main event of this experiment. He didn't even need to throw her off a bridge; a simple threat was enough to show that she couldn't outsmart him just by making a show of being social, just as she did before the Cultural Research Club.

Speaking of which, I really appreciate that it's finally come to light why the stakes have seemed so unusually high for Inaba, and why she panicked so badly in episode 6. The CRC is probably the closest group of real friends she's ever had, and in her mind, she's her own worst enemy, because she believes she guards the secret that could ruin it all. As a result, she's far more insular than I realized, which explains a lot. I thought she was being ridiculous, but given her solitary past, I can finally see why everything seems like such a huge deal to her, and why she's been so frantic to "maintain" at all times.

I don't think we even need to speculate what the preview suggests. Like Inaba, all we can do is get on the bus, and await the inevitable. As Heartseed said, it's already too late to go back.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 20:47   Link #1770
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Very YES. I had been looking forward to this part of the arc and it fully met my expectations. There were several things that I thought very creative, and this contrast between "desire" and "deep desire" is one of them. At the start of the arc when we find out about this "unleashing of desires," there were many ways the story could've gone wrong and turn into a light hearted comedy at best, but when Aoki and Taichi points out how Yui will never truly "desire" to hurt someone, I thought that was really clever.

And speaking of Aoki, this was truly his moment to shine. Even though he botched it several times (the author just can't let him, it seems), but his straightforward declaration of love, dedication, his "desire" to never do anything that'll hurt her, was absolutely fantastic.
Old 2012-09-01, 21:05   Link #1771
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Ah what a great episode. Nice job Aoki, helping Yui the way he did was awesome. Loved that food scene especially with the sound in Taichi's mind sounding so serious LMAO

That preview!
Can't..wait..for next week!!!
He did not have the deductive ability to resolve any incident from his easy chair.
He did not have the beauty to ruin a country with a smile.
He did not have the political power to change history with a snap of his fingers.
He did not have the unbelievable power of a Level 5.
But…
Nevertheless… -

Last edited by Kenju of the Right; 2012-09-01 at 21:18.
Kenju of the Right is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 23:26   Link #1772
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Is it bad that consistently, my favorite part of each episode is the preview? Just string all the previews together once the series is over and I'd say you have a VERY entertaining experience...

Next week should be epic though!
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 23:29   Link #1773
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Firstly, man is Aoki one joke of a character. This was effectively his version of "I fap to you" when he went to Yui's house to try to get her to break out of his shell. I understand the intent in that it's trying to lighten the mood, but the execution was... juvenile and unfunny. "I have perverted thoughts about you nonstop!", "Let's go to Love Hotel".

It just further proves that the series is very poor when doing comedy. Take the scene with all the food in the clubroom for another when the casts's "desire" to eat was unleashed. Aoki being pathetic and Yui abusing him physically again (foot on face), whilst Taichi is trying to fend off a hungry Iori from a sandwich he took a bite from... which failed regardless. It's mood whiplash and it's really distracting let alone being unfunny.

Fortunately, the episode was somewhat salvaged at the end with Heartseed x Inaba interaction. I do admit that when Heartseed first appeared I groaned, but to my surprise he didn't do anything questionable. He was effectively telling Inaba to get out of her shell and thus threatening her to take things in her own hands before he took action himself. This is exactly why I've been liking this arc significantly more than the previous one. Instead of "taking bodies over" and "jumping them off a bridge", the cast in this arc are taking matters in their own hands and acting in their own accord to prevent Heartseed doing so. In other words, they are trying to "outsmart" him. Unfortunately, Heartseed is not taking the bait so incoming more [melo]drama in future episodes.

Overall, lacklustre episode, but saved due to the last 5 or so minutes.
Old 2012-09-02, 00:39   Link #1774
jandkas

Wait, so for the last 4 episode, they aren't going to come out in the official tv, but only in some other places?
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 00:40   Link #1775
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
Wait, so for the last 4 episode, they aren't going to come out in the official tv, but only in some other places?
BD/dvd and stream-online.

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 01:32   Link #1776
shakeofinfinity
Learning the Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Inaba in an one-piece swimsuit = Absolute Win

Seriously, she looks totally elegant and attractive there.

The other two girls look good too! I'm a bit shocked to find myself writing this, but Kokoro Connect could use a lighthearted Beach Episode, lol!

Totally agreed. They should spare one fan service episode to break away from all the seriousness. NEED MORE FAN SERVICE
Old 2012-09-02, 01:51   Link #1777
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Did anyone notice the flowers on Himiko's computer screen? I think she was googling about heartseed.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:10   Link #1778
Arya

Nice episode. The show proved me wrong about Taichi and about the club, I mean, he came back to be the good boy and everything.

Anyways, this was a very good preparatory episode for the next and conclusive one. Iori ended up not doing much, so given the preview she will come out again I hope.
I enjoyed Yui's resolution, thanks to her and how she was cute and all, but sincerely the comedy, that I found even funny for the most part, they put in Aoki's part ruined the efforts to make him growing as a character Instead the party didn't work for me comedy-wise, but it did drama-wise, I was already thinking to my poor Inaba. To be honest I was thinking about her from the first moment they decided that Iori should have gone to her to make up instead of Taichi ... They keep doing this, making Taichi ignoring Inaba I mean.
So now I'm really looking forward for the next episode
Will we see Yui and Aoki again?

On a side note I'm starting to think that the grabbing hands in the OP are Inaba's and Iori's. Looking even to the ED.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:20   Link #1779
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

I'm so glad Yui's finally outta her fuckin room and going to school. Now the real shit to focus on in the next episode: that possible love triangle. Can't wait.
Old 2012-09-02, 07:27   Link #1780
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Shit! Can't wait for the love triangle arc(If it is). However, even though i said that this arc is getting better than the first one, i like the ending of the first arc better.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life