AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-09, 02:50   Link #1901
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
It's clear that this ep generated a starkly divided reaction in the audience, and that's fine - people will react to fiction in their own way. For me, one of KC's trip-wires is that it can degrade into presenting drama that seems very manufactured - the needs of the plot push the emotions of the characters, instead of the other way around. I felt it very strongly in episode 4, and I felt it equally this week.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:52   Link #1902
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
All of which I believe is based on not watching the series properly. Any other reasons?
Just like I don't appreciate being fed forced drama and expect me to care about it, I also don't appreciate people telling me how to watch a show... I very much know what this episode was aiming for, and it didn't work on me and some other people. We all have opinions don't we? -_-'
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:52   Link #1903
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's clear that this ep generated a starkly divided reaction in the audience,
Hasn't that been the case for every episode ?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:58   Link #1904
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
In summary, I don't like how the gang is trying to maintain the status quo despite conflicts of romantic interests being laid out on the table. When a "loser" of a romantic struggle is told straight out he/she lost, you don't just stick around thinking everything is okay, tag along and laugh off. I donno... maybe it's because I've been involved in friendship groups that does that kind of stuff and it's just infuriating. Granted Heartseed isn't helping it, but don't pretend everything is suddenly okay now. It's exactly what happened in Aquarion EVOL and a large number of people were pissed off at it, including me.

And talking about Heartseed, his trolling / forcing drama shows no ends which I've hated since he was introduced. Worst plot device character this year. It isn't surprising where the episodes he isn't involved are usually the best episodes, though the exception is the previous episode which I thought his involvement for the first time was actually beneficial.
i find ironic reading your argument and then looking at your avatar and signature.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:58   Link #1905
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
There is a difference between Kokoro Connect not being one's cup of tea and missing the mark on understanding what is going on. Guardian Enzo is mostly of the former, and Pocari Sweat is mostly of the latter.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:59   Link #1906
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Sawashiro Miyuki just cements her place as a godly seiyuu.
Absolutely this. That was a brilliant performance from start to finish.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:00   Link #1907
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hasn't that been the case for every episode ?
Actually, no - not nearly to the extent this ep seems to have.

I don't especially care for someone being told "you're watching a show wrong", FWIW. The implication is "The only right way to watch (and think) is the way I do."
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:12   Link #1908
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Actually, no - not nearly to the extent this ep seems to have.

I don't especially care for someone being told "you're watching a show wrong", FWIW. The implication is "The only right way to watch (and think) is the way I do."
This.

It's annoys me to no end, how if someone else watches a show differently from another person and ends up not liking it, they decide to gang bang that person... even resorting to personal attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i find ironic reading your argument and then looking at your avatar and signature.
And the personal attacks start...

Let me quote you something I posted:

Quote:
It's because my fears became true and KC has indeed decided to go for the overused love triangle "let's fight over the protagonist" route. The premise isn't bad per se, as I've liked plenty of love triangle premises but the way it's presented is just infuriating to me.
Which means I do like some love triangle premises if they are done well. Your "accused" series seemed to be one of the very few series that happened to focus on how devastating it was for the loser and it remained that way. No convenient, "let's all get along now!" cop-out. I happened to like all the characters minus a certain pointless girl, and my like for the series happened to me more than mere "shipping", which also happened to be a main reason why some people hated that series. Their view really, and I'm not gonna go lecturing them "how to watch said series". You can try again with a proper argument other than an ad hominen attack.
__________________

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-09-09 at 03:30.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:18   Link #1909
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
The problem is, there is no true love triangle due to Iori's inherent problem concerning who she is. Was the Iori that liked Taichi and who was liked by Taichi both the same Iroi? Was that even the real Iori? The fundamental problem means there is no firm link between the supposedly like and actual like, unlike the case of Inaban towards Taichi. Missing this important detail ultimately corrupts how one understands the supposed love triangle.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:27   Link #1910
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The problem is, there is no true love triangle due to Iori's inherent problem concerning who she is. Was the Iori that liked Taichi and who was liked by Taichi both the same Iroi? Was that even the real Iori? The fundamental problem means there is no firm link between the supposedly like and actual like, unlike the case of Inaban towards Taichi. Missing this important detail ultimately corrupts how one understands the supposed love triangle.
Which is another problem in this series. Sometimes it's very hard to differentiate when it's the actual person expressing or if it's due to some "external" factors. Half the time it's just completely random. It was especially a problem in the body swapping arc when half the time bodies were switched "for the hell of it" without much reasoning to why. Thankfully, this "unleashing desire" arc has been much better in that regard in that it's the desire that's the strongest at that point of time that's unleashed, but even then it's sometimes a problem.

I sound like if I'm hating Kokoro Connect, which is very much false. I appreciate KC is trying to be more ambitious than a typical SoL/drama anime, but to me it very much lacks edge, finesse and genuinity (it often feels like this anime is "trying too hard") at times like this episode.
__________________

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-09-09 at 03:40.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:30   Link #1911
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
@Pocari_Sweat:
im not attacking you directly, my point is that almost everything youre saying that ruined this for you, are aspects you can find in true tears, surely you dont have to like KC for that reason, im ok if your reason for not liking it is: "just because", there are flavors for any taste, i just find ironic your arguments noting your avatar and signature.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:32   Link #1912
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
@Pocari_Sweat:
im not attacking you directly, my point is that almost everything youre saying that ruined this for you, are aspects you can find in true tears, surely you dont have to like KC for that reason, im ok if your reason for not liking it is: "just because", there are flavors for any taste, i just find ironic your arguments noting your avatar and signature.
And was there a point to even bring up my sig/avatar in regards to KC. Because to me all I see is a ulterior motive for bringing it up because it wasn't called for.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:57   Link #1913
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
And was there a point to even bring up my sig/avatar in regards to KC. Because to me all I see is a ulterior motive for bringing it up because it wasn't called for.
my bad if my assumption of you liking that series for your avatar was wrong, its just that every point you said for not liking this episode, like the lack of exposure or the love feelings between firnds trying to keep the status quo, are things present in both series, wich if you indeed like TT; i find ironic.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:08   Link #1914
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
theeenn... we got a conclusion of Kizu Random....

I love how my prediction turn to be right.... Taichi isn't the one who solved Inaba's problem
I like how Iori challenge Inaba to compete for winning Taichi...
and of course I like Heartseed's trolling...

but Iori.... you should do more improvement... not by calling Taichi every night but more...
can you see how Inaba already stole two kisses (although the first one should be yours)??!!!
You're left behind!!! oh nooo!!!

I wonder if after the third arc there will be another addition in Taichi's harem??
oh please! not another harem anime... ^^ Two is enough!!
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list

Last edited by ~Yami~; 2012-09-09 at 04:20.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:11   Link #1915
Blonto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 21
I'm fine with Taichi's development, since so far since I'd say only Iori and Inaba have the chance of truly developing as characters. The others seem stuck in their respective archetypes which, although well done, are still very limiting.
As for Inaba crying, I didn't mind. I thought it went on for too long, but I get that she was pretty darn emotional at that time and another strong emotion, even if it was relief, easily sent her over the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Like I and Blonto touched on previously (albeit about Iori's own words), it weakens Taichi's and Iori's relationship for the sole reason of allowing Inaba in. Why say 'right now'? If Iori died, would he just move on to Inaba straight away? It cheapens the relationship.
I don't get why Taichi couldn't just say the truth: he's taken and not interested. It's fine if he has a change of heart, but basically saying "I like another girl, but I miiight like you some day" is both giving Inaba enough hope to keep chasing him and cheapening what he has with Iori. It makes him seem like he's keeping Inaba as the second option in case things don't work out with Iori. It's the kind of indecisiveness that's so characteristic of male leads that it annoys the hell out of me. Not to mention the usual harem cliche of girls entering a "gentlemanly" duel over a guy, while still remaining friends. These are annoying defense mechanisms that developed to prevent fanservice series from having any sort of actual conflict and needless to say, they don't work well here.

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-09-09 at 04:48.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:13   Link #1916
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
It goes back to the "who is the real Iori?" problem, which I wrote about a bit a few posts up.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:16   Link #1917
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
I don't get why Taichi couldn't just say the truth: he's taken and not interested. It's fine if he has a change of heart, but basically saying "I like another girl, but I miiight like you some day" is both giving Inaba enough hope to keep chasing him and cheapening what he has with Iori. It's the kind of indecisiveness that's so characteristic of male leads that it annoys the hell out of me. Not to mention the usual harem cliche of girls entering a "gentlemanly" duel over a guy, while still remaining friends. These are annoying defense mechanisms that developed to prevent fanservice series from having any sort of actual conflict and needless to say, it doesn't work well here.
How is that indecisive? Inaba called him out on a technicality, one that he probably didn't say intentionally.

Aside from that he was very clear that he likes Iori.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:16   Link #1918
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
I don't get why Taichi couldn't just say the truth: he's taken and not interested. It's fine if he has a change of heart, but basically saying "I like another girl, but I miiight like you some day" is both giving Inaba enough hope to keep chasing him and cheapening what he has with Iori. It's the kind of indecisiveness that's so characteristic of male leads that it annoys the hell out of me. Not to mention the usual harem cliche of girls entering a "gentlemanly" duel over a guy, while still remaining friends. These are annoying defense mechanisms that developed to prevent fanservice series from having any sort of actual conflict and needless to say, it doesn't work well here.
Exactly. Seriously, when someone is rejected, it's impossible to stay as good friends as before and maintain the status quo. You don't just halfass a relationship then go to a rebound if things fails, and you especially don't say that to another's face. That's just harsh and cruel. More male harem-esque indecisive nonsense.


I forgot to mention this but an above poster reminded me. Aoki is still being portrayed as a joke character and Yui hasn't gotten much spotlight in recent episodes though I don't mind as much as her "arc/problems" did come in the earlier eps. Might be due soon actually. But god, someone give Aoki some damn character development .
__________________

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-09-09 at 04:29.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:19   Link #1919
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
It's not impossible, especially when one side has massive identity issues.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:31   Link #1920
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
You can clearly see iori its not allrigth with this fiendly competition, but told inaba otherwise, and in inaba case you can also clearly see she wasn't ok with liking taichi while beign friends with them, she just took the chance that iori gave her, since she dont have other firends and he is a person that dont make them easily, she just had to went with the flow.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.