AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 112 60.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 11.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.54%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-29, 20:31   Link #61
hero147

Dammit. I have to wait another week....This sucks, they should just air the whole thing back-to-back.
hero147 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 20:32   Link #62
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Hmm.. I thought he was only suggesting a name, since I did not know that Bluebeard had any magic to be considered a castor, and that his real identity would be revealed later.
have you try looking up the legend behind blue beard?
Old 2011-10-29, 20:57   Link #63
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
have you try looking up the legend behind blue beard?
I did, and from what I found, he is similar to a Jack the Ripper. Hence, not caster, but just serial killer.
Old 2011-10-29, 21:01   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

I must have been playing too much Gears of War because when he started sprouting those tendrils before charging I went - "LAMBENT BERSERKER !!!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 21:01   Link #65
Randomzx

Quote:
I did, and from what I found, he is similar to a Jack the Ripper. Hence, not caster, but just serial killer.
Wikipedia actually have two entires for "Bluebeard", one for the legend born of the person that held that nickname, and one for the actual historical figures with that title. Guess which one you were suppose to look up?
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 21:07   Link #66
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
there was a reason why i had "legend behind" bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomzx View Post
Wikipedia actually have two entires for "Bluebeard", one for the legend born of the person that held that nickname, and one for the actual historical figures with that title. Guess which one you were suppose to look up?
even the entry for the novel had the info he was looking for, except i don't think he recognize it.
Old 2011-10-29, 21:16   Link #67
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Am I the only one who finds it odd that after Berserker so brilliantly fended off Archer, he got so easily roflstomped by Rider?

Still, this episode continues the exceptionally high quality of the series. I cannot really ask for more.
well because Berserker's ability hard-counters Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon

Whereas his ability to make stuff his Noble Phantasm doesn't work against Rider's pimpmobile so he couldnt just take over it and use it.

I'm guessing that as long as the original user of the Noble phantasm is still present or at least "touching" their Noble Phantasm Berserker cannot take it over (otherwise he could have just taken over Rider's Chariot when he got hit by it)

That also explains why Berserker can do that to Gate of Babylon weapons. Gilgamesh was always said to not be the "wielder" of the weapons, but merely their "owner"

Loved the entirety of the Berserker vs Gilgamesh fight. Was simply orgasmic
Old 2011-10-29, 21:19   Link #68
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's highly unlikely for Berserker to be Mordred though, considering that we know...

For all intents and purposes, Mordred was essentially 'Saber' with a flatter chest and a manhood. Plus Mordred wore silver armour.

On the other hand, the ED clearly showed that Berserker unmasked has long hair.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 21:31   Link #69
Lumir

OH MY! Talk about epic. I can see how this is all building up for some serious drama. On top of that poor lancer! His PRIDE was nearly DESTROYED. Rider has to be one of the most BOSS hero's ever.

Anyone else feel refreshed to see gilgamesh get so flustered? Hes always to proud for being the first king and owning all the original noble phantasms but this was just pure gold! And that berserker! Who could he be? I thought the berserker from FSN was pretty crazy, but this one tops even HIM!
Old 2011-10-29, 21:35   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's highly unlikely for Berserker to be Mordred though, considering that we know...

For all intents and purposes, Mordred was essentially 'Saber' with a flatter chest and a manhood. Plus Mordred wore silver armour.

On the other hand, the ED clearly showed that Berserker unmasked has long hair.
The Black Knight

he is still holding a grudge over those "Scratches"
Old 2011-10-29, 21:41   Link #71
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomzx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
there was a reason why i had "legend behind" bold.

even the entry for the novel had the info he was looking for, except i don't think he recognize it.
I did look up the Wikipedia source as one of the sites I visited, and it also had Fate/Zero reference in it. However, all the material that I read indicates that he is a serial killer, not a magician. The only magical thing in the whole story is the magic key.
Old 2011-10-29, 21:44   Link #72
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My one complaint about this episode is that the way this mass meeting of Servants went down felt a little too slick and smooth to me. A bit artificial perhaps. It honestly made me think of something straight out of the mind of the WWE's Vince McMahon.

You even now have set "faces" acting honorably: Saber, Rider, Lancer

Set "heels" acting not so honorably: Gilgamesh, Caster, Assassin

And Berserker as an insane "tweener" led by a master going slowly insane, but who has sacrificed himself for a genuinely admirable purpose.

As a big pro wrestling fan, you'd think that I'd like it, but here, given the stakes involved, it seems a bit off. Saber seems to be the one most focused here, keeping her eye on the main objective, while the others seem to be placing secondary objectives ahead of the main objective of winning the Holy Grail. I suppose this adds some dynamism and flavor to the overall narrative, but it also takes a little bit of seriousness away from the core competition itself.

Still, this was very well-written dialogue given the plot direction chose here, and the action scenes were excellent. It did a good job of showcasing just about the entire cast, I think.

9/10 for Episode 5.
Old 2011-10-29, 21:45   Link #73
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
I did look up the Wikipedia source as one of the sites I visited, and it also had Fate/Zero reference in it. However, all the material that I read indicates that he is a serial killer, not a magician. The only magical thing in the whole story is the magic key.
I will pm you the source material.
Old 2011-10-29, 22:20   Link #74
rpgman1

Gotta handed to Rider to be fair and honorable, but he sure likes to boast. Reminds me of Kamina from TTGL. Poor Archer, Berserker really is powerful albeit insane. Using the Gate of Babylon against Archer. Of course, Berserker has a fixation on Saber. Looks like none of the Servants are fitting for their Masters besides Berserker. His Master is mad, but he has a purpose. Saber seems genuine anyway about her objective.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 22:35   Link #75
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
well in Fate Apocrypha, Jack was genderswapped much liek Saber and is of the Assassin class.

Moderators Note: Fantastic! Please keep it to yourself.

Last edited by monir; 2011-10-29 at 23:33.
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:13   Link #76
Allium

Great episode. Finally feels like everything's picking up pace. Berserker practically takes the spotlight of the 20 minutes. The CG looked edgy at first, but when the action scenes came - woah. It was nice to see all the "rivalries" beginning to flesh out, e.g. Kariya and Tokiomi, Kayneth and Waver.

Kariya, though, seems to have started losing his mind already. And, um...seems like Saber's pretty popular around here..."My holy virgin maiden!"

Animation and music, still going great.

On the other hand, what was with:
Spoiler for lol:

Anyway, 9/10.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:19   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
First half of this weeks Hype/Zero was some more talking shit at each other and analyzing the crap out of everything again, which is honestly starting to wear a little thin on me as genuinely entertaining at this point, though Iskander is still good and reminds me of legendary ham actor Brian Blessed a bit. I really don't think it could hurt this shows excitement factor for me though to have things start to move a little faster and for the characters to show just a hint more personality. Like this shouldn't be quite this draggy I don't think, but eh...at least the CG is solid again and the teacher meeting up with Waver and basically getting shown up a bit for being a coward was a highlight and there's some potential character drama there once we finally get down to that sort of thing whenever that is going to be. Gilgamesh though is coming off as a bit one note again like he did in F/SN after being a little less over the top in his previous introductions.

As a pure action showcase the second half was rock solid for a bit, but again a little thin on the character and plot side of things that would allow me to care all that much about what is going on. So far it's a lot of jargon, a lot of smack talk and a lot of flashing between various characters, all done at a fairly slow pace and in a way that comes off as kind of cold and emotionally uninvolving. As a result this is sort of sliding into that same popcorn entertainment category that Guilty Crown currently occupies for me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if the action keeps up I suppose. I just kind of expected more involvement in this story and cast five episodes in (aside from Iskander who is still just boss) given just how hyped this show has been. Maybe I have to have read the Visual Novel to get into the characters and storyline or something, who the hell knows.

Anyway I guess it's onto more cold soulless fighting with cold soulless characters (again minus Irisviel, Waver and Iskander who are still the only ones I really care about or like so far) next week with some more smack talk, analysis from the sidelines, and Type Moon jargon that I'm still largely unclear on since that seems to be the definitive formula for this show about halfway through this first cour.

So yeah, weakest episode for me so far, but still a net good one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:21   Link #78
Jean Claymore
Former #9

[snip]

Damn... The very first time I've ever felt 24min of one episode was this short. Berserker was a pure win this time... (although knew what would've happened) Was kinda expecting Berserker to beat the s**t out of Rider even being hit by his NP. Can't wait for his next move though

Anyways, I didn't really notice Rider's so called proud and swordmanship (like the one Saber has) 'til now nor was I very sympathetic to him, but I think I got a slight liking onto him somehow

Last edited by monir; 2011-10-29 at 23:44. Reason: quoted post and LN discussion removed
Jean Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:25   Link #79
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

That was ridiculous. CG Berserker takes some getting used to, but I do like that it sets him apart and the smoke works good with the CG.

I agree with Rider, wish Waver would man up... I think he does. But Rider was awesome, I loved how he offered to conquer the world and make them his subjects, hilarious.

I was shocked when Lancer's Master told him to attack Saber. That guy is hardcore.

And damn Saber is popular with everyone! And I thought it was just the fans.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:35   Link #80
dark998

Probably the best episode so far, I really enjoyed Berserker countering Gate of Babylon so easily and stomping Gilgamesh's pride. Well deserved.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote