AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-11, 23:26   Link #3961
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Girls in Kamito's team aren't weak, but they are outclassed by "The Male protagonist."

As many authors learned the hardway (Most notably Rosario-Vampire, and in a certain way, Card Captor Sakura-manga), it is very hard to sell powerful heroines in a male-centric publish environment.

Only time when the girls can act clearly and not as support cast is when Kamito is not around~
Ask yourself this:

How do you respond to seeing a "damsel in distress"?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 01:08   Link #3962
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Ask yourself this:

How do you respond to seeing a "damsel in distress"?
Smile because it's my yuetsu.

Of course, I'll save them.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 02:48   Link #3963
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

[QUOTE=ta2666;4587409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I guess people at Ragna Y would have stopped the tournament and had Rubia arrested if they saw her face on the screen.[/.

Wouldn't it offend the elemental lords if they stopped the tournament.
Does it not offend the elemental lords more if someone who has stolen things from them is allowed to walk free and desecrate their tournament?
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 03:03   Link #3964
sandhy88
Faithfull Reader

[QUOTE=darthfanta;4587595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post

Does it not offend the elemental lords more if someone who has stolen things from them is allowed to walk free and desecrate their tournament?
Actually, Rubia not just stole Leviathan. After she stole it, she attack the Fire Shrine. We see that even knight elementalist cannot stop her so i assume that Asheria Idriss already awaken. After that, Fianna tried to stop her but cannot. And Rubia continue to the deepest shrine.

We don't know what happen next. Is she met with Fire Elemental Lord or what? What I confident that Fire Elemental Lord got angry because of Rubia's betrayal. Not because she stole Leviathan.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:15   Link #3965
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
We don't know what happen next. Is she met with Fire Elemental Lord or what? What I confident that Fire Elemental Lord got angry because of Rubia's betrayal. Not because she stole Leviathan.
Just a quick correction, it wasn't Leviathan, the spirit she stole was Laevatein.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:53   Link #3966
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Girls in Kamito's team aren't weak, but they are outclassed by "The Male protagonist."

As many authors learned the hardway (Most notably Rosario-Vampire, and in a certain way, Card Captor Sakura-manga), it is very hard to sell powerful heroines in a male-centric publish environment.

Only time when the girls can act clearly and not as support cast is when Kamito is not around~
ı didn't mean that except one of them all elementalist are girls. ı can accept girls are weaker than male lead and ace level participants yet they seem weaker than most girls in other teams. ı think four gods are a lot stronger than team scarlet if Kamito wasn't there. what ı am saying 4 girls in Kamito's team isn't at the level of Lily who is the weakest in Team inferno. some have skill but not enough power some has power but not enough skill. alhough main character is strong it is not that interesting without powerful people with him. it would be good that there were a powerful male rival or team mate. yet all powerful characters have to be girls

if girls are going to become damsels in distress. then let someone kidnap all the girls and turn this into Kamito's struggle to save girls.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:14   Link #3967
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
ı didn't mean that except one of them all elementalist are girls. ı can accept girls are weaker than male lead and ace level participants yet they seem weaker than most girls in other teams. ı think four gods are a lot stronger than team scarlet if Kamito wasn't there. what ı am saying 4 girls in Kamito's team isn't at the level of Lily who is the weakest in Team inferno. some have skill but not enough power some has power but not enough skill. alhough main character is strong it is not that interesting without powerful people with him. it would be good that there were a powerful male rival or team mate. yet all powerful characters have to be girls

if girls are going to become damsels in distress. then let someone kidnap all the girls and turn this into Kamito's struggle to save girls.
I'd join Team Scarlet any time over Team Inferno if I participated in the tournament. Team Inferno doesn't give thing about team work and this is why they were defeated at the end.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 04:35   Link #3968
erdii

well then tell me a team that they can defeat without Kamito. don't cound their ace if you want
Old 2013-03-12, 04:39   Link #3969
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well then tell me a team that they can defeat without Kamito. don't cound their ace if you want
Team Wyvern from the same Academy?
But yes, individually they seem to be lower tier compared to other competitors, though you have to remember that mostly tournament favourites go against Team Scarlet (Four Gods, Draconia team, Team Inferno). I'd say those three teams would also steamroll through other medicore teams in the tournament (Nepenthes Lore and Restia says all).
Old 2013-03-12, 04:44   Link #3970
erdii

we don't even now that.they were second ranked team. we don't know their power level as the one defeated them was nephenthes lore. and nephenthes lore defeated Dracunia's team single headedly. they would definitely defeat Team wyvern with Kamito but without him no one knows
Old 2013-03-12, 04:44   Link #3971
ImperialFlameGod8190

the fact is with the exception of Kamito the girls are all pretty weak without Kamito they wouldn't have beaten all the opponents granted they wouldn't be a team without Kamito.
EDIT: the fact is they might as well called it Team Kamito. The fact is the girls have been dominated for the most part and really if it weren't for the fact they retreated the Dragon Knights would've destroyed Team Scarlet and because of his energy level Kamito himself
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 05:11   Link #3972
Seitsuki
Onee!

The way I see it, Kamito is like the super ultra OP dps+aggro and the other girls are just around to heal and buff and CC and shit.
Old 2013-03-12, 05:23   Link #3973
sandhy88
Faithfull Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the fact is with the exception of Kamito the girls are all pretty weak without Kamito they wouldn't have beaten all the opponents granted they wouldn't be a team without Kamito.
EDIT: the fact is they might as well called it Team Kamito. The fact is the girls have been dominated for the most part and really if it weren't for the fact they retreated the Dragon Knights would've destroyed Team Scarlet and because of his energy level Kamito himself
LOL! Normally the Team leader are their Ace. Like Dragonia and Inferno. But if it change to Kamito as leader, there will be a new rumor "Kazehaya Kamito force 4 pure maidens as his teammate with his Demon King of the Night"

I want the girl to not depend with Kamito so much. They already got experience and can cooperative well with their comrade (compare with the 3 vol at the beginning). But as individual are not.
I hope they will fall to despair and overcome it to become stronger. As a proof Fianna that had 2 times experienced (first at the cave and she got her spirit back and the second also at the cave and she got her elemental waffle). Now Claire that fallen to despair. And Rinslet will be the lost of her sister's spirit Fenrir. But, what about Ellis? Is she will fall to despair as she was so useless and weak?
Old 2013-03-12, 05:52   Link #3974
ImperialFlameGod8190

@Sandy
The girls cant cooperate at all as far as im concerned. the fact is the only thing they can agree on is they want Kamito to bang them. The fact is Kamito is the Issei of Blade Dance in that if something happens to him the whole team falls apart. Each of them is fighting for an individual reason. Claire, Rinslet, and Ellis are all fighting for their sisters sakes. Fianna seems to be fighting for Kamito and Kamito well he's fighting for Restia.
Old 2013-03-12, 05:57   Link #3975
Algester

Quote:
@Sandy
The girls cant cooperate at all as far as im concerned. the fact is the only thing they can agree on is they want Kamito to bang them. The fact is Kamito is the Issei of Blade Dance in that if something happens to him the whole team falls apart. Each of them is fighting for an individual reason. Claire, Rinslet, and Ellis are all fighting for their sisters sakes. Fianna seems to be fighting for Kamito and Kamito well he's fighting for Restia.
your forgetting his soon to be wish for Est man... but now he has Restia so now he has to fulfill Restia's wish you know... your wrong on the account of Clair fighting for her sister though, shes fighting to bring back the honor of her Family, Rinslet is indeed fighting for her Judia, Ellis hmm more or less just to make her Valestaria proud, Fianna is fighting her worth back not as a [Lost Queen] and at the same time to get laid with Kamito... Kamito well he has to fulfill his parts for his 2 sword spirit girls....
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 06:12   Link #3976
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
your forgetting his soon to be wish for Est man... but now he has Restia so now he has to fulfill Restia's wish you know... your wrong on the account of Clair fighting for her sister though, shes fighting to bring back the honor of her Family, Rinslet is indeed fighting for her Judia, Ellis hmm more or less just to make her Valestaria proud, Fianna is fighting her worth back not as a [Lost Queen] and at the same time to get laid with Kamito... Kamito well he has to fulfill his parts for his 2 sword spirit girls....
Fianna would disagree
Quote:
"Claire... She came here precisely for the sake of meeting you!"
Although the honor part is there also
Old 2013-03-12, 06:18   Link #3977
sandhy88
Faithfull Reader

Quote:
@Sandy
Do not equate Kamito with Issei that his though only has breast.
What I mean are their team work. If we see the first 3 vol, their team work much more cooperative. And if something happen with Kamito or one of their team member, they will immediately save them and resolve the matter.
Don't degrade Seirei Tsukai to DxD level! You got the wrong tread my friend!!!
indeed that they have individual object. But to achieve it, they will team up with another and it will not hindering their friendship.

Last edited by sandhy88; 2013-03-12 at 07:38.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 07:29   Link #3978
backbone
Banned

Quick point : Weak harem lead simply not suitable for this kind of story

Imagine if harem lead in this kind of story (well, it's not like this story is my cup of tea though), was Love Hina's Keitaro/Oh my Goddess' Keiichi wuss-tier, it would be pain to watch. After all, good harem leads always expected to be able to adapt on every situation, this is why we always get "donkan/wimp" MC on slice of life harem romcom (since nothing incredible happen on such story, what would you expect from him?), and "strong/action-type" MC in action-based harem story (with few ecxeptions), in order to make the plot progress much further since he's the one who have strongest connection with the heroine (whom, of course, are action heroines)
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 09:32   Link #3979
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
@Sandy
The girls cant cooperate at all as far as im concerned. the fact is the only thing they can agree on is they want Kamito to bang them
You forgot they manage to beat Velstria, the school's ace that was feared by other nations. If she didn't use a cursed armament it would had been their win.

And Claire already to show herself to be on par with Rubia. (At least vs that shapeshifter girl)

In the fight with 4 Gods, if I recall Kamito only fought one of them and the other was a 4v4.

It is just once Kamito show up, they all take the back seat and buff/off tank/heal. It would be nice later to have a role reversal where Kamito tank the mob and the girls killthe boss, rather than the girls tank the mob and Kamito kill the boss.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 09:39   Link #3980
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Do not equate Kamito with Issei that his though only has breast.
What I mean are their team work. If we see the first 3 vol, their team work much more cooperative. And if something happen with Kamito or one of their team member, they will immediately save them and resolve the matter.
Don't degrade Seirei Tsukai to DxD level! You got the wrong tread my friend!!!
indeed that they have individual object. But to achieve it, they will team up with another and it will not hindering their friendship.
well you make sound like the only team fighting as a team is team scarlet. in terms of team work leonora's team would be first. a good team work doesn't mean weak people gathering together to be strong. strong people's team work is always better. if members of team inferno had the same objective they would totaly be unbeatable. ı mean but rubia and muir together with lily supporting them. what would happen think it by yourselves

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural