AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 03:11   Link #4681
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuruk View Post
Hard to believe she's so unpopular. She has an interesting background, is absolutely cute, even likes light novels, she has a whip , and as far as I can judge the right ambitions.
thats what I think too but they prefer Est or Restia,oh well thats their taste so it cant be helped
Old 2013-07-02, 03:18   Link #4682
ImperialFlameGod8190

people don't like Claire because she's into that nasty trope that louise from ZNT and shana from Shakugan no Shana fall into. They're tsundere's who deny their feelings and not only that use violence against the one they like which makes them extremely annoying.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 03:34   Link #4683
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I just hope restia stays with him now, itd suck if shes just runs away now after all this time
Old 2013-07-02, 04:37   Link #4684
ImperialFlameGod8190

I agree that wouldn't be very fun but for some reason I predict a rubia kiss is in the works and amazingly I think somehow dame luminaris will fall for kamito also.
Old 2013-07-02, 05:19   Link #4685
erdii

Quote:
Hard to believe she's so unpopular. She has an interesting background, is absolutely cute, even likes light novels, she has a whip , and as far as I can judge the right ambitions.
well that interesting background is what makes her annoying. from start it says she is the end girl, and her annoying cryings, outbursts add to this.I mean the only girl who had proper background is Claire and she is main female, then they add pitiful character to her. we don't get to see other characters as much as her. for me as an Est fan she steals Est's place and time.

Actually ı find it hard to believe that she is that popular. (by the way I have to say I fed up with Louise, Aria and so on, and venting my anger on Claire who is the same as them, so don't get too offended )
Old 2013-07-02, 06:47   Link #4686
MeganeShounen
The Rebirth

So about Claire's popularity...

It's not that she's unpopular. It's just that everyone else is more popular than her.
In fact, I'd like to see even more of the supporting cast like Millia or even Ellis's older sister.

Though not counting too much on the latter, as she's currently in prison and her ability to use spirits is effectively shot due to her Cursed Seal usage.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 06:51   Link #4687
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

well people really hate that character types but I don't and in fact I also like Shana,Louise and Aria,so maybe I'm an M? LoL
Old 2013-07-02, 07:24   Link #4688
alviam099

You just got some S buddies in your post buddy.

Quote:
I just hope restia stays with him now, itd suck if shes just runs away now after all this time
I don't think that she'd run away now, nothing's holding her back anymore, she isn't Ren Ashdoll's vessel now.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 07:34   Link #4689
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Though not counting too much on the latter, as she's currently in prison and her ability to use spirits is effectively shot due to her Cursed Seal usage.
Yea, she was interesting too, I pitied her for going to jail, and kinda expected them to let her run before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
well people really hate that character types but I don't and in fact I also like Shana,Louise and Aria,so maybe I'm an M? LoL
So do I. Except for Louise, but I only read the first half of the manga there, and for me, manga have conveyed the wrong impression before. Got to put that on my list now. Heh.

Edit: Louise. Not Shana. Shana was great!
Old 2013-07-02, 11:14   Link #4690
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
I'm actually with you on this. Basically everyone went "OMG it's Louise" (Hey, that rhymes) and started buying stakes and garlic spray. However, there are some major differences between Louise and Claire.
  • Claire has a much better reason to be a little brat.
  • Her dere side comes out much easier.
  • She actually admits it when she does wrong
  • Kamito doesn't have a slavish adoration to her for no reason, but they actually develop a bond over the course of the story
  • She's a masochist, and gets teased all over the place by Kamito
Old 2013-07-02, 12:20   Link #4691
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm actually with you on this. Basically everyone went "OMG it's Louise" (Hey, that rhymes) and started buying stakes and garlic spray. However, there are some major differences between Louise and Claire.
  • Claire has a much better reason to be a little brat.
  • Her dere side comes out much easier.
  • She actually admits it when she does wrong
  • Kamito doesn't have a slavish adoration to her for no reason, but they actually develop a bond over the course of the story
  • She's a masochist, and gets teased all over the place by Kamito
While those are two there's a specific problem
  • Her reasons dont justify being a brat they just tell why she is
  • Claire's dere side may come out easier but whenever it does the violent side comes out just as fast
  • claire admits when she does wrong but it takes a lot to do it
  • Saito doesnt have this crazy admiration either plus both force the bonds on their partners
  • She only gets teased because of the fact that she's in essentially an all girls school

The real problem lies in their frightening similarities
  • Both force the male to join them granted saito was brought to the world while kamito was already in it
  • Both are frighteningly dependent on the male when they have the competency for other tasks
  • Both treat the male like slaves especially claire
  • Both have rivals that are far superior to them in bust size and both use exotic animals as partners
  • Both are ojou-samas who have big time family issues Louise being the zero and claire being the sister of the calamity queen
Old 2013-07-02, 12:32   Link #4692
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
  • Claire's dere side may come out easier but whenever it does the violent side comes out just as fast
  • Saito doesnt have this crazy admiration either plus both force the bonds on their partners
  • She only gets teased because of the fact that she's in essentially an all girls school

• Both force the male to join them granted saito was brought to the world while kamito was already in it
  • Both are frighteningly dependent on the male when they have the competency for other tasks
  • Both have rivals that are far superior to them in bust size and both use exotic animals as partners
  • Both are ojou-samas who have big time family issues Louise being the zero and claire being the sister of the calamity queen
As I see it, Claire doesn't force Kamito. And she doesn't really see him as a slave either. That's just her reason for keeping him.

Yes she can be violent, but in a rather harmless way, just like Nobuna if you're reading that. And she tries to be nice as well. Making chocolate for example.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:38   Link #4693
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
As I see it, Claire doesn't force Kamito. And she doesn't really see him as a slave either. That's just her reason for keeping him.

Yes she can be violent, but in a rather harmless way, just like Nobuna if you're reading that. And she tries to be nice as well. Making chocolate for example.
Early Claire pretty much forced kamito into everything once it was established that kamito was a part of the group Claire didn't have to

Harmless when she's tried to strangle him and burn him multiple times. She tried to make chocolate to be nice and then ruined it all just cause he was walking with ellis hard to get over.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:47   Link #4694
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Early Claire pretty much forced kamito into everything once it was established that kamito was a part of the group Claire didn't have to

Harmless when she's tried to strangle him and burn him multiple times. She tried to make chocolate to be nice and then ruined it all just cause he was walking with ellis hard to get over.
Harmless as in no harm intended. I just don't think she would have seriously hurt him unless by accident. Maybe I'm just bad at judging people.

That was her acting emotionally rather that rationally, many young people do. She was sorry for it later.
Old 2013-07-02, 13:47   Link #4695
ImperialFlameGod8190

I guess a matter of opinion moving on do u think eventually muir and lily will come to the academy as well and try to live out a new life.
Old 2013-07-02, 15:10   Link #4696
darkofficer
just a devil

i think muir won't go to the acedamy otherwise she would say yes when kamito asked her
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:50   Link #4697
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:

.......Um, most of that makes no sense.
  • She's a brat because she was treated as a criminal and outcast because of her asshole sister. It's a hell of a lot better justification than being bad at magic.
  • Granted. But she's still better than Louise/
  • When Kamito saved her from the spirit in vol 1, she screams at him for not using his power earlier. When he apologizes, she takes it back and collapses in tears while admitting she was stupid.
  • She is teased by Kamito because he thinks she is adorable when embarrassed. That is actually written in the novel. Several times.

And the similarities are off as well
  • Kamito joins willingly because he needs a team and because he doesn't want to abandon Claire
  • Actually, Kamito is almost as dependent on Claire as the other way around. He's basically invincible in one-on-one, but he sucks at strategizing, which Claire excells at.
  • I'll admit the throw the "Slave-Dog" around a lot, but if you pay attention Kamito basically treates Claire lik a pet cat.
  • .......How is this a bad thing?
  • Louise has the nicest big sister in the world and a strict one who looks after her. Claire was abandoned and then kidnapped and brainwashed by her older sister.
Old 2013-07-02, 17:55   Link #4698
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
.......Um, most of that makes no sense.

And the similarities are off as well
  • Kamito joins willingly because he needs a team and because he doesn't want to abandon Claire
  • Actually, Kamito is almost as dependent on Claire as the other way around. He's basically invincible in one-on-one, but he sucks at strategizing, which Claire excells at.
  • I'll admit the throw the "Slave-Dog" around a lot, but if you pay attention Kamito basically treates Claire lik a pet cat.
  • .......How is this a bad thing?
  • Louise has the nicest big sister in the world and a strict one who looks after her. Claire was abandoned and then kidnapped and brainwashed by her older sister.
  • when kamito got Est claire basically said he is her slave spirit before kamito even started attending and then forced him to get involved in the spat with the Knights
  • True about that but for all claire's strategic brilliiance she's too stubborn to admit she needs kamito
  • He treats her like a pet cat because kamito wants to give claire a taste of her own medicine
  • Its not i just pointed it out
  • The sister issue is true
Old 2013-07-02, 18:02   Link #4699
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
  • when kamito got Est claire basically said he is her slave spirit before kamito even started attending and then forced him to get involved in the spat with the Knights
  • True about that but for all claire's strategic brilliiance she's too stubborn to admit she needs kamito
  • He treats her like a pet cat because kamito wants to give claire a taste of her own medicine
Eh.
  • Yes, she did. Kamito promptly ignored her and ran off. And while he did get dragged into the fight with the Knights, he personally chose to go protect Claire in the arena fight immediately afterwards.
  • She is terrified of admitting that she needs anyone, because the last time that happened her bitch of a big sister set her country on fire
  • At first. In a later volume he specifically says, "Ah, there I go wanting to tease her again."
  • *Nothing to put here*
  • Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

To be honest, I simply think that Claire is a much better executed version of Louise's character type.
Old 2013-07-02, 18:07   Link #4700
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
I think you see their relationship entirely wrong. He doesn't want to pay back for being seen as a slave, he just enjoys teasing Claire. Or girls in general.

And she just calls him slave as a pretense for keeping him in her room. She's obviously in love.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural