AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-07, 08:27   Link #4781
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

lol I dont agree when you compare it to Madan no Ou maybe to ZnT but definitely notj to Madan no Ou
Old 2013-07-07, 09:17   Link #4782
Trung-t-rung

I haven't read Seikoku so I don't know about that. I agree that this series is better than ZnT. Maybe it is because of the main tsundere heroine, somehow I feel that Claire's backstory is more sympathetic than Louise so her behaviors is more understandable.
Claire: Her sister is the country's most wanted criminal. Her parents are in jail. She had no lands, titles, she has no friends ( except Rinslet who is a rival).
Louise: ONLY wants her mother's approval, who is a loser, still has the princess as a childhood friend, still has her family's power and wealth.
Yup, Claire>>>>>> Louise.
About Madan, It is a good series with enough political, action, fantasy and a serious plot. Which is better than those elements in ZnT. But STnBD is not a better series than Madan, it is not worse, either.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:44   Link #4783
sapper
harem dimension god

I've read seikoku and madan no ou and is say that this series is so somewhere in the middle and is better than seikoku but less than madan no ou mainly because seikoku has a plot that kinda gets scrambled while this has a straightforward plot with some detail and Madan no ou has a very deep plot. But for fanservice/ecchiness this series takes the cake by far
Old 2013-07-07, 10:06   Link #4784
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
After reading murmurs of how good this light novel is I marathoned everything on baka tsuki in almost one go, and this series is THE SHIT!!!!!

It's like Zero no Tsukaima, Seikoku no Dragonar, and maybe Madan no Ou all added together, but miles better than all of them.

I am so, so, SO looking forward to Kamito waking up to naked Est and Restia and them bickering over who's the better sword spirit for him. Plus there's Iseria in those ruins. Can't wait for the next volume!!
I'm gonna try and guess what parts you were comparing.

ZnT
  • tsundere lead girl (depending on if you still consider Claire the lead)
  • Magic society based around aristocrats
  • Magical school as base

Seikoku
  • Magical Contract
  • OP male lead (Kamito isn't quite as bad as Ash but he's still pretty bad)
  • MC tends to tease the tsundere girl

Madan no Ou
  • MC has a super weapon he can't fully control
  • MC excels at one thing above everyone (archery/swords)
  • Mysterious and possibly malicious force is fixated on them (Tir na Fa/Ren Ashdoll)

That's all I can think of.
Old 2013-07-07, 10:46   Link #4785
darkofficer
just a devil

what do you mean with OP male lead ??
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:30   Link #4786
Fenrisulfr
The Hobo Swordsman

He means the character is overpowered/too strong. I don't ever compare lns like madan & seirei because they're too different and I like different things about them; that's like comparing mgs with dmc games, both are great in different areas.

Last edited by Fenrisulfr; 2013-07-07 at 11:32. Reason: typos
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:18   Link #4787
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
what do you mean with OP male lead ??
Over Powered. Kamito is the strongest blade dancer, Ash is the Knight of Avalon. Basically Kamito is the strongest that a human can possibly be, and Ash is.... well, Ash is kind of a war god at the moment, but I digress. It basically means they are both much stronger than the vast majority of their friends and enemies, and even the select few who stand on the same level as them (Greyworth, Rubia, ect.) are still in some way inferior combat-wise.
Old 2013-07-07, 15:29   Link #4788
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Over Powered. Kamito is the strongest blade dancer, Ash is the Knight of Avalon. Basically Kamito is the strongest that a human can possibly be, and Ash is.... well, Ash is kind of a war god at the moment, but I digress. It basically means they are both much stronger than the vast majority of their friends and enemies, and even the select few who stand on the same level as them (Greyworth, Rubia, ect.) are still in some way inferior combat-wise.
Yea, I actually like the Oda Nobuna MC much more. Kamito's not only OP, he's got no ambitions. He's just completing tasks. Well at least for now, haven't read on for a while...
Old 2013-07-07, 15:30   Link #4789
black knight iust
spirit 1

Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
He means the character is overpowered/too strong. I don't ever compare lns like madan & seirei because they're too different and I like different things about them; that's like comparing mgs with dmc games, both are great in different areas.
mgs (metal gear solid) right
Old 2013-07-07, 16:16   Link #4790
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuruk View Post
Yea, I actually like the Oda Nobuna MC much more. Kamito's not only OP, he's got no ambitions. He's just completing tasks. Well at least for now, haven't read on for a while...
In the world Kamito is in there is no reason for him to be ambitious. His original reason for being in the blade dance was restia now that's she's there nothing from his original desires matters. Helping the girls win well that's another story but kamito has no reason to be in the blade dance.
Saru basically gets a task to help who he thinks is nobunaga turns out its a chick (a hot one but a chick nonetheless). Saru's ambition is basically to make sure the girl he loves fulfills her dreams that aint much of an ambition IMO>
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:41   Link #4791
Fenrisulfr
The Hobo Swordsman

@black knight iust, Yep madan is all serious business & heavy plot driven with politics whereas seirei is about kickass sword fights & magic/demons, granted madan has those elements too
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:46   Link #4792
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
In the world Kamito is in there is no reason for him to be ambitious. His original reason for being in the blade dance was restia now that's she's there nothing from his original desires matters. Helping the girls win well that's another story but kamito has no reason to be in the blade dance.
Saru basically gets a task to help who he thinks is nobunaga turns out its a chick (a hot one but a chick nonetheless). Saru's ambition is basically to make sure the girl he loves fulfills her dreams that aint much of an ambition IMO>
Kamito wasted three years and got conscripted by Greyworth. Then he proceeds to waste all opportunities to get a relationship, however terribly easy it would be for him.

Saru was not given any tasks. Just an opportunity by throwing him into the Sengoku time. He chose his path there.
Old 2013-07-07, 17:40   Link #4793
ImperialFlameGod8190

does kamito really strike you guys as the type who wants a relationship with anybody keep in mind this is a guy whose been an assassin his entire life idk if relationships mattered.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:30   Link #4794
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
does kamito really strike you guys as the type who wants a relationship with anybody keep in mind this is a guy whose been an assassin his entire life idk if relationships mattered.
No, probably not. And you could argue that he doesn't want to use and throw away cute girls... Well ok. A bit lifeless, but reasonable.
Old 2013-07-07, 20:42   Link #4795
waffler

i was thinking about this but is now kamito the strongest blade dancer again? since greyworth cannot use her powers and he can beat leonara and probably luminaris maybe he is the strongest again.
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:35   Link #4796
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
i was thinking about this but is now kamito the strongest blade dancer again? since greyworth cannot use her powers and he can beat leonara and probably luminaris maybe he is the strongest again.
lol not maybe HE is the STRONGEST Blade Dancer and he can beat Luminaris now that Restia is back and Est is with him too
Old 2013-07-07, 22:06   Link #4797
ImperialFlameGod8190

he's the toughest person there without a doubt but whether or not the team will win remains to be seen. something tells me the elemental lords wont be happy seeing the vorpal sword
Old 2013-07-07, 22:33   Link #4798
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

they sure wont be happy seeing the person and the spirit who <wish> for their deaths lol
Old 2013-07-07, 23:50   Link #4799
sandhy88
Faithfull Reader

from the start, why Elemental Lords sealed Ren Ashdoll inside human? Why not sealed him inside an object and keep it hidden? Or are they have Yandere fetist?
Old 2013-07-08, 00:02   Link #4800
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
from the start, why Elemental Lords sealed Ren Ashdoll inside human? Why not sealed him inside an object and keep it hidden? Or are they have Yandere fetist?
i don't think they had a choice in the matter, because i don't think he was sealed at all but killed and the humans he sealed inside are actually him reincarnated

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural