AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-10, 09:16   Link #5241
Murakumo

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
since u want somebody to disprove you I will do so. Restia said when kamito was younger that she always wanted kamito to kill her. Likely restia knew the situation that happened would happen if kamito really did have his plans work. in fact i'd go so far as to suspect that its exactly what kamito wanted. Think about it this way. Restia worked with kamito because she knew that est could destroy the darkness once she absorbed it all.
As much as a lot of you guys love restia its actually better for kamito that she is destroyed because then the evil inside kamito is gone
Spoiler:

Oh and please stop the pigeonholing will you? Just because I and some people here makes assumptions and theories on Restia's fate, does not mean that they're biased Restia fanboys

Thanks for the feedback though, really gives me quite a bit to think of, and sorry for the long-ass response
Old 2013-08-10, 09:18   Link #5242
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakumo View Post
Hmm... I dont think Kamito wants Restia destroyed, sure he was obsessed in killing her when he was with her in the instructional School to surpass her, but after his reactions from the BD 3 years ago and even now? It seems very unlikely that he still wants her gone, plus he disdainfully retorted Restia's jokeful reminder before the group steps into the throne room no? Not to mention, it's rather doubtful if Restia was fully serious in wanting Kamito to kill her before the incident at the BD 3 years ago, sure she already has the will of Ren Ashdoll before she met Kamito, but she only asked Kamito to seriously kill her if she's no longer herself right before she's swallowed by the Otherworldly Darkness. This makes me wonder, could the "will of Ren Ashdoll" in Restia be different before the Otherworldly Darkness swallowed Restia (not in terms of becoming good or bad morally, I suppose it's in terms of how managable is it for Restia to control, or more outrageously, how pure is "the will"s essence)? If so, how does the will of Ren Ashdoll in Restia change after the incident? More importantly, did the Otherworldly Darkness play a big role in causing the Spirit War?

I'm not sure what the "restia knew the situation that happened would happen if kamito really did have his plans work" thing implies, assuming if you refer to the "situation that happened" as the Spirit War and "Kamito's plans" as the elemental lords assasination, it sounded as if she's chickening out from her mission; doesnt she "use" Kamito to get her close to the lords? It doesnt make sense that she wants to die so as not to have a second spirit war happening in case Kamito goes to kill the lords

Thanks for the feedback though
I don't mean kamito wants restia destroyed in fact its the opposite restia wanted kamito to destroy her. Sadly restia later realized that kamito couldn't do it so this mess happened
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 09:33   Link #5243
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Is it me or this volume seem a little shorter then the other volumes?, since I finished realing this already.

Why oh why does Restia have to part with Kamito so soon, I was looking forward on reading more of Kamito battles using his dual sword skills, but it seem that not going to happen any time soon.

I hope after liberating the rest of the Elemental Lords, they will use their powers to get Restia back.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 09:35   Link #5244
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Spoiler for vol 11:
Old 2013-08-10, 09:55   Link #5245
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ Yes, I know but I doubt she is destroy and gone forever.

Spoiler for My theory:

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-08-10, 11:02   Link #5246
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Is it me or this volume seem a little shorter then the other volumes?, since I finished realing this already.

Why oh why does Restia have to part with Kamito so soon, I was looking forward on reading more of Kamito battles using his dual sword skills, but it seem that not going to happen any time soon.

I hope after liberating the rest of the Elemental Lords, they will use their powers to get Restia back.
part of it is because of the fact that the translations were so fast so u read through it faster the other part is that even though there were a lot of chapters not a lot really happened
Old 2013-08-10, 11:15   Link #5247
omegasereon

Guess I hope Kamito gets back Restia next volume T.T.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 11:17   Link #5248
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

True, but it also unravelled some of the mysteries. All in all it a good read.

Old 2013-08-10, 13:09   Link #5249
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
True, but it also unravelled some of the mysteries. All in all it a good read.
you know in truth I agree but I still have 2 essential problems.
1. Why did none of the girls ask why kamito is all of the sudden using the darkness spirit that was their enemy before
2. Why has nobody asked Fianna why she's so attached to kamito.
Old 2013-08-10, 14:23   Link #5250
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
you know in truth I agree but I still have 2 essential problems.
1. Why did none of the girls ask why kamito is all of the sudden using the darkness spirit that was their enemy before
2. Why has nobody asked Fianna why she's so attached to kamito.
They probably think it's the same reason as theirs. It's not like Fianna's behavior is suspicious in any way.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 14:36   Link #5251
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
They probably think it's the same reason as theirs. It's not like Fianna's behavior is suspicious in any way.
that is... unless SOMEONE probes even further....

I'm guessing once they find out.....

I think Ellis might be the first to break on this....
Old 2013-08-10, 15:01   Link #5252
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Uhhhh.... powering up Est is a bad idea, remember that Kamito is currently suffering 10% of what happened to the Sacred Maiden... if Est goes 100% Kamito won't last long...
Hello? Potential world-ending catastrophe if the elemental lords aren't freed?

Not to mention that the Elemental Lords should be able to remove the curse if he succeeds, and if he doesn't, well that's not his problem anymore (he'll be dead).

The curse isn't that fast. Kamito would still have a year or two even at Est's max power.....probably.
Old 2013-08-10, 15:10   Link #5253
Awrya
U mad?

Not sure if it was mentioned in the novel, but the divine power consumption at 10% maximum strength drains Kamito quite fast right now, if Est does power up to 100%, would the consumption increase by 10?
Or is Est consuming energy equivalent to 100% performance, but can only release 10% of her power due to the incomplete contract?
Old 2013-08-10, 16:13   Link #5254
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
^ Yes, I know but I doubt she is destroy and gone forever.

Spoiler for My theory:
Wont restia be like iseria atm then?
Old 2013-08-10, 20:03   Link #5255
sapper
harem dimension god

DAMMIT!!! I waited for restia and now she's gone! I really hope she comes back. And I hope kamito just goes rampage on the elemental lords. But now we're into arc 3 right?
Old 2013-08-10, 23:44   Link #5256
Chimurry

I feel kind of pain cuz this vol end, I think is like more a cliffhanger, why? cuz Restia is top favorite character and so far i dont known any other author will do eliminate one of the top favorites, I am wrong?, well my memory doesnt recall any other case.
Speculation Theory: I agree theres facts like Est is restrained (only 10% max of her true power), her purpose are purification, Restia was almost consumed (contaminated) by the darkness and the way of thinking she is like a key factor to Kamito awakening sounds dubios, she say before: another Demon Kings was awaken before she get them or was too late to do something, Kamito is virtually the first one she known before mayhem release.
So I really hope next vol will come with more optimistic news and off course Restia back on game, dueling with Est cuz Kamito (some like DxD vols 11 and 12).
BTW: I think She is really key character element for the series cuz virtually compete with any other girl or espirit, like say Est doesnt care or argue with Claire or Fianna but does with Restia and the same with Fianna, Claire, Rinslet and Ellis vs Restia.
Thanks to the Translators, editors ant the Staff.

Last edited by Chimurry; 2013-08-12 at 15:08.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 13:11   Link #5257
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

I feel that Restia ties Kamito to his fate to Ren Ashdoll, and by killing her, maybe the author is showing that Kamito is moving beyond that?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 16:12   Link #5258
rickiminato

why restia dissapper in the volumen 11?
Old 2013-08-12, 17:00   Link #5259
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
I feel kind of pain cuz this vol end, I think is like more a cliffhanger, why? cuz Restia is top favorite character and so far i dont known any other author will do eliminate one of the top favorites, I am wrong?, well my memory doesnt recall any other case.
Well, read A Song of Ice and Fire. ;-)

I'm still not through the last volume. Specifically I'm stuck at the end of volume 8...

Not that it wouldn't be entertaining, I'm just in the hospital for one week now and one week to go and not in the mood...
Old 2013-08-12, 20:49   Link #5260
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
why restia dissapper in the volumen 11?
Because she stabbed herself with Est, and the reason why she has done that, is too prevent Ren Ashdoll, from further corrupting Kamito.

Of course, like with Est's curse ... I also believe that there is some catch, or weak point in the "negative aspect" of Restia's powers, which will ... most likely be revealed in the next volume.

And like with Est, I doubt that this is the final moment where we will Restia, since she is still a high ranking spirit, so ... only few attacks, can completely obliterate her.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural