AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-24, 01:42   Link #5661
Thuruk
年上
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Vienna
Age: 24
Yay. The universe hasn't let me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Maybe, but we really don't know what the author wants to do with the story.

Not to mention, at least to me, it has been defined from the beginning that Kamito prioritizes Restia, over the other girls in his harem, and I doubt that's going to change at this point in the story.
Agree. As long as she's around, not even Claire got a chance. For now.
__________________
織田信奈の野望 とある魔術の禁書目録 精霊使いの剣舞 機巧少女は傷つかない
Thuruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:51   Link #5662
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
unless the legal wife is ok with him having a harem XD
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:55   Link #5663
Fenrisulfr
The Hobo Swordsman
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
@cloud04, I recall Kamito mentioning Restia use to keep all types of girls away from him or something so I doubt that, she's pretty jealous of Est as it is xD. Btw off topic but you're like the six or seventh person I've seen with that type of avatar, is there a program you used to make it.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:57   Link #5664
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
oh this..special privilege to those who work on manga/light novels lol
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 04:14   Link #5665
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
I don't recall Kamito ever being given waifu choosing privileges.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 07:20   Link #5666
Rin Listviel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: From Japan With Love....
The problem is coming right because "he go back to the time when he's at the institution"...

Acording to Kamito the one who give him light and emotion were "Restia"...now that she and his memory of the time with her gone...,someone in current time have to give him light/emotion again.........

The question is,among the girls other than Restia who will it be the one who give Kamito emotion/light/or dyed his mind pink(fall in love) ?>XD

I hope,Est will do it...QAQ
But bassed on the story....it might be Claire..(the whole thing about Claire being the darkness princess is disapoint me...i want Fianna for that job..damn author)
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 07:25   Link #5667
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Listviel View Post
The problem is coming right because "he go back to the time when he's at the institution"...

Acording to Kamito the one who give him light and emotion were "Restia"...now that she and his memory of the time with her gone...,someone in current time have to give him light/emotion again.........

The question is,among the girls other than Restia who will it be the one who give Kamito emotion/light/or dyed his mind pink(fall in love) ?>XD

I hope,Est will do it...QAQ
But bassed on the story....it might be Claire..(the whole thing about Claire being the darkness princess is disapoint me...i want Fianna for that job..damn author)
After all claire is a Fire priestess and Fianna would have been better because she is the closest to being a Queen and she has the reversed attribute of darkness which is holy or light.
__________________
My Heart is Pocky
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 07:59   Link #5668
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gamindustri
Send a message via Skype™ to chaotix37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
unless the legal wife is ok with him having a harem XD
Q is who is the legal wife? Don't tell me that its Restia simply because he was his first onee-chan shotacon? Claire on the other hand, again the golden rule. First girl appearance...
__________________
chaotix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:04   Link #5669
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Claire can suck it...
Restia's the legal wife...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:10   Link #5670
zp92
へへへ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix37 View Post
Q is who is the legal wife? Don't tell me that its Restia simply because he was his first onee-chan shotacon? Claire on the other hand, again the golden rule. First girl appearance...
Well, Restia is legal wife because of poll like this...
Spoiler for poll:


I think the author has said that in some afterwords, but I'm not sure

And simply Restia is much better girl than Claire

PD.- Damn, I need Restia comes back.
zp92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:36   Link #5671
Rin Listviel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: From Japan With Love....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
After all claire is a Fire priestess and Fianna would have been better because she is the closest to being a Queen and she has the reversed attribute of darkness which is holy or light.
Yeah..damn it the author....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix37 View Post
Q is who is the legal wife? Don't tell me that its Restia simply because he was his first onee-chan shotacon? Claire on the other hand, again the golden rule. First girl appearance...
Well i don't care about the "Golden rule" but seriously..please no,just no.......if not Restia then at least make Est or even Rinslet end up with him would be fine..please not Claire...oh God no...OTL
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:44   Link #5672
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
In every rule there's always an exception...
its nice if Claire is the exception to that rule...
don't wanna see another unreasonable violent tsundere winning in the end...

and no one can beat infinity...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:58   Link #5673
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gamindustri
Send a message via Skype™ to chaotix37
/Sigh.... Here we go again...
Can't be helped guys... 3 Possibilities
Harem End, No One Wins, or First Girl wins.
Yeah there's is an exception to that rule... But seriously. infinity... There's a limit on that. Look at what happened to her on the last volume. I guess she has to give floor to the other girls of Kamito's harem... She has limits you know.
__________________
chaotix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:59   Link #5674
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Maybe I'm the only one thinking this but ....I would be disappointed if some other girls do the same thing that Restia did in the past, for Kamito.

The fact that she is the sprit of darkness and was able to give him "light" , like he say. I think make the thing better and the author did a good job to show us how much she is important for him and to see someone else do the same thing now.....I don't know, just don't feel right.

Plus he end like this because what happen to her and if some other girl can help him from this would be pretty cheap and would destroy(from my point of view) what the author did with him and Restia until now.

But I suppose we need to see what the author plan.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:59   Link #5675
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Where does all this Claire hate come from? She is nowhere near my favorite, nor do I particularly like the character archetype, but she's not that bad as far as bratty tsunderes go either.

When compared to Louise for instance.....Well, at least Claire has understandable reasons for her attitude(even if its exaggerated) and apologizes occasionally.

Mind as well get used to the idea, especially since the story definitely seems to be going down the Claire route. Either that or a harem/unresolved end. Expecting anything else is sorta delusional at this point.
__________________
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 09:21   Link #5676
Rin Listviel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: From Japan With Love....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
In every rule there's always an exception...
its nice if Claire is the exception to that rule...
I hope so....But as far as everything concerned....the author seems like favour Claire more than the other...Going as far as killing Restia,
Well I hope Restia is not dead,as far as im hating the generic "magical comeback",this time i want that "magical comeback out of nowhere" happen...damn author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix37 View Post
/Sigh.... Here we go again...
Can't be helped guys... 3 Possibilities
Harem End, No One Wins, or First Girl wins.
Better No One Wins....or Harem....oh damn im worried now about how the story progress with the girls...*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Maybe I'm the only one thinking this but ....I would be disappointed if some other girls do the same thing that Restia did in the past, for Kamito.

The fact that she is the sprit of darkness and was able to give him "light" , like he say. I think make the thing better and the author did a good job to show us how much she is important for him and to see someone else do the same thing now.....I don't know, just don't feel right.

Plus he end like this because what happen to her and if some other girl can help him from this would be pretty cheap and would destroy(from my point of view) what the author did with him and Restia until now.

But I suppose we need to see what the author plan.
Right..Agree on this one...The girls helping Kamito get Restia back is fine and nice.,But giving Kamito "Light"?,Hell no,That is Restia Privilege...i read the novel i thought i would get a story line which the guy finaly have happy ever after with the girl he search for 3years(Restia)..not end up like some generic love novel where the guy "Move On" get another girl....OTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Where does all this Claire hate come from? She is nowhere near my favorite, nor do I particularly like the character archetype, but she's not that bad as far as bratty tsunderes go either.

When compared to Louise for instance.....Well, at least Claire has understandable reasons for her attitude(even if its exaggerated) and apologizes occasionally.

Mind as well get used to the idea, especially since the story definitely seems to be going down the Claire route. Either that or a harem/unresolved end. Expecting anything else is sorta delusional at this point.
I don't know...i just get this feeling of "Oh no,please not her"...im not Tsundere hater,or Claire type girl...but i just don't like her....*sigh* hard to explain...

Well i will see until who give "Light" to him in this amnesia incident...or will Restia be back before he got "whatever Light" from another girl....

If another girl give him "Light or dyed his mind pink" at least make it not Claire...
If it Claire..i will drop the LN...and not going to read it...*sigh*..cause the ending pretty much oblivious....and im not interested Claire route...

But i might read it again when the LN end,and Kamito end up with another girl,even if claire give "Light"....
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 09:24   Link #5677
erdii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Turkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Maybe I'm the only one thinking this but ....I would be disappointed if some other girls do the same thing that Restia did in the past, for Kamito.

The fact that she is the sprit of darkness and was able to give him "light" , like he say. I think make the thing better and the author did a good job to show us how much she is important for him and to see someone else do the same thing now.....I don't know, just don't feel right.

Plus he end like this because what happen to her and if some other girl can help him from this would be pretty cheap and would destroy(from my point of view) what the author did with him and Restia until now.

But I suppose we need to see what the author plan.
well Kamito got close to Restia because he couldn't defeat her. ı don't think something similiar will happen but most probably it will be something stupid like girls feelings will miraculously bring back his memories
__________________
erdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:04   Link #5678
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Depend on what the author do with this volume, but it'd be interesting if the author try to let other girl give him light but all failed spectacularly until Kamito see Restia again at the end. Again, the author seem to have experienced with OTP and romance novel before so i will watch for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Where does all this Claire hate come from? She is nowhere near my favorite, nor do I particularly like the character archetype, but she's not that bad as far as bratty tsunderes go either.

When compared to Louise for instance.....Well, at least Claire has understandable reasons for her attitude(even if its exaggerated) and apologizes occasionally.

Mind as well get used to the idea, especially since the story definitely seems to be going down the Claire route. Either that or a harem/unresolved end. Expecting anything else is sorta delusional at this point.
no actually, as i stated above, Shimizu seem more the type of OTP with her previous work, technically, Restia is the 1st girl and so far she developed Restia character far deeper than other -> this is the main problem, the problem is not lies in Claire, but Restia herself, even in some japanese forum i frequent, despite some of them are Elis or even Est fan, most of them still considered Restia x Kamito is the OTP, with the exception of Est, none of the girls have enough development to considered reaching their level of relationship, and even Est will have an extremely hard work to reach that level, let alone challenged the position of Restia. The thing with Claire is, the author seem trying to develop her as a heroine, but her personality fall into a quite hated archetype( especially how her 2 certain pink-haired character seem to acting all mighty, didn't care about MC, and still win, they sort of carried over)and most people cannot see how Claire can challenged Restia, so whenever Claire received major development it will look as a little forced, as with the fact she became the Dark priestess, it seem too forced.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2013-11-24 at 10:16.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:22   Link #5679
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpobre113 View Post
Well, Restia is legal wife because of poll like this...
Spoiler for poll:


I think the author has said that in some afterwords, but I'm not sure

And simply Restia is much better girl than Claire

PD.- Damn, I need Restia comes back.
Restia may be the "legal wife" but it doesn't change the fact that Clare is all intent and purposes "the first girl" and that puts her above the others in a certain context. Plus, in terms of romance development she's got to know more than the others girl (minus Restia), kissed him twice, and Kamito seems to treasure her the most of the other 3 academy members.

In other words it seems like it's going to be a close race between Restia and her, but I feel it's going to be a no contest at this rate. I sense a pairing rage storm coming and it's not going to be pretty. It'll be like Ichigo 100% all over again.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:38   Link #5680
GetInDaZone222
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Texas
@ dragon1412 I agree completely. Along with Claire development being forced, I feel that it just makes it easier to not like the changes shes having with her emotions because its 1 sided. Kamito(aside from his "duties" as a contracted spirit) treats all the girls, other than his contracted spirits, relatively the same. So while the series has lately been capitalizing Claire's development towards him, its hard to accept the route the series is trying to take since Kamito hasnt shown any development towards her.

You brought up a good point though. I think its important that the girls attempt to help Kamito see the "light" and fail. Although a complete failure would end up solidifying a Restia or Harem end, I think it would be best if the girls try their best, but end up not succeeding. They are about to have to accept the fact that Kamito is from a completely different world than them(Knowing and seeing/feeling is completely different). They shouldnt be able to handle that situation as well as Restia did and Im sure they(At least Claire) will realize that.
GetInDaZone222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.