AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-27, 10:26   Link #6001
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuruk View Post
There should be about 6 more books, right? Well, I think it's likely that they'll only reunite after some of those.
I think that the current arc is going to take even more then 6 books to be resolved, since a war is a larger scale event compared to what happened, in the previous arc's.

After all, the author needs to introduce us to a few new characters that will be the rulers of the countries that would be involved in this conflict, introduce us to the elementalists that will partake in this conflict, and more importantly ... provide the reason why the current war has broken out.

Basically, in my opinion, we are still at the beginning stages of the current arc, since we don't even know what countries and sides ... apart from the Ordesia Empire and the Alpha's Theocracy are going to be involved in this war.

I agree though, that it might take some time for Restia and Kamito to reunite with each other.

Quote:
Maybe they'll even be put on opposite sides of the war, somehow.
I doubt it ... in the first place, because that would be ... pretty much a repetition of the Blade Dance arc, and the introductory arc, where Restia has had ... more or less, an antagonistic role.

The second reason, why I doubt that Restia is going to be on the opposite side, due to the fact that her body ... more or less, doesn't have any remaining divine power ... since, judging from the description, in volume 12, she has some wounds on her body, Restia also hadn't had her darkness wings and her dress had been torn and tattered.

Basically, Restia is probably in an even worse state compared to Iseria, and considering that even after three years Iseria still hasn't regained her former power, it might take even more time for Restia to regain her former strength.

In other words, I think that the recent Restia related developments point toward her becoming a damsel in distress, rather then someone who is going to be put on the opposite side, then Kamito, of the war that is going to break out soon.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 23:45   Link #6002
dragon1412

Quote:
There should be about 6 more books, right? Well, I think it's likely that they'll only reunite after some of those.

Maybe they'll even be put on opposite sides of the war, somehow.
like Chris said, i have doubt about that, with STnBD pacing, and the oncoming seeming like war, the matter of each country respective army is needed to be addressed and even in Ordessia, we isn't even saw their army, we only saw a few strategic - class and the rest is revolved around only 1 academy, we pretty much don't know a single nobles either and their resources either.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 01:30   Link #6003
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Somewhere along the line, there needs to be more Leonora

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 02:30   Link #6004
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Somewhere along the line, there needs to be more Leonora
Lenora is most likely going to reappear in the current arc, since I doubt that the Dracunia Empire isn't going to be involved in the emerging conflict and considering that Lenora is ... one of the stronger elementalists of the Dracunia Empire, I doubt that she won't be sent to the front lines.

The issue with her character, is the fact that, she will ... most likely, become Kamito's enemy, again ... since she comes from a different country compared to Kamito and she doesn't strike me, as a type that would betray her county.

Of course it's certainly possible that the Ordesia and Dracunia Empire are actually going to ally in the emerging conflict, which would ... resolve this issue ... but, that depends on how the war is going to be developed by the author.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a slightly different topic, I kind of wonder on which side of the conflict ... Kamito is going to be.

I know that the most logical option is that he and the rest of Team Scarlet is going to be on the side of the Ordesia Empire ... but, I think it depends on how well the secret of Kamito being the legitimate successor of the Demon King is going to be kept - after all, there are already a few people who are aware of that fact and not all of them are Kamito's allies, so they might try to use this information to strain or sever, Kamito's ties with the Ordesia Empire, in order to fulfill some of their evil objectives.
Old 2013-12-28, 03:01   Link #6005
teejmo

I'm guessing Ordesia and Dracunia would probably ally together, along with Quina. I mean, their reps at the Blade Dance were secondary protagonists throughout the series and are friends with our "heroes". To all of the sudden make them enemies would be... different, and not in a positive way (turning people from allies to enemies only works well when they're closer to the main character, and not secondary figures).

Of course, Kamito and co. could just form a third player in this upcoming war. I mean, it's not as if Ordesia can be considered trustworthy - one of their twelve generals or whatever turned traitor, and considering highly thought of she was, it would be fairly reasonable if there were others within the government. Though this plot would be a bit of a cliche.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 03:31   Link #6006
Waxman

Given Kamito's training as an assasin i could easily picture a volume in wich he is tasked with an infiltration mission (maybe even rescue of Sorja Kahn sister) while every girl (minus Claire) got called home for protection or as a tactical move, specially Fianna since she is a member of the royal/imperial family and regained much of her lost status after winning the blade dance.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 11:23   Link #6007
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Given Kamito's training as an assasin i could easily picture a volume in wich he is tasked with an infiltration mission (maybe even rescue of Sorja Kahn sister) while every girl (minus Claire) got called home for protection or as a tactical move, specially Fianna since she is a member of the royal/imperial family and regained much of her lost status after winning the blade dance.
While, I could see something like that happening ... the problem with that kind of scenario is the fact that ... with Kamito's current power level, he could probably easily complete this kind of mission without the help of anyone else.

After all, the current Kamito has most likely, already awakened as the Demon King - without the going berserk part, since this is the only reason, at least to me ... on how he could easily defeat a couple of military spirits, in a ... critically wounded condition, after his fight with Lurie - which, should have depleted the amount of divne power that Kamito has contained in his body, at least a little bit.

Of course ... the author could easily nerf Kamito's power, by for example make him not fight on 100% of his current capabilities, and the explanation for that kind of development would be, that Kamito is trying to hide his identity as the reincarnation of the Demon King.

What I mean to say ... is for that kind of scenario to be enjoyable to read, there needs to be ... at least, a small possibility of the protagonist / hero failing to achieve their objectives ... and personally, I think it's kind of hard to execute something like that ... in a believable way, with Kamito's current power level.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:57   Link #6008
Waxman

Precisely in order to give him a reasonable reason for him to not use his full power, what better than a stealth mission in wich he has to enter, gather data (or even better the princess, because lets face it Kamito can't let a trapped princess be) and get out with the least fighting possible.
And also well get to see the girls interactions with their families or with other countries. As the winners of the blade dance, they're perfect enbassadors to try to gain allies.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 02:50   Link #6009
Chris38

Regarding Kamito's powers ... I think there exists a possibility of him having another type of weakness ... which is an increased effectiveness of Holy attribute spirit attacks on his body.

After all ... we already know that Kamito's body resists holy attribute spirit magic healing, which is the reason why Fianna needs to do ... some body contact, in order to heal Kamito's body .... and since, Kamito's body has this reaction when faced with holy attribute healing spirit magic, it might have the opposite reaction when it comes to holy attribute attack spirit magic.

Unfortunately, at this point this is still speculation on my part ... since, I don't remember a moment when Kamito was struck by a holy attribute attack, so far.

Also, I think that Est, after inheriting the darkness attribute that came along with Restia's power, might also have become a bit weaker when faced with holy attribute attacks - basically, that her anti magic abilities might be less effective when faced with holy spirit magic.
Old 2013-12-31, 22:18   Link #6010
blackwhite67
Banned

The next 2 chapters of the manga are out! The novel didn't really emphasize on it, but Fianna is a introvert gone extrovert. I wonder what she would've looked like if she hadn't met Kamito. So that's what Freya looks like. Much different than I expected.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 18:39   Link #6011
Thuruk
年上

To be honest, Freya was a side character I didn't even remember from the novels. And Fianna might just have died in that dryad attack, who knows.

Sorry for the crappy translations guys. I did try not to get them published.
Old 2014-01-02, 08:09   Link #6012
b10nutz

Is there a release date for Volume 13? I've read all 12 Volumes in a few days and now can't wait for the next one.
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 09:52   Link #6013
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
To be honest, Freya was a side character I didn't even remember from the novels. And Fianna might just have died in that dryad attack, who knows.

Sorry for the crappy translations guys. I did try not to get them published.
I meant if she had survived without meeting Kamito. The manga made it clear that she underwent a huge personality change due to his influence.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 22:51   Link #6014
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Wow this thread is dead right now

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 22:55   Link #6015
darkofficer
just a devil

Because we have no info for.the next volume

Fun fact in the latest tsuki-tsuki manga chapter you can see 1 panel of stnbd and Luna in claires outfit
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 22:58   Link #6016
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Wow this thread is dead right now
not surprising all volumes have been translated, no new news on the anime has been released, and the next volume release date hasn't been announced yet, so there is really nothing to discuss about at the moment
Old 2014-01-25, 00:03   Link #6017
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
Because we have no info for.the next volume

Fun fact in the latest tsuki-tsuki manga chapter you can see 1 panel of stnbd and Luna in claires outfit
that was my favorite part about the chapter. plus Machina and elni were in the background as Rinlet and Est. they all look good in the outfits
Old 2014-01-25, 02:29   Link #6018
Fenrisulfr
The Hobo Swordsman

Wow I just saw that tsuki chapter cover on fb too lol, well the only news currently is that info on the anime will be release at AnimeJapan 2014 on 3/22, still a long ways away.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 02:40   Link #6019
cloud04
Scanlator

the only ones w/o anime news when airing is this and madan..mahou sensou already airing and we have dragonar and NGNL this spring
Old 2014-01-25, 03:59   Link #6020
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

Send a message via Skype™ to chaotix37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
the only ones w/o anime news when airing is this and madan..mahou sensou already airing and we have dragonar and NGNL this spring
Seikoku is when? indeed that next season has NGNl. Good thing this won't be mainstream like what happened to SAO.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural