AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 18:13   Link #181
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Hm... Maybe that's why I started to feel this disappointment in Claymore. Berserk, for example started Godlike acquainting with the Band of the Hawks while it went downhills (IMO, nothing to criticize other ppl's taste) when Fairies and MORE RAPE where bundled within the manga. Jeez, at least I was hoping Claymore to be more realistic rather than just fairy-fantastical magic like Berserk... I wish Yagi doesn't rush up things at the end like the others say. Let's see.... Clare forgiving Priscilla and rendevous and marry Raki? FAIL
You wouldn't be making fun of the Lost Children or the Conviction arc would you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
lmao at the 3 people who -10 this chapter. hopefully, this means the forum won't see another post from any of you until at least next month. if ever.

I mean no offense, but this seems rather silly on your part carbontaxes. Everything month we get votes on either end of the spectrum(10s vs 1s). The vote system requires one to put faith into the personal context each person has with their votes.

But even so, what does it matter what they voted Carbontaxes? Some may have loved the chapter and others not so much. Enjoyment is subjective and I find your comment that those with a different opinion should not post "if ever" rather WRYYYYYYdiculous. I do not think anyone would tell you to "gtfo" if you had a different opinion, so why do it to others?

No one on this forum has an opinion made of gold and lambasting subjective opinions on an subjective hobby just seems awkward.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:17   Link #182
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Clare forgiving Priscilla and rendevous and marry Raki? FAIL
Whats wrong with Clare marrying Raki? I can't wait for that to happen .

But you are right, Clare forgiving Priscilla would be a FAIL.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-02, 18:21   Link #183
Jean Claymore
Former #9

@Nixl Eeeekkk *Looks around* Eh... ah, yes? *runs*

@Claymore! Hm... That's not exactly what I meant but... yeah it wouldn't do any harm if those 2 where to marry, but still I'm saying by its dark fantasy atmosphere that's kept until now since we wouldn't want to see all lovey-dolley/peaceful life arcs 'til the end
Old 2011-11-02, 18:24   Link #184
carbontaxes

Oh it's not silly at all. If they think max negative rep is warranted, they should shut the hell up.

Max negative really means "I'm not reading this anymore until I hear somewhere in the future that it's taken a better course." But of course, these people are also hardcore forum trolls so we got to suffer their ******** regardless. Lame but whatever.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:29   Link #185
Nixl

Quote:
@Nixl Eeeekkk *Looks around* Eh... ah, yes? *runs*

Spoiler for All My RAGE:
Old 2011-11-02, 18:29   Link #186
carbontaxes

To be perfectly clear, these same people feel that the series, by their votes, is so bad that it is not worth their time. Thing is, they apparently are also saying that they have nothing better to do in their lives but stay invested in discussing a manga that is horrid to them. That is their vote. And that is why I lol.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:38   Link #187
Nixl

Perhaps, but at the end the day they have there opinion and while they overall may like the manga they may hate this arc or this chapter. I would not pay so much attention to the scores since the majority of the time it will be an exaggeration or too subjective to matter. I will not even go into the fandoms for either Claire or Miria since those are too scary to approach since fans read for a single character.

For instance, I thought the beginning of Claymore was absolutely horrible. It felt cliche and while most fans drooled over Teresa and her tits I thought she was a bland shounen cardboard cutout. I still stuck with the manga though. Hell, I got in a giant debate with Elandyll over the Witch's Maw arc vs current arc. There is definitely a plurality of views. If I believed in the score system I probably would have rated early Claymore very low. Others may be going through the same experience, but with this arc.

It makes debates hard, but it happens.

edit: I think I came off as a dick in my last post to you and I apologize. It was a bit over-reactionary on my part.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:43   Link #188
carbontaxes

Yeah I get it, protest vote et al. I will just enjoy these peoples' continued rejoinders and efforts when they voted "crap". I care not if you think this is 'awkward'.

Even at the lowest point that I felt the series got (introduction of the zombies) I wouldn't have the nerve to vote that chapter as "total crap" and then keep on discussing it here as if I'm just so into it. I voted that chapter "below average".
Old 2011-11-02, 18:51   Link #189
Nixl

Believe me, I have had arguments up and down the Mississippi river over what one's subjective opinion warrants in terms of word choice. Nothing drives me crazier than one masking subjective opinions as objective fact, especially when we are dealing with a group of forum users that each month have shown radically different views. Yet, even with the that fact in front of one's self, it still will probably come down to "my opinions > your opinions."

If you think it is hyperbole, more power to ya, but what I felt it pushing a dangerous precedent is telling someone to leave. I can fully understand your sentiment, but I think it sends the wrong message. Rather than open up one's opinion it can invite counter-productive arguments, which leads us nowhere.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:54   Link #190
carbontaxes

Thing is, everything is simply subjective...until you make your vote on an objective scale. Now, protest vote.. that's great. But if you're just going to take the scale to the limit and fail to qualify your reasons for max negative voting very well, then really no one needs to hear from you until one day you feel like picking the manga back up again.

If you fail to qualify your hatred vote, then simply go away or you'll look like a tool with nothing else in life.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:56   Link #191
MalakTawus

Quote:
Clare forgiving Priscilla and rendevous and marry Raki? FAIL
I'd actually like this evolution in the story a lot (if done well,of course),that would be the "perfect human route",similar to the anime (more or less).
...but just to be clear, i wouldn't mind Claire to forgive Prissy only AFTER defeating her,i'd be super disappointed if those two won't fight each other,lol.
...but i wouldn't mind even Claire killing Prissy after an incredible duel....but always with the ending Claire and Raki together!!!

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-11-02 at 19:06.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:00   Link #192
Nixl

I would not call that an objective scale. No sir, I rather learn what Ryus meant by huckleberry than ever call it that. It is a crap shoot with numbers that are convenient for others to think.

I would rant more about the laziness that the score panel invokes in users, but I must go for now.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:01   Link #193
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

I don't see what's wrong with voting way low on something you didn't enjoy when there's never a shortage of people voting Perfect 10 (in some cases for virtually every chapter...), which is really something that should be reserved for exceptionally good stuff. Heck, some people could be voting Painful just to balance out the frivolous top scores.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:05   Link #194
limao
DeAd

I do believe the perfect 10 better fits this chapter rather the previous ones if not for the story, the drawings and concepts really justify it. At least things are coming out of their usual boredom into something...new.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:19   Link #195
claremore

Quote:
Yeah I get it, protest vote et al. I will just enjoy these peoples' continued rejoinders and efforts when they voted "crap". I care not if you think this is 'awkward'.

Even at the lowest point that I felt the series got (introduction of the zombies) I wouldn't have the nerve to vote that chapter as "total crap" and then keep on discussing it here as if I'm just so into it. I voted that chapter "below average".
so if its a 1, or a 10, i dont think the polls really matter much. it doesnt have feelings and also, it doesnt represent my opinion on the manga as a whole. clearly i am a fan of the series , just as easily we can give 10s on other chapters but nothing in this chapter i liked so...
Old 2011-11-02, 19:26   Link #196
carbontaxes

No, it's objective in the scale itself and at least it's stated intent, and also when you vote your -10, you need to be posting a pretty serious statement and as well to newcomers it's kind of like "... wow." These regulars are already aware of this as well, which is why I said, you either very clearly elucidate you protest vote or you just bow out.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:28   Link #197
dantyx

evreybody must escape ..3 Abyssal Ones in the Same Place at the Same Time ..
Old 2011-11-02, 19:28   Link #198
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
No, it's objective in the scale itself and at least it's stated intent, and also when you vote your -10, you need to be posting a pretty serious statement and as well to newcomers it's kind of like "... wow." These regulars are already aware of this as well, which is why I said, you either very clearly elucidate you protest vote or you just bow out.
Why should someone explain their reasons if they don't want to?
Its their opinion, and you demand to know their reasons. They don't have to share them with everyone if they don't want to.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-02, 19:33   Link #199
claremore

Quote:
well then... ill bow out because i based my vote off of miria killing hysteria with the sword in her mouth and that alone made me vote 1. so i made a rash judgement on something i didnt think meant anything anyways...if i could revote i think itd be around a 5 but people make mistakes...
i have hard time thinking mirias move is worthy of a 10.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:35   Link #200
carbontaxes

Oh you dont have to do a thing. But if you explain nothing and continue to be a barfly here on the Claymore forum, then you are tool. Who else could justify the time spent here after just hating the thing so much? At least do the easy thing and explain a protest vote ...rather than -10 a chapter without so much as skipping a beat. It all serves to invalidate your "subjective impression".
Closed Thread