AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-03, 15:42   Link #281
Falcor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lurking in a forum near you
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
No, Deneve does not need to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Why the hell does Helen need to become an alcoholic? That would be a bad thing.
And Deneve does not need to die.
By the same logic, she doesn't need to live, either.
Falcor is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 15:43   Link #282
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Because Helen as a raging drunk who is angry at the world would be damn entertaining. Sort of like, Cynthia being yandere for Yuma.

Also, I think I made a rather good compromise, Dr. Deneve can have her own show.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 15:44   Link #283
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
By the same logic, she doesn't need to live, either.
How do you figure that? what i said in no way justifies that she should die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Also, I think I made a rather good compromise, Dr. Deneve can have her own show.
I get the joke, but its not very funny.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 16:00   Link #284
Falcor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lurking in a forum near you
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
How do you figure that? what i said in no way justifies that she should die.
That was the point... what you said didn't justify anything either way. Simply stating the same thing repeatedly without any justification doesn't accomplish anything. I was hoping you would elaborate - to support your stance. Why must Deneve live? I'm not saying I want to see her die, mind you - I'm just playing devil's advocate to give you a chance to support your stance.
Falcor is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 16:06   Link #285
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
That was the point... what you said didn't justify anything either way. Simply stating the same thing repeatedly without any justification doesn't accomplish anything. I was hoping you would elaborate - to support your stance. Why must Deneve live? I'm not saying I want to see her die, mind you - I'm just playing devil's advocate to give you a chance to support your stance.
I already did, for both Helen and Deneve.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=997
She is important to the story.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 16:17   Link #286
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
perhaps even by a skillful use of both of her claymores at the same time
Are you sure she can fit TWO claymore grips in her mouth? On second thought, it's not impossible so why not make it happen.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
yononaka is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 16:20   Link #287
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Why would Deneve use her mouth?, I mean, Deneve does just fine using her hands. Add her mouth and she would surely be overwhelmed.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 16:32   Link #288
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Why wouldn't she use her mouth? Miria showed us the mouth is what finishes the job if the hands fall short.
yononaka is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 16:34   Link #289
Dj0rel
True Believer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
I would like Deneve to live to the end so that she can face the life she is afraid of loosing. (If that makes sense to any of you)
__________________
Not afraid of having a different opinion.
Dj0rel is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 16:55   Link #290
Jean Claymore
Former #9
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Ok... just read the chapter with "some" translations. Sorry didn't have much free time to read the previous posts, so I may be repeating the same thing over and over.

Spoiler for ch 120:


*Ahem So, I'm kinda expecting Yagi will give 2 routes if the series' ends with the org's defeat or continue with the story involving the DoDs. After all, the only enemies left until now are the new AOs and Priscilla... Hm, yeah thinking back now, Yagi IS rushing a little bit. I rather have preferred to see the original AOs battling with the ghosts instead of those mentally unstable antisocial warrior, beauty-obssessed witch and a mole slut
__________________
Jean Claymore is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 17:17   Link #291
murikibishii
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Org HQ
Whoa, it seems I've accidentally stepped into a porn convention. In any case, needless to say that I totally agree Deneve and Helen need to die asap so someone else can get a stab at the narrator job. If fact everyone should narrate their own story from now on, even if there's a sword sticking from their throat.

As for the chapter, I enjoyed the Cassandra vs Roxanne dynamic but Hysteria vs Miria got a lame standard shounen end to an already lame and repetitive standard shounen fight. Miria has pretty much joined my "must die" list with this. Kudos to Gooral for the bullet points on why. It took her longer but she's finally joined up with Helen and Deneve. I tell you three times. Die die die. Neg repping bullies, don't think you can scare me.
murikibishii is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 17:30   Link #292
Dark Night
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanks for the summary, Jean Claymore. It's kinda sad (in a weird way) to see Dae resigned to the Organization's demise. He could have a back-up plan, but in case he doesn't, it's just strange to see him resigned to death, for if his 'masterpiece' drops by, she'll surely leave him less than whole.

And yes, Miria intending to fall on that sword is still an asspull. For some reason Yagi didn't draw that sword (check when she lands on her knees), and with the execution of the finisher, well the whole thing fell flat.
Dark Night is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 17:33   Link #293
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
@Jean, based on that translation Hysteria got stabbed in the heart? I think that is a +1 to the undying zombie theory. It is also interesting to know Hysteria memorized Miria's moves.

Miria truly had no chance in hell of winning.


Also, Mole slut T_T
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 17:45   Link #294
Teresa4ever
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where Clare and Teresa are
Quote:
Originally Posted by murikibishii View Post
Whoa, it seems I've accidentally stepped into a porn convention. In any case, needless to say that I totally agree Deneve and Helen need to die asap so someone else can get a stab at the narrator job. If fact everyone should narrate their own story from now on, even if there's a sword sticking from their throat.
Is that a new hater group? The Deneve and Helen Haters, because that is pretty damn stupid. Just like the Raki Haters.

As Claymore! said, Deneve and Helen are very important characters that shouldn't die.

And on a different note, Raki is important too.
__________________
APPLES!!!
Hater, hater - I hate all haters
Teresa4ever is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 18:02   Link #295
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I imagine Roxanne's awakened form to be like cleopatra in dante's inferno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiWA8BLQBVg
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 18:08   Link #296
murikibishii
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Org HQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa4ever View Post
Is that a new hater group? The Deneve and Helen Haters, because that is pretty damn stupid. Just like the Raki Haters.
I don't hate them, I just want them to die because I've had it with their lucky escapes just so they can serve as narrators for stuff they can't even know. If I'd let that insult my intelligence time and time again, then I'd be stupid. Raki hasn't transgressed anywhere near as annoyingly, so he can live as far as I'm concerned. Fair is fair.

Thanks for the anonymous neg rep attempt to whoever it was. You're too new to make me lose any points.
murikibishii is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 18:08   Link #297
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010

You got 3 Abyssals at the same time? GOTTA BE AN ORGY!!
limao is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 18:20   Link #298
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
@Ryus
Quote:
I'm sorry but that's the only way those panel work. You are wrong.
No,just no.
The way that you use to describe the two different panels shows very clearly that you are understimating a lot the different prospective used in page 287 compared to page 288, so of course you arrive to different conclusions.
The difference in height in page 287 is relative (and can't be compared to the difference in height that we see in page 288....) and depends on the distance (in depht) between Miria and Histy.
If you imagine that in page 287 only the tip of Miria's sword has pass through the neck,you'll see quite easily that the scenario that i have described makes perfect sense,all it's needed is for Histy to be a bit bend down,and even that makes sense since she wanted to hit Miria on the ground.

Quote:
That is unless you're now saying Miria stabbed her from a sitting position then slid down her sword
If when you say "slid down her sword" you refer to Histy's neck getting pierced more and more by Miria's sword (and yes,Miria pierce Histy's neck from sitting position in my "version") while Histy falls on her knees....that's what i was saying from the very beginning,not just "now".

If you instead meant something else i don't understand what you are saying here.

Quote:
Plus as stated by others it's inconceivable that without an asspull on behalf of Yagi that Miria could out speed Hysteria strike due to her position, where the sword was, balancing the sword in her mouth, twisting head to aim the sword perfectly at such a vital spot, and then lunging up. On top of that both Miria and Hysteria where at 10% at the time and phantom wasn't used by either of them. Now lets not forget about all the blood loose and the greater number of injuries Miria had sustained that should have conceivably slowed her down and just handed Hysteria the victory by default.
Already gave an explanation about reaction times why this could happen with no problem at all.
In summary (very compressed summary....),it's obvious that the whole action to be successful must have been just a split second (taking the sword in her mouth and turning hitting Histy),all is needed is for Histy to be taken by surprise in that split second.

@yokoanna


Quote:
I could say "fair enough" but the thing is, as far as I can tell, you're not simply trying to counter the complaints, you're going further and saying that people are wrong to even bring them up. I don't have any problem with you defending Yagi if you like, but I do have a problem with you putting down other fans for expressing themselves sincerely.
Wrong.
I only said that imo it's wrong to complain so much (like happened this month) BEFORE the raw is even out basing only on unconfirmed spoiler.
About the complaints of the actual chapter i simply think that they are exaggerated,not that they are completely wrong (in fact i even said more than one time in previos posts that Yagi could have done things a little better).....and as everyone has every right to complain about what they don't like,i have every right to disagree and give my opinion.

And about the "impossible" matter,you should notice that when i was talking about "impossible things" i was clearly referring to "impossible things in the real world", and that is a concept completely different than "impossible things in claymore world".
I find it quite strange that people get annoyed NOW to see that in claymore can happen things that are 100% impossible for the real world.
We are over 20 volumes,you know? And this manga is full of absurd things from the very beginning,but for some strange reason those weren't a problem before....bha....


@Jean_Claymore

Quote:
I rather have preferred to see the original AOs battling with the ghosts instead of those mentally unstable antisocial warrior, beauty-obssessed witch and a mole slut
Agree 100%.
I also would have preferred to see the ghosts fight against Isley and Riful tbh,lol.
Hahaha, i also would have loved to see Claire and Riful allied...my dream destroyed
.......but it seems that Yagi had other plans....and in a way i also think that what Yagi did was actually quite great since gave the story a very unpredictable direction.
I just hope that Yagi don't try to be "unpredictable" even with Claire and Prissy,lol.
That's a battle that i want to see no matter what! *cross fingers*

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-11-03 at 19:42.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 19:12   Link #299
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin!
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa4ever View Post
Is that a new hater group? The Deneve and Helen Haters, because that is pretty damn stupid. Just like the Raki Haters.

As Claymore! said, Deneve and Helen are very important characters that shouldn't die.
I never said Helen should die quite the opposite I really like Helen. As for Deneve I wouldn't call myself a Deneve hater more I'm really indifferent towards her.
__________________
".........." -Some wise words from Adventure seeker Killy in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
TheRussianMeatClob is offline  
Old 2011-11-03, 19:29   Link #300
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Ulquihorror is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.