AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-05, 09:03   Link #461
ATM

What MalakTawus is implying about Miria thinking that since Hysteria is an offensive type of claymore and there for have lousy regeneration rate, makes 100% sense to me. But Giving Yononaka the benefit of the doubt it was foolish of her to let Hysteria out of her sight without performing a coup de grāce. However how could she performe a coup de grāce if she has no arms, could she bite Hysterias head off? Probably no. thats why she chose to first regenerate her arm, chop her head off, but then Hysteria started to biki, biki...

Even if Miria, some how was able to chop hysterias head off (with her theet most likely), the effort would probably would have amount to nothing since Priscillas power up would have her comming back anyways.
Old 2011-11-05, 09:05   Link #462
Nixl

Wow, I never suspected this topic would take off as it did. That deserves a pat on the back.

Also off-topic
@Malik
Spoiler for Skrim, you mean...:
Old 2011-11-05, 09:18   Link #463
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Please, lets not get into that debate again. It was bad enough the first time.
Hi Claymore! >. But the debate was based on so very little info. Now that we have Dae's statment there is so much to talk about, I mean By his standarts Priscilla is his holy grail, the perfection of his research, and yet he's not able to see it face to face. By the way I'm not a fan of Priscilla, not even near it. But the fact that Priscilla has the power of an Ao in one of her arms is huge, and it can't just go by without a proper discussion.

By the way, how did you liked Mirias fight? do you think it was fair that Miria was the victor? And do you remember what I told you somethime ago about the elegance technique being too predictable and all? >:P
Old 2011-11-05, 09:20   Link #464
MalakTawus

@ATM
Quote:
However how could she performe a coup de grāce if she has no arms, could she bite Hysterias head off? Probably no.
LOL,good point,i'm surprised i didn't notice this sooner,hahaha.

@Nixl

Spoiler for offtopic,skyrim:

@ATM
Quote:
Hi Claymore! >. But the debate was based on so very little info. Now that we have Dae's statment there is so much to talk about
Trust me,you don't want to wake up the sleeping lions. There are a lot of them around (i'm one of them,lol) and if by chance that discussion REALLY starts could be the end for this chapter thread (yes,i know,i'm exaggerating,lol)......maybe it's best to try to taunt the lions when the thread is half dead,at least it won't cover everything else,lol. (in that case i also could "play around" in the speculation-ballet, hahaha)
That's just my opinion........
Old 2011-11-05, 09:24   Link #465
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post

Even if Miria, some how was able to chop hysterias head off (with her theet most likely), the effort would probably would have amount to nothing since Priscillas power up would have her comming back anyways.
Not if Miria completely destroyed Hysteria. By that i mean cut off her head and cut it into a hundred pieces. And then do the same to her body. That way it would be impossible for her to awaken when she is cut into so many pieces.

Quote:
By the way, how did you liked Mirias fight? do you think it was fair that Miria was the victor? And do you remember what I told you somethime ago about the elegance technique being too predictable and all? >:P
I am glad that Miria was the "victor". I did not like Hysteria at all. And even if the things that Miria did were desperate, it shows just how hard she was trying to beat her. But Miria still has to kill Hysteria before she awakens completely.

I had another thought, maybe Audrey, Rachel, and Nina are still alive so that they will be killed by priscilla instead of any of the ghosts. They might sacrifice themselves so that the ghosts will survive.

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2011-11-05 at 09:37.
Old 2011-11-05, 09:41   Link #466
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

A stab wound to the neck wouldn't have killed Hysteria. She already got stabbed in the heart, and that barely fazed her. Chances are, it just paralyzed her since there's a sword stuck to her spine above her arms and couldn't pull it out.

DOCKING MODE~
Old 2011-11-05, 09:41   Link #467
ATM

Quote:
Not if Miria completely destroyed Hysteria. By that i mean cut off her head and cut it into a hundred pieces. And then do the same to her body. That way it would be impossible for her to awaken when she is cut into so many pieces.
without any arms? that would take an awful lot of time, and she would have to use her theet to do so and it would be like beheading someone with a nail clipper (a big nail clipper).

Quote:
I had another thought, maybe Audrey, Rachel, and Nina are still alive so that they will be killed by priscilla instead of any of the ghosts. They might sacrifice themselves so that the ghosts will survive
Yes, and I wish you wher right, Priscilla will see Audrey, Nina and rachel like Little appetizers before she goes into the main dish ( cassandra, Roxane and Hysteria). And while at it why not have some dessert after and get rid of the MiB that raki missed to kill.

However I have the ominous feeling that that is not gonna happen and Nina, Rachel and Audrey are gonna come out alive of this one. And all because of Mirias intervention. If the twins rescue them successfully that means that Miria is all by her self now and I frankly doubt that Miria is gonna make it out alive now.
Old 2011-11-05, 09:42   Link #468
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
But Giving Yononaka the benefit of the doubt it was foolish of her to let Hysteria out of her sight without performing a coup de grāce. However how could she performe a coup de grāce if she has no arms, could she bite Hysterias head off? Probably no. thats why she chose to first regenerate her arm, chop her head off, but then Hysteria started to biki, biki...
The thing is though, she didn't do it like that. It would have been very easy for Yagi to make her give some indication that she intended to do it like you said, but he actually gave a strong indication to the contrary. If she could perform the much more complicated mouth trick, simply lifting the sword up and bringing it down hard on Hysteria's stationary neck with enough force to sever it would have been trivial for her. Malak has argued before that given Miria's Claymore stats the mouth trick was reasonable, so how come this is suddenly a big deal?

@Malak
I just said it's not really Miria I'm not cutting some slack to, it's the person pulling her strings...
Old 2011-11-05, 09:50   Link #469
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
A stab wound to the neck wouldn't have killed Hysteria. She already got stabbed in the heart, and that barely fazed her. Chances are, it just paralyzed her since there's a sword stuck to her spine above her arms and couldn't pull it out.
She didn't get stabbed in the heart. If you look at the picture that shows where she got stabbed, it shows that the wound is on the right side of her chest. And not through her heart.

Quote:
without any arms? that would take an awful lot of time, and she would have to use her theet to do so and it would be like beheading someone with a nail clipper (a big nail clipper).
Miria has already started to reattach her arm. And since she is over her limit it should reattach quicker than normal. She still has a chance of destroying Hysteria before she awakens, however it is unlikely.

Quote:
However I have the ominous feeling that that is not gonna happen and Nina, Rachel and Audrey are gonna come out alive of this one. And all because of Mirias intervention. If the twins rescue them successfully that means that Miria is all by her self now and I frankly doubt that Miria is gonna make it out alive now.
Well the Ghosts if show up, she will have some back up.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-05, 10:01   Link #470
Ulquihorror

I wonder what is Raftela's reaction to those awakenings. She's the one who caused Cassandra's awakening. Also, we know the twins are rescuing the limbless bodies of the single digits, but what about their limbs/swords. I suppose there are also survivors in the lower ranks, what about them?
Old 2011-11-05, 10:04   Link #471
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
The thing is though, she didn't do it like that. It would have been very easy for Yagi to make her give some indication that she intended to do it like you said, but he actually gave a strong indication to the contrary. If she could perform the much more complicated mouth trick, simply lifting the sword up and bringing it down hard on Hysteria's stationary neck with enough force to sever it would have been trivial for her. Malak has argued before that given Miria's Claymore stats the mouth trick was reasonable, so how come this is suddenly a big deal?

@Malak
I just said it's not really Miria I'm not cutting some slack to, it's the person pulling her strings...
But to be able to stab Hysteria through the neck only required her to grit her sword with her teeth and wait for hysteria to performe ther elegance (create an image, move quickly very close to the side of her opponent and attack from behind) and that's how Miria got lucky, Hysteria landed right in front of that claymore. Using Hysterias own momentum she pushed that claymore through her neck without much effort (well if you are a pro in battle like Miria).

After that trying to sever her head with only your momentum is not as easy as it might sound, not that its not possible, but it will take you some time to do so, so the best option is to (like I said before you K.O. your opponent, he is not going to come after you anytime soon) go regenerate at least the arm you use to wield your claymore and then go back and finish the bitch (pardon my french).

And yes she could have stayed and severed Hysterias head if it was a versus fight, but it wasn't, there were other enemies, like multiple head Cassandra around, so baby you have to think fast or you are done.

So the best possibility was, if I was Miria, to stab Hysteria through the neck and then run like hell never looking back, forget about your arms! heck Cyntia might help with that later on. But you know how is Miria, she will see that everyone is ok before she thinks about herself.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:07   Link #472
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I wonder what is Raftela's reaction to those awakenings. She's the one who caused Cassandra's awakening
She'd be relieved, because it "would have happened anyway".

Edit:
Quote:
After that trying to sever her head with only your momentum is not as easy as it might sound, not that its not possible, but it will take you some time to do so, so the best option is to (like I said before you K.O. your opponent, he is not going to come after you anytime soon) go regenerate at least the arm you use to wield your claymore and then go back and finish the bitch (pardon my french).
Oh, come on, she could have done some kind of Phantom Body Drop Generating momentum is what she does best.

In any case, I'm taking a break now.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:07   Link #473
ATM

Quote:
I wonder what is Raftela's reaction to those awakenings. She's the one who caused Cassandra's awakening. Also, we know the twins are rescuing the limbless bodies of the single digits, but what about their limbs/swords. I suppose there are also survivors in the lower ranks, what about them?
Nah, its kinda unfair to blame her after what Daae said; that his newly ressurrected number one's were not gonna stay in their human form for very long.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:17   Link #474
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
Quote:
Also, we know the twins are rescuing the limbless bodies of the single digits, but what about their limbs/swords. I suppose there are also survivors in the lower ranks, what about them?
They'll probably have to wait until the fallout (from the proverbial shit hitting the fan) ceases to worry about little things, like reattaching limbs, collecting swords, and tending to the fodder.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:30   Link #475
MalakTawus

@yononaka
Quote:
Hmmmm.....yononaka,you said this:
Quote:
Or I could say it'd make Miria look less stupid if Hysteria (for some handwaved reason that doesn't make much sense to me) was indeed technically dead for a time.
That's why from your words it's pretty clear that you consider that IF Histy wasn't technially dead Mitia acted like a stupid......
......here you are clearly giving a judgment on how Miria acted in that situation (you are not simply judging the situation that Yagi created,you are really judging the character actions),insted i said that even judging the way Miria acted in that given situation it's not true that Miria acts like a stupid,what she did was actually pretty normal or at least there are TONS of reason that justify why Miria acted that way.
You actually judged the actions that Miria did and basically said that she acted like a stupid (especially if Histy wasn't technically dead), that's why i said to "cut miria some slacks".

This last discussion in particular has very little to do with Yagi's responsability since we are judging Miria's actions starting from the premise that the SITUATION IS A GIVEN FACT,this discussion doesn't focus if the situation in itself is good or not,it focus on Miria's actions in that situation.....big difference.

@Ulquihorror

Quote:
wonder what is Raftela's reaction to those awakenings. She's the one who caused Cassandra's awakening. Also, we know the twins are rescuing the limbless bodies of the single digits, but what about their limbs/swords. I suppose there are also survivors in the lower ranks, what about them?
Ehmmm,actually Raftela's actions are the only reason why maybe the rebels still have a little chance to survive......
Old 2011-11-05, 10:33   Link #476
ATM

Quote:
She'd be relieved, because it "would have happened anyway".

Edit:

Oh, come on, she could have done some kind of Phantom Body Drop Generating momentum is what she does best.

In any case, I'm taking a break now.
Opps I misse ya, I was just having brakfast, anyways, you could be totally right if the phantom wasn't a deffensive maneuver. A technique which mainly works for evation and not attack, but yea she ahs her super phantom now which is kinda offensive and why not just use it right away right? And you could be 100% right, but we don't know how hard is to perform that phantom without arms, we also have to consider that!
Old 2011-11-05, 10:37   Link #477
BlackMagister

Thinking about it if Miria survives this fight not only will she have a scarred eye, but I'm guessing she won't have her left arm either given how crazy it's going to get. In this fight retrieving and reattaching her left arm is a luxury.

Just gotta steal body parts from defensive types later
Although I wonder if defensive limbs can be attached to offensive types similar to requiring correct blood types.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:47   Link #478
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
Thinking about it if Miria survives this fight not only will she have a scarred eye, but I'm guessing she won't have her left arm either given how crazy it's going to get. In this fight retrieving and reattaching her left arm is a luxury.

Just gotta steal body parts from defensive types later
Although I wonder if defensive limbs can be attached to offensive types similar to requiring correct blood types.
Hehehe >I hope Miria is listening to you; Yep Miria your only priority now is to keep alive baby, don't get creative, you don't have to be a hero everytime, we get it you are cool with the helping others thing, just walk away, slowly don't drag much attention, very very slowly... and then run like hell!
Old 2011-11-05, 10:51   Link #479
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
I'm unclear on how reading the translation can tell you whether she had died or not. Was it stated somewhere I didn't notice (possible)? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know what told you that, if your understanding is based on the text and not the pictures.
well actually this part to know what happened both(the translation and the pictures) helped:
1- Hysteria didn't die instantly from that hit but she said "ridiculous" and continued talking and that tells you that she was alive.
2- If you didn't know this information about people don't die instantly even if you cut their head let me tell you that they stay conscious for 15 seconds and aware for 5 seconds (and I quote "Dr. Fink believed the brain might remain conscious as long as 15 seconds; that's how long cardiac arrest victims last before blacking out. (Dr. Fink's colleague put the window of awareness at 5 seconds.)") and she didn't get her head cut off so that tells you that she was alive for a time enough for her to awaken.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:51   Link #480
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

@Malak

To quote you: "Wrong." But it's not important anyway. Really going afk now.

@little_angel

Acknowledged.
Closed Thread