AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-26, 09:41   Link #941
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Invader View Post
Ahh I just requested a name change
I remember you used to be Amoredoll before that one .

As for the ending, I used to feel the ending was coming soon as well, but now that's changed....the thing to keep in mind is that the Staff's demise doesn't signal the end of the story; there's far too many things in the air for the story to simply end up like that - plus, with the right developments, it could easily be stretched further if the Org are still on the island, but merely fragmented now that they lost their dominance/authority.

Their's a million and one ways the story can end or stretch further on - whatever happens though, I don't want the story to be stretched on just for the sake of it and/or to the point that it's unrecognizable (hence why I'm not crazy for the mainland). In that sense, the earlier the series ends, the better; while I want the story to go on for much longer, I don't want it continue "just because".
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-11-26 at 10:17.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-11-26, 14:43   Link #942
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
I think that the manga will end not long after Clare kills Priscilla. I would like a few more chapters after the big fight that they will have. I would also like to some chapters with Clare and Raki together. Maybe Some chapters that would be a good way to end story.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 02:15   Link #943
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
only 48 pages????????????????????
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 10:49   Link #944
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
only 48 pages????????????????????
I blame Skyrim for my lack of joining in this chapters debate... hell I'm only on my PC atm since I'm playing the Star Wars The Old Republic Beta (which sucks btw, but for some reason i keep hoping it will get better ). If not for that I would be playing Skyrim even still and be back on here around Wednesday/Thursday looking for the new spoilers then.
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 11:33   Link #945
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
If chapter wouldn't suck that hard maybe there would be more people willing to discuss it. Among those who rated 8 or higher maybe 10% decided to justify their actions. Still the number of views is quite impressive, there were many better chapters where that number was only just above 30k.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 11:45   Link #946
Double_friedman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Any new spoilers? This is the worst time of the month: when I am aware that Claymore still exists and that there are some days before the out date :/
Whatever, I am hoping Roxanne doesn't lose her personality.
Double_friedman is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 16:23   Link #947
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
[mod edit: post removed]
Wow.....

---

The irony is that I'm probably the only one who thinks it's actually been a very productive month -- honestly, this has been the best chapter thread in a long long time in my opinion; even more so because of the irony that, many like Gooral, disliked the chapter.

Really, from the hilarious sex-filled chat-room like responses in the beginning, to the various discussions this month (including my beauty pagent-like take on "who's the new Ghost leader"), I haven't seen this kind of enthusiasm around here in a long time --- and again, it's all the more ironic considering a large number of people disliked the chapter.

Regardless of whether or not this chapter was any good or not, because there are those who did enjoy it, I personally enjoyed this month's discussion(s) very much -- here's hoping that spark of energy only continues to regrow again; we may just get the fun back into this place, just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore!
I think that the manga will end not long after Clare kills Priscilla. I would like a few more chapters after the big fight that they will have. I would also like to some chapters with Clare and Raki together. Maybe Some chapters that would be a good way to end story.
I agree on that point -- If Priscilla dies, the ending had better be somewhere close, because it would be stupid for the manga to continue to be stretched on long after she dies.

It's not favoritism; I've made this point many times before - she's very important not for who she is, but what she stands for; as one of the final bastions who's been around since the very beginning. I've said that I don't want the story to progress until it becomes unrecognizable from what it was -- killing off Priscilla, and seemingly concluding one (not the main) of the biggest conflicts in the whole story, and still continuing the story for a long time to come....that's exactly the recipe needed for me looking at volume 1, then looking at the current chapters/ending, and wondering "what the hell happened".
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-27 at 17:51. Reason: removed content of original post
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 16:37   Link #948
Double_friedman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Wow.....

---

The irony is that I'm probably the only one who thinks it's actually been a very productive month -- honestly, this has been the best chapter thread in a long long time in my opinion; even more so because of the irony that, many like Gooral, disliked the chapter.

Really, from the hilarious chat-room like responses in the beginning, to the various discussions this month (including my beauty pagent-like take on "who's the new Ghost leader"), I haven't seen this kind of enthusiasm around here in a long time --- and again, it's all the more ironic considering a large number of people disliked the chapter.

Regardless of whether or not this chapter was any good or not, because there are those who did enjoy it, I personally enjoyed this month's discussion(s) very much -- here's hoping that spark of energy only continues to regrow again.



I agree on that point -- If Priscilla dies, the ending had better be somewhere close, because it would be stupid for the manga to continue to be stretched on long after she dies.

It's not favoritism; I've made this point many times before - she's very important not for who she is, but what she stands for; as one of the final bastions who's been around since the very beginning. I've said that I don't want the story to progress until it becomes unrecognizable from what it was -- killing off Priscilla, and seemingly concluding one (not the main) of the biggest conflicts in the whole story, and still continuing the story for a long time to come....that's exactly the recipe needed for me looking at volume 1, then looking at the current chapters/ending, and wondering "what the hell happened".
Priscilla's going to be killed by Raki. He will cut her head while she's distracted...nothing . And I did enjoy reading claymore, but that doesn't mean I think this chapter was very coherent or even good. I do like reading Gooral's opinions.
Double_friedman is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 17:11   Link #949
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
Priscilla's going to be killed by Raki. He will cut her head while she's distracted...nothing . And I did enjoy reading claymore, but that doesn't mean I think this chapter was very coherent or even good. I do like reading Gooral's opinions.
I'm not even gonna start on the how, much less the why, on that theory . I guess anything's possible though if the right events lead up to it.

I think everyone's opinion's are worth reading, though I can see why frustrations can sometimes lead to explosions like carbontaxes just now .
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 18:06   Link #950
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I'm not even gonna start on the how, much less the why.
The Why is because priscilla is evil and she tried to kill Clare. Raki will do anything to protect Clare. Priscilla really wants to kill Clare and Clare really wants to kill priscilla, but if Raki chose to side with priscilla in a battle like that (or like what happened in the Anime) it would be pretty stupid. Besides Priscilla has already said hat she has no more use for Raki, do you really think that she wouldn't kill him to get to Clare? Why would Raki side with a monster over Clare (possible his future girlfriend ) anyways?

The How is...
I don't know, maybe something interesting

Quote:
I agree on that point -- If Priscilla dies, the ending had better be somewhere close, because it would be stupid for the manga to continue to be stretched on long after she dies.
You mean WHEN she dies right? What would have been the whole point of a revenge plot if Priscilla wasn't killed? She needs to die for the story to end. That has been the main plot from the very beginning. She needs to be defeated. Just like Miria needs to destroy the Organization and Clare needs to be reunited with Raki.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 18:34   Link #951
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin!
Age: 25
Lol everyone knows that Clare and Priscilla will fuse and then trick Raki into getting close to them then eat him.
__________________
".........." -Some wise words from Adventure seeker Killy in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
TheRussianMeatClob is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 18:46   Link #952
claremore
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post


You mean WHEN she dies right? What would have been the whole point of a revenge plot if Priscilla wasn't killed? She needs to die for the story to end. That has been the main plot from the very beginning. She needs to be defeated. Just like Miria needs to destroy the Organization and Clare needs to be reunited with Raki.
I actually think that priscilla will be saved by clare in some way.I think rafaela's mistake was killing her sister, thinking she could not bring her back. and that's what she wanted to tell clare, that killing pris is a mistake because she can save her. I kind of don't want priscilla to die either
claremore is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 18:57   Link #953
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
I actually think that priscilla will be saved by clare in some way.
Priscilla will be saved, by Clare killing her. After all before she awakened that's what she wanted. She would have preferred death over becoming a monster. So, death in itself would be a sort of salvation for priscilla. Like with Ophelia. She knew that she was a monster and allowed (to some degree) Clare to kill her. That was her salvation. In death she was free. Free from the curse of being a monster.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 19:05   Link #954
claremore
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
priscilla will be saved, by Clare killing her. After all before she awakened that's what she wanted. She would have preferred death over becoming a monster. So, death in itself would be a sort of salvation for priscilla. Like with Ophelia. She knew that she was a monster and allowed (to some degree) Clare to kill her. That was her salvation. In death she was free.
that's true, but what makes me think otherwise is the fact that rafaela was trying to stop her (or at least that's how it seems to me). And look what became of rafaela's decision to die killing her sister, the destroyer. So I get the feeling that rafaela is stopping clare from doing the same thing as her
claremore is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 19:14   Link #955
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
that's true, but what makes me think otherwise is the fact that rafaela was trying to stop her (or at least that's how it seems to me). And look what became of rafaela's decision to die killing her sister, the destroyer. So I get the feeling that rafaela is stopping clare from doing the same thing as her

I honestly don't see how you came to that conclusion. I don't know what you are even talking about.

Rafaela didn't know that her decision would create the destroyer when she did it. And if anything, Rafaela is helping Clare to kill priscilla. Who knows, maybe the destroyer is sucking priscilla's yoki away like a parasite so that she becomes weak. That way Clare (and possible the destroyer) could defeat her more easily.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 19:22   Link #956
claremore
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post

I honestly don't see how you came to that conclusion, or what you are even talking about.

Rafaela didn't know that her decision would create the destroyer when she did it. And if anything, Rafaela is helping Clare to kill priscilla. Who knows, maybe the destroyer is sucking priscilla's yoki away like a parasite so that she becomes weak. That way Clare (and possible the destroyer) could defeat her more easily.
I always felt bad for priscilla after all. I would rather she become human again than just being killed as the awakened being she is. So I'm trying to think of how that might be possible.
claremore is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 19:32   Link #957
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
If chapter wouldn't suck that hard maybe there would be more people willing to discuss it. Among those who rated 8 or higher maybe 10% decided to justify their actions. Still the number of views is quite impressive, there were many better chapters where that number was only just above 30k.
I would disagree Gooral, whether some believe the chapter sucks or not has very little bearing on the amount of replies. . Miria's "death" brought a lot of replies even though many thought it sucked.

There is not a lot to talk about from this chapter since it was pretty straight forward. It was pretty simple and direct through and through, which is not the best for ongoing mass debates that do not derive from off topic discussions.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 19:35   Link #958
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!

Priscilla turning human again?

That is way Disney-ish. This is a dark manga, I highly doubt that will happen.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 19:45   Link #959
claremore
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post

Priscilla turning human again?

That is way Disney-ish. This is a dark manga, I highly doubt that will happen.
Not necessarily, what if clare were to die in that event, not that I would want that to happen. Anyway, I just hope Priscilla doesn't die because of clare getting her revenge. I just don't like that outcome for some reason.
claremore is offline  
Old 2011-11-27, 19:47   Link #960
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I would disagree Gooral, whether some believe the chapter sucks or not has very little bearing on the amount of replies. . Miria's "death" brought a lot of replies even though many thought it sucked.

There is not a lot to talk about from this chapter since it was pretty straight forward. It was pretty simple and direct through and through, which is not the best for ongoing mass debates that do not derive from off topic discussions.
This is true -- in terms of chapter threads, this is one of the more memorable in recent memory...but of course, most of that discussion wasn't about the chapter itself since, as you say, it was a straightforward action-chapter with very little in actual discussing.

--

Claymore!, We'll see what happens....as I said, with the right answers and right explanations, anything is possible....Solace made a rather interesting post for example on souls which could explain how a biblical-like rebirth for her, and several others, could be possible, though I disagree.

And while this is indeed a dark manga, as you say, others like Gooral have noted that it's not as dark as it used to be unfortunately....not that it's no longer "dark", though I guess it depends on how 'dark' you want it to be.

As for Rafaela, I always believed in Cyclone's theory that she attempted to save her life (Luciella) and didn't kill her, or had any intention too - what he said made too much sense on too many issues - at the same time though, I'm not crazy about it because it also makes Luciella to black/white (Rafaela basically carried her humanity, so AB Luciella was essentially a humanity-less monster etc) and I hate such simplifying -- I hate simplifying almost anything in this story, especially the more ambigious things like Awakened Beings, which unfortunately, people are all too quick to not think outside the box.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.