AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-11-02, 22:23   Link #61
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Anyone else get the feeling that Noah will have pseudo ties to the Biblical "Noah's Arc"?
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 23:22   Link #62
james0246

^Either that or one of the main characters from Glee...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 23:35   Link #63
Undertaker

Ahhhh!!! having power and internet is great!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
Anyone else get the feeling that Noah will have pseudo ties to the Biblical "Noah's Arc"?
Tons people thought the same thing. But considering Luffy seems to do some direct damage to Noah in this chapter...who knows..

BTW, that Ussop statue looks pretty bad ass.
Old 2011-11-02, 23:49   Link #64
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

^ Well it's easy to assume that right away. The boat is named Noah and it's an Arc....everyone knows that 2+2=fish hince fishmen and fishman island, it's just Comic Sans...
Old 2011-11-02, 23:57   Link #65
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Elephant Gun, Snake Shot, and Red Hawk are all real-life firearm terms, bro.

Elephant Rifle is the insanely high caliber rifle you use to hunt Elephants.
Snake Shot is a name of small caliber ammo used to kill snakes and rodents.
Red Hawk is a Ruger revolver. And like I pointed out in the previous chapter thread, "Fire Fist Rifle" is a mistranslation by mangastream. It's Fire Fist PISTOL. Hence the reference.

Luffy's new moves will likely follow this trend, and use firearm terms with animal names in them.
Quote:
Red Hawk is also the name of a magnum revolver :|
cool! didn't know about that. attacks named after firearms with animal names huh? only oda could come up with that.
Old 2011-11-02, 23:57   Link #66
Rainbowman

I hope I'm not being off topic here, but I've been thinking: We may be getting two new members at the same time (assuming it becomes official). Both Jinbe and Shirahoshi had flashbacks that involve tragic deaths. Fisher Tiger died in Jinbe's portion and Queen Otohime died in Shirahoshi's portion. If both Jinbe and Shirahoshi were to join at the same time, it would be an original first time in the One Piece story.

As for Luffy's attacks being based on firearms with animal names, if there are any that is used to kill big cats, I hope they won't be used to senselessly kill the decreasing Tiger population in our current times. (worry)

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2011-11-03 at 00:10.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 23:58   Link #67
Shingai-san

So if the new moves are named after guns with some type of animal in their title.

Maybe a move with the Taurus Raging Bull revolver, and a Llama :>

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 00:51   Link #68
The Small One

Why did Chopper change into Monster form anyways? Just to show how cool he is?
I don't see the point.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 01:13   Link #69
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
So if the new moves are named after guns with some type of animal in their title.

Maybe a move with the Taurus Raging Bull revolver, and a Llama :>
How about the most obvious.

THE DESERT EAGLE.

And if it's a combo attack with Crocodile......
We will hear the moans of a million fangirls around the world that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why did Chopper change into Monster form anyways? Just to show how cool he is?
I don't see the point.
Perhaps the same reason why Sanji plotted Wadatsumi to blow himself up so large?

*wink wink, points at the sky*
Old 2011-11-03, 01:38   Link #70
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Elephant Gatling? Should'a saw that coming... seeing as it's Luffy's 3rd special in Gigant Battle 2~

But I'd have to say that's about it for Hody... though, he'll probably get back up and gobble up some more pills and we'll see where it goes from there~
Old 2011-11-03, 08:44   Link #71
desperado87

Fact

Hody is not done yet…..he will transform again and he’s gonna force luffy to go beyond his lame G2+G3+Haki shit!!!!Come on, this is really lame from Oda always using the same kind of shit like Gear Secondo or Gear Sato gomu gomu no crap…I mean luffy wants to be the pirate king for fuck’s sake.There’s no way luffy spent those 2yrs strengthening ONLY his haki and not learn how to master his devil fruit as chopper,brook or robin did….

BTW luffy learned the BASICS of haki, so he’s no way near at Admiral level OK! We shouldn’t believe that haki is everything,because back in enies lobby luffy came up with two new unique moves G2+G3 without training at all!!!
desperado87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 08:58   Link #72
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado87 View Post
Hody is not done yet…..he will transform again and he’s gonna force luffy to go beyond his lame G2+G3+Haki shit!!!!Come on, this is really lame from Oda always using the same kind of shit like Gear Secondo or Gear Sato gomu gomu no crap…I mean luffy wants to be the pirate king for fuck’s sake.There’s no way luffy spent those 2yrs strengthening ONLY his haki and not learn how to master his devil fruit as chopper,brook or robin did….
Luffy isn't even close to being pushed to his limits. That being said, whatever trump cards he has up his sleeve, he certainly won't use them on the vastly inferior Hody. It's unwarranted to do so.
Old 2011-11-03, 10:06   Link #73
marvelB

Y'know, what with the whole "animal-weapon" theme Luffy has going on with his new techniques now, I wonder how long it'll be before we see "Gomu Gomu no Cat o' Nine Tails"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Interestingly enough, we also see Marco wielding a sword back then.

Yeah, that actually reminds me that there were quite a few people who guessed that Marco would be a swordsman (this was before the war, of course). But seeing as Vista seems to be top swashbuckler of the crew, I suppose the phoenix-man is more like Rayleigh in the sense that he's more of a "jack of all trades, master of none".....

And yeah, I remember the Cerberus theory being tossed around last year, as well. I don't think he'll be a Cerberus Zoan or whatever, but I have been clinging to this little theory for a while now that Blackbeard will gain a third DF power, and by combining all 3 powers at once he'll gain the ability to manipulate time itself in some fashion (sort of like how Pucci obtained Stairway to Heaven in JJBA: Stone Ocean).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 10:10   Link #74
james0246

^Everyone knows that Luffy will use Haki to stretch time/stretch through time, so Blackbeard gaining time abilities isn't too far fetched...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 10:16   Link #75
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And yeah, I remember the Cerberus theory being tossed around last year, as well. I don't think he'll be a Cerberus Zoan or whatever, but I have been clinging to this little theory for a while now that Blackbeard will gain a third DF power, and by combining all 3 powers at once he'll gain the ability to manipulate time itself in some fashion (sort of like how Pucci obtained Stairway to Heaven in JJBA: Stone Ocean).....
That is very possible. Blackbeard already has a logia and a paramecia, so for completion's sake he would probably acquire a special zoan ability. Stopping time is incredibly hax; Oda would have to pull off something convincing to take down Blackbeard if that turns out to be the case.
Old 2011-11-03, 10:31   Link #76
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy isn't even close to being pushed to his limits. That being said, whatever trump cards he has up his sleeve, he certainly won't use them on the vastly inferior Hody. It's unwarranted to do so.
I agree. It's entirely toooooooo early to show any "trump cards".
Old 2011-11-03, 11:11   Link #77
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Well, the final battle (if there will ever be one) with Blackbeard should be epic, but not "stretching through time" epic - BB with 3 DFs would already be super hax.
By the way, his 2 DFs are pretty weird already for a Logia and Paramecia - the first doesn't let him turn into an element and the second doesn't let him change his body, although they're both devastating when used for offensive attacks.
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:38   Link #78
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Well, the final battle (if there will ever be one) with Blackbeard should be epic, but not "stretching through time" epic - BB with 3 DFs would already be super hax.
By the way, his 2 DFs are pretty weird already for a Logia and Paramecia - the first doesn't let him turn into an element and the second doesn't let him change his body, although they're both devastating when used for offensive attacks.
Actually in my eyes Gura Gura has incredible offensive capability while Yami Yami has both incredible defense and supplementary capabilities.
In other words BB has one of the strongest shield and sword in OP.

However...with Haki being put into the mix, tables can and will be turned. I hope to balance things out a bit, Oda DOESN'T have BB master Haki (possibly except King's Disposition) and it would actually fit BB's character not to bother learning Haki since he can already harm Logia

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:43   Link #79
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

I loved the scary monster to funny Chopper switch on the last page...It will make a great scene in the anime version.
Old 2011-11-03, 12:29   Link #80
noktown

I don't think there will be "time" involvements in this series,Oda's much better than that...
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote