AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 23:23   Link #821
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I got a question, how many people felt that Hanbei was cute giving orders out in episode 6?
*raises hand* As I've mentioned in the past, Hanbei seemingly exists to be utterly adorable, regardless of what she does.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 05:30   Link #822
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
......... I shouldn't have ever clicked that link. I got a question, how many people felt that Hanbei was cute giving orders out in episode 6?
I guess I have become someone who can find Hanbei look cute in whatever she's doing
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:43   Link #823
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Usually music and soundtrack (save for the OP and ED) don't get much discussion, but I took a second thought on the music used while Nobuna saw Saru was still alive on the last episode (6th isn't it?) and realized the composition style seems familiar. A quick look at the staff list shows Yasuharu Takanashi as the composer for the OST. I am quite fond of his work for the Shin Hokuto no Ken OVAs, but that's for another story.

That said piece of music really caught my attention, and I suppose I would love to look forward to the OST of this series.

... This series is really in good hands, aren't they?
Yeah Yasuharu Takanashi been around the anime industry and other areas more than once in his life time. He compose music for both the movie and show of Naruto Shippuden, Pretty Cure series, Battle Vixens, Fairy Tail, Hell Girl, and other OVA.

He even done Ultraman Max, Halo Legends, and done the theme music for Pride Fighting Championships, a pioneer of Mix martial arts and many of its fame fighters are a part of the Ultimate Fighter Champion (UFC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakanaka Shouko View Post
Madhouse is indeed a good anime studio. And they're doing great with Oda Nobuna.
Madhouse, yeah I consider them one of the top dogs in the anime industry considering they done over 100 anime shows. Some of their notable works that I think many know are Black Lagoon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, Death Note, and Highschool of the Dead. There are a lot more series that they are famous for, but too long to write them all down.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:20   Link #824
SpAyKeR

The series reminds me of Zero no Tsukaima, exactly the same theme, guy appeared in the past and he does not know how. I started to liking the series from the first episode. But I can't find any visual novel/manga ;(

"Never need to question, how to defeat you" -by Disturbed
SpAyKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 10:31   Link #825
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAyKeR View Post
The series reminds me of Zero no Tsukaima, exactly the same theme, guy appeared in the past and he does not know how. I started to liking the series from the first episode. But I can't find any visual novel/manga ;(
There is a Manga, but it only release two chapters. The Light Novel is currently being translated on Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2012-08-17, 14:18   Link #826
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAyKeR View Post
This is totally different from znt.

First off the Saru doesnt have any special powers.
He's not a reincarnated hero, he's not super strong, he's not even bright.
He's a normal high school kid, who loves sengoku history games, and uses his experience in said games for conquest.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 16:54   Link #827
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
This is totally different from znt.

First off the Saru doesnt have any special powers.
He's not a reincarnated hero, he's not super strong, he's not even bright.
He's a normal high school kid, who loves sengoku history games, and uses his experience in said games for conquest.
You forgot to add he's not treated NEARLY as poorly by his "love interest."
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 16:58   Link #828
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

"Main character summoned to another world and becomes a hero" is older than ZnT.

Though oddly enough, the examples that come to mind involve girl MCs. Escaflowne and Magic Knight Rayearth. But I'm sure I could come up with boy examples if I had to. (I know! Mär and Dual! Parallel Adventures)
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 17:00   Link #829
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Saito is a dog, Saru is saru.
Old 2012-08-17, 17:27   Link #830
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Saito is a dog, Saru is saru.
True story. A monkey is closer to a human being than a dog.

Sagara relies on his accumulated knowledge from games while Saito waves legendary power 1337 around.

Both male leads are kind of dumb, though I like the fact that Sagara doesn't rely on some legendary power, but on his accumulated knowledge as a Oda Nobunaga otaku
Old 2012-08-17, 17:32   Link #831
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
True story. A monkey is closer to a human being than a dog.

Sagara relies on his accumulated knowledge from games while Saito waves legendary power 1337 around.

Both male leads are kind of dumb, though I like the fact that Sagara doesn't rely on some legendary power, but on his accumulated knowledge as a Oda Nobunaga otaku
Well another difference is the knowledge that Sagara has is his own, Saito got his power from a kiss. Also, Sagara is dumb at times but he has his moments and he isn't easily swayed by other women.

Why are we comparing these two protagonists in the first place?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-08-17 at 17:59.
Old 2012-08-17, 17:34   Link #832
Sumeragi
Banned

Because someone is comparing the wreck of an adaptation as Zero no Tsukaima to Oda Nobuna no Yabo.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 17:36   Link #833
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

I still can't fathom how and why that even came about...

Last edited by Ridwan; 2012-08-17 at 17:49.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 17:47   Link #834
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Because someone is comparing the wreck of an adaptation as Zero no Tsukaima to Oda Nobuna no Yabo.
True, Zero no Tsukaima anime had a lot of things change and taken out from the Light Novel. It broke my heart what they did to vol 8, it was suppose to be an epic stage on Zero no Tsukaima. Also include the fact that the female protagonist of Oda Nobuna no Yabou is quite enjoyable and not incompetent at times to point where she needs to be protected for the most part like the one in Zero no Tsukaima.
Old 2012-08-17, 19:36   Link #835
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
"Main character summoned to another world and becomes a hero" is older than ZnT.

Though oddly enough, the examples that come to mind involve girl MCs. Escaflowne and Magic Knight Rayearth. But I'm sure I could come up with boy examples if I had to. (I know! Mär and Dual! Parallel Adventures)

The idea is certainly not new. From the top of my head, I can think of El Hazard, a mid 1990s anime in which 3 high school students and their teacher are summoned to the world of El Hazard. The story is told from the perspective of Makoto Mizuhara, who receives the special power to link with the powerful relics of El Hazard.

The way I look at it, "Main character summoned to another world and becomes a hero" is simply a variation of the popular "Mysterious character(s) appear in the normal person(s) life and turn the normal life around" plot line. Examples of such anime would be Tenchi Muyo, Sora no Otoshimono, Ah! My Goddess, Card Captor Sakura.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 21:18   Link #836
Sakanaka Shouko

Light novel based animes tend to be good since Light novels generally have good plot.
However, if the studio is not competent to make a good adaptation, the anime will likely be a failure.
Old 2012-08-18, 07:02   Link #837
mangatron

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Episode 06

NOOOooooo Goemon was shot, who in this world could even point a gun at such a cute girl! I blame you DirectX, all that fighting over Goemon made her jump for her life

I see the main topic this week was Katsu-chan's armor I stopped being amazed at that thing since episode 01, what's so strange about flexible metal/steel

Gotta say this series is a lot of fun though. And I still know jack about Japanese history

Of all the headgear the artist had to give her....

#@#%^%^*%^&*|\|TR let go of her, you stupid Saru! Can't you see you are crushing her chain mail?
I want to hug her too!

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 07:13   Link #838
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Of all the headgear the artist had to give her....
What's that headgear about? I keep seeing pictures of that with quotes about forming contracts but I have no idea where it comes from.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 07:22   Link #839
Mephos

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
What's that headgear about? I keep seeing pictures of that with quotes about forming contracts but I have no idea where it comes from.
While I could explain, I'm too lazy to do so, so I suggest you search for Kyubey on google.
Mephos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 08:37   Link #840
gbatemper

Katsuie best girl. Love her useless armor that hands can slip under.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen