AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 12:51   Link #341
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Shamal still fit the theme of having all the Wolkenritter playable. I simply have a hard time imagining a development meeting going like this:

"Who should we add as the 2nd playable Force character?"

"I know! How about that girl who never does any fighting?"

"That's a great idea!"
Old 2011-05-28, 13:42   Link #342
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Except that she may fight yet. Unless you know the entire layout of the future plot, you can't say she can't be as major a fighter as Shamal, the backline barrier generator and medic. As for why they'd use Lily, if she isn't really a fighter but support? Removing Shamal, but keeping someone with a similar moveset, could happen, since I'm personally doubtful they'll include the characters from the previous game at this point, though still hopeful.

Before Aki jumps on Wolkenritter are getting worfed and they'll never be major in anything else, they do have a movie coming, and Hayate is still in there. If they did this (I'm not even saying this will happen), it's just because they want to focus on the new characters and give them a chance in this a bit more. Not saying you will Aki, but it seems like something you'd do. :P

Anyways, barring the potential combat thing... maybe they'll include Lily because she's major and of importance to the plot? And iconic of Force as a whole? Even if she's not the best fighter, just as a support unit you can be in this game, again, as evidenced by Shamal and Yuuno. I'm not saying she will be in, but saying there is absolutely no chance what so ever that she'll be in this game in any playable role alongside every single character they've bothered to show before the release of the game seems odd to me.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 13:56   Link #343
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And Lily fits the theme of having all elements of the Strosek playable.

If you want a line of reasoning, how does "She's pretty much the poster girl of Force" sound?

Or maybe because Thoma is more linked to Lily than any other character? What with the whole Eclipse and piggyback thing that's been going on for... pretty much the entire manga and all.
Old 2011-05-28, 20:50   Link #344
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Shamal still fit the theme of having all the Wolkenritter playable. I simply have a hard time imagining a development meeting going like this:

"Who should we add as the 2nd playable Force character?"

"I know! How about that girl who never does any fighting?"

"That's a great idea!"
Okay Raiser now your just being overly biased...
Old 2011-05-28, 21:07   Link #345
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

So.

Lily showed up in one picture...and everybody assumed she's going to be a playable character? There's always the possibility of her being Mission Control, MacGuffin Girl, Tohma's device (as in, she only showed up with girl form in his mind) and lots and lots of other possibilities y'know. Combat commentator, even.

And I prefer Isis.
Old 2011-05-28, 22:52   Link #346
Mirron

Well... everyone else shown has been playable so far. I suppose she could be our Amy, but not like Amy was showing up in artwork before the game was out, or even after, so I'm doubtful on that. Everyone else in the first game was playable, to the best of my knowledge.

Page claim for Lily.
Old 2011-05-29, 00:54   Link #347
aers
*Fansubber

2ch spoiler thread saying Nyantype confirms Lily is in the game. No picture for actual confirmation yet.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 01:44   Link #348
Justin_Brett

Nice timing.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 10:52   Link #349
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Isis, man i just hope Isis manage to be in the game.

And while it's true that will suck to get the wolkenritter kicked out of the playable cast i think it will be nice to have Miura representing them(but as i said before, pretty unplausible considering she's a minor character on ViVid), still feels weird to have just Hayate alone on this adventure xDU. Hope that at least the Wolks get some "game art" with her on her routes or her ending.

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 11:27   Link #350
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm tempted to throw up my hands and cry "finally!" at Hayate getting some time to spend as part of the Aces. I like the Wolkies, but Hayate never really got to make good her title as one of the three aces since pretty much all screentime went devoted to her status as one of the Wolkies.
Old 2011-05-29, 11:39   Link #351
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, technically Hayate is not one of the Wolkies, it's actually the opposite direction, the Wolkies are part of the Yagami family. The Wolkenritter is more like the codename Signum. Vita, Shamal and Zafira share as the Boook Master's personal Knight Unit.

Still i can understand what you're saying about Hayate, we need to see more of her shinning in battle by herself(her nukes are cool but there's more to hetr than that, or at least i like to believe it). It's still quite strangfe not seeing her knights around accompaning her into battle but a myriad of excuses can be applied for this:

-Hayate(and the rest of the playable cast) trapped on an alternate dimension or time plane thus being separated from the wolks.
-The time guards need only Hayate for a special mission and have no use for the wolkiies.
-The Wolkiies get curbstompped by one of the new characters or by the appearance of a Huckebein playable character.
-The Wolks are busy in helping to solve another dificult task(like fighting an army of mooks or a giant monster, or on a quest to retrieve items necessary for the plot) and leave Hayate in care of Nanoha and Fate.

...the list can go for pages, just hope to receive a more elaborate explanatuion for their abscence rather than "they stay at home, deal with it".

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-29, 13:59   Link #352
Mirron

Even if the name Wolkenritter only applies to the four guardian knights, overall Hayate is, for all intents and purposes, part of it, because she is so tied to them. It makes it hard for her to shine on her own merits, like Fate and Nanoha.

And yeah, though if Miura was going to be a major part of the plot, it'd be interesting seeing her show up. Personally, since I'm hoping sometime this will happen, it'd be nice if the third person was Ixy, since they somewhat built her up as their hypothetical third "ace", and seeing her in action would be cool, at least to me. But I know that won't happen unless they wake her up soon and have her do stuff.
Old 2011-05-29, 14:13   Link #353
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I haven't "heared" SSX yet so i don't have any idea of Ixpellia's combat capacity, with the info i have about her i imagined the girl as a passive living McGuffin that mantain the "Marriage" program. Did she shows any fighting skills during that sound stage?

Back to the rooster it will be a shame if Zafira got left out because now that Arf is in the game it would be cool to see some interaction between them or at least to have "dogfights"(yeah that was lame xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-29, 14:29   Link #354
Mirron

She doesn't, to the best of my knowledge, just feels like she could have combat potential. Again, it feels like she's the third ace of sorts for the trio. So if she, eventually, was going to do something actually combat-related, it'd be neat to see her do something, or so I think.

Eh, I think it'd be a shame in general to lose any of them. I would have liked a chance to play as Shamal... though I guess it's all moot, because it won't ever get translated here, and I doubt I'll buy it since I don't know much about ordering foreign games.
Old 2011-05-29, 14:38   Link #355
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
the psp shares a region with us and japan, i'm sure something can be done :3

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 14:44   Link #356
Mirron

Oh no, I know I could buy it, I just would have to buy it from a Japanese company most likely, and I just don't want to go through that hassle, since from what I've gathered, it can be tricky to buy games and such that way.
Old 2011-05-29, 15:42   Link #357
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
amazon japan is not so hard, there's guides out there

there's also middle man services that can sort it out

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 16:03   Link #358
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Oh no, I know I could buy it, I just would have to buy it from a Japanese company most likely, and I just don't want to go through that hassle, since from what I've gathered, it can be tricky to buy games and such that way.
There are plenty of english language sites for import. Play-Asia is a good one:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3iiv.html

The only 'tricky' part about it is you have to wait longer to get it (2-3 weeks).
Old 2011-05-29, 16:26   Link #359
Mirron

Well, guess I can look into it. I need more things on my PSP anyways. :P
Old 2011-05-29, 16:34   Link #360
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I got my copy of Battle of Aces from Play-Asia. I also imported Macross Ultimate Frontier, Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus, and Another Century's Episode Portable from there too. I can vouch for their service