AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-27, 19:31   Link #1261
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
So, like magic but with another name xD?

Kind of redundant isn't?
It's already redundant; this explanation doesn't change that fact. Because whatever energy the Eclipse is using, it acts basically just like magic except that it kills everything it comes in contact with, or makes monsters out of what survives.

This just happens to be exactly like BlazBlue's seithr, which itself is different from the "true magic" within its own setting.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 19:32   Link #1262
Kuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarletSword View Post
Ah, I see! Managed to guard crash her, but unforunately I ran out of time and lost before I damaged her enough to be below my health.

She deals a ton of damage... I pretty much have to strike at her from long range while dodging her clusters of bullets. Not fun.

*tries sequence again*
Just remember, it's alright to shoot her when she brings out the wings, but don't try to shoot through her shots! That always fails, she's got priority over everyone.

In fact, it's pretty much a game of chicken, she'll almost always correctly dodge when she's not attacking, and spamming will just end up with you trying to reload in the middle of those wing attacks she's got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold
The Bible is an Azure Grimoire!
And Curren is Terumi. We've even got the mechanics for screwing up time like a Boss.

I just hope we're not going to keep seeing re-releases of this game though.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 19:34   Link #1263
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Soooo...

How do I damage U-D in Sequence 10? She simply owns both Levi and Stern in extremely quick fashion and I can't even put a scratch on her, and judging from the number of battles, I need to win against her with both Levi and Stern to get the two badges..
There are two ways to doing this.

One way is to do grabs while in close range, this damages her regardless if her magic bar is still there before guard crash. One way to ensure that you can grab her is to charge in when she is doing that mass projectile attack, but you have to be close in terms of long range. Full Bursts attacks also do damage as well regardless of the bar.

The other way is to use what Levi and Stern have.

Stern's long range beam is the best shot as it can take a good chuck off the bar, but only use the single shot at long range. Keep distance and keep firing until guard crash, then you can do whatever.

Levi is around the same thing, you have to spam a viable projectile attack or use the grab manuever alot.

The only issue is the clues you are given through the battle since her clues are pretty easy to tell.

The big issue at hand is not to defeat her outright. You just need to win with more health than her remaining. or unless you can rush her after the guard break. But guard breaking her takes alot of time.

One good thing to use is guard crashing yourself if you run out of magic since the guard crash gives an invincibility time of about a sec or so. Very useful if you are dealing with the mass projectile spam fire and can't dodge out of the way. Do the guard crash on yourself when she fires the mass projectiles. Helps save you from taking unnecessary damage. I've tried it and tested it. It works and helps.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 19:36   Link #1264
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

You actually can avoid those projectiles if you just keep moving to one of the sides. More so with Levi in Sprite form.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 19:41   Link #1265
TheScarletSword
Befriender

Send a message via AIM to TheScarletSword Send a message via MSN to TheScarletSword
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
.... I meant that he gets to meet Vita (and Vita wants to pound that villain look a like XD)
Oooh >>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
There are two ways to doing this.

One way is to do grabs while in close range, this damages her regardless if her magic bar is still there before guard crash. One way to ensure that you can grab her is to charge in when she is doing that mass projectile attack, but you have to be close in terms of long range. Full Bursts attacks also do damage as well regardless of the bar.

The other way is to use what Levi and Stern have.

Stern's long range beam is the best shot as it can take a good chuck off the bar, but only use the single shot at long range. Keep distance and keep firing until guard crash, then you can do whatever.

Levi is around the same thing, you have to spam a viable projectile attack or use the grab manuever alot.

The only issue is the clues you are given through the battle since her clues are pretty easy to tell.

The big issue at hand is not to defeat her outright. You just need to win with more health than her remaining. or unless you can rush her after the guard break. But guard breaking her takes alot of time.

One good thing to use is guard crashing yourself if you run out of magic since the guard crash gives an invincibility time of about a sec or so. Very useful if you are dealing with the mass projectile spam fire and can't dodge out of the way. Do the guard crash on yourself when she fires the mass projectiles. Helps save you from taking unnecessary damage. I've tried it and tested it. It works and helps.
So far managed to beat her with Stern via her decent long range shots as you said. Time out, of course.

Levi is a bit different thus far, only her small bullets will work in terms of getting the guard meter down. I didn't know you can deal damage with Full Drive attacks or grab attacks, though! Probably just weakening her even a little then dodging/blocking until the time runs out should do the trick as you said.

I must say though, this game's difficulty is a pretty big step up from The Battle of Aces. The only challenge in that game was Shamal's route... and that wasn't even because of the route itself.
TheScarletSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 19:43   Link #1266
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

@Laith
That is also true, but problem is that if you are already in motion while she is about to fire it, the projectiles move even more towards you and have a high probability of hitting you. How that projectile fire works depends on what is going on. Since I tried the whole keep moving normally and there were times I got hit regardless I was still moving since the tracking changes depending on what you do initially.
Old 2011-12-27, 20:13   Link #1267
TheScarletSword
Befriender

Send a message via AIM to TheScarletSword Send a message via MSN to TheScarletSword
Finally won... a lucky hit with Full Drive from the battle start, used Sprite Form and stayed away from U-D the entire time. Thanks!

I have like over 70k Lyrical Points.. I'm to assume the option for buying stuff with them opens up after Final Sequence is cleared or something.
TheScarletSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 20:34   Link #1268
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Finally won... a lucky hit with Full Drive from the battle start, used Sprite Form and stayed away from U-D the entire time. Thanks!

I have like over 70k Lyrical Points.. I'm to assume the option for buying stuff with them opens up after Final Sequence is cleared or something.
The Lyrical Points are like exp points. This goes towards your Multiplayer card and denotes what level you are. The more you play the better your score. Ranking goes in the same fashion as magical ranks in Nanoha series.

Ranks: From what I assume based on the magical rankings.
F->E->D->C->B->A->AA->AAA->S->SS->SSS

Earning more Lyrical points unlocks things. Unless they are unlocked already through certain conditions. Characters, costumes, the 'power up' options/modifiers, different things depending. From what I hear getting to a 1 million lyrical points unlocks pretty much everything besides DLC or stuff that needs passcodes.
Old 2011-12-28, 07:55   Link #1269
Aaron008R

Gaah...

orz

I FINALLY finished all the chores for today. I'm really sorry guys. I'm too tired to post a Sequence review right now. I'll try posting one or two tomorrow, so please bear for now.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 10:23   Link #1270
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Why else would Reinforce blame herself for all that the Book of Darkness caused, rather than blaming the Unbreakable Darkness that corrupted her?.

Then again, if the Tome really had been built around the UD before later being deliberately corrupted into the Book, Reinforce could blame the death and destruction on the jerk who corrupted her.

So in either case, she's blaming herself for the decisions of others.
Because Reinforce is the self-blaming type of girl? Given that A's previously established that there was a time before the book of darkness was corrupted, I don't see how the specifically designed for controlling UD theory holds, since there wouldn't be such a time.

Besides, it wouldn't have been known as the Night Sky if it was corrupted right of the bat.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 10:59   Link #1271
Sunder the Gold

That assumes that the U-D is the reason that the Tome was corrupted.

Isn't it possible that the Tome successfully sealed the U-D, and did not become the Book until someone deliberately tampered with it?

Don't get me wrong, your theory is equally or more plausible. But this other theory is also plausible, and yours is not absolutely supported.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2011-12-28 at 11:19.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 12:10   Link #1272
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

There are other theories such as that the Yaten no Sho was what it was simply as a tome of magical knowledge. The guy who 'corrupted' it, had gotten possession of it, used it to try and take System U-D into it so that he could have access to all it's destructive power, thus needing to change various things such as the original state of the Yaten no Sho, and altering it to the point so that it would taken in System U-D. And quite possibly changed the name to Yami no Sho to account for the change and acquirement of the System U-D. Without realizing that one of the issues with System U-D is that it would always destroy everything when fully active, thus creating the cycle of atrocities that happened throughout the history of the Yami no Sho.

To account for Reinforce and the Guardian Knights. System U-D, by itself basically made sure that Reinforce, and the Guardian Knights had no knowledge of 'her.' Also setting up so that any data about 'her' in the Yami no Sho was erased, so not even new masters would know. Then it was all left to rumors that later developed about the Yami no Sho and its vast amount of powers that can give to the master when the book's pages are collected. Thus why most of the masters of the Yami no Sho before were always the type that sought power, abused Reinforce and the Guardian Knights to collecting the pages.

Since Reinforce or the Guardian Knights have no prior knowledge, Reinforce believes that she is the one causing all the destruction, though only partially true as she is an outlet of System U-D's destructive power when fully active. System U-D is generally dormant most of the time until the pages are all collected. In terms of priority. Reinforce and the Guardian Knights tend to be around for all of the page collecting bits while System U-D just sleeps. When all the pages are collected, System U-D takes over, the Guardian Knights tend to be reabsorbed into the Yami no Sho, Reinforce is then forced to watch the destruction thinking that she is the cause as she has no control over any of it as System U-D is the one doing it. And afterwards Reinforce is back into the book and the book reincarnates itself somewhere else. Repeat for many, many times until it comes into Hayate-chan's hands.
Old 2011-12-28, 14:52   Link #1273
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Interesting and very plausible until the part of "U-D pulling the strings" because apparently even U-D "herself" lacks free will to use her powers as showed during her battle with the Florian sisters. She also sports a "it's all my fault" personality like Reinforce.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 16:54   Link #1274
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

It is mentioned during U-D's dialogue during the game that she herself deleted all information about her and kept herself hidden, no knowledge of her would ever exist in the Yami no Sho.

However I think I may have rushed my theory and didn't explain properly enough. Didn't mean for System U-D to be 'controlling' anything, just meant that once the powers go berserk no one can really stop her or Reinforce, depending who is doing it at the time.

Overall, the beserk destroy everything powers is the main cause of all the beserk states for Reinforce and Yuri until they are freed somehow. Most of the stupid atrocities are just from the powers going full active because of all the pages being collected by the damn power hungry idiots. It's kinda like a weird time/key lock. Either through an amount of time if nothing happens and forces a situation to do so, or have all the 'keys' in place, will cause the whole thing to go berserk destroy everything mode. Or goes into the whole auto-defense destroy everything mode if it detects that it is captured/gonna be destroyed/gonna be sealed away thing gonna happen to the Yami no Sho.

As Akiyoshi pointed out earlier, Yuri is not in control of the berserk powers and destroys everything. Thus her usual statements of 'leave me alone, if I'm alone I will not destroy anyone.' 'It's no use, anyone who tries to save me, they'll be destroyed by me.' or even 'I don't want to, but I can only destroy.' etc lines. The whole Yami no Sho and Kurake no Yami incidences are freaking mirrors of each other. Just make one side darker than the other.
Old 2011-12-28, 17:00   Link #1275
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^More like Yami no Sho is borrowing it's power and tendencies from Kurake no Yami.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-28, 17:07   Link #1276
Justin_Brett

Quote:
But Thoma says that she wasn't able to save him and Lily, it was Cypha and the Huckebein. (Yep, alternate future version who joins the Huckebein)
Oh shit, something involving that that's actually relevant to Signum's character. Nice.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 17:12   Link #1277
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Oh shit, something involving that that's actually relevant to Signum's character. Nice.
Yeah, i'm also thankfull for that little bit of posisble character developement for Signum. Also for Tohma, as Dark Pieces represent repressed toughts or desires this now confirms that there's a part of Tohma inside him that still feels allured by the offer of the Huckebein family.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-28, 17:27   Link #1278
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Yami no Sho is a tome of magical knowledge thus has every magic that is recorded into it still there. So what's there not to say that it doesn't just use what it's got. -shrugs-

----------------------------------------------------------
Gah I finally go my GoD box in now. God I love the stuff in here besides a one that is like the typical "Why, Japan, Why?!" reactions.

The GoD box is a tad smaller than the Battle of Ace's box due to the fact it is not carry a figma but nendoroids.

Contents:
1 DVD - nice little thing, watched some of it.
- CG movie opening with Nana Mizuki's Romancers Neo song
- CG movie that acts like an opening act-ish, has battle sequences
- Talks about the characters. Only Amitie, Kyrie, Nanoha, Fate, Hayate-chan, Stern, Levi, and Dearche. I think...I kinda skipped this one cause it was 22 minutes long.
- The online trailer of the game that is on the game website.
- The commercials for the game

1 shower curtain of the girls, or at least most of them in a hot spring. -thus my Why, Japan, Why?! comment

1 air cushion. This thing is a fairly large cushion o.o has Amitie and Kyrie on it.

1 deck of Weiss Scharz Nanoha GOD trial deck
-2 Level 1 Amitie cards 4500
-2 Level 1 Kyrie cards 4500
-2 Level 0 Chrono cards 1000
-2 Level 0 Linith cards 2000
-2 Level 0 Yuuno cards 2500
-2 Level 0 Precia Testarossa cards 2500
-1 Level 0 Vivio Takamachi card 2500
-2 Level 0 Arf cards 3000
-1 Level 2 Einhart Stratos card 2500
-2 Level 3 Fate Testarossa cards 9500
-2 Level 3 Nanoha Takamachi cards 10000
-2 Level 0 Reinforce cards 1500.
-2 Level 0 Lieze Twins cards 2500
-2 Level 1 Vita cards 1500
-2 Level 1 Shamal cards 3000
-2 Level 1 Zafira cards 5500
-2 Level 1 Signum cards 6500
-1 Level 1 System U-D/Kurake no Yami/Yuri card 7000
-1 Level 1 Touma card 7000
-2 Level 2 Hayate-chan cards 4500
-2 Level 2 Dearche cards 8000
-2 Level 2 Stern cards 8500
-2 Level 2 Levi cards 10000
-2 Climax scene Amitie x Kyrie reconciliation cards
-2 Climax scene The Materials Revived scene cards (insert comedy between the three)
-2 Climax scene Goodbye Linith, the Sad Farewell cards (-cries-)
-2 Climax scene Strategic meeting, what must the future cast do next? cards

The two promo cards for Preorder are.
-1 Level 1 Vivio&Einhart&Kyrie card 2000
-1 Level 2 Touma&Lily&Amitie card 7500
-and the card for the DLC costumes code

Weiss Schwarz card deck also comes with a playbook, a standard playmat, and quick reference page

Nenodoroids of Stern, Levi, and Dearche

Contains the game, game case, and manual.

The box itself is made of strong material than I would have thought.

Last edited by Hayate22; 2011-12-28 at 17:39.
Old 2011-12-28, 17:35   Link #1279
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Looks like a pretty good deal xD

...i hope to find that animated battle secuences soon, i miss Nanoha's animated canon T-T

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-28, 18:02   Link #1280
Key Board
Carbon

U-D's power comes from Examia, which is what Kyrie is after

Examia is a Mugen Renkan Kikkou "Unlimited Linking Mechanism"

Since Nanoha likes it Super Robot flavor, I'm guessing this is a homage to Zeorymer "Jigen Renketsu System" Dimensional Linking System

It's a system that allows the user to generate energy from countless parallel dimensions, as opposed to just one dimension where the user resides; thus, theoretically giving the user infinite power, which sounds a lot like what U-D's Examia is
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote