AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-11, 19:12   Link #1801
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I've asked this before and all I know is that they're available between the 18th and the 30th.

Got through sequence 2. I noticed that Material-S uses different characters for Nanoha's name. Any of the Japanese knowledgeable understand the significance?
What is she using? Hiragana or katakana? Because katakana is typically only used for foreign words and names.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:17   Link #1802
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Katakana (Yuri also uses Hayate and Nanoha's name in katakana)

Posted Sequence X before it gets buried on the last page
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:33   Link #1803
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Nanoha's name has always been written as なのは. However Material-S doesn't use that.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:46   Link #1804
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I'm rather upset...

I still haven't gotten my copy yet.

*Sigh*
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:07   Link #1805
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Got to sequence 5 but an unfortunate incident kicked me back to 1 w/o save. The conversation with Levi is the funniest and unlike most other conversation i think i actually understanding what they are trying to say.

Anyway what are those things you get at the end of a sequence clear used for. Points are for costumes? Item and skills are for?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:51   Link #1806
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Go to options and make sure auto-save is turned on.

And yeah, the points are for unlocking stuff.

A bit of a disappointment: the dialouge scenes are longer than the fights.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:53   Link #1807
rxrx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Well, one round is good enough in story mode I think or it would be too much of a drag.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:55   Link #1808
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Imagine fighting Yuri multiple times....
*shudders*
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:59   Link #1809
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
So, does anyone have stronger melee damage than Fate whom would be surprising?

I already asked this, but if Fate has better melee damage than most everyone else, that would seem appropriate. It's not like she's supposed to hit as hard as Signum and Vita.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:05   Link #1810
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Imagine fighting Yuri multiple times....
*shudders*
Can't be as bad as Dust of Osiris.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:42   Link #1811
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What did she say in 12:18...

It sounds to me that Yuri said: I love you King-sama. And Dearche ended up getting embarrassed (but still using kisama XD) with such lovey dovey words XD
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 01:51   Link #1812
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Just wait till a few hours later.I'll review the Sequence with some dialogue icluded when I get back home.
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 02:23   Link #1813
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What did she say in 12:18...

It sounds to me that Yuri said: I love you King-sama. And Dearche ended up getting embarrassed (but still using kisama XD) with such lovey dovey words XD
"Even so, thank you. Dearche... Our kind king, I really like you (daisuki)."
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 03:07   Link #1814
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Dearche's response was the funniest of them all, she went all dere dere.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 06:02   Link #1815
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Nanoha's name has always been written as なのは. However Material-S doesn't use that.
The origin of this might be the "kata" in katakana is for "katai" meaning hard, stiff or in even formal in some cases, just like the characters are made of straight lines and small curves.
Hiragana, on the other hand, is more flexible and elegant in writting, representing ease of mind or informality.
...just my two cents though

Anyway, in some games the usage of katakana instead of hiragana on a character's name usually applies if the speaker is foreign and isn't used to japanese names.

In other cases, it's because they have a mechanical speech pattern...so, reasons for it may vary

They add a bit of flavor to the character's personality...though, nuances like this are usually lost in translation
__________________

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2012-01-12 at 06:49.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:53   Link #1816
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
So, does anyone have stronger melee damage than Fate whom would be surprising?

I already asked this, but if Fate has better melee damage than most everyone else, that would seem appropriate. It's not like she's supposed to hit as hard as Signum and Vita.
She actually has pretty low melee damage...
Very close to Chrono's, Levi make it look really weak.
Surprising how Stern has better melee damage.
Linith also has higher melee damage then Fate.
The only consolation is that her melee hits are fast.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:12   Link #1817
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Been a long time coming, but here it is! The finale of the story! >:3

*prepares own MOEsulin shots for possible MOEbeetus attacks from Yuri*

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence X

Spoiler for Sequence X:


~fin~

And that completes the story of MGLN A'S Portable: The Gears of Destiny. It was a huge effort but was worth every bit of the way! Of course, I stand by my opinion that Yuri is too adorable for my health...

I'll come back to the previous chapters to make several updates and some dialogue additions if I can manage. I also plan on setting up a character post with some general comments about the game. Thanks a lot for coming along with the ride, guys. If there's any inaccuracies or maybe some details you'd like clarified, just tell me and I'll make necessary changes and/or give answers to the best of my understanding.

With that, I'll be retiring for the night. Good night, folks! >:3
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-12 at 09:23.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:17   Link #1818
mega1987
GregOS Offline
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Been a long time coming, but here it is! The finale of the story! >:3

*prepares own MOEsulin shots for possible MOEbeetus attacks from Yuri*

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence X

Spoiler for Sequence X:


~fin~

And that completes the story of MGLN A'S Portable: The Gears of Destiny. It was a huge effort but was worth every bit of the way! Of course, I stand by my opinion that Yuri is too adorable for my health...

I'll come back to the previous chapters to make several updates and some dialogue additions if I can manage. I also plan on setting up a character post with some general comments about the game. Thanks a lot for coming along with the ride, guys. If there's any inaccuracies or maybe some details you'd like clarified, just tell me and I'll make necessary changes and/or give answers to the best of my understanding.

With that, I'll be retiring for the night. Good night, folks! >:3
*looks at Yuri*

KAWAIII!!!!!

*fainted due to overdosed cuteness and sweetness....*

Odin: Don't even bother calling the medics. Forget this jack-@ss NEET...
__________________
Darwin's nominee are best for laughs.
MGLN "Befriending" shows love thru superior firepower (Zenryokou Zenkai!)
Gundams are your worst nightmare in the battlefield.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:53   Link #1819
rxrx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Thanks for the hard work. Some small stuff:

The FBD done by Yuri to Diarche, I think the translation sounds better like she would capture Diarche's heart. Sure, it is not a driect translation but the meaning is there. Amita I can't really help. She says it really fast and the lines are long.

On the Eltrian group, since the game belongs to Bandai Namco, will it mean that we will see them in Endless Frontier?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:55   Link #1820
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Thanks for the hard work. Some small stuff:

The FBD done by Yuri to Diarche, I think the translation sounds better like she would capture Diarche's heart. Sure, it is not a driect translation but the meaning is there. Amita I can't really help. She says it really fast and the lines are long.

On the Eltrian group, since the game belongs to Bandai Namco, will it mean that we will see them in Endless Frontier?
They'd have to make a 3rd game for that...

And I want the 2nd game to get over here before the 3rd game is made.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.