AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-04, 17:16   Link #1
Trudinh

Looking for a cute romance like MM!

Title say it. i just love how cute Mio from MM! is. is there any other anime in the world that has a girl cuter then her?>?
Old 2011-11-04, 18:13   Link #2
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Try Dog Days, I'm sure you're going to find a cute girl or two in that anime plus it's really cute and awesome.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:31   Link #3
Trudinh

can u give me a description of the anime ,like is it a action or romance or echhi or adventure etc.
Old 2011-11-04, 21:53   Link #4
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
can u give me a description of the anime ,like is it a action or romance or echhi or adventure etc.
Dog Days Synopsis:

It's an action, adventure, romantic, fantasy, and comedy anime about a middle school boy named Shinkuu who's into dynamic sports and his anxious to compete in it again. In an another world two countries are at "war" with each other (the war in this anime is not killing, it's an competitive sport). One country is losing and they summon a hero to come help them. Shinkuu gets summoned and meets a beautiful princess, a tomboyish knight, a clumsy girl genius, and many interesting characters along the way.

It's totally a must watch, I know you'll like it for sure. Give it a shot and tell me what you think.
Old 2011-11-05, 00:39   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Title say it. i just love how cute Mio from MM! is. is there any other anime in the world that has a girl cuter then her?>?
Erm, cute is very, VERY subjective Do you have other examples of girls you find cute so that we can get a feel for your taste ?
Old 2011-11-05, 01:25   Link #6
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, it is a little difficult to throw some suggestions out without a better preference to your tastes.

If you are looking for tsundere types, a few suggestions are

Toradora
Hayate no Gotoku
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Are you more concerned about the character personality, character appearance, or genre?
Old 2011-11-05, 08:04   Link #7
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Fortune Arterial got a character that is kinda identical, as far as aspect is concerned. The story is about a boy who transfers to a new accademy, that looks normal, but got vampires in it. They aren't the classic horrible bloody vampires, since the girl herself is one; romance type, with school setting, ecchi features. I think you'll enjoy it. Here an SS

Old 2011-11-05, 08:34   Link #8
Trudinh

OK.
fortune arterial - watched already
toradora- watched already (love it)
Hayate no Gotoku - watched already (didnt really like it too kidish)
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - i will try that one out. was thinking of watching it awhile back and forgot about it.
dog day i will give it a try -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm, cute is very, VERY subjective Do you have other examples of girls you find cute so that we can get a feel for your taste ?
well basically i like romance anime with cute girl.
Cute like:
shana - shakugan no shana
Mio - MM!
haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Aka - Rec
ayu - kanon
Aria- Aria no Hidan
that girl from Kaichou wa Maid-sama forgot her name

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-11-06 at 00:07.
Old 2011-11-05, 09:01   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
well basically i like romance anime with cute girl.
Cute like:
shana - shakugan no shana
Mio - MM!
haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Aka - Rec
ayu - kanon
Aria- Aria no Hidan
that girl from Kaichou wa Maid-sama forgot her name
Yup, there we go- Tsundere characters.

Welcome, my kindred... In all seriousness it doesn't look like you have too high a requirement, so I'm just going to lay it on thick:

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii wake ga nai!
Working!!
Mayo Chiki!
The World God only knows
Amagami SS
Seitokai no Ichizon

These are mostly fun shows from the last year till now, unless you're looking for something with a bit more seriousness...

P.S - Watch Hayate's second season, it's a different feel from the first season cause they switch studios.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-11-05 at 09:14.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:08   Link #10
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yup, there we go- Tsundere characters.

Welcome, my kindred... In all seriousness it doesn't look like you have too high a requirement, so I'm just going to lay it on thick:

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii wake ga nai!
Working!!
Mayo Chiki!
The World God only knows
Amagami SS
Seitokai no Ichizon

These are mostly fun shows from the last year till now, unless you're looking for something with a bit more seriousness...

P.S - Watch Hayate's second season, it's a different feel from the first season cause they switch studios.
well i kinda like tsundere, but it dosnt have to be... so ur saying hayate second season isnt kidish like the first? like i hate how the first one is just is like all weird and kidish, like.. ulitmate move? robot fight? talking tiger? lol too kidish in my opinion...

EDIT:

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu- Watched
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi - watched
Otome Youkai Zakuro - dont know about it(look kinda weird)
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - like i say ima try this one. ( but i read the review and it say something about 2 cousin loving each other, not a big fan of relative fall in love with each other. but ima give it a try. )
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii wake ga nai! - OK this one someone told me is a freaken Inceset. brother and sister love.
Working!! - dont know about
Mayo Chiki! - watched
The World God only knows - never heard about it
Amagami SS - HELL NO(just not my type)
Seitokai no Ichizon - Someone told me it not even a romance anime. and since i like romance anime he say dont even give this a try.....

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-11-06 at 00:08.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:35   Link #11
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Otome Youkai Zakuro - dont know about it(look kinda weird)
it's a shoujo-ish series, different from the usual shounen-ish romcom.

Quote:
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - like i say ima try this one. ( but i read the review and it say something about 2 cousin loving each other, not a big fan of relative fall in love with each other. but ima give it a try. )

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii wake ga nai! - OK this one someone told me is a freaken Inceset. brother and sister love.
Facepalm.

Whoever you're getting these information from, please fire them and erase their number. They couldn't be more wrong about both shows.

Quote:
Working!! - dont know about

The World God only knows - never heard about it
Working!!

The World God only knows

Quote:
Amagami SS - HELL NO(just not my type)
Why not? It's as straight forward a romance series as it gets.

Quote:
Seitokai no Ichizon - Someone told me it not even a romance anime. and since i like romance anime he say dont even give this a try.....
Granted it's more comedy than romance, but there are still elements of romance in it. Similiar to how Shana and Haruhi aren't romance focus but still have bits of it.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:58   Link #12
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Mayoi Neko Overrun!
Old 2011-11-05, 11:09   Link #13
Trudinh

ok, im give Seitokai no Ichizon a try.

k ima go watch the first episode of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko a try... here go nothing...

OK just watched the first episode of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and i can clear say. LOVE IT, the girl is amazingly cute. but will this story has a sad ending? i dont like sad ending....

But after watching episode one im kinda confuse..

Is she a real alien?
Is she really his cousin?
why is it soo hard to understand what she saying?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-11-06 at 00:09.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:56   Link #14
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

If you like that character design, the current season design for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (or "Haganai" for short nickname) is very similar.

As far as your questions, they will be answered as you watch the series. She sounds that way because her thinking is a little different from normal people and is supposed to be alienish.

Also, unless you are watching Air, Kanon (to a certain degree), or Clannad, series usually do not have sad ending. The 3 I mentioned have sad moments to them.

So from your taste in series, I can add True Tears (heavy on drama), Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (fun atmosphere), and Angel Beats (Romance sort of integrated near the end, but most action/comedy.. oh wait, you might not like the ending).
Old 2011-11-05, 13:10   Link #15
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
If you like that character design, the current season design for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (or "Haganai" for short nickname) is very similar.

As far as your questions, they will be answered as you watch the series. She sounds that way because her thinking is a little different from normal people and is supposed to be alienish.

Also, unless you are watching Air, Kanon (to a certain degree), or Clannad, series usually do not have sad ending. The 3 I mentioned have sad moments to them.

So from your taste in series, I can add True Tears (heavy on drama), Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (fun atmosphere), and Angel Beats (Romance sort of integrated near the end, but most action/comedy.. oh wait, you might not like the ending).
ok about boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai. i will watch it when it completely finish airing. and for true tear, i dont know about it. and for nogizaka haruka no himitsu, i dont know about that too. Angel beat(watched it) i like the comedy but the love story(well i hated it)i hated because it just not interesting and probably dosnt make any sense.
Old 2011-11-05, 13:36   Link #16
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Well, here are a couple links for you to check out:

True Tears
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

True Tears is very much a drama in the sense of the word, and it is full on romance. There is not as much comedy in it as MM!, and it is more realistic, with an emotional roller coaster throughout.

Himitsu is a lighter type anime, with a lot of comedy in it. It centers around the main 2 characters with their "secret" about Haruka (the female protagonist). She is rich, beautiful, great student, almost perfect in everyway, but she is also an otaku, which she hides from everyone else due to her fear of rejection from other people for her hobby. It is just a light, fun anime typical of the genre.
Old 2011-11-05, 13:59   Link #17
Trudinh

Truetear umm it a love polygon(no thank) Harem not my favorite type of anime.
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu- not sure if i should try it.

im at episode 6 of denpa onna to seishun otoko. who will he pick at the end. ryuuko or erio.. im soo anxious.... the chance of it being Erio is very high. but then again she is his cousin....
Old 2011-11-05, 15:02   Link #18
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Truetear umm it a love polygon(no thank) Harem not my favorite type of anime.
LOL You like MM!, which is much closer to what a harem anime really is. I am not exactly sure if you could describe True Tears as what would be called a "harem" these days. Yes, the protagonist struggles between 2 girls until the very end, but that is not really a harem. The 3rd girl you see is just his friend. Also, the girls have "other" options, so they are not swooning over said protagonist.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:05   Link #19
Trudinh

Well with MM! it so obvious that he going to pick MIO, i hate love triangle or polygon cause the writer let us bond with all the girls. and when he pick 1 girl at the end, just make u wanna cry and feel sad for the other girl....
Old 2011-11-05, 15:28   Link #20
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

It is not obvious that he will be with Mio in the end, since Yuuno is very much supported as well. If you checked out the thread, you will see a lot of support for Yuuno. The anime itself was pushed towards Yuuno until the last few episodes.

Either way, we will never know since the author of MM! has died (rest in peace), so the story will never be concluded.

Yes, True Tears will be heavy on drama, and you might want to cry in some scenes, but it is one of the best romance drama series in anime. Well, if you don't like this series, there are plenty more lighthearted series you can watch.

School Rumble is one. It is a romance comedy.

It is really hard to recommend other series, since almost all series are harem to some extent. It really depends on what your definition of harem is that you like or dislike. For example, Suzimiya Haruhi and Shakugan no Shana are harem animes to a degree, but you listed that you like them. Also, in Shakugan no Shana, it is very obvious that he will break someone's heart (he has already if you watched the current season).