AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 15:46   Link #6461
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astell&Kern View Post
I don't think Nisekoi has that rabid and fervent of a fan base to warrant such worries.

Even the Onodera camp themselves would've probably been resigned to her losing, given how the story has developed, so far.

Nisekoi has been a hit for Komi, so no matter how the story ends, his next work will still have a huge following. Koji Seo comes to mind.
Yea I'll probably read Komi's next work, primarily for the fact that I think he does comedy well and that's enough to carry me really. On the other hand I've promised myself that I would never read another chapter from Seo or Sasuga Kei after the last work the two of them did. I don't read manga to be angry I've got enough stuff IRL to get me to feel that emotion

I quite like that it appears Nisekoi is going for a one girl ending. My statement about Toradora was just a matter of me feeling the route taken to get to that ending in Nisekoi could have done better. I think Komi could have done more to make me feel like Raku and whichever girl he chooses have reached a point in their relationship that all of the drama is worth it. I don't feel like he's done that with either of the prospects available really. Though I won't complain about the end girl, I just wish the route had been a little more relatable.
__________________

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:48   Link #6462
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Yea I'll probably read Komi's next work, primarily for the fact that I think he does comedy well and that's enough to carry me really. On the other hand I've promised myself that I would never read another chapter from Seo or Sasuga Kei after the last work the two of them did. I don't read manga to be angry I've got enough stuff IRL to get me to feel that emotion

I quite like that it appears Nisekoi is going for a one girl ending. My statement about Toradora was just a matter of me feeling the route taken to get to that ending in Nisekoi could have done better. I think Komi could have done more to make me feel like Raku and whichever girl he chooses have reached a point in their relationship that all of the drama is worth it. I don't feel like he's done that with either of the prospects available really. Though I won't complain about the end girl, I just wish the route had been a little more relatable.
We agree on that. I got into Fuuka for a while but i dropped it after like chapter 25.

Your second point is also one we agree on and the way they've done this was terrible.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:11   Link #6463
Astell&Kern
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Yea I'll probably read Komi's next work, primarily for the fact that I think he does comedy well and that's enough to carry me really. On the other hand I've promised myself that I would never read another chapter from Seo or Sasuga Kei after the last work the two of them did. I don't read manga to be angry I've got enough stuff IRL to get me to feel that emotion

I quite like that it appears Nisekoi is going for a one girl ending. My statement about Toradora was just a matter of me feeling the route taken to get to that ending in Nisekoi could have done better. I think Komi could have done more to make me feel like Raku and whichever girl he chooses have reached a point in their relationship that all of the drama is worth it. I don't feel like he's done that with either of the prospects available really. Though I won't complain about the end girl, I just wish the route had been a little more relatable.
Well, I don't get why people need to be so emotionally invested in a work of fiction, when there are far more important things to care about IRL.

In what sense, do you mean by "relatable"? Less filler-ish BS? More time to develop the relationship between Raku and Chitoge? Eventually, it was always going to come down to Chitoge and Onodera.
Astell&Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:26   Link #6464
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astell&Kern View Post
Well, I don't get why people need to be so emotionally invested in a work of fiction, when there are far more important things to care about IRL.

In what sense, do you mean by "relatable"? Less filler-ish BS? More time to develop the relationship between Raku and Chitoge? Eventually, it was always going to come down to Chitoge and Onodera.
We all enjoy reading for our own reasons and I personally like to enjoy the story and care about the characters. If i can't do that then it's no different then just reading a school book. However, in the end it's about more than just being emotionally invested.

I purchase every manga or light novel that I read because it's important to me to put money into the industry that entertains me. So if I don't enjoy an authors work, I'll pay for what i read but I'm not going to pay for it again. It's like going to the Denny's that's close to your house but sucks, you pay for the food you got but you don't keep going back right?

Relatable would have been more development of the relationships between the characters. I don't care how obvious it is that they're going to end up together or whatever, I want to see the character development and the interaction between people that changes the relationship into one that is something more than just friendship.

A creative writing teacher I had back in the day used to say, "Don't tell me, show me." The meaning of that was don't tell me how awesome, cute, strong, or whatever trait of a character i'm trying to express is, show me through writing. The characters actions and personality should speak for themselves. If the story is done well, the audience will come to the correct conclusion on their own. I don't want to be told by the author that these two belong together, I want to see for myself through the events of the story and the interactions between the characters that they belong together. Not sure if I expressed that in a way that makes sense but that's how I see the story.

If that means that I'm somehow enjoying the story wrong then I'll just keep doing it the wrong way cause that's just how I like to read.
__________________

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:58   Link #6465
Astell&Kern
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
We all enjoy reading for our own reasons and I personally like to enjoy the story and care about the characters. If i can't do that then it's no different then just reading a school book. However, in the end it's about more than just being emotionally invested.

I purchase every manga or light novel that I read because it's important to me to put money into the industry that entertains me. So if I don't enjoy an authors work, I'll pay for what i read but I'm not going to pay for it again. It's like going to the Denny's that's close to your house but sucks, you pay for the food you got but you don't keep going back right?

Relatable would have been more development of the relationships between the characters. I don't care how obvious it is that they're going to end up together or whatever, I want to see the character development and the interaction between people that changes the relationship into one that is something more than just friendship.

A creative writing teacher I had back in the day used to say, "Don't tell me, show me." The meaning of that was don't tell me how awesome, cute, strong, or whatever trait of a character i'm trying to express is, show me through writing. The characters actions and personality should speak for themselves. If the story is done well, the audience will come to the correct conclusion on their own. I don't want to be told by the author that these two belong together, I want to see for myself through the events of the story and the interactions between the characters that they belong together. Not sure if I expressed that in a way that makes sense but that's how I see the story.

If that means that I'm somehow enjoying the story wrong then I'll just keep doing it the wrong way cause that's just how I like to read.
Wait. I'm confused now. So you actually like Nisekoi, and you think its comedic elements far outweigh the glaring flaws this manga has?

And am I right in assuming you have all of the current Nisekoi tankobon?
Astell&Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:28   Link #6466
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astell&Kern View Post
Wait. I'm confused now. So you actually like Nisekoi, and you think its comedic elements far outweigh the glaring flaws this manga has?

And am I right in assuming you have all of the current Nisekoi tankobon?
I don't feel that the comedic effect outweighs the story flaws. It's more of a case of I enjoy reading Nisekoi in spite of it's flaws. The gags are fun and there are a lot of good points to the characters. That's the reason that it annoys me so much. If it was just terrible with no redeeming qualities I wouldn't even read it. But the jokes are funny and the characters are cute with some decent personalities.. (ok some of them). If the story was more well laid out I would rank it very high in my favorite manga. As it stands now though, it's just a funny manga with some cute characters and a story that I put up with.

I have up to volume 22. volume 23 won't ship till june 3. I get them from Amazon.jp for like 400-500 yen.
__________________

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:26   Link #6467
Rokumonsen
Sanada Domo-kun
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ueda Castle, Shinano Province
I decided to pick this up again after a long time. But since I want to spoil myself...

Who's the promise girl?
__________________
"...all that is left for us is to fight to our hearts' content."
Rokumonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:48   Link #6468
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
I decided to pick this up again after a long time. But since I want to spoil myself...

Who's the promise girl?
We dont know
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18   Link #6469
Rokumonsen
Sanada Domo-kun
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ueda Castle, Shinano Province
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
We dont know
Oh, well. I don't bother waiting.
__________________
"...all that is left for us is to fight to our hearts' content."
Rokumonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:17   Link #6470
Astell&Kern
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I don't feel that the comedic effect outweighs the story flaws. It's more of a case of I enjoy reading Nisekoi in spite of it's flaws. The gags are fun and there are a lot of good points to the characters. That's the reason that it annoys me so much. If it was just terrible with no redeeming qualities I wouldn't even read it. But the jokes are funny and the characters are cute with some decent personalities.. (ok some of them). If the story was more well laid out I would rank it very high in my favorite manga. As it stands now though, it's just a funny manga with some cute characters and a story that I put up with.

I have up to volume 22. volume 23 won't ship till june 3. I get them from Amazon.jp for like 400-500 yen.
Fair enough.

It's good to see someone supporting the author by purchasing the tankobon.
Astell&Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.