AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-31, 16:33   Link #3961
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Do you really know what sarcasm means? If yes then thanks for admitting that you are (to quote the Oxford Dictionary) mocking / conveying your contempt.
Sig lets call it a truce we both want a good ending regardless. So to bury the hatchet i'll admit a few things You are right she's a tsundere and you arent wrong i dont exactly find some tsundere's endearing. I'm glad to say i'm on team onodera but thats not important for the sake of our current argument.

You have to acknowledge her personality is Raku's main problem with chitoge i mean there's a reason he calls her a gorilla and why they've clashed so much throughout the manga and that reason is she has a poor personality.

The funny thing is originally she wasnt a tsundere she was just violent towards Raku and the two of them fought like crazy. Its easy to forget all of this because as you should be aware after she acknowledged she liked the guy that tsundere personality became much more forward. Its been lost in the shuffle which is the main complaint for most of us who started up with this manga because everything from the first 50 or so chapters has been made null-and-void because of the massive amount of crack chapters that have diluted what was a relatively interesting plot.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 16:50   Link #3962
Kakurin-san
私がラッキーガールですって?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You have to acknowledge her personality is Raku's main problem with chitoge i mean there's a reason he calls her a gorilla and why they've clashed so much throughout the manga and that reason is she has a poor personality.
Yeah, Raku has a problem with her personality. With the personality he manages to observe, that is. And this in the end comes down to Raku's biggest problem. He is dense as hell and unable to truly see through the emotions and intentions of almost any of the girls around him. Granted, tsunderes like Chitoge don't make it easy on the MC to see through them. But Raku's just too simple-minded for his own good to see through the charade. It's the same case for Onodera. When Onodera (or Haru, or Tsugumi, you get the idea) looks away in embarrassment he nearly always interprets it as her wanting to avoid him, instead of being too embarrassed to look him into the eye.

It's this dynamic between Raku's incapability of observing and the girls (mainly Chitoge, Onodera and Tsugumi) refusal to be upfront that is keeping the romance part in limbo. And it'll probably stay that way until the author / the publisher decide it is time to move towards a conclusion. Which depending on popularity may be eons away *looking at Hayate*.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 17:37   Link #3963
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Yeah, Raku has a problem with her personality. With the personality he manages to observe, that is. And this in the end comes down to Raku's biggest problem. He is dense as hell and unable to truly see through the emotions and intentions of almost any of the girls around him. Granted, tsunderes like Chitoge don't make it easy on the MC to see through them. But Raku's just too simple-minded for his own good to see through the charade. It's the same case for Onodera. When Onodera (or Haru, or Tsugumi, you get the idea) looks away in embarrassment he nearly always interprets it as her wanting to avoid him, instead of being too embarrassed to look him into the eye.

It's this dynamic between Raku's incapability of observing and the girls (mainly Chitoge, Onodera and Tsugumi) refusal to be upfront that is keeping the romance part in limbo. And it'll probably stay that way until the author / the publisher decide it is time to move towards a conclusion. Which depending on popularity may be eons away *looking at Hayate*.
You've essentially hit on the biggest weakness of all harems. When the MC is too stupid to realize whats going on or has tunnel vision towards a single girl we're gonna find what we have here in this story fans who see everything and wish the author would do something about it. (then again doujins feed off of this concept)

Here's the big risk if you keep the main plot away too long or dilute whats perceived as the main plot for too long you'll begin to lose people who get tired of it. Naruto and bleach are getting dangerously close to that.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 20:18   Link #3964
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Doesn't really matter to me but I'm bored so i'll comment. I think Raku's dense side isn't really to blame for Chitoge's situation. She started out pure tsun and didn't get along with him at all. Now that she's a tsundere she can't really expect him to see through her feelings when she made it glaringly obvious early on that he wasn't liked. He'd have to be psychic, which he isn't obviously from the Kosaki situation.
__________________

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 23:24   Link #3965
OhHaiThar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
It'd be pretty ironic if the princess is the promised girl. TOO BAD THE PLOT ISN'T MOVING THAT FAST. I CRY I CRY. Typical manga problems. Still a good chapter though. We should throw in 10 more girls for him. Oh wait we gave him like 5 already. 5 more to go.

Last edited by OhHaiThar; 2014-09-01 at 00:04.
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 01:05   Link #3966
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
I don't get the "Raku is being dense by not noticing Chitoge's feelings" thing. She is acting more or less the same way towards him as she did before her big revelation, so as far as he knows she still either hates his guts or grudgingly endures his existence (I don't remember which, they kept changing )

And Chitoge is doing her level best to keep the facade going, what with saying how much she hates him every chance she gets. Granted, she calls herself an idiot immediately afterwords and regrets her inability to be honest, but Raku doesn't see that.

As far as Raku is concerned, he and Chitoge have basically moved from mortal enemies trapped in a room together to grudging respect for someone dealing with the same shit he is.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 04:14   Link #3967
Kakurin-san
私がラッキーガールですって?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I don't get the "Raku is being dense by not noticing Chitoge's feelings" thing. She is acting more or less the same way towards him as she did before her big revelation, so as far as he knows she still either hates his guts or grudgingly endures his existence (I don't remember which, they kept changing )
Please read more carefully. I never said he is dense for not noticing Chitoge's feelings. He is dense by not noticing anyone's feelings. You are not getting something that nobody is saying.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 10:25   Link #3968
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
I wonder if princess Maru will be voiced by Touyama Nao, since she look like Chitoge clone.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:42   Link #3969
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Please read more carefully. I never said he is dense for not noticing Chitoge's feelings. He is dense by not noticing anyone's feelings. You are not getting something that nobody is saying.
If I was replying to you, I'd have quoted you.

It was just a kind of general complaint towards the internet. And on of my friends in particular.

And most of what I said about Chitoge applies to the others as well. Others being Tsugumi and Imoutodera, as he is aware of Tachibana's. He just ignores it for the sake of his sanity.

Onodera's on the other hand, yeah he's just being an idiot. Then again, she isn't much better.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:49   Link #3970
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
I never said he is dense for not noticing Chitoge's feelings. He is dense by not noticing anyone's feelings.
in jebus name...this is a rom-com, the mc is going to be dense, because that is the most easy way to create a lot of comedic chapters.
__________________
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:12   Link #3971
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
in jebus name...this is a rom-com, the mc is going to be dense, because that is the most easy way to create a lot of comedic chapters.
you may be right about the rom-com thing but its also a harem and a harem when the MC understands the feelings of most of the girls around them typically ends in a porno (which is the other reason they're usually stupid)
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:22   Link #3972
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
@ImperialFlameGod8190

..yes...i think i am missing your point....

Quote:
MC understands the feelings of most of the girls around them typically ends in a porno
....the end is going to be "porn"....what its important is with how many....
__________________
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:33   Link #3973
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
@ImperialFlameGod8190

..yes...i think i am missing your point....



....the end is going to be "porn"....what its important is with how many....
Actually let me rephrase this.
To be honest in a story like this specifically the MC has to be dense for multiple reasons main one being the end of the story.

Whether they like it or not chitoge fans have all acknowledged that if Raku was aware of Onodera's feelings EARLY in the manga this story could've ended rather quickly and the key which was a driving force of the story wouldnt matter because his current love wouldnt help. Now Raku's feelings for Onodera are hidden for the same reason because there's a mutual attraction.
They've hidden chitoge's feelings and those of the other girls because Onodera fans would be pissed at that fact. Marika comes off as a hot stalker so her feelings arent as important and ultimately most would be mad at that because you basically bring a new girl out of nowhere and trump the others rather poorly.

Who the end girl will be idk but they have to make him stupid for an ending to eventually take place sadly when that happens i dont know and it seems we have a few months till that happens
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 15:03   Link #3974
Kakurin-san
私がラッキーガールですって?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
in jebus name...this is a rom-com, the mc is going to be dense, because that is the most easy way to create a lot of comedic chapters.
Since when did my observation turn into a complaint?
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 17:34   Link #3975
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
@ImperialFlameGod8190

well, we can deconstruction the story

the mc is dense because that is what the author need for comedy/ filler chapter..it also help when you want to create a harem series, but in the end is just filler.

now the heroines.. the mc character have a crush with a girl but he never talk( interact) with her, then a new girl just appear, with this new girl (add here a bad plot), the mc can speak(or recover from something) with all the girls.

now, how much this affect the "feeling" of the mc.. well this is a cliche story. (there are only 2 paths)

the key plot is just a nonsense per se , something like a childhood promise cant change your feeling, but is good plot element to keep the public.

Quote:
Whether they like it or not chitoge fans have all acknowledged that if Raku was aware of Onodera's feelings EARLY in the manga this story could've ended
Quote:
They've hidden chitoge's feelings and those of the other girls because Onodera fans would be pissed at that fact.
filler, if onodera "go" for the mc, the story end( no enough real development with any other girl...yes....the only development was the romeo act) , the author keep all girls feeling hide for filler.

if you want a chitoge end, then the story need to center more in their relationship as persons, not as comic..but how much interaction can you obtain in a school setting.....thing like her mother arc was good development for chitoge ...but no for the mc.

with this, i am trying to say , that the author is just using filler, with no real development.

the one that need a real development is raku

also, i don't want to cause a flame war, lets be civilized .

Quote:
Who the end girl will be idk but they have to make him stupid for an ending to eventually take place sadly when that happens i dont know and it seems we have a few months till that happens
if we take all the fillers apart, this a story for , at minimum 16 chapter....16 chapter with real plot...and no nisekoi is gonna last , at least 2-3 years more


Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Since when did my observation turn into a complaint?
since when my response was for a complaint post?
you know, let forget this..i agree with you btw
__________________

Last edited by dazo; 2014-09-01 at 18:00.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 17:37   Link #3976
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SoCal
Age: 27
So this new princess is basically Onodera in Chitoge's body.

Is the author finally sick of writing detours in the Manga, and he's finally deciding to summarize the plot by condensing characters?
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 17:52   Link #3977
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
So this new princess is basically Onodera in Chitoge's body.

Is the author finally sick of writing detours in the Manga, and he's finally deciding to summarize the plot by condensing characters?
The funny thing is Raku said her personality is that of onodera there's no confirmation for this
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 10:01   Link #3978
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
The last two chapters have just been terrible. I rarely get mad at this series for not advancing the plot since this is how harem series works, but this time it took it to the next level. I mean are you seriously gonna make a one-time character a love interest as well? For those of you that think she'll come back later now then i've got sad news, character clones very rarely make an impact since they are walking in the shadow of another character. Worst yet this time the character is stepping on two characters at the same time.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 21:50   Link #3979
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Spoiler for 137:
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 22:40   Link #3980
Death Usagi
Nano DEATH
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 18
Things are just getting better and better XD

I prefer Maru-chan over Chitoge that's for sure.

Probably because of their personality difference
__________________
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.