AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-28, 12:49   Link #1561
ImperialFlameGod8190

I guess ur rite sumeragi but the story hasn't gone far that's the main problem
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 19:45   Link #1562
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

With a series like Nisekoi you're better off not expecting that much plot or character development compared to other genres. Look at other harem series, I think we can count ourself lucky with the few progress bursts we had (e.g. Chitoge admitting to herself that she likes Raku) - it could be so much worse. Harem series usually stick very close to their comfort zones trying to change little concerning the character dynamics. You either get used to it or be disappointed repeatedly.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 21:19   Link #1563
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Yeah, just enjoy the funny character reactions and their moment. And while the story doesn't really progress match, I do feel there has been good enough character developments.
Old 2013-06-29, 12:52   Link #1564
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
Honestly I'm surprised how much story development there was for the first 80 chapters or so (even with the stalling). I expected it to go more along the recent pacing. With that said, hopefully actual story arcs happen again. I was hoping something was going to happen once the 2nd year started but nope.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:50   Link #1565
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

The series keeps dragging forth and forth (*coughing with blood*)Hayate(*cough*)

Strength of the series is the facial expression [Lol at imouto's reaction] but I want some Chitoge's development more than the harem's development itself
Old 2013-07-04, 13:17   Link #1566
II Maestro

Spoiler for 81:
Old 2013-07-04, 15:49   Link #1567
ImperialFlameGod8190

its like they enjoy screwing with him hahahahahahaha
Old 2013-07-04, 19:31   Link #1568
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It's like Freezing, where no love happens, only with comedy only and no pointless robot fights, BRILLIANT!
Old 2013-07-04, 21:30   Link #1569
ImperialFlameGod8190

heh and the sad part is tsugumi and paula just missed out on the fun. Still id be shocked if the old lady didn't do that on purpose.
Old 2013-07-04, 21:57   Link #1570
Reality_Breaker

I gotta say the author has been milking Onodera and her sister since she won that poll a while back.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 22:29   Link #1571
ImperialFlameGod8190

well there's a reason onodera is being milked its because of all the girls her character is by far the most likeable on the girls side.
Chitoge has big time attitude plus the fact is their relationship is forced onto Raku probably irritates some people.
Tsugumi is interesting but her character is so pitifully tsundere that its painful.
Marika is more of a nusance then anything else even though she may be the most attractive of the girls.
the sister is brain-dead to say the least.
Onodera's friend is interesting but she's rarely seen lately
Paula seems like a pointless character at this point
Old 2013-07-04, 22:46   Link #1572
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
well there's a reason onodera is being milked its because of all the girls her character is by far the most likeable on the girls side.
Chitoge has big time attitude plus the fact is their relationship is forced onto Raku probably irritates some people.
Tsugumi is interesting but her character is so pitifully tsundere that its painful.
Marika is more of a nusance then anything else even though she may be the most attractive of the girls.
the sister is brain-dead to say the least.
Onodera's friend is interesting but she's rarely seen lately
Paula seems like a pointless character at this point
Really?, because i've seen her character in other anime before. All of the girls cater to a specific cliche. I don't hate Onodera but she's not my favorite either, to me at least the whole "nice girl that never says anything to the guy she likes because she gets embarrassed" cliche is tiresome and makes Onodera a bit boring. Don't get me wrong the tsudere archetype does get boring after a while but here it works because Chitoge doesn't hit Raku as much since she realized she loved him which isn't something that happens often when it comes to tsunderes.
Old 2013-07-04, 22:55   Link #1573
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Really?, because i've seen her character in other anime before. All of the girls cater to a specific cliche. I don't hate Onodera but she's not my favorite either, to me at least the whole "nice girl that never says anything to the guy she likes because she gets embarrassed" cliche is tiresome and makes Onodera a bit boring. Don't get me wrong the tsudere archetype does get boring after a while but here it works because Chitoge doesn't hit Raku as much since she realized she loved him which isn't something that happens often when it comes to tsunderes.
they do get boring but here's why onodera is the most likeable
  • Onodera- Obvious love interest and the girl the main guy really likes
  • Chitoge- Chitoge is a female lead but the relationship with the male lead is not only forced but undesirable for both but she fakes it for so long she starts to actually like him its actually really lame
  • Marika- Stirs the pot and also has very few reedeming qualities
  • onodera's friend- Knows more then she pretends and likely can turn it all around but stays silent

There's one thing i'm not clear on and its does onodera know that the relationship between chitoge and raku is fake
Old 2013-07-04, 23:02   Link #1574
Student no.0
Unemployed Mecha

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Chitoge: more likable than she was at the start of the series for me and a lil more like her one-shot counterpart for now.
Onodera: always liked her, heck I usually tend to like the onasajimi girls of her archetype.
Tsugumi: really funny when it comes to her ojousama and Paula
Marika: I really like her too, maybe a bit more than Kosaki.

Basically: Marika≥Kosaki>Tsugumi≥Chitoge

Not including Paula or Haru since I don't consider them a part of the harem, especially Ruri.
Old 2013-07-04, 23:20   Link #1575
ImperialFlameGod8190

The funny thing is and I've said it before the chitoge-raku-onodera triangle is a lot like rito-lala-haruna triangle

Both guys like one girl a lot more but cant do anything because of the other.
Both girl sets became friends with the other despite knowing the feelings of the guy.
Lala and Chitoge both have guardians who watch over them like a hawk
Somebody who doesn't want the main couple to be together in both hired an assassin who eventually fell for the guy. (Yami in TLR and Tsugumi in Nisekoi)
Not to mention haruna and onodera look a lot alike
Rito and Raku eventually begin to accept the relationship despite not really liking it.
The final part and the hardest part is both of the stories cant end in a clean way given the current development
Old 2013-07-04, 23:28   Link #1576
Student no.0
Unemployed Mecha

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The funny thing is and I've said it before the chitoge-raku-onodera triangle is a lot like rito-lala-haruna triangle

Both guys like one girl a lot more but cant do anything because of the other.
Both girl sets became friends with the other despite knowing the feelings of the guy.
Lala and Chitoge both have guardians who watch over them like a hawk
Somebody who doesn't want the main couple to be together in both hired an assassin who eventually fell for the guy. (Yami in TLR and Tsugumi in Nisekoi)
Not to mention haruna and onodera look a lot alike
Rito and Raku eventually begin to accept the relationship despite not really liking it.
The final part and the hardest part is both of the stories cant end in a clean way given the current development
In any case, I just hope this doesn't get to the point where it gets axed and cut short on a pool chapter with Raku confessing to everyone by mistake only to be further moved to SQ with Paula/Marika trying to make an even larger harem for Raku... Not like that'd be a terrible idea lol) jk.
Old 2013-07-04, 23:33   Link #1577
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Chitoge: more likable than she was at the start of the series for me and a lil more like her one-shot counterpart for now.
Onodera: always liked her, heck I usually tend to like the onasajimi girls of her archetype.
Tsugumi: really funny when it comes to her ojousama and Paula
Marika: I really like her too, maybe a bit more than Kosaki.

Basically: Marika≥Kosaki>Tsugumi≥Chitoge

Not including Paula or Haru since I don't consider them a part of the harem, especially Ruri.
For me it would be: Tsugumi>Chitoge>Marika=Kosaki
Old 2013-07-07, 07:39   Link #1578
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I'm slow so help me here, what's really happen on that last page? Did Chitoge storm off from the bath out of embarrassment after beat Raku like the usual cliche? Or Raku just passed out from the heat after seeing Chitoge's whole?
Old 2013-07-11, 12:32   Link #1579
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
new chapter's out

mandatory pool chapter. lol
I'm really loving Paula's character. Oh and I hope Haru's friend, Fuu-chan, gets more screen time. As I've mentioned before, I love her character design. Plus, I want to know her better~

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 22:46   Link #1580
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So now Chitoge becomes Raku's active shield from Tachibana's attack

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life