AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2012-01-03, 14:32   Link #61
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Madoka Magica
At first, it was a lighthearted magical girl show, but after watching episode 3, it seems like it was a dark fantasy annihilating every conceptions of a usual magical girl series. This is the biggest surprise I've seen !

Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere
At first, it's going to be my first mecha show, but after watching a lot of trailers, it's going to be a space fantasy sets in the futuristic version of Warring States period. My biggest surprise of the fall season !

Yosuga no Sora
At first, I thought it was a romance show a la Clannad, but after watching the trailer and the actual anime, it seems like it will have Aki Sora-vibes. Despite this, I really liked this series.

C3
At first (before the anime announcement), I thought it was a heavy ecchi title, but after reading the plot summary, I learned it's going to be an action fantasy and after the anime announcement, it seems like it have eroguro in it, based on the anonymous comments. After watching the anime, it has slight dose of ecchi and some guro added in this series.
Yosuga no Sora is a 2010 anime I believe this is talking about 2011 animes
Old 2012-01-03, 15:49   Link #62
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

By surprise...you mean... better than expected?

Sacred Seven - fun series, entertaining, catchy opening song, better than expected

Kamisama no Memochou - better than expected, held my attention, would want second season
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 22:48   Link #63
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
So I'll put a ballot in for Mashiro Iro Symphony. I went in expecting a cast whose lives revolve around their man and lots of obnoxiousness, but what I got was a cast that can be described without relating it back to the main character and a lot of subtlety. The fanservice was also not as ubiquitous or gratuitous as I thought it would be, and the humor rarely broke the show's atmosphere. It has some problems, but its strengths outweigh and outnumber its flaws, leaving this symphony of love to be very good to watch.

Why can't this be the norm for harem romance anime?
I won't forget your voice, nor will I forget the tears
and the future known as 'hope' that starts from now

My MAL||A tract on my rewatch of Sword Art Online
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 14:19   Link #64
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

The idolM@ster: I honestly was expecting some kind of generic harem show, having no idea what the original game is about beyond "raising idols", which sits rather badly with me because I have a lot of problems understanding just about a lot of stuff associated with pop music in general. I was pleasantly surprised with a very decent slice of life-ish work. It's not the best show I've seen, but it turned out to be well worth the time spent on it.

YuruYuri: I expected it to have more yuri than comedy. Turns out it's the other way around.

Nichijou: I expected something like Lucky Star since it was done by Kyoani. Instead I got a show with a very different comedy style that's at least just as good, if not better.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 14:09   Link #65
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Mayo Chiki!: After dropping 3 harem/ecchi animes in a row I was ready for another lame one. But surprise: It's awesome! Dirty jokes, positively crazy girls and really nice quality all around.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 16:36   Link #66
leokiko

Boku ga Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Expected a harem show with boring characters , got a harem show with awesome characters.

Level-E - Expected a decent show about aliens and fighting , got the most awesome comedy of year.

Mayo Chiki - Expected a crappy harem show, got a good harem show with hilarous characters and good romance.

Ben-To - Expected bad things because it had an ridiculous concept , got awesome fights blended with an great sountrack and decent characters.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote