AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-10, 08:30   Link #1061
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
edit: It occurs to me that the red headed gamilon pilot hasn't been featured on pixiv yet. This is actually a little bit surprising. Maybe people are waiting for her name/profile information?



I'm calling this the centuries end bromance.



The girls in their episode 1 attire.




Intelligence work gets boring sometimes.


Rei posing and stuff.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2012-09-10 at 11:20.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:51   Link #1062
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I've seen a little artwork of the red headed Gamilon on Pixiv, but very few. The majority is a 3D artist that is making 3D models of all the women.

The other was that person that does those red tinted comics. I saw her in a frame with Hilde, but that was about it.

Best gues it that the artists have little to no context with her and no name. And possibly wanted more angles so they can get her uniform pattern correct. At this point we mostly don't even know what episode she's from.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 19:43   Link #1063
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I've seen a little artwork of the red headed Gamilon on Pixiv, but very few. The majority is a 3D artist that is making 3D models of all the women.

The other was that person that does those red tinted comics. I saw her in a frame with Hilde, but that was about it.

Best gues it that the artists have little to no context with her and no name. And possibly wanted more angles so they can get her uniform pattern correct. At this point we mostly don't even know what episode she's from.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED MAKE THIS SERIES?! Release the hot red heads character profile so we can get proper fanart of her!


Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 20:12   Link #1064
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Though there is another female character in those red tinted comics that probably won't show up in Yamato 2199....probably.

Jura and her mother from Eternal Story of Jura. Another Matsumoto story, but this one is entirely Yamato based. They are the slightly long eared females in some of the comic's panels.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 17:58   Link #1065
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Character page updates (still no redhead)

Pure blooded Gamilas General over Schultz (based on Planet Balan)
http://yamato2199.net/character_gale.html

Floating Continent Base Commander
http://yamato2199.net/character_raleta.html
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 19:08   Link #1066
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Wow, took us awhile to get a profile page for that dude...and he's been dead for quite awhile!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 20:53   Link #1067
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Well I suspect that most (possibly all) the rmaining new characters we encounter will go into the Gamilas box. I can think of maybe one or two going into the Iscandar box and unless something happens, I don't think we are getting anymore for the Earth box (baring massively important flashback characters, or prisoners of war)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:17   Link #1068
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well I suspect that most (possibly all) the rmaining new characters we encounter will go into the Gamilas box. I can think of maybe one or two going into the Iscandar box and unless something happens, I don't think we are getting anymore for the Earth box (baring massively important flashback characters, or prisoners of war)
the Gamilon cast page is gonna be a LONG list of people who bit the dust real quick, isn't it?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 01:24   Link #1069
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Unless they add a lot of people, no. It will be a list mostly of people that stick around for a half dozen to dozen episodes and then get killed, with a few exceptions of course (in the getting killed part)

Some might be Gamilas characters from servant races Yamato encounters on the way and liberates...so they may be alive the last time we see them.


I don't know who it was for, but I'll take it anyway.


(Source:http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=30115981 )
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-09-18 at 12:37. Reason: Fixing and condensing
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 12:35   Link #1070
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
This has been running around the science and science fiction groups for a few days now: NASA Scientist Suggests Warp Drive Could be Feasible

I was thinking in context to Space Battleship Yamato. 10 times the speed of light is good, but in relation to the Gamilas warping systems (wave motion techology) it is vastly inferior. But I remembered something from Yamato III. In that story there was a family of pioneers that settled alone on I think a planet around Barnard's Star. They left Earth, and supposedly arrived on this planet five years before the events of the series. But if the timeline is that that is early to mid 2203...that ship arrived in 2198. Before Earth has Wave Motion Technology.

The ship however has a ring like drive system at the rear of the ship and it is shaped kind of American footballish. If Earth did have something like the presently proposed Warp Drive system in the 22nd century and could make 10 times the speed of light, they could reach Barnard's Star in about 215 days. So if that was the case, an Earth ship leaving the Sol System during the War with the Gamilas, but before help arrived from Iscandar...and fit the timeline of 2203 for the Bolar Wars (an iffy thing at best), this warp drive would be the way. They would have left Earth in 2197.

Warp Drive ships might not have the power systems to deal with the Gamilas war machine. At least not the modern versions (the Star Trek matter/anti-matter drives should be powerful enough by 2199 to at least give the Gamilas a good run in and around Sol...no way they are getting to Iscandar with them though. Even at a sustained Warp 8 it would take a little over 328 years to make 168,00 light years...and then another 328 years to get home.)

The ring ship design would have obvious weak points in the exposed drive system. Though making more than an AU a minute would reduce the flight time of getting Earth ships to hot spots in the Solar System. They could get to Pluto in a half hour or so. Problem would be weapons systems and the weakness of the drive to damage (without shields or heavy armor).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-09-18 at 12:58.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 13:52   Link #1071
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
I could believe that early earth did have the technology to do faster than light travel. Though it's important to bear in mind, that even if you had a warp drive capable of 10 times the speed of light, it still would take half a year to travel to alpha Centauri. And that's our NEAREST neighboring star. Until you get to REALLY advanced warp drive systems, all warp travel does compared to traveling sub-light is decrease the time your crew/passengers need to be in Cryo. Okay that's not fair. As the article said, if the design they proposed ACTUALLY worked in theory and practice, you could get around places on significantly less fuel.

That last part is especially important if the Yamato was originally going to be an escape vessel. I just don't see it working as an escape ship if all it could do was spend a few decades/centuries traveling sublight, only to discover that when it arrived at its destination (that was a mere one jump for a Gamilon ship from earth), that it's now heavily fortified gamilon territory.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 14:44   Link #1072
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
About 22 to 23 weeks to Alpha Centauri (157 days). Assuming you could go at 10 times light speed whole way.

Starting to scatter to the systems within a year or two's travel would work I suppose for escaping the Gamilas (they wanted Earth...killing or enslaving all humans was only needed because they were on Earth). Though the present day closest proposed habitable planet is Gliese 581 g, at 22 light years out, and would take just over 800 days to reach at 10 times lightspeed.

One wonders if they bent fabric of time-space would also act as a radiation barrier and make it some humans could survive deep space radition for prolonged periods of time. Since it the ship would "effectively" not be moving in its bubble, they could move people around with less need to worry about them becoming red paste on the bulkheads. The Earth Fleet at Pluto was zero gravity, but they didn't have FTL drives. Though it took them three week to get to Mars from Pluto, but it didn't take Kirishima or Yamato very long to get cross the roughly 2.3 AU gap between Earth and Mars at that time. Just that, as Schult pointed out, it should have taken them longer than that to reach Jupiter (another day or two as Jupter would be about 3.75 AU from Mars around then). It probably take the Earth Fleet 17 days to get to Pluto, but would take a indirect course to avoid patrols and maybe Gamilas sensors.

In theory the Gamilas fleet could warp from Pluto to Earth in a minute while a Ring ship would take 30 minutes. But we don't know how quickly a ship can warp again using Wave Motion Engines of the Gamilas type.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 15:23   Link #1073
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
The biggest problem with scattering is that all these potential escape locations are far too close to known gamilon bases to really be arguably be escape points.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 15:57   Link #1074
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
That only really matters if the Gamilons care if the humans survive on marginal worlds. Their goal seems to have been Earth. Though if the old plan was to migrate the main Gamilon population to Earth, that pretty much any human colony will be absorbed eventually as they'll be close to the new Gamilon seat of power. If standard warping technology civilizations even care about nearby marginal world (lack of resources and/or living space for a sizable population). Earth (once the radiation is removed and the Gamilforming is complete) is in the terrestrial sweet spot, that is supposely fairly rare. Anywhere the humans go will likely be outside that zone (Mars like) and only usable for a few thousand people rather than millions to billions of humans.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 22:40   Link #1075
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
When do new episodes come out?

I need to see MOAR!
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:16   Link #1076
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Next film comes out October 13th (those present probably will be able to buy the BD at the theaters). The rest of us have to wait until November 22nd for the BD and DVDs to be released. At which point we get to see four more episodes (7-10). No word yet (that I am aware of) for when Chapter 4 come out for the next four episodes after that (11-14), though they will have a showing of episode 11 at some event in Novemeber.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:32   Link #1077
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That only really matters if the Gamilons care if the humans survive on marginal worlds. Their goal seems to have been Earth. Though if the old plan was to migrate the main Gamilon population to Earth, that pretty much any human colony will be absorbed eventually as they'll be close to the new Gamilon seat of power. If standard warping technology civilizations even care about nearby marginal world (lack of resources and/or living space for a sizable population). Earth (once the radiation is removed and the Gamilforming is complete) is in the terrestrial sweet spot, that is supposely fairly rare. Anywhere the humans go will likely be outside that zone (Mars like) and only usable for a few thousand people rather than millions to billions of humans.
Considering that the Gamilons wiped us out systematically off mars, I can't see them ignoring anyone just because they were on a less habitable world.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 00:23   Link #1078
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Not sure if that was systematic of just removing the military threats first. (We also don't know what state Mars was in before the war, just that their had been a war between Earth and Mars prior to the Gamilas arrival and that Yamamoto was born on Mars in either 2179 or 2180). The Humans in this universe are rather stubborn. It might have been just the Martians were fighting to the last and not surrendering (sounds like the humans in Babylon 5's Minbari War...though the Minbari were out to exterminate the humans)

It might be a pride thing. The Humans refused to surrender. Though we aren't sure if they were officially presented with that option as a planet. They probably were since it is clear that the two species have communicated before, as they signal each other over radio at Pluto when the Gamilas call for the Earth Fleet to surrender.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 03:22   Link #1079
macdawson
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Hopefully we'll get to know all that if Izubuchi gets the go ahead on his proposed prequel. An Okita centric story would be awesome, showing us the war between Earth and Mars and the initial attacks by the Gamilas. Hope he gets to do it. :-)
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 08:05   Link #1080
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not sure if that was systematic of just removing the military threats first. (We also don't know what state Mars was in before the war, just that their had been a war between Earth and Mars prior to the Gamilas arrival and that Yamamoto was born on Mars in either 2179 or 2180). The Humans in this universe are rather stubborn. It might have been just the Martians were fighting to the last and not surrendering (sounds like the humans in Babylon 5's Minbari War...though the Minbari were out to exterminate the humans)

It might be a pride thing. The Humans refused to surrender. Though we aren't sure if they were officially presented with that option as a planet. They probably were since it is clear that the two species have communicated before, as they signal each other over radio at Pluto when the Gamilas call for the Earth Fleet to surrender.
Course all those factors WOULD give the Gamilons the incentive to send out ship patrols to nearbye systems to try to wipe out any human generation ships trying to escape.


But regardless. Earth clearly thought that whatever means of interstellar travel (possibly a terran FTL drive) was sufficient to send the Yamato far enough away from earth that a core of human survivors would be safe from the Gamilons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Hopefully we'll get to know all that if Izubuchi gets the go ahead on his proposed prequel. An Okita centric story would be awesome, showing us the war between Earth and Mars and the initial attacks by the Gamilas. Hope he gets to do it. :-)
That reminds me of Birth Of fire.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.