AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-09, 10:27   Link #641
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Promote them to what exactly ? Quenser is a civilian.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 10:39   Link #642
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

But Heivia is a soldier. Private first class I think. At least he should get promoted.
Though it's mostly Quenser who does the work
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 10:42   Link #643
Chaos2Frozen

They can't exactly reward them when most of their deeds were done by disobeying orders
Old 2013-09-09, 15:42   Link #644
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They can't exactly reward them when most of their deeds were done by disobeying orders
Why? As captain Humpty said in Phule's Company, "We keep saying we want our junior officers to show initiative and leadership. If we slap them down every time they try something that doesn't work, then pretty soon no one will have the courage to do anything that isn't under orders and by the book."
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 17:54   Link #645
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Why? As captain Humpty said in Phule's Company, "We keep saying we want our junior officers to show initiative and leadership. If we slap them down every time they try something that doesn't work, then pretty soon no one will have the courage to do anything that isn't under orders and by the book."
Not everyone adopts that policy, and them doing their own thing under the radar has created some big problems as well- seen in the fourth volume.
Old 2013-09-09, 17:58   Link #646
tsunade666

Quote:
Not everyone adopts that policy, and them doing their own thing under the radar has created some big problems as well- seen in the fourth volume.
Destroying resources of income but that could be avoided if they are higher ranking soldiers. If they are higher ranking and has a unit they need to take care of, they won't do that crazy stuff all the time. It will also give control if they only send them against troublesome object.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 18:09   Link #647
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Destroying resources of income but that could be avoided if they are higher ranking soldiers. If they are higher ranking and has a unit they need to take care of, they won't do that crazy stuff all the time. It will also give control if they only send them against troublesome object.
You're forgetting that being higher rank would also be giving them responsibility and power. You know how difficult it is to run a Unit? Officers go through years of training and some could still botch it up.
Old 2013-09-09, 18:26   Link #648
tsunade666

Quote:
You're forgetting that being higher rank would also be giving them responsibility and power. You know how difficult it is to run a Unit? Officers go through years of training and some could still botch it up.
which is why they are being turned into an officer to begin with.

My argument is the higher ups think that they cause trouble and why aren't being promoted.

This kills two birds with one stone.

If they are officers then they will think less of doing rash actions because they have responsibility of being an officer. And the higher ups are going insane on what to do with them.

Keeping them away form the front lines didn't help because other units target them like unicorn, to be used on their plans.

But if they are in training or an officer, then the unit will be their saddled or hostage if you might be blatant with it.

Old 2013-09-09, 18:33   Link #649
Chaos2Frozen

You don't just turn enlistees into officers, never mind I keep repeating that one of them is a civilian, they have to go through OCS. That's a full year of training give or take, and there's no guarantee they'll make the cut.
Old 2013-09-09, 19:28   Link #650
tsunade666

Quote:
You don't just turn enlistees into officers, never mind I keep repeating that one of them is a civilian, they have to go through OCS. That's a full year of training give or take, and there's no guarantee they'll make the cut.
does that argument even valid if you look at their situation? :dot:

If Quenser is indeed treated as A STUDENT then he won't be even thrown in the front lines but instead stay in the barracks or the object maintenance where he should be.

And really look at their situation and say that again. Look at the leader of the countries, how they work behind the desk. Training a bunch of recruit into a special training program should be possible for them if they REALLY WANT IT.

1 year? it can be shorten if those leaders want it.

listing all the cons and pros of the problem. I still don't see why they aren't being enlisted as officers or given promotions. And lets not talk about quenser. Hevia got his military training but still do odd jobs here and there and no military recognition aside from vol 1 but after that one object. They've been thrown into the wolves again.

Old 2013-09-09, 19:51   Link #651
Chaos2Frozen

I'll try this again;

Quote:
does that argument even valid if you look at their situation? :dot:

If Quenser is indeed treated as A STUDENT then he won't be even thrown in the front lines but instead stay in the barracks or the object maintenance where he should be.
Civilians are embedded with Frontline soldiers before, this isn't anything completely special.

Quote:
And really look at their situation and say that again. Look at the leader of the countries, how they work behind the desk. Training a bunch of recruit into a special training program should be possible for them if they REALLY WANT IT.

1 year? it can be shorten if those leaders want it.

listing all the cons and pros of the problem. I still don't see why they aren't being enlisted as officers or given promotions. And lets not talk about quenser. Hevia got his military training but still do odd jobs here and there and no military recognition aside from vol 1 but after that one object. They've been thrown into the wolves again.
Hevia is only an enlistee who signed up for three years of service- After that he's done.

The story has already repeatedly stated their reasons for not being rewarded, I'm not sure why there is an obsession with it but perhaps you're projecting a little too much into the characters?
Old 2013-09-09, 21:39   Link #652
tsunade666

Quote:
Civilians are embedded with Frontline soldiers before, this isn't anything completely special.

Hevia is only an enlistee who signed up for three years of service- After that he's done.

The story has already repeatedly stated their reasons for not being rewarded, I'm not sure why there is an obsession with it but perhaps you're projecting a little too much into the characters?
Civilians enlisted in war is nothing special if the country is in war but for Quenser. He just do it because its easier that way. As for Hevia, admittedly I didn't remember anymore that his only been enlisted for 3 years. But I know he just wants military recognition and be done with it. So his family won't be bitching about him being an heir anymore.

I also know they cause a lot of trouble which is why their reward was moot. But that's why I think its illogical to not just put them into program and make them into officer. In the book, the matter in resources was tackled. Be it human or material resources. They themselves are consider resources and that's why they aren't just been removed from the enlistment is because they fear that they would go to other world power (which I don't remember if some other world power make a move already to recruit them)

But the thing is why I don't see it a logical move to just make them an officer so they can be easily controlled on where to be deployed and reduce their brash movements.

As for projecting to much into it. It just felt weird when you look at it from military stand point. They should be an asset but they are loose canon. They cause to much trouble and they don't want to deal with them which is why its bothering me that they are letting this loose canon go and not turn them into guided missiles. Its weird in illogical from my stand point.

And don't use the civilian thing for Quenser because like I said if you look at their world. Civilian or commoner doesn't matter. Look at the elite of assault signal? or something. The object that was created by Clair. The elite is a commoner but been recruited to become an elite.

They continue to bitch that Object cost to much but they are letting loose canon destroy object of the enemies and they cost nothing in funding them but because they are leaving them be. they are causing more problem than they achieve.

Old 2013-09-09, 21:49   Link #653
Chaos2Frozen

...I don't think you know how the whole Enlistee/NCO/Officers system work in the Military, otherwise you wouldn't be suggesting something so outlandish as immediately promoting a student and a private to an Officer.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-09-09 at 21:59.
Old 2013-09-09, 21:56   Link #654
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

One thing to remember, in military, outlier like Heivia and Quenser who keep ignoring order to act what they think best, even if they achieve something, is to be despised not promoted. Asume that like you suggested, heivia and quenser get promoted and given a small squad to lead, can the brass be sure that their movement won't destroy the bigger strategic move/diplomatic move even more, now that they have a small unit to order with.

It's good and all if it happens like you said, the baka duo decide to tune down the mess creating ratio for their subordinate, but what if what hapen is the opposite, they become a band(or two) of soldiers who keep making mess everywhere instead of two individual officer(and with added probability to infuence their subordinate to become the same mess-maker soldier like them). If I was the brass, I certainly wouldn't want to risk that
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 01:52   Link #655
Hoaviet

ヘヴィーオブジェクト 亡霊達の警察 / HEAVY OBJECT Bourei tachi no Keisatsu (9 NOV 2013, ISBN)

Anyone else super pumped, new volume finally coming out yay
Old 2013-09-10, 04:51   Link #656
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

^who isn't
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 19:08   Link #657
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Half of me wonders if HO is getting delayed because Nagi has other projects to work on. More than anything it seems like the publisher wants IV to catch up too HO in the terms of novels? Makes me wonder what happened to Waltraute if its technically finished or still on-going.

If it was reality those two would've of been court martial-ed a long time ago.
Old 2013-09-20, 20:59   Link #658
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Half of me wonders if HO is getting delayed because Nagi has other projects to work on. More than anything it seems like the publisher wants IV to catch up too HO in the terms of novels? Makes me wonder what happened to Waltraute if its technically finished or still on-going.

If it was reality those two would've of been court martial-ed a long time ago.
What does IV refer to?
bakapervert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 21:51   Link #659
Chaos2Frozen

Intelli Village. Kamachi's other work.
Old 2013-10-09, 07:47   Link #660
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Meh... This Novel is very interesting to read, but the first chapter taxted my body too much... Only a few could did it, and they're all great works, though.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen, war