AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-21, 21:53   Link #961
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Silly is a very kind adjective to describe the last episode... at this point I believe it would be more meaningful to have a hot-spring episode, rather than that train-wreck misunderstood as plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And that's one reason I liked Twins over Teacher.
I am with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think this show would've been a lot better without the alien stuff...
Also true. Until midway I just found it unnecessary, after the rescue bot annoying, but now just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Horie Yui as Emika - this show actually gets better? Yuzu and Mayu together again.

“You’ll be sorry in three years!” Drink your milk, Kanna – fight on!
Really? She doesn't sound like her at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
And I had a big laugh when Mio and Tetsuro held Rinon hostage, I didn't know it could work like that And to be honest, I think things were introduced as well as they should have, like Rinon unable to teleport to the location due to a planet-wide firewall, personally I don't have a problem with ep 11, other than...gotta wait a week for the last ep. Oh well, at least I don't have to wait a whole summer like the gang
The question remains though how exactly did they stop her from teleporting Ichika, does it have talk or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh yeah, I'm happy. At first I thought it was rather cheap of him to ask that at that time, but then rather than timing, I thought that it was an indirect promise that they'll make it out alive
The only positive thing that happened this episode, the pervert won the love fight

My god the episode was just awful
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 01:12   Link #962
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I think so too. I am just wondering, if she has some secret agenda, such as trying to find the other aliens, or if she is really trying to help. In case the latter is true, then she is not particularly dedicated to her job.
hmm... that's make sense... so Remon is Men in Black, eh...
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 09:42   Link #963
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
It actually makes sense. The other unathorized aliens may have passed knowledge to the natives, bumping the ''rank'' of the planet. It is still weird, but it has a bit of logic, and for a show focused on the characters instead of the world, that is enough.
That doesn't make sense to me. Whether or not Earth received a little help from aliens in the past doesn't change the current level of development of the planet. It's rank F no matter what. They made it sound like the simple fact aliens came here in the past was enough to bump the ranking anyway... so what about Ichika herself? Shouldn't her involvement count too?

Ah well, whatever. I don't care all that much about that. All that matters to me is that Tetsurou chose Mio!
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 10:02   Link #964
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That doesn't make sense to me. Whether or not Earth received a little help from aliens in the past doesn't change the current level of development of the planet. It's rank F no matter what. They made it sound like the simple fact aliens came here in the past was enough to bump the ranking anyway... so what about Ichika herself? Shouldn't her involvement count too?
I doubt any single contact with outer space has enough weight to bump a planet's rank, however, finding proof of previous contact with the natives sets up a precedent that justifies Ichika's. Besides, the reason they're looking for these people is to find the place burried in Ichika's alien race's DNA. They *hope* this will solve their problems, but hope is rarely something built upon solid footing.

So let's hope they make more sense of it. Still, I wish we got MORE alien stuff. Shipping fans talking as if the creators pulled the alien climax out of their ass obviously haven't paid enough attention to the show. Remember Kaito getting killed and revived twice? And Okinawa ... Okinawa was one huge plot device, not only serving the romance aspect of the show, but also the alien part because Rinon sent out that distress signal, which triggered the lifepod invasion later on. Dumb chance, especially one where you get nearly trampled to death by a horny teenager's ass, isn't how I like my shows to reach resolution, but there you have it.
__________________
cyth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 15:04   Link #965
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
Episiode 11 shows what I really like about Ano Natsu and what I think they could have done without. I watched it yesterday but I couldn't think of what I wanted to say until now.

Once again, Kanna and Tetsurou are the ones who get the small moments of "pure win" and they show how much growth they have undergone since Ichika came into their lives. I agree with the poster that said "Fight On" to Kanna. Her "I'll make you regret it in three years" was an adorable moment, and I sometimes wish she was the lead girl. Tetsurou comes to term with his own actions and behavior and decides that he will reciprocate towards Mio. The guy is so a bro that he and Mio should have their own series with Kanna showing up every now and then and Remon trolling Kanna.

Remon is always a joy to watch, and she certainly is prepared for fighting against alien drones and such. I wonder if any of her secrets will be revealed in the final episode next week.

But anyway, the things I love about this series is Remon trolliing and her doing a lot of work behind the scenes to help her friends. The movie just wouldn't have gotten made if she hadn't stepped in(I hope Kaito thanks her for that at some point), and she was the one who actually found a way to keep Kaito and Ichika together. I also love the friendship between Mio, Tetsurou and Kanna(and their relationships to Ichika and Kaito). The human drama and comedy and the way that someone like Kanna is able to be a complex and sympathetic character shows that the director is one of the best.

I really don't care for the alien part of the plot. The science fiction aspect to this series is really weak when you compare it to this season's other sci-fi series and Spring's Ozuma. I just feels like that alien angle to this series was a gimmick that tried to lure in viewers so it would not be just another high school drama/comedy show with slice of life elements. Whereas the character moments feel natural and real, the plot-related alien stuff feels tacked-on and it sort of breaks my suspension of disbelief. And really, you'd think with this mysterious "genetic memory" implanted into these aliens and with Remon's possible non-joke about being a MIB agent, that Earth would not be a "Grade-F" world. Then again, aliens have always underestimated the people of Earth(I would have typed Tau'ri, but not everyone has seen Stargate SG1 so the reference might slip by).

Episode gets 8/10 because Kanna, Remon and Tetsurou really have carried this show so Kaito and Ichika can have the spotlight(and their romance) and I wasn't keen on the sudden alien caused plot.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 18:55   Link #966
king12354
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Lol, what a ridiculous episode filled with cliche one-liners. Nothing else I can say about it.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:26   Link #967
dark-kyon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
a question,this anime not have much interest to me,but i love the character design and the promotional images of remon,the other character to the true i see too cliche i have zero interest in them,well the question is the time screen of remon good enough to see this anime only for her.
thanks.
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:35   Link #968
sikvod00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Age: 27
I disagree with the idea that Remon's character is not a cliche. She most certainly is, however lots of people still enjoy her (I'm the exception). But you really have to be in love with Remon to watch this show exclusively for her, because her screen time is quite limited compared to the other characters.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:18   Link #969
dark-kyon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I disagree with the idea that Remon's character is not a cliche. She most certainly is, however lots of people still enjoy her (I'm the exception). But you really have to be in love with Remon to watch this show exclusively for her, because her screen time is quite limited compared to the other characters.
i never say what remon is not cliche i only say what like character desing,i not see one episode to know that.only want to know his screen time and role.
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:29   Link #970
sikvod00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Age: 27
Ah, ok. I misunderstood.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:47   Link #971
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-kyon View Post
a question,this anime not have much interest to me,but i love the character design and the promotional images of remon,the other character to the true i see too cliche i have zero interest in them,well the question is the time screen of remon good enough to see this anime only for her.
thanks.
Short answer... no! She is there as a deus ex machina to salvage the mess that the changes to the source material did

Lemon as all the characters are adapted (if not copied) from Onegai Sensei, in this context and considering that Onegai series influenced many rom-coms... she is cliched and a copy-cat.

Anyway, if you like the designs, you have better chances at plot with self-produced drawn works, rather than popular corporate-promoted animations
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 21:14   Link #972
dark-kyon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Short answer... no! She is there as a deus ex machina to salvage the mess that the changes to the source material did

Lemon as all the characters are adapted (if not copied) from Onegai Sensei, in this context and considering that Onegai series influenced many rom-coms... she is cliched and a copy-cat.

Anyway, if you like the designs, you have better chances at plot with self-produced drawn works, rather than popular corporate-promoted animations
thank for the answer .
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 06:33   Link #973
warita
Dai-Youkai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vienna
So people hate the alien subplot.

I must say I am indifferent on it. The last 2 episodes fell completely flat for me and left me yawning. So yes, I could do without it too.

The thing is, the series doesnt really have much else going for it either. It seems that the majority of the fans are delighted by the love mess between the characters or appreciate Remons loli qualities.

I think the problem with me is, that I am long past the age, where complicated love relationships, insecurities and the difficulties of finding ones identity are of any interest to me. Sure, I had to go through that myself when I was a teenager, but having put that behind me it no longer fascinates me.

Admitedly, the anime is refreshing in the sense that it handles the issues somewhat realistically (if you substract the alien stuff) ..... and even though realism is refreshing for a change... I actually watch my animes to escape the reality, if you know what I mean.

The whole point of this semi-ranting post is, I dont really know what to think of this anime, especially after the last 2 episodes. I wanted to participate in the discussion but whenever I place my fingers above the keyboard and want to start typing, I cant think of anything deep the next generations would want to have a record of.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 08:52   Link #974
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
I think it says something good for this show that it's clear that there are people who greatly dislike the premise and yet enjoy the show for some other reason/subplot.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 10:53   Link #975
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
So people hate the alien subplot.

I must say I am indifferent on it. The last 2 episodes fell completely flat for me and left me yawning. So yes, I could do without it too.
Hate Not really, it's just lame and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
The thing is, the series doesnt really have much else going for it either. It seems that the majority of the fans are delighted by the love mess between the characters or appreciate Remons loli qualities.
Lemon is there for the non-ecchi fanservice to Onegai-old-timers, as well as filler for the lack of rom-com material... The producers obviously had no balls to show something interesting with Kanna and Mio

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I think the problem with me is, that I am long past the age, where complicated love relationships, insecurities and the difficulties of finding ones identity are of any interest to me. Sure, I had to go through that myself when I was a teenager, but having put that behind me it no longer fascinates me.

Admitedly, the anime is refreshing in the sense that it handles the issues somewhat realistically (if you substract the alien stuff) ..... and even though realism is refreshing for a change... I actually watch my animes to escape the reality, if you know what I mean.

The whole point of this semi-ranting post is, I dont really know what to think of this anime, especially after the last 2 episodes. I wanted to participate in the discussion but whenever I place my fingers above the keyboard and want to start typing, I cant think of anything deep the next generations would want to have a record of.
But generally speaking, it is a good effort as an Onegai Sensei for HDTV

PS: Aside for butch Gen and porNishiOIshin, I don't really expect that anyone would dare anything original and thought/comfort-provoking in anime or TV in general
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 14:48   Link #976
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Couldnt reply earlier, cause i was busy as hell.

Just to point out the obvious.

The place, she has been looking for is Kizaki-ko. Lemon has experience dealing with aliens? Hello Onegai Teacher~.

Spoiler for picture:


Kizaki-ko on google maps:

http://g.co/maps/ss75f

I liked this episode so far but this car, Lemon is driving.. That was a bit to much. Or did she actually mean by "experience with aliens", those fellas?

__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:07   Link #977
CWW
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
My fears have come true! Kanna is going to die alone. ;n;

Tetsurou is a hypocrite for saying Kaito shouldn't give up when he gave up on Kanna so easily himself. Lost respect for you, bro.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:18   Link #978
Akarin
...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 15
^I'm hoping for her to end up like Herikawa Koishi from Onegai Teacher, finds love and marriage with another man (a teacher maybe).

Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 11:18   Link #979
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Aw, what's with the hate for the alien sub-plot? You guys definitely need to see it this way:

The alien stuff in this series is all Lemon's movie, so as long as you think of it like that, then it's no longer annoying anymore!!! *runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Silly is a very kind adjective to describe the last episode... at this point I believe it would be more meaningful to have a hot-spring episode, rather than that train-wreck misunderstood as plot
Come on pal, there's still room for a 13th episode if they want to we all know how special that is

Quote:
Really? She doesn't sound like her at all.
You'll get a good idea of it when she's at the table and she introduces herself.

Quote:
The question remains though how exactly did they stop her from teleporting Ichika, does it have talk or something
lol I think it's supposed to say "non" or "na" when it uses functions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That doesn't make sense to me. Whether or not Earth received a little help from aliens in the past doesn't change the current level of development of the planet. It's rank F no matter what. They made it sound like the simple fact aliens came here in the past was enough to bump the ranking anyway... so what about Ichika herself? Shouldn't her involvement count too?
I wanted to add onto what cyth said, and I think it has a lot more to do with a previous encounter that happened rather than whether or not Earth has ships capable of inter-galaxy travel

Let's look at it from this angle: remember the class of this planet, and that contact with Earthlings is pretty much forbidden? So Earth gets slapped with a class F rating, and us Earthlings will never meet a Mizuho

But wait! Someone did come to this planet previously, and broke the rules! And hooked up and had kids to boot. 3 lovely daughters, ah the Earthling that was chosen for that was lucky ahem, long example short, since the rules were broken previously, that would justify Ichika's involvement with this Class F planet, because since someone had interplanetary relations with an Earthling before, this planet is no longer forbidden from entry! Therefore we're no longer just a Class F planet, we're a Class F planet with special visitation rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
My fears have come true! Kanna is going to die alone. ;n;
Aw, that's harsh no wait, that emote does not mean I am laughing....must...not...

Ahem, that is harsh. Kanna didn't give up yet, remember, she's going to invade Kaito's and Mizuho's love life in 3 years, so it's not over yet!
Quote:
Tetsurou is a hypocrite for saying Kaito shouldn't give up when he gave up on Kanna so easily himself. Lost respect for you, bro.
Okay, joking aside, that is harsh. Remember that Kanna practically rejected him, she still has feelings for another dude, so if Tetsurou was going to keep pursuing her even though he knows all that, I honestly think that would have been more disastrous. For everyone, including Manami

Besides, Tetsurou X Mio was written in the stars, because no matter if there was an Ichika or not, Kanna still wouldn't look at him romantically *cough* dare I say she just considers him a childhood friend
__________________

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 14:00   Link #980
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
My fears have come true! Kanna is going to die alone. ;n;

Tetsurou is a hypocrite for saying Kaito shouldn't give up when he gave up on Kanna so easily himself. Lost respect for you, bro.
That's kind of harsh, because that also implies that Mio is nothing more than his safety net when we clearly see that he did become attracted to her as the series progressed.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.