AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-20, 08:09   Link #261
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
I'm reading the manga of this(it's awesome), is the anime better?


If you change her name to 'Kyoukai'(her japanese name) than I WILL steal it. xD


lol, i would use it but i finnaly found a decent zenovia sig, so its damn hard to let go
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:06   Link #262
magax
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
I'm reading the manga of this(it's awesome), is the anime better?


If you change her name to 'Kyoukai'(her japanese name) than I WILL steal it. xD
I read the manga up to the latest raw chapters and watched the anime, and my advice is stick to the manga.

Just some clarification here,
Japanese/Chinese:羌瘣
Romanization of the japanese pronunciation: kyoukai
Pinyin of the chinese pronunciation: qiang lei

She existed in china's history and she is a he in history in case you have no idea. Using the chinese name is more appropriate IMO.
__________________
火を絶やすでないぞォ--麃公
千万不可以将心中的战火熄灭--麃公
magax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:43   Link #263
leokiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post


lol, i would use it but i finnaly found a decent zenovia sig, so its damn hard to let go
!!!!

Thank you so much. Freaking awesome xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by magax View Post
She existed in china's history and she is a he in history in case you have no idea. Using the chinese name is more appropriate IMO.
I know that. But I prefer to read it in japanese.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:12   Link #264
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by magax View Post
I read the manga up to the latest raw chapters and watched the anime, and my advice is stick to the manga.

Just some clarification here,
Japanese/Chinese:羌瘣
Romanization of the japanese pronunciation: kyoukai
Pinyin of the chinese pronunciation: qiang lei

She existed in china's history and she is a he in history in case you have no idea..
you got any info on qiang lei in history? couldn't find anything on the guy.

(I was actually told by a Chinese guy that she/he didn't exist so that's why I'm asking)
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 20:53   Link #265
Pacify
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aussie
Age: 27
I watched like 5 minutes of the first episode, then decided to just stick with the manga lol
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 01:11   Link #266
leokiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post
I watched like 5 minutes of the first episode, then decided to just stick with the manga lol
Good decision.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 01:38   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
If you like missing out on some of the most well-written anime out there, an excellent one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:29   Link #268
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you like missing out on some of the most well-written anime out there, an excellent one.
I agree if you rather watch anime with no substance and themes you seen thousands of times, sure go ahead
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 04:39   Link #269
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post
I watched like 5 minutes of the first episode, then decided to just stick with the manga lol
What the 2 previous gentlemen were trying to say is that the anime is quite awesome, and you would be missing out if you did not watch it.

As often mentioned throughout this thread, the early CGI animation is really, really bad, which has caused a lot of people to drop this series before they even give it a chance. However, as the series progresses, the CGI becomes infinitely better. By the mid teens, the animation is quite normal by current standards, and by the time season 2 came about, the animation is quite impressive so far.

Give the anime a chance, and you'll enjoy it like so many others have.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 05:03   Link #270
magax
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
I have to say the manga is better. More gore, more blood, more details. The anime censored all the blood and gore and skipped an entire arc from the manga too. Season 2 seems pretty ok so far though. I would recommend those who have yet to read the manga to at read it and see the difference yourself.
__________________
火を絶やすでないぞォ--麃公
千万不可以将心中的战火熄灭--麃公
magax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 05:17   Link #271
magax
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
you got any info on qiang lei in history? couldn't find anything on the guy.

(I was actually told by a Chinese guy that she/he didn't exist so that's why I'm asking)
Spoiler for qiang lei info:
__________________
火を絶やすでないぞォ--麃公
千万不可以将心中的战火熄灭--麃公
magax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 08:38   Link #272
Pacify
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aussie
Age: 27
But i have already been reading the manga for some time. The animation direction, style and art just puts me off, i prefer the artwork in the manga.

That said, it has become very much a battle porn series atmo, 90% battles 10% plot lol. not that there is anything wrong with that, I just prefered the first couple of arcs.
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 18:51   Link #273
leokiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
The anime disgusts me. It's definitely difficult to read the manga and then try out the anime afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you like missing out on some of the most well-written anime out there, an excellent one.
I AM reading the story. And HE is as well. But on the manga, where it's just...better. Sooooo much better.

Last edited by leokiko; 2013-06-21 at 23:08.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 18:08   Link #274
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for ep 3:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 01:47   Link #275
Friday
Im shy too...
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Invercargill Southland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 3:
she met someone like her....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 02:27   Link #276
mika163
(^.^) /
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
so that was what it meant. i was wondering too.
__________________
mika163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 03:59   Link #277
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
that caped person huh....maybe theyll use him for an improvised assassin arc(the one that was left out of the first season)
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 18:23   Link #278
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Ah man, season 1 was great and already season 2 is just as tense. This anime is very good at creating the most serious, tense situations out of the smallest things. We're only 3 episodes into the second season and already i've had moments that made me want to jump out of my chair with excitement. Xin sitting opposite Li Mu, such a simple yet unexpected turn of events in episode 3.

The alliance being formed in episode 2, never saw it coming, however I do feel it has something to do with a scheme Li Mu has up his sleeve.
__________________
Gintaro from Gingitsune
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 20:44   Link #279
Friday
Im shy too...
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Invercargill Southland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Ah man, season 1 was great and already season 2 is just as tense. This anime is very good at creating the most serious, tense situations out of the smallest things. We're only 3 episodes into the second season and already i've had moments that made me want to jump out of my chair with excitement. Xin sitting opposite Li Mu, such a simple yet unexpected turn of events in episode 3.

The alliance being formed in episode 2, never saw it coming, however I do feel it has something to do with a scheme Li Mu has up his sleeve.
it's only 3 episode and I love it

who's the best schemer..... Li Mu or Lu Buwei?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 23:36   Link #280
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
it's only 3 episode and I love it

who's the best schemer..... Li Mu or Lu Buwei?
Im guessing li mu. im expecting him to do a "just as planned" soon
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, drama, fantasy, historical, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.