AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-27, 16:14   Link #561
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Well, translating the summary for vol. 7 is a real pain. It's 3 times longer than what I did for volume 4 and 5.

A lot of LN have been bothering me so much. I'm thankful they're being translated. But there are things that annoy the hell out of me.

Hidan no Aria - Aria annoys me.

Serei Tsukai no Blade Dance - I really despise Claire, and the unreasonable violent tsundere in general. Maybe Kamito's indecisiveness also annoys me. Don't tell me he's a decisive guy when he doesn't tell the rest of the girls to stop bothering him and Restia and Est!

Heavy Object - Quenser's superiors are jerks.

Campione! - Godou is too impractical. He doesn't train or seeks battles to increase his experience when the strongest adversary is sleeping right under his island. What if he loses? There's no guaranty that the god won't do anything to Japan...

Sword Art Online - Is Kirito really the strongest? How is he compared to Asuna? I read it until vol. 9 and still can't figure out. Also, I don't agree about having a side kick like Egueo when he has been a solo swordman for 8 volumes.

Well, that's it. I think that even though Eco seems to be like Louise at first, she doesn't come close to any girls on my complaint list in term of sheer annoyance.

Spoiler for SnRK Vol 7 Summary Part 1/3:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:17   Link #562
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Heavy Object - Quenser's superiors are jerks.
Four words - Welcome to the Army.

At least that is actually a reasonable real world excuse to be a jerk.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:30   Link #563
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, translating the summary for vol. 7 is a real pain. It's 3 times longer than what I did for volume 4 and 5.

A lot of LN have been bothering me so much. I'm thankful they're being translated. But there are things that annoy the hell out of me.

Hidan no Aria - Aria annoys me.

Serei Tsukai no Blade Dance - I really despise Claire, and the unreasonable violent tsundere in general. Maybe Kamito's indecisiveness also annoys me. Don't tell me he's a decisive guy when he doesn't tell the rest of the girls to stop bothering him and Restia and Est!

Heavy Object - Quenser's superiors are jerks.

Campione! - Godou is too impractical. He doesn't train or seeks battles to increase his experience when the strongest adversary is sleeping right under his island. What if he loses? There's no guaranty that the god won't do anything to Japan...

Sword Art Online - Is Kirito really the strongest? How is he compared to Asuna? I read it until vol. 9 and still can't figure out. Also, I don't agree about having a side kick like Egueo when he has been a solo swordman for 8 volumes.

Well, that's it. I think that even though Eco seems to be like Louise at first, she doesn't come close to any girls on my complaint list in term of sheer annoyance.

Spoiler for SnRK Vol 7 Summary Part 1/3:
First off, thank you very much for the summary.

About the complaints, most of those are actually justified.

For Serei and HnA, the tsundere is extremely popular in Japan. Probably because of the contrast to the Yamamato Nadeshiko.

For Heavy Object, yes they are.

For SAO, yes. Kirito is the strongest. Because the death game ended, technically "Kirito" doesn't exist anymore. Kazuto the game player can beat nearly everyone anyway, except that new girl in vol 9 (doesn't she die, though?), but "Kirito" can literally override the game system if Asuna is in danger. Or he's pissed.

For Campione, training wouldn't help. This is actually lampshaded in the story. Because the powers they use are so ridiculous, individual training doesn't really matter. For example, both Luo Hao and Doni are at the top of their respective disciplines. Godou beat Luo Hao unconcious and cut Doni in half.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:31   Link #564
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Four words - Welcome to the Army.

At least that is actually a reasonable real world excuse to be a jerk.
Modern warfare shows too huge difference between enlisted and officer ranks.

And Quenser is just a field student.

No one seems to respect him as the one who destroyed several OBJECTs. A feat no one can ever do, repeatedly.

And Baby Magnum always loses.

Kamachi's sense of naming is weird too. maybe he just wants unique names.

As for Campione!

Dude, they said that training doesn't cut it for campione since they only need to fight and gain experience from real battle.

But seeing Goudo has to be protected by his harem quite often, from average opponents, make me think that he's too impractical. He doesn't even try to learn anything regarding magic, relying on mouth-to-mouth knowledge transfer only, and he has the nerve to say he does not like it. Most other campione are far more knowledgable than him about this.

And when Goudo confronts Veretragna who brags about challenging any enemies even when he's in disadvantage, Goudo has the nerve to be pissed off. He's basically worse since he has no knowledge of his oppoents to create the golden sword, and has to rely on the girls, every time.

Now back to the topic, Cassandra is really evil. She seems to be more evil than Uriel. Considering that Mordred is sleeping inside her and doesn't even wake up yet. I suppose there's no need for Mordred to possess Cassandra. I just hope we won't just forgive that bitch easily, while killing mooks because they aren't hot.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:35   Link #565
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

For Serei and HnA, the tsundere is extremely popular in Japan. Probably because of the contrast to the Yamamato Nadeshiko.
I don't know about reason- we each have our own reason for liking what we like, but personally it just feels like those writers are cashing off on ZnT's success without realizing how much of a bad idea is it to borrow the worst idea from that series.

As for why ZnT? Well, they're all MF Bunko titles after all.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:43   Link #566
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know about reason- we each have our own reason for liking what we like, but personally it just feels like those writers are cashing off on ZnT's success without realizing how much of a bad idea is it to borrow the worst idea from that series.

As for why ZnT? Well, they're all MF Bunko titles after all.
You're right about people having different preferences, but the whole "pettanko tsundere with violent tendencies" became popular because shows like ZnT and Shakugan no Shana were extremely popular in Japan. While at the very least the people in this forum seem to dislike tsunderes, we aren't very high on the authors priority list, since we don't pay anything.

Edit: Incidentally, I actually like the character if done well. Eco is probably my favorite.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:44   Link #567
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Actually, I'm trying to improve my artwork while I'm not studying. I hope that one day, I'll make a harem manga, with all tsundere like Louise getting dumped...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:52   Link #568
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
You're right about people having different preferences, but the whole "pettanko tsundere with violent tendencies" became popular because shows like ZnT and Shakugan no Shana were extremely popular in Japan.
There's a BIG difference between Dengeki's Shana and MF's Louise... Though this is not the place to discuss it.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:00   Link #569
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's a BIG difference between Dengeki's Shana and MF's Louise... Though this is not the place to discuss it.
I almost never notice that Shana is supposed to be a tsundere since season 2. The difference between Shana and Louise is too vast, I kind of wonder if people are in their right mind saying Shana to be the same type as Louise.

The most tsundere thing Shana does to Yuuji is shouting at him "Urusai, urusai, urusai!".
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:28   Link #570
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
I haven't actually read/watched SnS, I was just told she was the original Tsundere. And I don't think anyone else goes as far as Louis.

btw, Kleeyok, if you make a harem manga, you should make it all tsundere. Then have them all get defrosted and become totally dere-dere. Alternatively, skip the first part and just do dere-dere. Like HighSchool DxD (which I just noticed could be read as HighSchool DerexDere)
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 18:08   Link #571
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I haven't actually read/watched SnS, I was just told she was the original Tsundere. And I don't think anyone else goes as far as Louis.

btw, Kleeyok, if you make a harem manga, you should make it all tsundere. Then have them all get defrosted and become totally dere-dere. Alternatively, skip the first part and just do dere-dere. Like HighSchool DxD (which I just noticed could be read as HighSchool DerexDere)
Dude, defrosting ice queen is for coodere, the ice queen type, not the hot-blooded sadistic violent girls who'd just keep pestering you.

BTW, it seems like Uriel is the typical manipulative bastard who thinks he's so smart, looking down on others and kind of breaks down when he's losing. I still have to wait for detail about the fight against him though.

Also, everything in vol. 9 seems too forced...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 19:14   Link #572
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
should check out mknr
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 19:46   Link #573
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I haven't actually read/watched SnS, I was just told she was the original Tsundere. And I don't think anyone else goes as far as Louis.
No, not by a long shot. Tsundere have been around way before Shana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Dude, defrosting ice queen is for coodere, the ice queen type, not the hot-blooded sadistic violent girls who'd just keep pestering you.
There are 'hot' and 'cold' types of Tsundere.

Kuudere are a different sort and fall more under the 'silent' moe.

Maahh~ it's not like this is an exact science and I'm sure if you dig hard enough you can find people who have given more thought into it, but that's my take on it.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:13   Link #574
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
thnx for the summary dude
Spoiler:
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:53   Link #575
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
In Japan, Loli-tsundere with pink/red hair and knee socks is popular.
Thats why we see many of tsundere who are so alike.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 00:35   Link #576
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There are 'hot' and 'cold' types of Tsundere.

Kuudere are a different sort and fall more under the 'silent' moe.

Maahh~ it's not like this is an exact science and I'm sure if you dig hard enough you can find people who have given more thought into it, but that's my take on it.
Well, I think that the cold type of tsundere is those that tend to ignore the protagonist or always give him cold looks in her eyes. Kuudere just simply doesn't care. We can just say that tsundere that act coldly towards the protagonist is a pretended-kuudere.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 01:54   Link #577
reccaryu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
thanks for the summary!
reccaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 18:29   Link #578
yuiichi9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
"You definitely could. Do you know that I am ranked 108th to inherit the throne. But I don't care since I'm determined to become the king anyway."
This a fragment from the summary of vol 7. Did the king of chevron had 108 child or at least more than 80? If so then he must have incredible amount of stamina. That is a small army. Will ash compete to have more than 108 child, If so then he must have 4-5 child with each of the girls of his harem. .
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 20:59   Link #579
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
This a fragment from the summary of vol 7. Did the king of chevron had 108 child or at least more than 80? If so then he must have incredible amount of stamina. That is a small army. Will ash compete to have more than 108 child, If so then he must have 4-5 child with each of the girls of his harem. .
I'm not sure if he had 108 children (though that would be an awesome precedent for Ash), but one alternative would be to include other relatives like cousins, high ranking other nobles, etc.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 21:39   Link #580
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm not sure if he had 108 children (though that would be an awesome precedent for Ash), but one alternative would be to include other relatives like cousins, high ranking other nobles, etc.
High ranking nobles does not belong to the line of succession unless they are related to the ruler. As for cousins, there's no way they would take precedence over the King's own children--considering Chevron is a polygamous country(for the king at least).
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dragons, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.