AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-17, 22:17   Link #581
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
I finally found the page, but had to go through the forum to get to it.
You should have been able to use the search bar, that's how I got back to it.
__________________
XFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:31   Link #582
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbjoshy View Post
You have to manually search for it there.
It is in the teasers section- I was translating the prologue of volume 3, where Anya apparently want to sneak into the school as a waitress to further "investigate Ash Renbell"

I have to admit due to apparently lack of interest I kind of dropped the project Between lack of replies on the thread, fan interest, or any editor support.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:34   Link #583
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Well, I'm off to conquer China then... But wait, what you're trying to say is that it's the Chinese Emperors fault for the overpopulation of China?!


But it's seriously a strange feeling. I often think that most protagonist in harem story's have enough females to make a kingdom, but when they actually do it...
BTW, most concubines never get to serve the emperor. A lot of them end up dying as virgins

One historial report involve a emperor who decided who to sleep with by driving his chariot in front of the forbidden whore---I mean forbidden city's palaces, the house he stop at he spent the evening there.

So one enterperial lady decided to leave salt in front her house, thus when the emperor's chariot stop by, he choose her to "do his business" with.

Lo and behind, 9 months later she ascend the imperial ladder with the heir.

Now that is ancient marketing for the win.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:51   Link #584
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
It is in the teasers section- I was translating the prologue of volume 3, where Anya apparently want to sneak into the school as a waitress to further "investigate Ash Renbell"

I have to admit due to apparently lack of interest I kind of dropped the project Between lack of replies on the thread, fan interest, or any editor support.
I appreciate the translation you've done and hope you don't decide on completly dropping since we havn't been discussing this much as of late. I think that's mainly cause now there are more people out there giving summaries to novels which has piqued their interest, not that I am trying to imply anything here.
Just know that we are all here to support you as I really enjoy the story (just wish not every vol had tentacle rape)
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 12:43   Link #585
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
@ArchmageXin I'm with Ricochet. To be honest, this is probably the series I've been looking forward the most. Hope you haven't given up on us yet.
__________________
XFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 13:04   Link #586
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
I'm currently translating part 2/3 of vol. 7 summary. I finally got free time after group project.

I think Chinese emperors usually have over hundred concubines. I can't imagine the amount of stamina he lost to orgy instead of doing his job. I also hold no respect for Chinese emperor who think China is the best (and other nations are inferior culture).

I think there are a lot of rulers in Chinese history who outdid Hitler and Stalin. Chinese is the most populace country in the world, as well as the bloodiest nation with over 300 millions deaths over the cause of history, from civil war and rebellion, all because the emperors during that time are assholes...

Well, I regret talking too much about Freezing and Campione... I should be able to do the translation up to vol. 9 already if I didn't waste time on endless argument like that.



Well, I think I'll now dedicate my time to make a list of names and terminologies in this series first using the knowledge I have from Thai summary and google translate SnRK wiki page... I have enough trying to remember how the names are spelled while doing summary. I'm currently struck at writing Eco's full name and how the hell I should call the place where Ash and Eco meet with Narvi.

...

I'll change Eco to Eiko, Narvi to Navi, dragon technical room to dragon's workshop, Corset to Cosette, Prim to Primrose, Afdosia to Avudocha, Arnia to Anya, Creamhild to Kriemhild, Saragaias III to Zacharias III, Modred to Mordred, Willington to Willingham, necromancer dragon to necromancia, shining flower dragon crystal to draconic crystal flower, holy star stone Uranus to star rock Uranus, dark hell stone Pluto to Hades' stone Pluto, etc.

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2012-09-27 at 14:09.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 14:12   Link #587
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm currently translating part 2/3 of vol. 7 summary. I finally got free time after group project.

I think Chinese emperors usually have over hundred concubines. I can't imagine the amount of stamina he lost to orgy instead of doing his job. I also hold no respect for Chinese emperor who think China is the best (and other nations are inferior culture).

I think there are a lot of rulers in Chinese history who outdid Hitler and Stalin. Chinese is the most populace country in the world, as well as the bloodiest nation with over 300 millions deaths over the cause of history, from civil war and rebellion...

Well, I regret talking too much about Freezing and Campione... I should be able to do the translation up to vol. 9 already if I didn't waste time on endless argument like that.



Well, I think I'll now dedicate my time to make a list of names and terminologies in this series first using the knowledge I have from Thai summary and google translate SnRK wiki page... I have enough trying to remember how the names are spelled while doing summary. I'm currently struck at writing Eco's full name and how the hell I should call the place where Ash and Eco meet with Narvi.
You have to realize

1) China was bigger than the entire Europe+large chunk of Middle East in term of population and land mass. Thus, in order to compare war/deaths, you need pretty much tally up all the wars the entire Europe +Middle East put together to match.

2) Like I said in the previous post, most of those girls will die virgins. They do get to live in the Imperial palace and their families will be well off...but only a few end up bearing Imperial prince/princess. The concubines are more like a tax with a human cost to variance provinces, and at most be part of a choir or something.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:18   Link #588
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Everyone's talking about China and concubines all of a sudden. Even if this series does get Harem End (which it darn well better) I can't see Ash demanding tribute in the form of young virgins.

His perverted friend, maybe. But not Ash.
__________________
XFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:24   Link #589
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
After forming his kingdom with all those girls concubines is the way to go
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:33   Link #590
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
You have to realize

1) China was bigger than the entire Europe+large chunk of Middle East in term of population and land mass. Thus, in order to compare war/deaths, you need pretty much tally up all the wars the entire Europe +Middle East put together to match.

2) Like I said in the previous post, most of those girls will die virgins. They do get to live in the Imperial palace and their families will be well off...but only a few end up bearing Imperial prince/princess. The concubines are more like a tax with a human cost to variance provinces, and at most be part of a choir or something.
1) So when they start war with other nations, they'd claim the casualty they suffered is equal to racial slaughter. They're jerks who'd sacrifice so many of their kins in Zerg Rush attack. Even Stalin feared China'd use this tactic against them back during the beginning of Cold War era.

Hell, the power struggling in China beat all records in history of other nations so far. I'm a bit glad they don't use their revenge slogan on the races that used to fight them in the past since those races would be history (Mongols, Manchus).

2) Well, I know not all emperors are like that.

Chinese slogan back then was like their wife is cloth, while their children that aren't the eldest son are goods.

BTW, I'm done doing the list of the character names already, now moving on to terminology, then a bit of explanation.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 16:04   Link #591
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
1) So when they start war with other nations, they'd claim the casualty they suffered is equal to racial slaughter. They're jerks who'd sacrifice so many of their kins in Zerg Rush attack. Even Stalin feared China'd use this tactic against them back during the beginning of Cold War era.

Hell, the power struggling in China beat all records in history of other nations so far. I'm a bit glad they don't use their revenge slogan on the races that used to fight them in the past since those races would be history (Mongols, Manchus).

2) Well, I know not all emperors are like that.

Chinese slogan back then was like their wife is cloth, while their children that aren't the eldest son are goods.

BTW, I'm done doing the list of the character names already, now moving on to terminology, then a bit of explanation.
Start a war with another nation? When did they start a war with anyone in the last 250 years?

Napoleanic War...Nope

100 Yr War...nope

Opium War...nope.

First World War...nope

Second World War....nope.

Korean War...Nope

Gulf War...Nope.

The closest thing toward outright anti-foreigner war is the boxer's rebellion, which was a direct reaction to bullshit like "Dogs and Chinese cannot enter" establishments in China.

As for using wave-men tactics, one have to use whatever resource they have. if that manage to stop crazies like Stalin and Ike, then it works.

Finally, women back then are pretty much cattle no matter what country you live in. (Maybe except Iran-Persian days where women are allowed to own property and vote).
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 16:06   Link #592
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
This a fragment from the summary of vol 7. Did the king of chevron had 108 child or at least more than 80? If so then he must have incredible amount of stamina. That is a small army. Will ash compete to have more than 108 child, If so then he must have 4-5 child with each of the girls of his harem. .
Actually, isn't Britain's line of succession currently calculated to the thousands? After immediate children, many of the nobles are in line of succession due to marriage like 200 years back.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 17:38   Link #593
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
I give up trying to argue about China.

I just made a list of the character in this series. The names are well chosen by me. Since most of the names and terminology are from Irish folklore, I just wiki-searched them.

Spoiler for SnRK Character List (incomplete):


Next, the list of terminology e.g. the name of places, airships, dragon types, weapons etc.

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2012-09-27 at 18:06.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 17:47   Link #594
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 19
WTF with this series!? it slowly devolve into cliched and typical harems in recent volumes. It's pretty much the same old story of him helping the girls and girls keep falling to him, plus the typical violent jealousy but outright denial from the heroine (WHAM! "I'm hitting you because....because you're a pervert and not because I like you or I'm jealous, okay? Don't misunderstand me!"). Even worse, the dude is completely oblivious towards their feeling. I wonder what's going on with the author.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 17:57   Link #595
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
WTF with this series!? it slowly devolve into cliched and typical harems in recent volumes. It's pretty much the same old story of him helping the girls and girls keep falling to him, plus the typical violent jealousy but outright denial from the heroine (WHAM! "I'm hitting you because....because you're a pervert and not because I like you or I'm jealous, okay? Don't misunderstand me!"). Even worse, the dude is completely oblivious towards their feeling. I wonder what's going on with the author.
...

That's what I thought too. However, it's not too bad.

The only LN I think has least flaw is Madan no Ou to Vanadis. The rest is all guilty pleasure.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 18:05   Link #596
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 19
I just feel bad, honestly. This series started out very interesting with a bunch of premise. But.....if only the author were more "consistent" and not keep adding girls into Ash's sleeve, probably SnD would be a masterpiece. Well, you're right. It's not very bad, especially the politic parts that, in my opinion, even surpasses Madan no Ou.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 18:12   Link #597
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I just feel bad, honestly. This series started out very interesting with a bunch of premise. But.....if only the author were more "consistent" and not keep adding girls into Ash's sleeve, probably SnD would be a masterpiece. Well, you're right. It's not very bad, especially the politic parts that, in my opinion, even surpasses Madan no Ou.
The way the author keeps adding girls into Ash's harem is annoying but at least it doesn't affect the storyline too much (aka, girls simply fall for him too easily right when Ash puts the flag on them). However, while the the main story remains unaffected from the additional harem, the way the new girls being added into his harem is way too cliché.

But at least this series is almost a confirmed harem end (or open end). I prefer this series more than HnA and STnBD that I have to tremble in fear of "tsundere (bitch actually, tsundere can't be that terrible) first girl win" rule. What good do the MC of those series see in the bitches anyway?

BTW, now that I'm finished with the character names (incomplete, but that's enough to use when translating), I'll move on to terminology. More headache...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 18:31   Link #598
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
*snip*
Much appreciated buddy
Although remember tsundere & you, always lead to arguments, so lets best not think about it ok
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 19:08   Link #599
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 19
This series also have some tsundere (e.g. Eco and that arrogant princess). Now i wonder how Kleyook capable of maintaining his sanity while summarizing this series. BTW, Thanks a lot for your summary!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 21:23   Link #600
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Thanks Kleeyok.

btw, you really don't like Oscar, do you?

Eco's name is...
__________________
XFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dragons, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.