AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 49 38.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 22.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.56%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-20, 12:53   Link #121
USCPharmacist

Not too bad, but not too good either. First of all the animation was pretty crappy but I don't mind too much cuz, you know this IS tv series after all. It would be scary if every episode is movie quality. However, the delivery of many scenes seemed very off, especially the part when they bond the priest to the tree and waited holy 24 secs before they tried to do something. I meant maybe the priest can block bullet or something but still, 24 secs? Shoot him for god sake even though he might break the tree. Ufotable should've just have him break the tree in 3-4 sec tops. I was yelling to the screen, shoot him or run you dumb broads, JESUS NOW IS TOO LATE GOOOOOODDDDD!!!! XD

8/10
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 13:25   Link #122
Marik

Yeah I was yelling at the screen too. They didn't do anything........just watching the priest breaking the tree. LoL. Now they have to come up with something new, otherwise the priest will kill them all.
Marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 13:40   Link #123
sento

Dramatic usage of time in fiction is so classical that is not that bad of a issue (and it was specifically well done silencing the upbeat music just like that), the scene was supossed to take place in a few seconds and Maiya was beaten enough struggling to stand.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 14:51   Link #124
g_silver
Baka Member

Another well done episode. really enjoy Kayneth "bite the dust" face
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Kirei really didn't have any other choice there: either stab irisviel(and he took care to not give her a direct fatal wound, so that she could be saved), or face saber and get killed...
I think so too. It's unlikely Kirei's stab was ment to kill Iris, he even said himself that she's guard grail vessel and shouldn't be in the front line. if Iris die now none will get the grail
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
Not too bad, but not too good either. First of all the animation was pretty crappy but I don't mind too much cuz, you know this IS tv series after all. It would be scary if every episode is movie quality. However, the delivery of many scenes seemed very off, especially the part when they bond the priest to the tree and waited holy 24 secs before they tried to do something. I meant maybe the priest can block bullet or something but still, 24 secs? Shoot him for god sake even though he might break the tree. Ufotable should've just have him break the tree in 3-4 sec tops. I was yelling to the screen, shoot him or run you dumb broads, JESUS NOW IS TOO LATE GOOOOOODDDDD!!!! XD
I think its understandable, Iris do everything she could, it took all her might to just restrain Kirei and hope for help from Maiya, which is already too beat up
Running? and left Maiya behind? also I don't think lady raised in the castle could outrun Martial arts expert

Last edited by g_silver; 2011-11-20 at 15:13.
g_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 16:55   Link #125
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post

8/10
animation crappy? Were we even watching the same show?
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:11   Link #126
Aqua Knight

The first bullet Kiritsugu fired was normal or what? How did it penetrate mercury?

And the second one hit the mercury produced by Kayneth, so that's why it zapped him, right?
Old 2011-11-20, 17:14   Link #127
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
The first bullet Kiritsugu fired was normal or what? How did it penetrate mercury?

And the second one hit the mercury produced by Kayneth, so that's why it zapped him, right?
No, the first was an origin bullet as well. It just didn't screw Kayneth up like the second one did because he wasn't putting much of his power into the mercury. The second one, as Kiritsugu figured, had the entirety of his magic behind it, thus completely screwing his system over when it connected.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:20   Link #128
Aqua Knight

^
1st bullet penetrated mercury just because it was a stronger bullet,compared to submachine bullets and Kayneth didn't expect it?

And if Kayneth put up as strong mercury wall as he did the 2nd time, in their first battle , he would have been fried like in the second time?
I mean was it necessary for Kiritsugu to land a hit on Kayneth for the first time or not?
Old 2011-11-20, 17:37   Link #129
GDB

No, the first wasn't just "a stronger bullet", it was an Origin Bullet. The kind that fries magical circuits. It's just that the mercury was only using enough power to block normal bullets. If he had been putting all his power into the shield like he did the second time, then yes he would've been fried on the first shot.

Whether Kiritsugu needed to hit him on the first shot or not isn't clear, it certainly helped as it was clearly affecting Kayneth.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:41   Link #130
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, the first wasn't just "a stronger bullet", it was an Origin Bullet. The kind that fries magical circuits. It's just that the mercury was only using enough power to block normal bullets. If he had been putting all his power into the shield like he did the second time, then yes he would've been fried on the first shot.

Whether Kiritsugu needed to hit him on the first shot or not isn't clear, it certainly helped as it was clearly affecting Kayneth.
If the first bullet was an Origin bullet, then why did Kiritsugu swap the bullet in his pistol for a known Origin one after that shot? Would think the bullet he took out and replaced would have also been an Origin bullet already if he had started off from the get go firing Origin bullets.

I got the impression it was a normal bullet because it was simply supposed to lure his opponent to do what he wanted.

That said, I realize many of you have read the novels, so if this is something they explicitly stated in it, than I'll drop the topic.

Always hard to have a real conversation as I never know whether people are basing their comments off the anime or the novels.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:56   Link #131
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Well, the way I see it, if the first was an origin bullet, it'd have still screwed Kayneth over, just not as hard. Because he wasn't using all his prana, only part of it, but it'd have channeled to the magic circuits he had active anyway, due to the way the origin bullet works.

So I figured the first was a normal bullet.

But I haven't read the novels, so I don't know if I got it wrong or what.
Old 2011-11-20, 18:04   Link #132
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

No, the first bullet was a regular springfield bullet, which was used as a bait to force Kayneth to pour all his prana in his defensive formation later on. It wasn't described as a origin bullet at all in the LN:
Spoiler for LN, Volume 2:
Old 2011-11-20, 18:13   Link #133
Geburah

First bullet is an actual bullet. Using hydrodinamics mercury has a limit on how much power he can withstand on a concentrated place. He forced Kayneth to pour most or all of his prana so his defences would be on par, plus an extra to avoid aditional surprises. The fact that the first shot hit was just a lucky streak.

If the first bullet was loaded with his origin, only those magic circuits in use would fry out, revealing Kiritsugu intentions before being a certain kill, and allowing El melloi to retreat before that unknow danger. He needed most if not all magic circuits active to ensure his victory.

Plus he NEVER waste those origin bullets using them only when theres a sure kill, not like he can get more unless he want to lose more bone parts of his
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 22:13   Link #134
ChronoReverse

The first bullet was a regular one. Perhaps it was made absolutely clear in the anime but the novel does.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 22:40   Link #135
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Caster:
Old 2011-11-20, 23:32   Link #136
Akarin

Kayneth should be dead just from the mercury entering his bloodstream after he got shot for the second time. Poor Kayneth, he is as good as dead now.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 23:35   Link #137
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Kayneth should be dead just from the mercury entering his bloodstream after he got shot for the second time. Poor Kayneth, he is as good as dead now.
the 2nd bullet never hit him, it hit the mercury shield.
Old 2011-11-20, 23:58   Link #138
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Kayneth should have worn a bullet proof vest before engaging battle
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 00:56   Link #139
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
No, the Contender was chosen specifically so that its impractical to defend by physical means too. Only a tank armor could block a calibur of that size shot by the Contender.
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 02:18   Link #140
Haak
PARTY HARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I doubt that would've helped.